TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Old 02-06-2021, 10:10 PM   #2841
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
End of month notes:

Lance Archer, QT Marshall, Pres10 Vance, Riho, and Sting all have 3 months left on their deals, all have been extended.
You're keeping Sting until the bitter end?

Quote:
Don Callis, Karl Anderson, and Thunder Rosa all inform me that they're increasing their per appearance rate by 10%.
Is that a thing in 4.2, where a worker just arbitrarily decides you're paying them more money. I think Sonya Braddock would be the only who'd be able to get away with that in my game...Jenna Kyle, too, under the right circumstances....

Quote:
The following birthdays occured this month: Lance Archer (44), Shawn Spears (40), Brian Cage (37), Serpentico (37), Penta El Zero Miedo (36), Aaron Solow (32), Santana (30), Ricky Starks (27), Terrell Hughes (26), Terrence Hughes (26), Baron Black (23), Shawn Dean (23)
El Zero Miedo is quite the roundabout way of simply saying 'The Brave'.

Quote:
Around the wrestling world: Gangrel, Kevin Matthews, Phil Atlas, and Yuki Ishikawa have announced that they will retire in a month.
Holy hell, Gangrel?!?! And I was giving shit to poor Sting and Chris Jericho?

---

Quote:
PWInsider news:

AEW is not yet ready to migrate to a monthly PPV model. Right now, officials are happy keeping it to one big PPV event per quarter: Revolution in February, Double or Nothing in May, All Out in August, and Full Gear in November. The fear is that monthly PPVs will drive down demand and make those events feel less special.

But recognizing the demand for content to supplement Dynamite, AEW will be holding monthly special events meant to help bridge the gaps between PPV months.

The first such event, Blood and Guts, will be held on Saturday, March 27 at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ.

The Prudential Center was meant to receive a special Blood and Guts edition of Dynamite on March 25, 2020 before the COVID-19 pandemic shut everything down and moved Dynamite permanently into the Daily's Place in Jacksonville, FL.

Now that the vaccines have come out in rapid speed since February and the world is ready to resume normalcy, AEW decided to give the fans in New Jersey the show they missed.

Blood and Guts was meant to center around a War Games-style match featuring the Inner Circle and The Elite. When plans had to be cancelled, this match instead turned into a Stadium Stampede match in an empty TIAA Bank Stadium at Double or Nothing 2020, bringing the conclusion of the longstanding Inner Circle/Elite rivalry.

As most members of the Elite have gone their separate ways, it is not yet known who will compete in this Blood and Guts match, if it will be centered on a stable or if it will feature makeshit teams encompassing multiple storylines at once.
Blood and Guts? I mean, that's a bit extreme from a marketing perspective, no? I don't think even ECW or XPW went that far. Also, we demand sources for these wild rumors and allegations! And how does any of this tie into how much heat Lana has in the locker room?!?
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:22 PM   #2842
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
You're keeping Sting until the bitter end?
Thanks to the deep pockets of the Khan family I'm not hurting for money, so I don't think there's much harm in keeping a few non-wrestlers around for use in angles now and then provided they're over enough to boost whatever they're involvement and charismatic enough to talk.

Funny enough, in my 2015 WWE game I was planning on bringing back the brand split and had the idea of Sting as SmackDown GM. AEW has no formal on-screen authority figure, Tony Khan is acknowledged as the guy who makes decisions but he has no on-screen involvement. I prefer it that way in real life, BUT in terms of a game I think being able to do authority angles now and then might be beneficial, could be a route I go.

Quote:
Is that a thing in 4.2, where a worker just arbitrarily decides you're paying them more money. I think Sonya Braddock would be the only who'd be able to get away with that in my game...Jenna Kyle, too, under the right circumstances....
Only for people on Open contracts where they can work for up to 3 promotions at a time on a pay per appearance basis, I don't remember if Open contracts were a thing on earlier games. As WWE I imagine all of your workers are on exclusive Written contracts.

Technically nothing is stopping me from signing Rosa (NWA) or Callis/The Good Brothers (Impact) to full time deals other than trying to keep something mildly realistic at the moment, especially as Callis is an EVP at Impact.

That said, Open deals are great for simulating working relationships between companies, and much like real life I think I'll soon be working out a deal to borrow talent from New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Quote:
Blood and Guts? I mean, that's a bit extreme from a marketing perspective, no? I don't think even ECW or XPW went that far.
True story: on AEW's first ever show, Double or Nothing in May 2019, Cody and Dustin Rhodes had a match and it was essentially a tribute to Dusty complete with turning into an 80s NWA style bloodbath after Dustin bladed juuuuuust a bit too deep.

A few months later, Vince said on an investor call "WWE is not going to do blood and guts of things of that nature that our potential competition is doing, and I can't imagine TNT would put up with that kind of content"

Fast forward to March 2020, AEW announces a special Blood and Guts edition of Dynamite live on TNT.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:58 PM   #2843
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Well I do keep Ian Moore around despite being 53. He has a 97 charisma rating and still has high stats as far as his work rate is concerned. It'd be quite the boost for another promotion to snag him, which is why I don't let him go. I could use him for the authority figure role but Benton is a sentimental favorite. As a side note, I wonder what kind of world the wrestling industry would be if every billionaire in the country just decided to form their own promotion just for shits and giggles.

Yeah, all of my guys are under written contract. I've essentially devastated the market with how stingy I am with my talent. Even the Japan tours are barren. I only mention Braddock because in the game's canon she's capable of tossing me through a wall if she doesn't get her payout.

Vince will always be his own worst enemy whenever it comes to the stuff that comes out of his mouth. I think the biggest shock to me in all of that is TNT would even have a wrestling show on air after all of this time. Like, what motivation would they have?
Old 02-07-2021, 11:40 PM   #2844
Helmsphere
Prince Of The Forum

Helmsphere makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Helmsphere makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Helmsphere makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Helmsphere makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Helmsphere makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Helmsphere makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Helmsphere makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Helmsphere makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Helmsphere makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Helmsphere makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Helmsphere makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Helmsphere makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Helmsphere makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Time to give Gangrel that last great run.
Helmsphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 03:56 AM   #2845
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

SmackDown!: May 18, 2040

Opening Match: Nigel Gallagher and The British Infection vs. Jerome McDougal and The Millennium Rebels
This is the Brits along with the newly arrived Nigel Gallagher against the crew of Aaron Ramsey in a bit of an extension of what went down on Raw. 6-person tags are always a fun way to kick off a show and this is no different. Aaron Ramsey earns his keep here by taking advantage of the inexperience of Nigel to allow him to fall victim to McDougal's treachery. The heels get the win here via shenanigans. ****1/2, 88% overall.

Backstage, Marc Fury is making his way to ring for his scheduled match. However, Hugo blindsides him and just batters him all over the place. The destruction continues apparently.

Second Match: Haven vs. L.A. Xander
I feel like Haven has been getting the shaft recently so I figure I give him a strong win here. Of course I immediately blow that up by having Zed Jones attack him afterward. Zed doesn't look to happy about what Haven did last night as he beats up Haven. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Third Match: Jason Sorola and Romeo Valiente vs. Martyn LaSalle and Ozzy Mandias
Intersecting two different rivalries here as we got some awesome cruiserweight action here. Ozzy and LaSalle get a countout win when Valiente decides he's having too rough of a night. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Backstage, Faith Connors comes across Jenna Kyle. Faith says that she's not exactly sure how to feel about last night. On one hand, she guesses she should be thankful that Jenna was there for her but on the other, she kind of blew it by getting disqualified. Now they both have to contend with a four way at Judgment Day. Jenna tells Faith to back off because she's not in the mood. Yeah, she screwed up but she doesn't owe Faith anything when it's all said and done. Jenna claims she'll find a way to win anyway because she is the Queen of Queens.

Faith lowers her head and sighs. "What happened between us?" she asks. "How did we get here? After all we've been through are we still here at this place just sniping at each other? Look, Judgment Day and how last night ended aside, if I'm being completely honest with you, teaming up was actually....fun. It was a brief glimpse into how things used to be between us before it all went to hell. Can't we at least TRY to get somewhere near there again?"

Jenna gets face-to-face with Faith and simply says, "I don't know. But I sure as hell won't be thinking about that at Judgment Day", before taking her leave.

Fourth Match: Billie Padgett, Emma Edwards, and Eclypse vs. Jamie Roderick, Lauren Franklyn, and Sarah Moore
Giving some of the underutilized women a showcase here while also giving a strong win for Billie Padgett. She hits Moore with the Red Hook for the pin. ****1/2, 91% overall.

Fifth Match: WWE Cruiserweight Champion Jordan Demiras vs. Zachary Vale
This was supposed to be Marc Fury facing Vale here but Demiras volunteers to step up after Fury got destroyed earlier. Demiras needed a win here after all Hotbody has put him through. Speaking of which, Hotbody screws up a run-in and Demiras capitalizes on it to get the pin on Vale. ****1/2, 90% overall.

Backstage, Naomi Bailey meets up with Hannah McCormick and they take turns taking pot shots at Faith and Jenna. They both feel each of them deserve to be called Queen of Queens.

Sixth Match: The Dillingers vs. The Academy
A way to provide a hot tag team match while also continuing the feud between Kyle Jacobs and Salvatore Scabbia, who gets involved here to help Randy Ellis get the win over Joey Dillinger. Kyle Jacobs runs in to get a piece of Scabbia as things continue to heat up ahead of their match at Judgment Day. *****, 95% overall.

Backstage, Butch Fleming wants to rip into Noah Carmichael. Judgment Day is such an appropriate name for next Sunday. The sin of turning your back on Butch Fleming has consequences. Dire consequences. Brutal consequences. A man can get very creative when he has a year to think about the people who have wrong him.

MAIN EVENT: No DQ, Seth Von Kamp vs. Moses McKay
This will hopefully be the final confrontation to settle things between these two. It's a wild brawl in an extension of the bloody encounter they went through at Backlash. Things come to an end when Seth Von Kamp hits the Collapse of Society for the pin. *****, 95% overall.

Overall show rating: 89%
Old 02-08-2021, 08:08 AM   #2846
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Sixth Match: The Dillingers vs. The Academy
A way to provide a hot tag team match while also continuing the feud between Kyle Jacobs and Salvatore Scabbia, who gets involved here to help Randy Ellis get the win over Joey Dillinger. Kyle Jacobs runs in to get a piece of Scabbia as things continue to heat up ahead of their match at Judgment Day. *****, 95% overall.

