TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 05-03-2022, 10:55 PM   #761
xrodmuc316
CodeBot Engaged...WOAAHH!

xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
xrodmuc316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 11:04 PM   #762
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Let’s talk about it
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 11:12 PM   #763
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 View Post
Old 05-04-2022, 12:21 AM   #764
puroresu fan

puroresu fan has a good deal of rep (10,000+)puroresu fan has a good deal of rep (10,000+)puroresu fan has a good deal of rep (10,000+)puroresu fan has a good deal of rep (10,000+)puroresu fan has a good deal of rep (10,000+)puroresu fan has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
And I thought YouTube comments were bad
puroresu fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 12:29 AM   #765
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
Heyman and MVP are where you could stop. I didn’t say the most managers, I said the best managers. No one touches them.

The Usos have been on the main roster for 12 years now. The New Day have been together for 8. The Street Profits for 6. The longevity argument is an outdated one. Splitting up teams wouldn’t negate the argument that WWE have a good division anyway.

Right now they’ve got aforementioned teams, RKBro, Alpha fucking Academy, The Mysterios, Ziggler & Roode, and the ability to put a bunch of other guys into the mix that currently aren’t cycled in (Edge & Priest, Gunther & Kaiser, Styles & Balor). It’s just an antiquated argument that they don’t have the teams available to produce top quality tag team stuff. It’s been the highlight on Raw.

This is probably the strongest the division has ever been since The Hardys, E&C, The Dudleys, APA, Too Cool, Radicalz days. And I can’t think of another time where it was more important in the context of the show. RKBro and The Usos are just about to headline a PPV.

I’ve also read that RKBro are MASSIVE merch movers for them. Hence why they don’t break them up. But the team has gotten over and worked. To say they aren’t one of the most important acts there right now is just absurd.

Now compare that to AEW. Do Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus compare as champs to either WWE team? No. Are any of the teams true main event acts? No. They’ve got FTR, who are outstanding, but booked so terribly by the company. They’ve got alien belts no one cares about and have had to build up a reputation outside the show to get over enough to stand out.

WWE had them in the first place, lol. WWE wants them now? They hired them anyway. FTR quit. Their greatness was well known before any AEW run.

The anti-WWE lens skewers everything, and it tends to fall back on antiquated arguments and internet tropes that don’t hold true under examination.
They hold very true. You have apparently confused me with an AEW fanboy. I've been bitching about this type of stuff in WWE for ages. I myself never made the argument about AEW having a better tag division. Their shit sucks in a completely different way, starting with the notion that :Schiavone voice: "The Young Bucks are the greatest tag team in the history of our sport"... but it wasn't the topic. So please stop with the false equivalancy shit. This has nothing to do with the very clear and utter bullshit in AEW right now. AEW's nonsense is a different subject entirely. Cut that out.

Yes, the Usos have been together for MOST of their time in WWE (and initially were with Tamina), except when they weren't on those couple of times they had solo runs. New Day being together for 8 years has nothing to do with other teams being either randomly paired and/or broken up... and even there, they have been severed by the brand split more than once (but you prob'ly only remember the times they were considered "one person" and were drafted together). And on that, they were all almost fired because that forced positivity babyface BS they were on initially wasn't working, and as per usual, it was somehow "their fault" instead of just not being something fans wanted to see. They had to beg Vince to turn heel, which started them down the road to being together as a group for so long as talent the folks gave a shit about. On the other side of that fence, you had a team like The Major Brothers, who Vince decided after about two weeks that "nobody would buy them as brothers" even though nobody knew who the hell Brian Myers and Matt Cardona were on top of them having the same haircut and twinsy ring gear (and all that before they became Edge's stunt doubles for awhile). Meanwhile, that same company still to this day run with the kayfabe fantasy about Undertaker and Kane even though EVERYBODY knows better anymore.