MAIN EVENT: No DQ, Seth Von Kamp vs. Moses McKay
This will hopefully be the final confrontation to settle things between these two. It's a wild brawl in an extension of the bloody encounter they went through at Backlash. Things come to an end when Seth Von Kamp hits the Collapse of Society for the pin. *****, 95% overall.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:09 AM   #2847
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Collapse of Society is a friggin great finisher name.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:04 AM   #2848
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
That's going to haunt my nightmares for a long time.
Old 02-08-2021, 01:49 PM   #2849
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Raw: May 21, 2040

We're six days away from Judgment Day! We've got a pretty loaded card so far but we're missing a Women's Title match and a Unified Tag Team Title match. Sonya Braddock is out here apparently to address that as she throws shade on Vivian Merrick. Sonya says she is always willing to put her money where her mouth is but expects anyone trying to step up to her to do the same. She calls out Vivian Merrick to the stage so they can hash out a deal.

Vivian slowly but surely answers the call in a huff. She has no problem throwing down when the time is right but says that things are going to be done on her terms. This is what Vivian proposes: a six-person match at Judgment Day, with Vivian teaming up with her Unified Tag Team champions, The Future Foundation facing off against Sonya Braddock and the Play Pals. Here's the catch: if Sonya's team wins, Sonya remains Women's Champion and the Play Pals can get their title shot. If Vivian's team wins, Vivian is the new Women's Champion. Sonya boasts about not needing the help but as long as it gives her a chance to shut Vivian up, she'll take it. It's on!

First Match: Quentin McDaniels vs. Mathias
This is Quentin's first appearance back after his brutal I Quit match at Backlash. Although I have to say it's quite the oversight on my part to have the LOSER of that match back into the thick of things quicker than the winner. Anyways, McDaniels makes the most of his return by securing a hard fought victory after hitting the Great Depression. ****1/2, 91% overall.

Second Match: The Play Pals vs. The Wolves of Wall Street
Well, the Play Pals have something to look forward to at Judgment Day and they need a strong showing here to prepare for that 6-person match. Both teams here just blow away the crowd with a hell of a performance that ends when Haywood locks in the Rage Quit on London for the tap out. *****, 95% overall.

Backstage, Kerry Cemenko and the Unified World Champion Noah Carmichael are being interviewed about tonight's match against their respective opponents, Xavier Cross and Butch Fleming. Cemenko is all about knocking self-absorbed jerks down a peg or two. Who knows? If he's impressive enough, he might even be in line for the Unified World Title. Carmichael tells Cemenko to hold his horses. Surviving tonight is crucial in order to own the night this Sunday. Butch Fleming may be all hot and bothered and fueled by a year's worth of bitterness but Carmichaels knows him better than anyone. Let tonight be the opening act for Judgment Day.

Third Match: Jenna Kyle and Faith Connors vs. Hannah McCormick and Bobbi Jo
Jenna and Faith are forced together here by order of Lisa Benton. This is a bit of a preview of the Queen of Queens match this Sunday. Once again, Jenna and Faith work well together here despite themselves. It's all for naught though as Naomi Bailey smacks Jenna down when they get face-to-face on the outside for the DQ. They brawl for a while before officials come out to get some control. *****, 94% overall.

I'm almost afraid of what's going to be produced in that four way come Judgment Day.

Backstage, WWE Cruiserweight Champion Jordan Demiras is up in arms over Michael Hotbody, his challenger this Sunday for the title. Jordan wants to compliment Hotbody for being slick. Hotbody thought he had a plan that was going to give him an easy route to the championship. Hotbody hoped if Jordan was mad enough, furious enough, and maybe just crazy enough, Jordan would end up screwing himself out of the title. Well Hotbody accomplished the first part and it's going to end up biting him in the ass.

Fourth Match: Clubber Harris and Chris Collins vs. The Wasteland
Haven't really had Collins and Harris doing much so screw it. Let them get a win here. Maybe they'll gel enough to where I get recommended they stay a team which would be interesting. Collins gets the pin on Duke after the Fall From Heaven. *****, 96% overall.

It's time to sign the contract for the Intercontinental Title match between Brandon Reigns and his former mentor, Jake Connelly in the middle of the ring. Reigns tells Connelly that this his last chance to back out of this whole mess. Nobody will think any less of him if he does. "It's like everyone keeps talking about, Jake Connelly is the man. He's the myth. He's the legend. Main event after main event. WrestleMania after WrestleMania. Championship after championship. What exactly is there to gain by taking part in this insanity at Judgment Day? Oh, I think I know. It's your wounded pride, isn't it? The mighty ego of The Vision, Jake Connelly, can not stand idly by after it has been bruised, is that right? This is all just an act of vanity. You know it, I know it, and everyone watching knows it. You'll get your Hall of Fame induction. You'll get your name etched into the record books until the end of time as one of the greats. You'll get some fancy schmancy cushy production job. So ultimately it all comes down to vanity and the reality is, for someone like you, with what you're looking to put on the line when you sign that contract against someone like me, that is easily the stupidest motivation to have."

Connelly stares a hole into Reigns as the champion wraps up his little speech, not the least bit amused. He takes his own mic and addresses his adversary. "It's funny that you mention vanity because quite frankly, vanity is a pretty stupid motivation for what you did two weeks ago. Now, it can definitely be argued that you are overdue as far as being the top guy is concerned. But if there's one thing I've learned doing this after all of these years, the biggest obstacle to where you want to go is yourself. You see YOUR ego couldn't bear pondering over whatever mishaps or errors in judgment you might have inflicted on yourself so you got yourself a nice little excuse wrapped up and packaged as Jake Connelly standing in your way. Well, I'm going to grant you your wish." Connelly pauses to sign the contract. "I am now officially in your way! And make no mistake, Brandon; the mishap you're going to have at Judgment Day, it's all going to be on me."

Reigns looks a tad apprehensive but ultimately puts his name on the dotted line. "It's your career. Don't worry. I'll make the end of it very memorable." With that, he whacks Connelly with the clipboard and we have a brawl on our hands. Connelly looks to have the upper hand and sets up for the Vision Impairment but Reigns counters with a shot to the face with the Money in the Bank briefcase. Reigns takes his leave as Connelly is down and out.

Fifth Match: WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody and Zed Jones vs. Shawn Dangerson and Josh Turmell
Hotbody and Jones have their hands full this Sunday and they have themselves an impressive outing here. Hotbody hits Dangerson with the Hot Ticket to pick up the win for his team and to BUILD MOMENTUM! Haven appears on screen and threatens Zed Jones by suggesting Judgment Day will be a wake up call inviting him to the beautiful hell that is in store. ****1/2, 91% overall.

Sixth Match: Kyle Jacobs vs. Lonny Richards
Jacobs is looking to BUILD MOMENTUM for Judgment Day as he's got Salvatore Scabbia in his sights. Richards uses this match to try to get himself over and dominates for the most part. The end comes when Scabbia drags Kyle out to smack him around for the DQ. Richards is still in the ring trying to gain his bearings when Caleb Greene makes his return to try to get a measure of revenge on his former partner. We've got a double brawl on our hands! ****1/2, 92% overall.

MAIN EVENT: WWE Unified World Champion Noah Carmichael and Kerry Cemenko vs. Butch Fleming and Xavier Cross
It's the last Raw before Judgment Day so naturally all four men are interested in making an impact to gain some measure of an advantage. It's not so much a tag match as it is a clashing of stubborn, uncontrollable forces. Ultimately, Cross uses one of the Unified World Title championship belts to KO Cemenko and he gets the pin for his team. Fleming uses the other belt to lay out Carmichael on the outside. Both the heels play to the crowd as they head up the ramp in victory. *****, 94% overall.

Overall show rating: 91%
Old 02-08-2021, 01:51 PM   #2850
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Collapse of Society is a friggin great finisher name.
I came up with it after I decided his character should be some kind of anarchist that wasn't too high on American decadence. He was a heel then but it eventually evolved into just being disruptive. It's a shame I don't have a move to go with the name but in the year 2040 I imagine everything has been invented already as far as wrestling moves go.
Old 02-08-2021, 01:57 PM   #2851
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Ugh, I have A PLAN, Jenna! Geez. Now go hop into my executive washroom and think about how much stress you're giving me and how you're going to relieve it when I join you....
Old 02-08-2021, 02:40 PM   #2852
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Jenna and Faith as a regular team would make the world implode upon itself.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:41 PM   #2853
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Although it does bring up a point - you have such a loaded women's roster, you legit could pull off a women's tag division so they have more than one title to fight for. Or a women's equivalent to the IC title or something (maybe Queen of Queens crown is sorta like that)?
Old 02-08-2021, 03:35 PM   #2854
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Although it does bring up a point - you have such a loaded women's roster, you legit could pull off a women's tag division so they have more than one title to fight for. Or a women's equivalent to the IC title or something (maybe Queen of Queens crown is sorta like that)?
Perhaps but my issue with Faith and Jenna is that they're both already over as fuck as singles so I don't know why the game would think slapping them together to prepare them for a singles future is the way to go. I could see myself doing that for the rest of the women although that would fuck up Night of Champions something fierce. I'd have to look at doing something like that down the line. I do remember running an all-ladies PPV where it was a special tag team tournament for some one-off award. It was pretty boss.
Old 02-08-2021, 06:23 PM   #2855
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
I do remember running an all-ladies PPV where it was a special tag team tournament for some one-off award.
Three-way with the boss?
Old 02-08-2021, 06:57 PM   #2856
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Three-way with the boss?
Well AJ was one of the winners....
Old 02-08-2021, 07:22 PM   #2857
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Old 02-09-2021, 08:23 AM   #2858
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Still formulating ideas but I simmed an extra day to get to my next TV and WWE, having finished their purge, are now starting to hire workers again. And they hired the following three wrestlers on the same day:

Alberto El Patron (Del Rio, rehired)
TJP (rehired)
Marty Scurll

So that's a potential violent sex criminal, a misandrist, and a guy ROH fired because he was outed as being a sex pest toward underaged girls in the UK

RIP to WWE's PR department that day
Old 02-09-2021, 08:47 AM   #2859
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Still formulating ideas but I simmed an extra day to get to my next TV and WWE, having finished their purge, are now starting to hire workers again. And they hired the following three wrestlers on the same day:

Alberto El Patron (Del Rio, rehired)
TJP (rehired)
Marty Scurll

So that's a potential violent sex criminal, a misandrist, and a guy ROH fired because he was outed as being a sex pest toward underaged girls in the UK

RIP to WWE's PR department that day
Jesus Christ, five years away from the business might as well be 50.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:48 AM   #2860
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

It is nice to see the PR department move on from that whole "Is Hogan saying he's a racist mean he's a racist?" storyline.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:36 PM   #2861
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Tonight's results are sponsored by Thunder Rosa.

AEW Dark: March 2, 2021:
-Thunder Rosa def. Diamante
-Wardlow def. QT Marshall
-Dr. Britt Baker DMD def. Serena Deeb
-Scopio Sky def. Isiah Kassidy
-The Dark Order (Alex Reynolds, Colt Cabana, Evil Uno, John Silver, and Stu Grayson) def. Angelico, Jack Evans, Luther, Peter Avalon, and Serpentico

AEW Dynamite: March 3, 2021

Segment 1:

Not gonna lie, I can be a sucker for cold openings on a wrestling show, and that's what we get here as AEW World Champion Kenny Omega arrives at the building with his manager Don Callis, and he doesn't make it a few yards before "The Bastard" PAC pounces on him, still irate about being screwed out of the title on Sunday. Security has some early work to do to keep them apart. 89% overall

Segment 2:

"The Machine" Brian Cage is here and he's pissed off, ready for a fight and the man who has the unfortunate task of facing him tonight is "The Bad Boy" Joey Janela. Janela being a tough bastard in his own right hangs in there as best he can but for the most part Cage is prolonging the inevitable. Taz, sitting in on commentary for this match, is ranting about Sunday's street fight that went awry, and says Darby Allin's business with Team Taz is far from over. ***1/4, 76% overall

Segment 3:

"The American Nightmare" Cody Rhodes makes his way out to the ring. He confirms the rumors that had been making their way around online in the past few days, AEW is ready to get back on the road and it all starts on Saturday, March 27th at Blood and Guts, with the fans getting the titular match they missed out on a year ago. Now, Tony Khan will be deciding who will be in the landmark match over the next week, but he's already thrown his hat in the ring, his dad was in so many matches like Blood and Guts over the years and he wants to continue carrying on his legacy.

The music of Eddie Kingston hits, Eddie says it's bullshit that Cody's using his pull with the office to try to get into the match. He won on Sunday and citing his lengthy career in CZW and IWA Mid South, if anybody is suited for a Blood and Guts match, it's him. He gets in Cody's face, Cody shoves him back, and we've already got our second pull apart of the night with The Family and Natural Nightmares coming in as well, sounds like a future trios match to me! 90% overall

Segment 4:

New AEW Women's World Champion Awesome Kong teamed with Dr. Britt Baker to take on Big Swole and former champion Hikaru Shida. This was more or less a showcase match for all four, Kong having some fiery brawls with Shida while also mixing it up with Swole for the first time. Baker has history with both opponents throughout 2020 so that was played up on as well. Kong and Shida eventually brawl out of the arena, as the ref tends to that, Britt pulls out her doctor's notebook and smacks Swole with it, she goes down like a stack of bricks...what is that thing made out of? Britt swipes the pinfall victory. **3/4, 73% overall

Segment 5:

The Inner Circle are backstage in their dressing room, more infighting with even Jericho losing his patience especially after MJF's miscommunication at Revolution. MJF attempts to calm the mood and says the Young Buck problem will be tended to before long - Sammy Guevara and Jake Hager will get their turn tonight. Sammy gets in MJF's face and tells him to stay in the back this time. 95% overall

Segment 6:

It's "Freshly Squeezed" Orange Cassidy vs. Jack Evans. I feel for TH2 (Jack Evans and Angelico) because while they're talented, they're almost certainly not going to be winning any matches for me as they're clearly at the bottom of the pecking order and I'm relatively low on jobbers since much of the actual enhancement guys are in the developmental system. I like to imagine when I don't book them on Dark, they're grabbing wins against the developmental guys.

Be that as it may, the least I can do is give them the occasional showcase match and I do just that here, because hoooooly shit do these guys gel well. OC's still reeling from his match with Miro last weekend, allowing Evans to hang in there for a while before OC comes charging back and gets the win with the Stun Dog Millionaire. Camera cuts to Miro backstage, looking pissed that OC still has something in the tank. ****, 81% overall

Segment 7:

Sting and Darby Allin having a chat backstage for what amounts to an unofficial torch passing segment. 5 years ago, he never thought he'd get the chance to be in the ring again, the chance to get closure. He thanked Darby for allowing him to mentor him and fight Team Taz alongside him. Maybe he'll be lurking in the shadows again when he's needed, because the only thing that's for sure about Sting is that nothing's for sure. 84% overall

Segment 8:

Six man tag team action as SoCal Uncensored (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, and Scorpio Sky) face off against FTR and Shawn Spears. Tully Blanchard was mum as to why he brought Spears back into the fold this past Saturday, and why his former client is back under his tutelage. For now, the focus is just on some solid trios action. The 50 year old Daniels is, as you can expect, mostly being used to put over others at this point and on this night he takes a C4 for Spears as the Blanchard trio picks up an impressive win over the longtime SCU group. ***, 75% overall

Segment 9:

Matt Hardy flexing his agent skills once again got a match booked for "Hangman" Adam Page against a Dark Order member Coit Cabana. Hardy continues to try to sell Hangman on joining the Hardy brand and drive a wedge between him and his friendship with Dark Order. Page and Cabana have a spirited match, Page opting to fight clean again despite Matt yelling at him to do illegal stuff on the outside.

Colt throws some Dusty-style elbows, Page is groggy in the corner, Colt signals that he's gonna go for the Flying Asshole but Hardy grabs his feet. Colt stomps him off, turns around into a Buckshot Lariat. Hangman wins and Matt comes in to celebrate and kick Colt when he's down. Page once again is like WTF man, I don't want to fight dirty. ***1/2, 82% overall

Segment 10:

Jon Moxley cuts a promo from a shady back alley somewhere. Putting the Good Brothers through tables at Revolution was fun, but it's time to move onward and upward. Eddie Kingston wants to talk about the places he's been? Moxley has been there too...Blood and Guts is right up his alley, and he wants in. 90% overall

Segment 11:

The Young Bucks vs. Sammy Hager is the main event of the evening. Not sure what else to say about the Bucks at this point...they hit it out of the park in every match, I guess that tag experience rating really does make a difference. Anyway, Sammy works a similar fast paced, spotty style to the Bucks so I can see why that would work, whereas Hager is more of a brute strength change of pace.

Inner Circle are shown backstage, Jericho wants to get the troops out there at one point but MJF talks him out of it. Sammy Hager come pretty damn close to pulling an upset on multiple occasions. Ultimately though, Hager is sidestepped and sent tumbling out of the ring leaving Sammy to take a Meltzer Driver for the big Bucks win.

The celebration doesn't last long as the rest of the Inner Circle run out with MJF and an increasingly frustrated Jericho getting most of the shots in. Will the Young Bucks ever be able to shake off the Inner Circle? I kinda hope not, cause this feud is bringing the goods. ****1/4, 87% overall

84% show rating

---

Dean Malenko informs me afterwards that Brian Cage and Joey Janela work well together.

Hikaru Shida requests to work in a regular team with Big Swole. I have no real plans for a women's tag division, but Shida's legitimately in my top 5 wrestling crushes at the moment...decisions decisions.

Best Dynamite I've had so far.
Old 02-10-2021, 11:34 AM   #2862
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Tonight's results are sponsored by Thunder Rosa.

Mmmm...I could get behind that....

Quote:
AEW Dark: March 2, 2021:
-Thunder Rosa def. Diamante
-Wardlow def. QT Marshall
-Dr. Britt Baker DMD def. Serena Deeb
-Scopio Sky def. Isiah Kassidy
-The Dark Order (Alex Reynolds, Colt Cabana, Evil Uno, John Silver, and Stu Grayson) def. Angelico, Jack Evans, Luther, Peter Avalon, and Serpentico
Women as the opening match reeks of middle fingers to the establishmentness!

Quote:
AEW Dynamite: March 3, 2021

Segment 1:

Not gonna lie, I can be a sucker for cold openings on a wrestling show, and that's what we get here as AEW World Champion Kenny Omega arrives at the building with his manager Don Callis, and he doesn't make it a few yards before "The Bastard" PAC pounces on him, still irate about being screwed out of the title on Sunday. Security has some early work to do to keep them apart. 89% overall
Man, what a sore loser PAC is. That was totally a clean finish at Revolution.

Quote:
Segment 2:

"The Machine" Brian Cage is here and he's pissed off, ready for a fight and the man who has the unfortunate task of facing him tonight is "The Bad Boy" Joey Janela. Janela being a tough bastard in his own right hangs in there as best he can but for the most part Cage is prolonging the inevitable. Taz, sitting in on commentary for this match, is ranting about Sunday's street fight that went awry, and says Darby Allin's business with Team Taz is far from over. ***1/4, 76% overall
Pfft, Taz on commentary. What promotion would ever make a move like that. I imagine Cage has some pretty good stats.

Quote:
Segment 3:

"The American Nightmare" Cody Rhodes makes his way out to the ring. He confirms the rumors that had been making their way around online in the past few days, AEW is ready to get back on the road and it all starts on Saturday, March 27th at Blood and Guts, with the fans getting the titular match they missed out on a year ago. Now, Tony Khan will be deciding who will be in the landmark match over the next week, but he's already thrown his hat in the ring, his dad was in so many matches like Blood and Guts over the years and he wants to continue carrying on his legacy.

The music of Eddie Kingston hits, Eddie says it's bullshit that Cody's using his pull with the office to try to get into the match. He won on Sunday and citing his lengthy career in CZW and IWA Mid South, if anybody is suited for a Blood and Guts match, it's him. He gets in Cody's face, Cody shoves him back, and we've already got our second pull apart of the night with The Family and Natural Nightmares coming in as well, sounds like a future trios match to me! 90% overall
This is some good shit, sprinkled in with some classic "heel accuses face of receiving favoritism" whining. I'm not completely on board with bragging about CZW but use what you can I guess.

Quote:
Segment 4:

New AEW Women's World Champion Awesome Kong teamed with Dr. Britt Baker to take on Big Swole and former champion Hikaru Shida. This was more or less a showcase match for all four, Kong having some fiery brawls with Shida while also mixing it up with Swole for the first time. Baker has history with both opponents throughout 2020 so that was played up on as well. Kong and Shida eventually brawl out of the arena, as the ref tends to that, Britt pulls out her doctor's notebook and smacks Swole with it, she goes down like a stack of bricks...what is that thing made out of? Britt swipes the pinfall victory. **3/4, 73% overall
More importantly, where was Baker hiding that thing?

Quote:
Segment 5:

The Inner Circle are backstage in their dressing room, more infighting with even Jericho losing his patience especially after MJF's miscommunication at Revolution. MJF attempts to calm the mood and says the Young Buck problem will be tended to before long - Sammy Guevara and Jake Hager will get their turn tonight. Sammy gets in MJF's face and tells him to stay in the back this time. 95% overall
Sammy Guevara and Jake Hager = Sammy Hager

*facepalm* How did I not fucking get it all this time?