I also wasn't making a blanket statement that EVERY SINGLE TEAM gets split, though it has historically happened a lot. The divison as a whole always gets minimized. They get flashes of resurgance, just like I said before, but it never lasts. And again, I'm only counting main roster men's belts. The NXT titles don't mean much, because it isn't even close to guaranteed that the teams holding them will survive as teams to the main roster. For every Street Profits still there and allowed to be themselves, you have your AoPs, or Blake & Murphys, or Enzo & Cass's-es. And the women's tag teams are just the "everyone gets a turn 2.0 belts". There is no real division, and very few actual women's teams to begin with... just mostly a series of loose alliances that makes little sense to have a division around.

Yes, RKBro is popular now, and a merch mover, but you know damn well they're nothing but another "odd couple" gimmick destined to be broken up. Most likely from Orton turning on Riddle - even though they may surprise everyone (doubt it) by having it go the other way. Alpha Academy is either the 4th or 5th tag partner for Chad Gable (I legit don't remember how many anymore), and second partner for Otis. They are literally both remnants of other teams that had been broken up.

For as poorly as they foster tagging as a division, it makes little sence to have two sets of titles other than the perception of USA and FOX not wanting one show to have something the other doesn't. On the company end, there are less teams and more angles and excuses for singles stars to "have something to do". Its more "let's form a stable... welp, guess these two guys are the requisite tag team". It's more "TAG TEAM MATCH, PLAYA!" type booking than actually fostering an environment for actual tag teams.

As for FTR, the gif of them with IcyHot on their nuts is the tip of the iceberg. Yes, they quit. Remember why? They said themselves WWE were about to saddle them with being a parody of 80s wrestlers in a comedic fashion. It was going to be another Ascention situation ("most dominant tag team" in NXT, made out to be jokes and never-wases on the main roster who talked big but never beat any one of note and got gangbanged by finishers from Legends teams that weren't even active on the roster anymore). Instead of being taken any sort of seriously, they were going to be part of the clusterfuck of guys chasing after the 24/7 Title. They were going to be finding new and creative ways to be taking the RKO. They were going to be footnotes; incidental guys who ate a pinfall or squeaked out a win in that one match where Singles Star A and Singles Star B began their feud and overshadowing anything The Revival did since that isn't and won't be the focus.

This isn't that "fedbad" bullshit that I'm already tired of. This is stuff that has precident and track records. This is the conclusion of the "baby we can change/we're listening to you fans" McMahon family promo that we've all made fun of. Tag team wrestling, midcard titles meaning anything whatsoever, and fostering anything close to a new career manager dies on the vine to ensure everyone oos and aahs at the fruit that is currently Roman Reigns, or previously John Cena, or whatever top-tier talent or market share ploy they consider worthy to throw ALL their attention into at the literal expense of everything else down the card.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 01:56 AM   #766
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
They hold very true. You have apparently confused me with an AEW fanboy. I've been bitching about this type of stuff in WWE for ages. I myself never made the argument about AEW having a better tag division. Their shit sucks in a completely different way, starting with the notion that :Schiavone voice: "The Young Bucks are the greatest tag team in the history of our sport"... but it wasn't the topic. So please stop with the false equivalancy shit. This has nothing to do with the very clear and utter bullshit in AEW right now. AEW's nonsense is a different subject entirely. Cut that out.

Yes, the Usos have been together for MOST of their time in WWE (and initially were with Tamina), except when they weren't on those couple of times they had solo runs. New Day being together for 8 years has nothing to do with other teams being either randomly paired and/or broken up... and even there, they have been severed by the brand split more than once (but you prob'ly only remember the times they were considered "one person" and were drafted together). And on that, they were all almost fired because that forced positivity babyface BS they were on initially wasn't working, and as per usual, it was somehow "their fault" instead of just not being something fans wanted to see. They had to beg Vince to turn heel, which started them down the road to being together as a group for so long as talent the folks gave a shit about. On the other side of that fence, you had a team like The Major Brothers, who Vince decided after about two weeks that "nobody would buy them as brothers" even though nobody knew who the hell Brian Myers and Matt Cardona were on top of them having the same haircut and twinsy ring gear (and all that before they became Edge's stunt doubles for awhile). Meanwhile, that same company still to this day run with the kayfabe fantasy about Undertaker and Kane even though EVERYBODY knows better anymore.

I also wasn't making a blanket statement that EVERY SINGLE TEAM gets split, though it has historically happened a lot. The divison as a whole always gets minimized. They get flashes of resurgance, just like I said before, but it never lasts. And again, I'm only counting main roster men's belts. The NXT titles don't mean much, because it isn't even close to guaranteed that the teams holding them will survive as teams to the main roster. For every Street Profits still there and allowed to be themselves, you have your AoPs, or Blake & Murphys, or Enzo & Cass's-es. And the women's tag teams are just the "everyone gets a turn 2.0 belts". There is no real division, and very few actual women's teams to begin with... just mostly a series of loose alliances that makes little sense to have a division around.

Yes, RKBro is popular now, and a merch mover, but you know damn well they're nothing but another "odd couple" gimmick destined to be broken up. Most likely from Orton turning on Riddle - even though they may surprise everyone (doubt it) by having it go the other way. Alpha Academy is either the 4th or 5th tag partner for Chad Gable (I legit don't remember how many anymore), and second partner for Otis. They are literally both remnants of other teams that had been broken up.

For as poorly as they foster tagging as a division, it makes little sence to have two sets of titles other than the perception of USA and FOX not wanting one show to have something the other doesn't. On the company end, there are less teams and more angles and excuses for singles stars to "have something to do". Its more "let's form a stable... welp, guess these two guys are the requisite tag team". It's more "TAG TEAM MATCH, PLAYA!" type booking than actually fostering an environment for actual tag teams.

As for FTR, the gif of them with IcyHot on their nuts is the tip of the iceberg. Yes, they quit. Remember why? They said themselves WWE were about to saddle them with being a parody of 80s wrestlers in a comedic fashion. It was going to be another Ascention situation ("most dominant tag team" in NXT, made out to be jokes and never-wases on the main roster who talked big but never beat any one of note and got gangbanged by finishers from Legends teams that weren't even active on the roster anymore). Instead of being taken any sort of seriously, they were going to be part of the clusterfuck of guys chasing after the 24/7 Title. They were going to be finding new and creative ways to be taking the RKO. They were going to be footnotes; incidental guys who ate a pinfall or squeaked out a win in that one match where Singles Star A and Singles Star B began their feud and overshadowing anything The Revival did since that isn't and won't be the focus.

This isn't that "fedbad" bullshit that I'm already tired of. This is stuff that has precident and track records. This is the conclusion of the "baby we can change/we're listening to you fans" McMahon family promo that we've all made fun of. Tag team wrestling, midcard titles meaning anything whatsoever, and fostering anything close to a new career manager dies on the vine to ensure everyone oos and aahs at the fruit that is currently Roman Reigns, or previously John Cena, or whatever top-tier talent or market share ploy they consider worthy to throw ALL their attention into at the literal expense of everything else down the card.
Sorry, I don’t agree with this. I’m critical of the automatic conclusion that “WWE doesn’t like tag teams,” “WWE doesn’t like managers.” I don’t think it is true. I provided my reasoning.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 02:53 AM   #767
xrodmuc316

xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-norm-fan View Post
Old 05-04-2022, 06:41 AM   #768
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Sorry, I don’t agree with this. I’m critical of the automatic conclusion that “WWE doesn’t like tag teams,” “WWE doesn’t like managers.” I don’t think it is true. I provided my reasoning.
lol you are such a twit
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:59 AM   #769
screech
Shelly Martinez = Ratings

screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I mean, he'd have to watch the show to know that those things can be true.
screech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 09:15 AM   #770
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
And that right there is all that needs to be considered when reading said posts. ^
drave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 12:31 PM   #771
puroresu fan

puroresu fan has a good deal of rep (10,000+)puroresu fan has a good deal of rep (10,000+)puroresu fan has a good deal of rep (10,000+)puroresu fan has a good deal of rep (10,000+)puroresu fan has a good deal of rep (10,000+)puroresu fan has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by screech View Post
I mean, he'd have to watch the show to know that those things can be true.
To be fair, he has a great mind for the business.