Quote:
Segment 6:

It's "Freshly Squeezed" Orange Cassidy vs. Jack Evans. I feel for TH2 (Jack Evans and Angelico) because while they're talented, they're almost certainly not going to be winning any matches for me as they're clearly at the bottom of the pecking order and I'm relatively low on jobbers since much of the actual enhancement guys are in the developmental system. I like to imagine when I don't book them on Dark, they're grabbing wins against the developmental guys.

Be that as it may, the least I can do is give them the occasional showcase match and I do just that here, because hoooooly shit do these guys gel well. OC's still reeling from his match with Miro last weekend, allowing Evans to hang in there for a while before OC comes charging back and gets the win with the Stun Dog Millionaire. Camera cuts to Miro backstage, looking pissed that OC still has something in the tank. ****, 81% overall
"Freshly Squeezed". You can try to get TH2 more over by feuding them with another low-ranking team until the point where it's believable that they'd be beating some mid-card teams if you're high on them.

Quote:
Segment 7:

Sting and Darby Allin having a chat backstage for what amounts to an unofficial torch passing segment. 5 years ago, he never thought he'd get the chance to be in the ring again, the chance to get closure. He thanked Darby for allowing him to mentor him and fight Team Taz alongside him. Maybe he'll be lurking in the shadows again when he's needed, because the only thing that's for sure about Sting is that nothing's for sure. 84% overall
Oh, come on, I'm sure he's got one more battle for WCW's honor left in him.

Quote:
Segment 8:

Six man tag team action as SoCal Uncensored (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, and Scorpio Sky) face off against FTR and Shawn Spears. Tully Blanchard was mum as to why he brought Spears back into the fold this past Saturday, and why his former client is back under his tutelage. For now, the focus is just on some solid trios action. The 50 year old Daniels is, as you can expect, mostly being used to put over others at this point and on this night he takes a C4 for Spears as the Blanchard trio picks up an impressive win over the longtime SCU group. ***, 75% overall
Yikes, a smack of reality as I realize Daniels is 50. Has there been another guy like him where he's received chance after chance but never hit the upper echelon despite what he can do?

Quote:
Segment 9:

Matt Hardy flexing his agent skills once again got a match booked for "Hangman" Adam Page against a Dark Order member Coit Cabana. Hardy continues to try to sell Hangman on joining the Hardy brand and drive a wedge between him and his friendship with Dark Order. Page and Cabana have a spirited match, Page opting to fight clean again despite Matt yelling at him to do illegal stuff on the outside.

Colt throws some Dusty-style elbows, Page is groggy in the corner, Colt signals that he's gonna go for the Flying Asshole but Hardy grabs his feet. Colt stomps him off, turns around into a Buckshot Lariat. Hangman wins and Matt comes in to celebrate and kick Colt when he's down. Page once again is like WTF man, I don't want to fight dirty. ***1/2, 82% overall
Quit being a pussy, Page! If that's what Matt wanted he'd have just stuck with his drugged out, rainbow-haired brother!

Quote:
Segment 10:

Jon Moxley cuts a promo from a shady back alley somewhere. Putting the Good Brothers through tables at Revolution was fun, but it's time to move onward and upward. Eddie Kingston wants to talk about the places he's been? Moxley has been there too...Blood and Guts is right up his alley, and he wants in. 90% overall
You can tell it was shady because you could spot David McLane in the back soliciting some corner girls.

Quote:
Segment 11:

The Young Bucks vs. Sammy Hager is the main event of the evening. Not sure what else to say about the Bucks at this point...they hit it out of the park in every match, I guess that tag experience rating really does make a difference. Anyway, Sammy works a similar fast paced, spotty style to the Bucks so I can see why that would work, whereas Hager is more of a brute strength change of pace.

Inner Circle are shown backstage, Jericho wants to get the troops out there at one point but MJF talks him out of it. Sammy Hager come pretty damn close to pulling an upset on multiple occasions. Ultimately though, Hager is sidestepped and sent tumbling out of the ring leaving Sammy to take a Meltzer Driver for the big Bucks win.

The celebration doesn't last long as the rest of the Inner Circle run out with MJF and an increasingly frustrated Jericho getting most of the shots in. Will the Young Bucks ever be able to shake off the Inner Circle? I kinda hope not, cause this feud is bringing the goods. ****1/4, 87% overall

84% show rating
Another strong finish to a show. You'd have a pretty good upper-midcard/main event scene if you ever decide to split some of these guys down the road.

---
Quote:
Dean Malenko informs me afterwards that Brian Cage and Joey Janela work well together.

Hikaru Shida requests to work in a regular team with Big Swole. I have no real plans for a women's tag division, but Shida's legitimately in my top 5 wrestling crushes at the moment...decisions decisions.

Best Dynamite I've had so far.
DEAN FUCKING MALENKO doesn't mess around! Now is Shida a wrestling crush because of her work or because she's got it going on in other departments?
Old 02-10-2021, 03:48 PM   #2863
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
I imagine Cage has some pretty good stats.
Yeah he's got upper 70s brawl and fairly decent tech especially for a big dude.

Quote:
This is some good shit, sprinkled in with some classic "heel accuses face of receiving favoritism" whining. I'm not completely on board with bragging about CZW but use what you can I guess.
One interesting thing AEW had to navigate early on is that the four guys who basically created the company (Cody, Omega, and the Bucks) are all EVPs. Cody did an angle really early on where he said he would challenge for the AEW World Title once and only once, and if he lost he would never challenge for it again. He lost, and has been out of the World title picture since. Down the line if he goes full-blown corrupt heel, who knows if he renegs.

Nobody really cares that Omega and the Bucks are champions right now because they haven't been overpushed, their spots on the card feel warranted as they're all really good, and they'll inevitably put the right guys over when it's time to pass the belts on.

Being proud of your time at CZW is a weird flex but Kingston (and Moxley too) have kinda embraced their deathmatch roots, like a sense of pride that they were tough bastards but able to rise above it.

Quote:
Oh, come on, I'm sure he's got one more battle for WCW's honor left in him.
Haha, it definitely won't be the last time I use him but I can't imagine a scenario where I book him in an actual match again. I wish he were a manager instead of a non-wrestler but I could always go the authority figure route down the line I suppose.

Quote:
Yikes, a smack of reality as I realize Daniels is 50. Has there been another guy like him where he's received chance after chance but never hit the upper echelon despite what he can do?
Yeah, Daniels fell into the dreaded "hell of a hand" label. A utility player who can get a great match out of anyone but never get pushed to the top guy. ROH gave him a thank you 3 month World title run in 2017 but that's about it. Cesaro's probably the closest guy to that in modern WWE.

Think Luke Harper/Brodie Lee was also in that group as well and his AEW run sure made it seem like he was gonna go to that top level, making his sudden illness and passing all the more sad.

Quote:
Another strong finish to a show. You'd have a pretty good upper-midcard/main event scene if you ever decide to split some of these guys down the road.
Yeah the Bucks are on fire with this series of matches against Inner Circle. Obviously I'm teasing a split coming and I have plenty of options. MJF is legit probably the best heel in the business and is only 24, he's decent in the ring too but his charisma is so off the charts it would barely matter. Sammy Guevara's only 27 and should have a bright singles future too.

Quote:
Now is Shida a wrestling crush because of her work or because she's got it going on in other departments?
A little from column A, a little from column B.

Old 02-11-2021, 09:19 AM   #2864
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Superstars: May 24, 2040

Opening Match: Conner Buchanan vs. Doug Michaels
Buchanan is another guy in whom I'm losing faith but if I drop him now I just know he's going to get picked up and be used to boost some other promotion. I'll have to suck it up I guess. Regardless he helps out tremendously here by putting on an excellent performance. Buchanan with the pinfall win after the Borderline. ****1/2, 92% overall.

Tania is out to join us to discuss her woes with Billie Padgett. She's proud to be able to say that she stands as her own woman. She had a partnership before and sadly that didn't turn out so well. Suddenly the music of Romeo Valiente hits and he swaggers his way out to confront Tania...or more accurately ogle Tania up and down. He suggests that maybe she just hasn't come across the right partnership yet. Being tied to someone like Romeo Valiente can do wonders for somebody as well put together as Tania. Tania rebukes him by pointing out how tremendous it was to watch Riott lay out Valiente at WrestleMania a few years back. Valiente is hot and angrily claims that Riott was an idiot and demands that Tania answer if she's an idiot. Things look pretty intense here but fortunately Ozzy Mandias runs in to pull Valiente away. Valiente cheap shots Ozzy with the mic and lays the boots to him. He issues some verbal threats as he takes his leave.

Backstage, Vivian Merrick and The Future Foundation want to let everyone know about the complete lack of fear they have for the Play Pals and Sonya Braddock. Vivian feels that she is overdue as far as being the Women's Champion goes. The Play Pals are also in that group of people who have had their day in the sun. They may be enjoying their little renaissance after being reunited but the Future Foundation has that name for a reason.

Second Match: Alexander Piero vs. Miles Shawcross
Piero continues to BUILD MOMENTUM and adds to his streak here. He scores the pin after hitting the Flashpoint. ****1/2, 92% overall.

Third Match: Naomi Bailey, Hannah McCormick, and Bobbi Jo vs. Lzzy Ryd, Phoebe Hanson, and Jamie Roderick
I love slapping the women together in some hot sweaty multiple-body action. The two participants in the Queen of Queens match are showcased here and McCormick shows her dastardly ways by using the tights on Ryd to score a cheap pinfall win. ****1/2, 92% overall

Backstage, Brooke is with one of her clients, Salvatore Scabbia. WrestleMania was a night that Scabbia will never forget. What should have been yet another milestone on his road to total dominance ended up being the catalyst for a new, more dangerous Salvatore Scabbia. Judgment Day is where it all comes back on track and Kyle Jacobs joins the pile where he belongs.

Back to the ring it's time for another edition of the Hot Button with its host, the WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody. This time he tells the press pool that it's not about him and that he wants all questions to be directed towards his special guest for tonight's edition, the Cruiserweight Champion himself, Jordan Demiras.

Demiras saunters out not looking amused in the slightest. Hotbody assures him that he's not looking to get physical and that tonight is all about being FAIR AND BALANCED! Hotbody even offers Demiras the podium and encourages him to field a question. Everyone is curious about what's on the mind of the champion! Hotbody goes to the press pool and offers one of them the mic so a question can be asked.

"Yes, Mr. Demiras. Is it true that you deliberately got yourself disqualified at Backlash to keep your title because Hotbody was just too much for you handle?"

Hotbody offers his own reply. "Oh, that's a really good question and that's absolutely true. Look at him! Look at him! He's not even denying it! Your silence speaks volumes, oh, great champion of ours! Let the record show that he doesn't deny it! Alright, next question...."