He's outspoken and doesn't shy away from expressing unpopular views. We can't agree on everything. That's how democracy functions.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:51 PM   #772
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Which wrestling company genuinely has better managers or a better tag team division currently than WWE?

erickman suggested Impact and the NWA. I’ve been trying to watch more NWA, but who are the featured tag teams there? In the NWA you’ve got The Briscoes. The NWA features solid wrestling, but I wasn’t aware of a truly pumping tag team division.

The WWE has got RKBro, Alpha Academy, Street Profits, Ziggler & Roode, The Usos and The New Day.
Old 05-04-2022, 04:28 PM   #773
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
For the record, nobody gives a shit about The Dirty Dawgz
XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 04:34 PM   #774
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think you’re judging it by different standards.

Noid is setting the bar at “best compared to” and Guycott is setting the bar at “best it could possibly be”.

I’m inclined to agree largely with Noid’s assessment that WWE tag division > than most right now, however, that’s the issue; it’s going great guns right now, but precedent suggests it won’t last. Which then becomes an issue with people committing to it. I suffer from this myself. Everything good in WWE I’m just waiting for them to misstep/fuck it up/scrap it entirely because that’s pretty much their modus operandi at this point. You don’t get the “benefit of the doubt” until you earn it, and WWE have a lot of making up to do in that department for a lot of people.
XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 04:44 PM   #775
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
I think you’re judging it by different standards.

Noid is setting the bar at “best compared to” and Guycott is setting the bar at “best it could possibly be”.

I’m inclined to agree largely with Noid’s assessment that WWE tag division > than most right now, however, that’s the issue; it’s going great guns right now, but precedent suggests it won’t last. Which then becomes an issue with people committing to it. I suffer from this myself. Everything good in WWE I’m just waiting for them to misstep/fuck it up/scrap it entirely because that’s pretty much their modus operandi at this point. You don’t get the “benefit of the doubt” until you earn it, and WWE have a lot of making up to do in that department for a lot of people.
Oh, it could definitely be better. But what other tag team division can hold a candle to it? Things will get emphasized differently over time in wrestling. There will almost definitely be lulls in WWE’s tag division again. But that doesn’t necessarily come from a place of malice or an internet fan wrestling trope either.

WWE seem to hum at a level of adequacy that a lot of promotions haven’t even earned in the first place. It’s fair if you’ve decided you aren’t going to trust WWE anymore. But it’s sad because there isn’t really an alternative that can bat on their level.
Old 05-04-2022, 04:46 PM   #776
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
For the record, nobody gives a shit about The Dirty Dawgz
Eh, disagree. They’re not what they could be, but Ziggler was just NXT Champion. That’s more global exposure than AEW would get. In terms of being a quality team? They shit all over most, honestly. It’s just the matter of a renewed push, which may or may not come.
Old 05-04-2022, 05:05 PM   #777
puroresu fan

Quote:
Eh, disagree. They’re not what they could be, but Ziggler was just NXT Champion. That’s more global exposure than AEW would get. In terms of being a quality team? They shit all over most, honestly. It’s just the matter of a renewed push, which may or may not come.
Ziggler's title reign cemented Bron Breakker as the top face of the NXT brand.