Hotbody picks another person as Demiras looks exasperated. "Yes, Mr. Demiras, how good do you feel about your chances this Sunday at Judgment Day?"

Hotbody again decides to answer. "Oh, he's nervous. Very nervous. The only thing stopping him from completely breaking down is that he knows he got saved by our biased boss, Lisa Benton by making things Falls Count Anywhere! It's a sham and he knows it! That actually leads to another question that somebody said they had. Yes, you!" Hotbody moves up to the front row to another 'reporter' as Demiras continues to look on with a miserable look on his face. He tries to say something but gets cut off by Hotbody who insists that this is the real question that needs answering.

"Yes, Mr. Demiras, is it true that you provided sexual services for Lisa Benton in exchange for her making your match Falls Count Anywhere because you needed saving?"

Hotbody tries to answer this one as well but Demiras is disgusted and has heard enough. He flips the podium over and makes a beeline for Hotbody. The press pool, however, blocks him which allows Hotbody to get some cheap shots in while Demiras is restrained. Hotbody grabs the Cruiserweight Title belt and taunts Demiras with it which allows the champion the change to break free and lunge at Hotbody. The press pool and security do their best to separate the two as we go to break!

Fourth Match: Nigel Gallagher vs. Tom Foley
Gotta get some awesome cruiserweight action in here. This is mainly a showcase for Nigel as I want to gradually start getting him more over. He gets the win here after nailing the Union Smack. ****1/2, 87% overall.

Backstage Cameron Harper is walking down the hallway until Hugo decides that he's found his next victim to demolish. Harper is left down and out as the carnage continues from Hugo.

Fifth Match: Faith Connors vs. Eclypse
Jenna Kyle is shown watching from backstage. This is a classic David/Goliath affair with Connors using all of her light-footed knowhow to gain the upper-hand on the dominating Eclypse. Connors escapes a Fade to Black and uses the opportunity to land a Mirror's Edge for the pin. *****, 95% overall.

MAIN EVENT: Jason Sorola and The Academy vs. Martyn LaSalle and The Dillingers
Fun, fun, fun all around. The faces are all cruiserweight underdogs so of course they trade-off playing face-in-peril. Brooke is once again the X-factor here as she distracts Ben Dillinger long enough for Randy Ellis to land Today's Lesson for the pin. ****1/2, 90% overall.

Overall show rating: 87%
Old 02-11-2021, 10:34 AM   #2865
OssMan
The Classic Dylan Staples

OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Nice M-A-G! Keep it up!
OssMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 01:19 PM   #2866
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
Hotbody again decides to answer. "Oh, he's nervous. Very nervous. The only thing stopping him from completely breaking down is that he knows he got saved by our biased boss, Lisa Benton by making things Falls Count Anywhere! It's a sham and he knows it! That actually leads to another question that somebody said they had. Yes, you!" Hotbody moves up to the front row to another 'reporter' as Demiras continues to look on with a miserable look on his face. He tries to say something but gets cut off by Hotbody who insists that this is the real question that needs answering.

"Yes, Mr. Demiras, is it true that you provided sexual services for Lisa Benton in exchange for her making your match Falls Count Anywhere because you needed saving?"
this is brilliant
Old 02-11-2021, 01:46 PM   #2867
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
this is brilliant
Notice how he didn't say 'no'....
Old 02-11-2021, 01:56 PM   #2868
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Boss at my last job was pretty damn hot and only like 2 years older than me. Married with kids and all that but, can't lie, the 'ol "sleep with the hot boss all the way to the top" fantasy entered my mind a couple dozen times.

In other words, good job Demiras
Old 02-11-2021, 02:20 PM   #2869
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

I imagine Benton more cute than hot but she's probably one of those types like Cristina Scabbia that ages like fine wine.

Needless to say this is all Hotbody just being as big of a douche as possible. I'm now envisioning him dressing up as Demiras and pulling a Bill Clinton "I did not have sexual relations..." schtick. Yeah, it's 2040 but the classics never go out of style.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:09 PM   #2870
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

SmackDown!: May 25, 2040

It's the go home show for Judgment Day. I usually tend to keep it easy as far as matches and building up heat for the PPV goes.

Opening Match: The Wyldhearts vs. The Young Bloods
I'm going to need to blow-off the feud the Wyldhearts have with the Agents of Change so that I can start getting them ready to be title contenders. Anyways, a strong opener here where the faces take advantage of Stephen Q. Sterling screwing up some interference that allows Blaine Bellamey to score a pin on Sully Lane.****1/2, 93% overall

We get a video package that showcases the four women that will be competing in the Queen of Queens match this Sunday. It's done individually and in chronological order when each of them won the Queen of the Ring tournament starting from Faith's underdog victory in the first during her rookie year, to Jenna's back-to-back victories in consecutive years, to Hannah's surprising wins over the previous winners on her path to the crown, and finally to Naomi's crushing and dominating force in the recent tournament. It all comes down to who is going to want it the most this Sunday.

Second Match: DJ Stokes vs. Miles Shawcross
OK, I know this is a case of me using someone who is supposed to be on the chopping block but the problem with continuing the game on 4.2 is that the contract situation for the workers is completely different. That being said I can't do my usual trick, at least not yet, of renegotiating a contract of a worker I want to fire so that I sign them to the max amount and then firing them so that no other promotion is capable of hiring them. So unfortunately some of these guys are going to have to stick around for a bit. They still have their uses though as Stokes does the job for Shawcross here. ****1/2, 91% overall.

Third Match: Zed Jones and WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody vs. Haven and WWE Cruiserweight Champion Jordan Demiras
Not so much a match as an outpouring of raw emotions here as Demiras is still pissed over Hotbody's disgusting comments from last night concerning Demiras and Lisa Benton. It's quite the brawl that ends when Demiras just loses his shit on Zed Jones and gets DQ'ed. The chaos continues as we go to break. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Jake Connelly gives us a promo to talk about his match with Brandon Reigns at Judgment Day. Reigns isn't here tonight but Connelly knows the reason why. It's not out of fear. Reigns is using this time to really reflect. Whether he wants to admit it or not, Reigns will be going up against the biggest name he's ever faced in his career. It's a career that Reigns is reviewing right now, either in his mind or watching it on a screen. A career like that can not, WILL NOT, be ended by someone who has no respect for it. Reign needs to prepare to have even more of Connelly's career to reflect upon when Connelly wins the Intercontinental Championship.

Fourth Match: C.J. and Arianna vs. Lauren Franklyn and Sarah Moore
You know, seeing this makes me think that there's credence to that whole 'women's tag division' idea. The faces get the win here after a pretty even bout that ends with Arianna and C.J. fucking up a double team. ****1/2, 91% overall

Fifth Match: The British Infection vs. The Millennium Rebels
Jesus, these guys all have chemistry. The heels get the win over the Brits when Jerome McDougal smacks Exley with a chair behind the ref's back. Nigel Gallagher comes down to help chase everyone off. *****, 94% overall.

Butch Fleming comes out to rag on Noah Carmichael. For a whole year, he's been thinking about what's going to go down on Sunday. He wants to be clear, however; it wouldn't have mattered who was champion when Fleming made his return at Backlash. They would have suffered his wrath no matter what. It just happened to be sweet cosmic justice that he returned to see the two people he hates the most duking it out over a prize neither of them deserve. This Sunday was meant to be and there isn't a damn thing Carmichael can do about it.

With that, Carmichael's music plays and he comes out looking he's going to try to do something about it but Fleming must be busy because he takes the back door and takes his leave.

Speaking of people who want to talk championships, Sonya Braddock is backstage eager to rip on Vivian Merrick. Merrick deserves praise for stepping up but she'd better make the most of this shot. Boasts can only take you so far.

Sixth Match: Kyle Jacobs vs. King Kavovit
God, I need to change that name and repackage him or something. Anyway, this is a showcase for Jacobs as he heads into Judgment Day against Salvatore Scabbia. King can't quite make the count back into the ring giving the win to Jacobs but Scabbia himself comes down to rain on the parade by attacking Jacobs and locking in the Omerta until he passes out. ****1/2, 93% overall.

MAIN EVENT: Kerry Cemenko, Martyn LaSalle, Ozzy Mandias, The Play Pals vs. Xavier Cross, Jason Sorola, Romeo Valiente, and the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions The Future Foundation
OVERBOOKED CROWDED MAIN EVENTS REEK OF AWESOMENESSITY! I love how spell check doesn't call me out on 'awesomenessity'...well, capitalized at least. The faces get the win here after a hot affair when Ozzy pins Valiente after the Blizzard of Oz. ****1/2, 92% overall.

Overall show rating: 90%

See you at Judgment Day!
Old 02-13-2021, 02:01 PM   #2871
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

JUDGMENT DAY, BABY!!!: May 27, 2040

Pre-Show Match: The Wyldhearts and The British Infection vs. The Agents of Change and The Millennium Rebels
I GIVE THE MIDDLE FINGER TO SURVIVOR SERIES!!! Anyways, I got two sets of dueling tag teams here, all of them extremely talented so they get the task of getting the crowd into the mood. Mission accomplished as the faces get the win with Robbie Greer scoring a pin over Clayton North. ****1/4, 89% overall.

Judgment Day Opening Match: WWE Women's Champion Sonya Braddock and The Play Pals vs. Vivian Merrick and WWE Unified Tag Team Champions The Future Foundation
The faces need to win here if the Play Pals are going to earn themselves a shot at the tag team titles. The men get most of the work done here as Vivian is cautious about Braddock. However it comes down to the two women and despite Vivian's craftiness, the Women's Champion is just too much as she lands a Left Hand of God to get the pin. ****1/2, 92% overall.

Second Match: Falls Count Anywhere, WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Jordan Demiras (c) vs. WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody
Hotbody wants to let everyone know that Zed Jones aggravated a nagging injury on SmackDown! and won't be able to join him here right now but he is getting looked at and will valiantly try to make his match against Haven. With that out of the way, Demiras uses the stipulations to his advantage to just absolutely ravage Hotbody for everything he's said and done for the last few weeks. Hotbody keeps running away but nothing seems to be able to save his ass as Demiras is fighting like a man possessed. They eventually make it to the backstage area near the garage. Hotbody crawls over to the rear of an ambulance and pleads his case one more time but Demiras moves in for the kill when suddenly the back door of the ambulance bursts opens smashing Demiras' face. WTF? IT'S ZED JONES! He was in the back of the ambulance! Demiras is down and Hotbody uses this opportunity to climb the ambulance and hit Demiras with the Hot Ticket! He gets the cover...AND THE PIN!!! We have a NEW Cruiserweight Champion! He immediately grabs the belt and runs all over the place triumphantly, even going back out to the ringside area and doing laps. He runs to the back and tracks down and finds Lisa Benton in her office and jumps on her desk, just completely rubbing it in her face and kicking stuff off in celebration. Security comes in to try to get him out but HE WILL NOT BE DENIED!!! He breaks free and just goes wild all throughout the arena. *****, 94% overall.

Third Match: Xavier Cross vs. Kerry Cemenko
A far cry from the cruiserweight action from before but these guys are still over enough to get an awesome match here. Cross takes advantage of Cemenko missing the Curb Stomp and hits the Cross Cutter for the win. *****, 97% overall.

Fourth Match: Zed Jones vs. Haven
Jones is obviously fine and is thus good to go here. Unfortunately, Lisa Benton doesn't take kindly to the deception orchestrated by him and Hotbody so she makes this match No DQ. Oh, and since Hotbody went crazy with his celebration spilling outside the arena, he's locked out. This is a brawl you'd expect from two hosses. Sure, I'm giving Jones some good exposure and making him threatening and what not but he's not in Haven's league. Haven gets the win after the Sting of Solace. ****1/2, 92% overall.

Fifth Match: Queen of Queens Fatal Four-Way: Naomi Bailey vs. Hannah McCormick vs. Faith Connors vs. Jenna Kyle
This is one fall to a finish. Hannah's tactic is to hit and run while Naomi just overpowers everyone. Jenna kind of defaults to the second face in this match as she and Faith look to come to some silent understanding that they have a better chance of succeeding if they team up. They get the upper hand to the point where the two of them can duke it out amongst themselves. The end comes when Naomi suckers McCormick into a false sense of security and hits her with the Bail Out to score the pin. Naomi gets the win and now gets to face Sonya Braddock at Night of Champions. ****1/2, 96% overall.

Sixth Match: Kyle Jacobs vs. Salvatore Scabbia
Winner gets an Intercontinental Title match at Night of Champions. This is the cap on the feud between the two that began before WrestleMania and both are eager to get back on track after losing the Intercontinental Title. Jacobs ultimately proves that he is not a fluke and manages to break Scabbia's Omerta and hits a surprise Legacy Bomb for the pin. ****1/2, 91% overall.

Seventh Match: WWE Intercontinental Title vs. Career
Brandon Reigns (c) vs. Jake Connelly
A match totally designed for Reigns' benefit. I don't do that WWE happy ending BS when it comes to legends hanging it up. They get their ass beat and humiliated in M-A-Gland. It's no different here as Reigns locks in the Iron Reign and gets THE CLEAN TAP OUT WIN to retain and send Connelly packing as far as in-ring competition goes. *****, 96% overall.

MAIN EVENT: WWE Unified World Title
Noah Carmichael (c) vs. Butch Fleming
Another difference from the real world, crybabies on Twitter don't get fed. That's proven here as after one hell of a brawl, Quentin McDaniels of all people comes out. It looks like he's trying to help...CARMICHAEL??? We'll never know as Fleming causes Carmichael to clash with the chair in McDaniels' hand allowing him to hit the Slaughterhouse Special for the pin and the title. He then proceeds to take the chair and just murders Carmichael's body with it in the name of GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP! Fleming takes his title as all of the SJWs go crazy on all of the message boards in utter disbelief that Fleming would be rewarded. Meanwhile, Noah Carmichael merchandise sales see a bump. *****, 97% overall.

Overall show rating: 95%
Old 02-13-2021, 02:02 PM   #2872
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
Second Match: DJ Stokes vs. Miles Shawcross
OK, I know this is a case of me using someone who is supposed to be on the chopping block but the problem with continuing the game on 4.2 is that the contract situation for the workers is completely different. That being said I can't do my usual trick, at least not yet, of renegotiating a contract of a worker I want to fire so that I sign them to the max amount and then firing them so that no other promotion is capable of hiring them. So unfortunately some of these guys are going to have to stick around for a bit. They still have their uses though as Stokes does the job for Shawcross here. ****1/2, 91% overall.
Yeah, 4.2 cleans up a lot of the exploits like that. Guys who are happy with the contract terms won't negotiate, and free agents don't always agree to the same rate they left their last employer for. Having said that, your roster is so loaded throwing another promotion a bone every now and then shouldn't hurt you too much.

Quote:
Not so much a match as an outpouring of raw emotions here as Demiras is still pissed over Hotbody's disgusting comments from last night concerning Demiras and Lisa Benton.
The fuck is wrong with you Demiras? I'd want everyone to know I was banging Cristina Scabbia.

Quote:
Fourth Match: C.J. and Arianna vs. Lauren Franklyn and Sarah Moore
You know, seeing this makes me think that there's credence to that whole 'women's tag division' idea. The faces get the win here after a pretty even bout that ends with Arianna and C.J. fucking up a double team. ****1/2, 91% overall
Yep, I'm normally against adding titles unless a division is deep enough to justify it but I think it's really doable here, that or an IC-level women's belt. So many options.

Quote:
MAIN EVENT: Kerry Cemenko, Martyn LaSalle, Ozzy Mandias, The Play Pals vs. Xavier Cross, Jason Sorola, Romeo Valiente, and the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions The Future Foundation
OVERBOOKED CROWDED MAIN EVENTS REEK OF AWESOMENESSITY! I love how spell check doesn't call me out on 'awesomenessity'...well, capitalized at least. The faces get the win here after a hot affair when Ozzy pins Valiente after the Blizzard of Oz. ****1/2, 92% overall.

Overall show rating: 90%
Ah that match would be such a fun trainwreck, I do love mixing feuds into tag matches and I'll probably be doing more of that down the line. Nice way to get everyone work without giving anything away for the PPV.
Old 02-13-2021, 02:10 PM   #2873
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
The fuck is wrong with you Demiras? I'd want everyone to know I was banging Cristina Scabbia.

I mean, I'm convinced....
Old 02-13-2021, 04:12 PM   #2874
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Tonight's results are sponsored by Dr. Britt Baker

AEW Dark: March 9, 2021:
-"The Concrete Rose" Sonny Kiss def. Peter Avalon
-Ivelisse and Diamante def. Thunder Rosa and Shanna
-Wardlow def. Billy
-Santana and Ortiz def. Alex Reynolds and John Silver
-Rey Fenix def. Matt Sydal

AEW Dynamite: March 10, 2021

Segment 1:

Starting off with a bang as Darby Allin defends his AEW TNT title against "The Spanish God" Sammy Guevara of the Inner Circle. These two had a match way back at Revolution 2020 and it was a fast paced encounter that did not disappoint, and that was no different here as Darby grabs the win after a Coffin Drop. Afterwards, Brian Cage of Team Taz levels Darby with his FTW Championship, Taz meant it when he said his beef with Darby is not yet over. ***1/4, 81% overall

Segment 2:

Speaking of starting a show with a bang, here comes a special appearance by friend of the promotion Diamond Dallas Page! He promotes the latest upgrades of the DDP Yoga plan before the music of Eddie Kingston hits. Eddie runs down Page and uses it as a knock against Cody that he's giving valuable airtime his has-been legend friends. Before Page knows it, The Butcher, The Blade, and Allie are in the ring and The Family put the boots to poor Page. The Nightmare Family of Cody, Dustin, and QT Marshall run out for the save to build to the match later. 77% overall...as an aside, remembering that DDP is 3 years older than Sting will never not shock me

Segment 3:

Miro destroys Michael Nakazawa with reckless abandon in just a few moves. He leaves the Game Over locked in for long after the bell just to be an asshole. He points up to Orange Cassidy who is watching the match hanging out amongst the fans (YAY the mythical post-COVID era!) Orange gives him the thumbs up, not looking phased by Miro at all. **3/4, 68% overall...easily the worst segment of this feud so far, the plight of using one of the least over workers on the roster in his proper spot as an enhancement worker

Segment 4:

"Hangman" Adam Page is at his favorite place, the arena bar, when The Hardy Party walk in. Matt tells Hangman that he knows he doesn't always approve of his methods, but he can't argue with the results. He hands Hangman another contract to consider signing the Matt Hardy Brand. He tells Hangman for just a meager 33.3% of his career earnings, he can take him to the highest levels of the sport. It's a no brainer! But just to show he means business, he's got them a match against another of Page's former friends, the AEW Tag Team champion Young Bucks, next week! 79% overall

Segment 5:

Another 2020 rivalry renewed as Dr. Britt Baker faces off against Hikaru Shida, who broke Britt's nose last year. I actually thought these two had some decent matches in real life but these ratings were nowhere near as kind to them, c'est la vie. Shida hits the Three Count for, well, the three count. Awesome Kong marches down to the ring afterward but hops off the apron as a fired up Shida swings her singapore cane at her. **1/2, 70% overall....actually, as Scott Keith says, that's still Perfectly Acceptable Wrestling

Segment 6:

Another member of Inner Circle is in action tonight as Wardlow who has rung up a lot of wins on Dark faces off against Jon Moxley. During the match, it is confirmed that The Purveyor of Violence was granted his wish to be a part of the Blood and Guts match. This was a pretty decent brawl that gave Wardlow a good showing while also letting Mox keep his age. Mox gets the win with the Paradigm Shift. **3/4, 74% overall

Segment 7:

We cut backstage where there's a fracas going on. PAC finds himself the victim of a three on one beatdown by Shawn Spears and FTR. Those three had been feuding with Jurassic Express, what beef does PAC have with them? In the background, we see Don Callis handing an envelope to Tully Blanchard, guess we know who ordered this beatdown. 69% overall

Segment 8:

Six man tag team action, Family vs. Nightmare Family. Fairly standard six man tag affair here, again with some decent enough brawling going on since guys like Eddie Kingston and Dustin Rhodes are never afraid to throw hands. Butcher and the Blade hit the Full Death on Cody but it is narrowly broken up by Dustin before the inevitable pier six brawl breaks out. Natural Nightmares take out The Butcher at ringside, Cody recovers in the ring and gets The Blade in position for the Cross Rhodes, staring down Eddie Kingston on the rampway. Cody picks up the win for the face team. **3/4, 69% overall

Segment 9:

Interview backstage with the Young Bucks. As Scott Keith's write up says, nothing fancy, just a solid interview. They talk about Jericho and MJF taking the night off while leaving their Inner Circle mates to fight their battles, and say they're always welcome to another shot at their belts after they get past Hangman and Hardy next week. 81% overall

Segment 10:

In our main event of the evening, World champion Kenny Omega faces off against Jungle Boy. Don Callis joins commentary and says he's been given assurance that Jurassic Express are banned at ringside for this one, but also ignored having anything to do with the Spears/FTR beatdown despite visual evidence to the contrary.