Their title rematch on RAW after Mania had more viewership than Dynamite and Rampage can ever dream of.
Old 05-04-2022, 06:21 PM   #778
erickman
king of sucks

erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
the thing with wwe tag teams is vince likes singles better, he said years ago better to pay 2 wrestlers to do a match then 4 wrestlers. that is going by cornett. with that thinking vince will never have a good tag div. so for wwe we are just stuck with new day an the uso's till they get to old.
erickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:44 PM   #779
Ruien
MVP Mark

Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ruien makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think the WWE is realizing the potential of utilizing managers. Bobby Lashley and Roman Reigns both needed a manager to get over the hump. Managers will probably be used sparingly but wisely in the WWE.

It is also rare to have an effective manager. WWE does not need to go down the route of bringing in a bunch of managers who are average. Keep the manager role for select wrestlers who can easily be a superstar with a mouthpiece.
Ruien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 01:01 PM   #780
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
slik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 01:09 PM   #781
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
More blood for the blood god
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 03:33 PM   #782
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Swerve was telling a story on his podcast about B-Fab's firing.

WWE uses a scheduling app for their talent's travel arrangements. All of Hit Row were set to travel to SmackDown and on the day of travel it disappeared off of B-Fab's schedule but still had it on the other 3 guys' schedule.

B-Fab called the office and couldn't get a hold of anybody, so Top Dolla called Johnny Ace to see what the deal was. Ace told him it was fine and that she just wasn't needed that week. The 3 guys flew in and found out mid-flight over Twitter that B-Fab got fired.

Then when they arrived at the building they got an ass chewing for calling Johnny Ace at all. "Mind your own business" etc. Even though the act was a quartet so it's not really that egregious that they called in to see if the travel shit was a mistake or not.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 08:10 AM   #783
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
lol what a company
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 09:47 AM   #784
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Between that and bringing up Shotzi without the writers even knowing she was in a tag team with ember, its starting to sound a lot like late wcw in terms of disorganization and just never knowing what the fuck is going on.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:41 PM   #785
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
Between that and bringing up Shotzi without the writers even knowing she was in a tag team with ember, its starting to sound a lot like late wcw in terms of disorganization and just never knowing what the fuck is going on.
Lol, they knew she was in a tag team. They weren’t that interested in Ember because they had used her before on many different levels and she has never been able to get over. They gave her the NXT Women’s Title in her hometown and it was lukewarm.
Old 05-06-2022, 01:59 PM   #786
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

According to a recent interview with Ember, no, at least one of the writers working with them was unaware of them being a tag team.
Old 05-06-2022, 02:02 PM   #787
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

And it doesn't really matter if they didn't see anything in ember moon, but rather how they regard nxt in general, and really don't seem to give a shit about it. I think that plays a large factor in why so many talents have struggled after their call up.
Old 05-06-2022, 03:05 PM   #788
Mr. Nerfect

This is the problem with taking disgruntled ex-talent at their word. There was a major disconnect between NXT and the main roster. Triple H was aiming an indy-style product aimed at a certain subsection of fans. That’s what they’re trying to rectify now.
Old 05-06-2022, 04:40 PM   #789
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Well I mean it tracks considering how clueless they seem to be at times in regards to using nxt talent on the main roster.
Old 05-06-2022, 06:00 PM   #790
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Well I mean it tracks considering how clueless they seem to be at times in regards to using nxt talent on the main roster.
I’ll play. Like who?
Old 05-06-2022, 06:56 PM   #791
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

Oh boy…
Old 05-06-2022, 09:12 PM   #792
xrodmuc316

Quote:
And it doesn't really matter if they didn't see anything in ember moon, but rather how they regard nxt in general, and really don't seem to give a shit about it. I think that plays a large factor in why so many talents have struggled after their call up.
Ill go on record and say Ember Moon's initial NXT run was top tier. Great look, great music, best finisher, and her big main roster call up if I remember correctly was teaming with babyface Nia Jax talking about how it is ok to be comfortable believing in yourself Be a Star bullshit. Then they proceeded to do nothing whatsoever with her for months.

That is not a good business model.
Old 05-07-2022, 12:39 AM   #793
Mr. Nerfect

Ember Moon isn’t very good.

It’s trendy to blame WWE when the talent doesn’t get over. In most cases NXT talent have flopped on the main roster, there wasn’t much there to begin with. A lot of them have had attitude problems or downright suck too. AEW has exposed how WWE made a lot of guys look way better than they had any business looking.
Old 05-08-2022, 05:44 PM   #794
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Ember Moon isn’t very good.

It’s trendy to blame WWE when the talent doesn’t get over. In most cases NXT talent have flopped on the main roster, there wasn’t much there to begin with. A lot of them have had attitude problems or downright suck too. AEW has exposed how WWE made a lot of guys look way better than they had any business looking.
Do you even realize, or care, that doubling down on a stance that has been proven false over and over again isn't just going to make it true if you repeat it into your echo chamber enough?

OK, Google: Define "insanity".
DAMN iNATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:09 PM   #795
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR View Post
Do you even realize, or care, that doubling down on a stance that has been proven false over and over again isn't just going to make it true if you repeat it into your echo chamber enough?

OK, Google: Define "insanity".
The irony of this is that you’re coming down hard on a stance that I believe has been disproven.

Of all the talent that has been released since 2019 — we’ve got about 3 years now — who has actually been better off for it? It’s a VERY short list.
Old 05-08-2022, 06:14 PM   #796
Mr. Nerfect

Ember Moon was boring as shit in NXT. That four-way when she won the belt against Peyton Royce and whoever else the fuck was around had zero hype. Does anyone really disagree with this.

Can someone link me to an absolutely amazing Ember Moon match, promo or moment, let alone direct me to an actual run where she sustained those things? Come on.

It’s not always WWE’s fault when talent doesn’t pan out.
Old 05-08-2022, 06:39 PM   #797
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Except with Doug Basham, that was 100% WWE's fault
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:45 PM   #798
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I liked Ember Moon when she was in NXT, and it was "cool" the angle they were going with where Asuka had to "cheat"/"take shortcuts" to beat her... like the one person the unbeatable Asuka had to use underhanded tactics against....

But then Asuka got injured and had to vacate the title and Ember never got her moment of victory and won the title instead in a match that, yeah, didn't have any hype behind it.

Ideal booking would have had Asuka continue undefeated on the main roster and then Ember debut as the only one who pushed Asuka to her limits and made her cheat to win... then finally getting her moment defeating her.
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 12:33 AM   #799
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think its really weird to say that anyone and everyone who didn't work out ALL just so happened to be shit; that nobody had any value whatsoever and that's why they're gone...

Oh, and also it doesn't matter how fucked up they may have been treated in any step of the endeavour, from hiring to firing, it is all the fault of the wrestler for being subpar. Even being way more generous than reasonably neccessary, that smashes Occam's Razor to a very blunt edge.

It also doesn't check out when there are still shitty wrestlers who were or have been employed for years.

"Ember Moon isnt' that good", but to this same company, Kelly Kelly is considered a "legend" and - even as of the last surprise appearance she made - still runs ropes like a drunken Clydesdale. The most basic of basics, and she can't do it. The Bellas are HOF material, but Athena somehow sucks because they cut her. And the office not watching their own product and not realizing she was in a tag team is somehow bad on her because reasons.
Old 05-09-2022, 12:37 AM   #800
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
I liked Ember Moon when she was in NXT, and it was "cool" the angle they were going with where Asuka had to "cheat"/"take shortcuts" to beat her... like the one person the unbeatable Asuka had to use underhanded tactics against....

But then Asuka got injured and had to vacate the title and Ember never got her moment of victory and won the title instead in a match that, yeah, didn't have any hype behind it.

Ideal booking would have had Asuka continue undefeated on the main roster and then Ember debut as the only one who pushed Asuka to her limits and made her cheat to win... then finally getting her moment defeating her.
Sucks that two big Asuka matches got canned for auxillary circumstances. That build to pass the torch to Ember, and also, Asuka was supposed to cash in MITB on Becky, but Becky was with child.