Much as Wardlow/Mox was meant to get Wardlow over by letting him hang with a big name, that was true in this main event as well. These two definitely gelled and I could easily buy Jungle Boy getting a few convincing near-falls. FTR make their way out for the distraction, Spears chair shot in the ring, One Winged Angel, Kenny wins another match in classic heel fashion. ***1/4, 79% overall

Segment 11:

Callis and Blanchard shake hands again on the ramp before Blanchard's group leaves and Callis hands a mic to the champ. Kenny cuts an obnoxious promo, reminding everyone that he's the best wrestler in the world.

His promo is soon interrupted by PAC appearing on the video monitor, still selling his beatdown from earlier. If you'd rather fight in a group, so be it...I spoke to Tony Khan and he told me that you and I will both be in Blood and Guts! Kenny is not happy about this at all and yells at Callis to do something as we go off the air. 89% overall

77% show rating

Pretty happy with it considering a few of the segments fell flat and didn't click. Finding that Inner Circle is the only stable I can get away with doing Stable angles for is Inner Circle since Jericho and MJF are hella over and actually 5 of the 7 are at 80 overness or above. All other stable angles are usually one big name and then a lot of far less over workers. But dammit, I love stables and have so many of them!

---

Dean Malenko informs me afterwards that Moxley and Wardlow didn't really click in their match.

Then Moxley tells me he didn't really click with Wardlow. I GET IT, GOD!!!!!!

Eddie Kingston wants to be higher up the card, he's quietly moved all the way up to 84 overness having gained overness in most of his promo as well as his various brawls with Cody. Well shit, that does sound like Upper Midcard territory to me.
Old 02-13-2021, 11:07 PM   #2875
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Tonight's results are sponsored by Dr. Britt Baker

I know what you're trying to do and it won't work!!!

Possibly....

Quote:
AEW Dark: March 9, 2021:
-"The Concrete Rose" Sonny Kiss def. Peter Avalon
-Ivelisse and Diamante def. Thunder Rosa and Shanna
-Wardlow def. Billy
-Santana and Ortiz def. Alex Reynolds and John Silver
-Rey Fenix def. Matt Sydal
'Concrete' is a word that doesn't seem to get used enough in wrestling. I used it for Kerry Cemenko because why not? Also please tell me John Silver has a parrot mascot.

Quote:
AEW Dynamite: March 10, 2021

Segment 1:

Starting off with a bang as Darby Allin defends his AEW TNT title against "The Spanish God" Sammy Guevara of the Inner Circle. These two had a match way back at Revolution 2020 and it was a fast paced encounter that did not disappoint, and that was no different here as Darby grabs the win after a Coffin Drop. Afterwards, Brian Cage of Team Taz levels Darby with his FTW Championship, Taz meant it when he said his beef with Darby is not yet over. ***1/4, 81% overall
They don't just give out those FTW Championships, you know.
Quote:
Segment 2:

Speaking of starting a show with a bang, here comes a special appearance by friend of the promotion Diamond Dallas Page! He promotes the latest upgrades of the DDP Yoga plan before the music of Eddie Kingston hits. Eddie runs down Page and uses it as a knock against Cody that he's giving valuable airtime his has-been legend friends. Before Page knows it, The Butcher, The Blade, and Allie are in the ring and The Family put the boots to poor Page. The Nightmare Family of Cody, Dustin, and QT Marshall run out for the save to build to the match later. 77% overall...as an aside, remembering that DDP is 3 years older than Sting will never not shock me
Yeah, DDP was a bit of a late bloomer. Again, beat downs on legends is gold.

Quote:
Segment 3:

Miro destroys Michael Nakazawa with reckless abandon in just a few moves. He leaves the Game Over locked in for long after the bell just to be an asshole. He points up to Orange Cassidy who is watching the match hanging out amongst the fans (YAY the mythical post-COVID era!) Orange gives him the thumbs up, not looking phased by Miro at all. **3/4, 68% overall...easily the worst segment of this feud so far, the plight of using one of the least over workers on the roster in his proper spot as an enhancement worker
Not everyone can be a Bo Dallas. You sometimes have to settle for a JTG.

Quote:
Segment 4:

"Hangman" Adam Page is at his favorite place, the arena bar, when The Hardy Party walk in. Matt tells Hangman that he knows he doesn't always approve of his methods, but he can't argue with the results. He hands Hangman another contract to consider signing the Matt Hardy Brand. He tells Hangman for just a meager 33.3% of his career earnings, he can take him to the highest levels of the sport. It's a no brainer! But just to show he means business, he's got them a match against another of Page's former friends, the AEW Tag Team champion Young Bucks, next week! 79% overall
Now if Hardy had been asking for 33.5% that would have been a bridge too far.

Quote:

Segment 5:

Another 2020 rivalry renewed as Dr. Britt Baker faces off against Hikaru Shida, who broke Britt's nose last year. I actually thought these two had some decent matches in real life but these ratings were nowhere near as kind to them, c'est la vie. Shida hits the Three Count for, well, the three count. Awesome Kong marches down to the ring afterward but hops off the apron as a fired up Shida swings her singapore cane at her. **1/2, 70% overall....actually, as Scott Keith says, that's still Perfectly Acceptable Wrestling
I love how both of us have universes where the women are constantly cranking out the goods.

Quote:

Segment 6:

Another member of Inner Circle is in action tonight as Wardlow who has rung up a lot of wins on Dark faces off against Jon Moxley. During the match, it is confirmed that The Purveyor of Violence was granted his wish to be a part of the Blood and Guts match. This was a pretty decent brawl that gave Wardlow a good showing while also letting Mox keep his age. Mox gets the win with the Paradigm Shift. **3/4, 74% overall
I want to steal that Purveyor of Violence title.

Quote:
Segment 7:

We cut backstage where there's a fracas going on. PAC finds himself the victim of a three on one beatdown by Shawn Spears and FTR. Those three had been feuding with Jurassic Express, what beef does PAC have with them? In the background, we see Don Callis handing an envelope to Tully Blanchard, guess we know who ordered this beatdown. 69% overall

That was really nice of Callis to finally getting around to giving Blanchard his Valentine's card.

Quote:
Segment 8:

Six man tag team action, Family vs. Nightmare Family. Fairly standard six man tag affair here, again with some decent enough brawling going on since guys like Eddie Kingston and Dustin Rhodes are never afraid to throw hands. Butcher and the Blade hit the Full Death on Cody but it is narrowly broken up by Dustin before the inevitable pier six brawl breaks out. Natural Nightmares take out The Butcher at ringside, Cody recovers in the ring and gets The Blade in position for the Cross Rhodes, staring down Eddie Kingston on the rampway. Cody picks up the win for the face team. **3/4, 69% overall
I'd have figured something like this would have gotten a higher rating.

Quote:
Segment 9:

Interview backstage with the Young Bucks. As Scott Keith's write up says, nothing fancy, just a solid interview. They talk about Jericho and MJF taking the night off while leaving their Inner Circle mates to fight their battles, and say they're always welcome to another shot at their belts after they get past Hangman and Hardy next week. 81% overall
*GASP* They said 'belts'!!! WITCHCRAFT!!!

Quote:
Segment 10:

In our main event of the evening, World champion Kenny Omega faces off against Jungle Boy. Don Callis joins commentary and says he's been given assurance that Jurassic Express are banned at ringside for this one, but also ignored having anything to do with the Spears/FTR beatdown despite visual evidence to the contrary.

Much as Wardlow/Mox was meant to get Wardlow over by letting him hang with a big name, that was true in this main event as well. These two definitely gelled and I could easily buy Jungle Boy getting a few convincing near-falls. FTR make their way out for the distraction, Spears chair shot in the ring, One Winged Angel, Kenny wins another match in classic heel fashion. ***1/4, 79% overall
More win in the main event segment. And just because Callis was there doesn't mean he had anything to do with it.

Quote:
Segment 11:

Callis and Blanchard shake hands again on the ramp before Blanchard's group leaves and Callis hands a mic to the champ. Kenny cuts an obnoxious promo, reminding everyone that he's the best wrestler in the world.

His promo is soon interrupted by PAC appearing on the video monitor, still selling his beatdown from earlier. If you'd rather fight in a group, so be it...I spoke to Tony Khan and he told me that you and I will both be in Blood and Guts! Kenny is not happy about this at all and yells at Callis to do something as we go off the air. 89% overall

77% show rating
I'm sure Callis will get around to handing out some more Valentine's.

Quote:
Dean Malenko informs me afterwards that Moxley and Wardlow didn't really click in their match.

Then Moxley tells me he didn't really click with Wardlow. I GET IT, GOD!!!!!!
But did you remember the cover sheets on your TPS reports?!?

Quote:
Eddie Kingston wants to be higher up the card, he's quietly moved all the way up to 84 overness having gained overness in most of his promo as well as his various brawls with Cody. Well shit, that does sound like Upper Midcard territory to me.
Ah, the dreaded 'move me up the card' emails. You can get away with ignoring them if they stay at one level below where they're supposed to be but if they have, like, 96 over and you still have them at midcarder they'll get really agitated.
Old 02-14-2021, 03:23 AM   #2876
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Might as well do an update on the championships considering what went down at Judgment Day. Only two new champions but everyone else seems to have a direction for Night of Champions.

WWE Unified World Champion: Butch Fleming (4th reign), def. Noah Carmichael at Judgment Day. Possible rematch for Night of Champions?

WWE Intercontinental Champion: Brandon Reigns (4th reign), retained against Jake Connelly at Judgment Day. Next defense versus Kyle Jacobs at Night of Champions.

WWE Unified Tag Team Champions: The Future Foundation (2nd reign). Next defense against the Play Pals, probably on the next Raw.

WWE Women's Champion: Sonya Braddock (5th reign), next defense versus Naomi Bailey at Night of Champions

WWE Cruiserweight Champion: Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody (first reign), def. Jordan Demiras at Judgment Day. Next defense? Whenever he fucking feels like it!!!
Old 02-14-2021, 10:00 AM   #2877
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Oops, I didn't see Judgment Day there as I worked on my Dynamite

Quote:
JUDGMENT DAY, BABY!!!: May 27, 2040

Pre-Show Match: The Wyldhearts and The British Infection vs. The Agents of Change and The Millennium Rebels
I GIVE THE MIDDLE FINGER TO SURVIVOR SERIES!!! Anyways, I got two sets of dueling tag teams here, all of them extremely talented so they get the task of getting the crowd into the mood. Mission accomplished as the faces get the win with Robbie Greer scoring a pin over Clayton North. ****1/4, 89% overall.
With your roster the way it is I imagine trying to find guys to warm up the crowd shouldn't be too hard, just walk down the hallway and point to the first few wrestlers you see.

Come to think, a Lethal Lottery tag tourney with legit pulling names out of a hat or using a randomizer is something I've thought of doing eventually.

Quote:
Judgment Day Opening Match: WWE Women's Champion Sonya Braddock and The Play Pals vs. Vivian Merrick and WWE Unified Tag Team Champions The Future Foundation
The faces need to win here if the Play Pals are going to earn themselves a shot at the tag team titles. The men get most of the work done here as Vivian is cautious about Braddock. However it comes down to the two women and despite Vivian's craftiness, the Women's Champion is just too much as she lands a Left Hand of God to get the pin. ****1/2, 92% overall.
Juice Robinson of NJPW has a move called the Left Hand of God too, it's a great finisher name. I imagine Braddock's looks more deadly.

Quote:
Second Match: Falls Count Anywhere, WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Jordan Demiras (c) vs. WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody
Hotbody wants to let everyone know that Zed Jones aggravated a nagging injury on SmackDown! and won't be able to join him here right now but he is getting looked at and will valiantly try to make his match against Haven. With that out of the way, Demiras uses the stipulations to his advantage to just absolutely ravage Hotbody for everything he's said and done for the last few weeks. Hotbody keeps running away but nothing seems to be able to save his ass as Demiras is fighting like a man possessed. They eventually make it to the backstage area near the garage. Hotbody crawls over to the rear of an ambulance and pleads his case one more time but Demiras moves in for the kill when suddenly the back door of the ambulance bursts opens smashing Demiras' face. WTF? IT'S ZED JONES! He was in the back of the ambulance! Demiras is down and Hotbody uses this opportunity to climb the ambulance and hit Demiras with the Hot Ticket! He gets the cover...AND THE PIN!!! We have a NEW Cruiserweight Champion! He immediately grabs the belt and runs all over the place triumphantly, even going back out to the ringside area and doing laps. He runs to the back and tracks down and finds Lisa Benton in her office and jumps on her desk, just completely rubbing it in her face and kicking stuff off in celebration. Security comes in to try to get him out but HE WILL NOT BE DENIED!!! He breaks free and just goes wild all throughout the arena. *****, 94% overall.
Bah gawd Zed Jones pulled a Buff Bagwell with the fake injury and popping out of the ambulance! Hotbody is a wonderful prick. And I saw he'll now be called the "Former Cruiserweight Champion-elect" I hope his moniker just keeps getting longer and longer.

Quote:
Third Match: Xavier Cross vs. Kerry Cemenko
A far cry from the cruiserweight action from before but these guys are still over enough to get an awesome match here. Cross takes advantage of Cemenko missing the Curb Stomp and hits the Cross Cutter for the win. *****, 97% overall.
"A far cry from the cruiserweight action before".......5 star 97% overall

Quote:
Fourth Match: Zed Jones vs. Haven
Jones is obviously fine and is thus good to go here. Unfortunately, Lisa Benton doesn't take kindly to the deception orchestrated by him and Hotbody so she makes this match No DQ. Oh, and since Hotbody went crazy with his celebration spilling outside the arena, he's locked out. This is a brawl you'd expect from two hosses. Sure, I'm giving Jones some good exposure and making him threatening and what not but he's not in Haven's league. Haven gets the win after the Sting of Solace. ****1/2, 92% overall.
Serves Zed right for making me remember Buff Bagwell exists.

Quote:
Fifth Match: Queen of Queens Fatal Four-Way: Naomi Bailey vs. Hannah McCormick vs. Faith Connors vs. Jenna Kyle
This is one fall to a finish. Hannah's tactic is to hit and run while Naomi just overpowers everyone. Jenna kind of defaults to the second face in this match as she and Faith look to come to some silent understanding that they have a better chance of succeeding if they team up. They get the upper hand to the point where the two of them can duke it out amongst themselves. The end comes when Naomi suckers McCormick into a false sense of security and hits her with the Bail Out to score the pin. Naomi gets the win and now gets to face Sonya Braddock at Night of Champions. ****1/2, 96% overall.
Naomi getting the win is a twist I wasn't expecting. Love the heel trying to buddy up with the other heel only to inevitably turn on them when it is most convenient to do so. Stupendous match as expected.

Quote:
Sixth Match: Kyle Jacobs vs. Salvatore Scabbia
Winner gets an Intercontinental Title match at Night of Champions. This is the cap on the feud between the two that began before WrestleMania and both are eager to get back on track after losing the Intercontinental Title. Jacobs ultimately proves that he is not a fluke and manages to break Scabbia's Omerta and hits a surprise Legacy Bomb for the pin. ****1/2, 91% overall.
Nice capper on the feud, I love the flurry of breaking out of a finisher at the end just to hit one yourself. Great drama.

Quote:
Seventh Match: WWE Intercontinental Title vs. Career
Brandon Reigns (c) vs. Jake Connelly
A match totally designed for Reigns' benefit. I don't do that WWE happy ending BS when it comes to legends hanging it up. They get their ass beat and humiliated in M-A-Gland. It's no different here as Reigns locks in the Iron Reign and gets THE CLEAN TAP OUT WIN to retain and send Connelly packing as far as in-ring competition goes. *****, 96% overall.
I mean that's the way it should be. It's fine to give the legend a nice showing (and holy fuck, 5 stars 96% overall is a hell of a way to go out) but you're always supposed to go out on your back.

Quote:
MAIN EVENT: WWE Unified World Title
Noah Carmichael (c) vs. Butch Fleming
Another difference from the real world, crybabies on Twitter don't get fed. That's proven here as after one hell of a brawl, Quentin McDaniels of all people comes out. It looks like he's trying to help...CARMICHAEL??? We'll never know as Fleming causes Carmichael to clash with the chair in McDaniels' hand allowing him to hit the Slaughterhouse Special for the pin and the title. He then proceeds to take the chair and just murders Carmichael's body with it in the name of GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP! Fleming takes his title as all of the SJWs go crazy on all of the message boards in utter disbelief that Fleming would be rewarded. Meanwhile, Noah Carmichael merchandise sales see a bump. *****, 97% overall.

Overall show rating: 95%
That's the way it had to go down, sitting out for a year was punishment enough, you can't bring him back just to have him lose. There's clear ratings with these two and I generally think the heel being chased makes for a more engaging story to tell.

95%, holy hell. That puts *insert your favorite real life PPV here* to shame.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:57 PM   #2878
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

I should look into that Juice Robinson. I mean, that's just an awesome name.

Zed wasn't faking anything. I mean, he was being checked out, he heard a commotion outside of the ambulance and popped out to see what the hubbub was. It's too bad Demiras is such a klutz. I really should try to make Hotbody's name as annoyingly, stupidly long as possible, though.
Old 02-14-2021, 07:00 PM   #2879
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Yeah, Naomi got the duke here because she only had one match with Braddock and I wanted to extend that feud because I have other things in store for Connors and Jenna. Namely, a blow-off match that may or may not finally cause a certain someone to return to the side of good and may possibly lead to a team up???
Old 02-17-2021, 12:11 AM   #2880
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Tonight's results are sponsored by Riho

AEW Dark: March 16, 2021:
-Big Swole def. Emi Sakura
-Team Taz (Ricky Starks and Powerhouse Hobbs) def. Bad Romance (Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss)
-Matt Sydal def. Brian Pillman Jr.
-Luchasaurus def. Jake Hager
-Colt Cabana def. Christopher Daniels

AEW Dynamite: March 17, 2021

Segment 1:

Over the weekend, it was announced that Rey Fenix, who is a member of Death Triangle with PAC and teamed with Jon Moxley in a Tables match at Revolution was selected to be a part of their team at War Games Blood and Guts. Tonight they faced off against Santana and Ortiz of the Inner Circle. These two teams really tore the house down to open the show.

Many probably expected this to be a showcase match for the face team, but experience ended up winning out as Mox found himself thrown out of the ring leaving Fenix prey for the Street Sweeper as Santana and Ortiz score one of their biggest wins in AEW! ****1/4, 88% overall

Segment 2:

After the match, an unlikely trio made down to the ring: Kenny Omega, Eddie Kingston, and Brian Cage. These three are all from different corners of AEW - Kenny is the World Champion with Impact talents (Don Callis and The Good Brothers) watching his back, Kingston leads The Family, and Brian Cage is the heavy hitter of Team Taz. But they're all putting their differences aside temporarily as they've been drafted into battle on the same team at Blood and Guts.

Santana and Ortiz are from yet another faction in The Inner Circle, but seeing how they just put down two guys from the face team, they want Santana and Ortiz to get the final two spots on the heel Blood and Guts team. Santana and Ortiz look at each other, smirk, then pull out a madball and start beating down their opponents with it! I suppose that's a painful way of saying yes. 85% overall

Segment 3:

A continuation of the Jurassic Express vs. FTR/Spears angle with Spears making his singles in-ring return against the diminutive Marko Stunt. Unfortunately, I feared these dudes would be sent out to die after that opener and that's exactly what happened, tough to balance out a card in EWR. Anyway, crowd was still fired up from the opener but with FTR and Jurassic Express getting in each others' business on the outside, Spears puts Marko down with the C4 (a running Death Valley Driver, which I imagine Marko would be able to sell like death). **1/2, 63% overall

Segment 4:

Chris Jericho and MJF are backstage. With tensions rising in the Inner Circle, MJF feels like Santana and Ortiz might be upstaging the group by going into the Blood and Guts match. So if they're gonna go big, so should they - he wants the Young Bucks again at Blood and Guts. Jericho, not wanting to be upstaged himself, takes it a step further - if the Inner Circle can't bring home the belts, they'll go their separate ways. GASP! 91% overall

Segment 5:

AEW Women's World Champion Awesome Kong is in action tonight, and another big size differential in this one going up against inaugural Women's champion Riho. I've seen Riho work really good size mismatches against Nyla Rose so I imagine this would be good in real life too, and it was a real solid match in game. Alas, Riho threw everything in her 5'1" frame at Kong but it was not enough as an Awesome Bomb folds her up like a lawn chair for the win.

Kong grabs a pair of scissors and seems content to humiliate Riho and take a memento...but CRACK! Shida's singapore cane connects and Kong goes down! Shida aids her friend and this business with Kong is still not over. **3/4, 73% overall

Segment 6:

Cody Rhodes backstage with Darby Allin. Darby and Cody had numerous wars with one another throughout AEW's 2 year history, and Darby's also fought and teamed with Moxley on many occasions. Darby is a guy Cody wants to go to war with, and now that Brian Cage is on the other team, that's all Darby needed to accept the gig. Darby Allin is in for Blood and Guts, and the two cut a promo on their current rivals (Kingston and Page). 80% overall...Cody has very high charisma but Darby's 72 charisma wore it down, ah well, I was running out of segments

Segment 7:

We have a rematch from Revolution with Orange Cassidy and Miro resuming their unfinished business. I imagine the match was certainly not PPV length, but the intensity was still there and they got through what they needed to and had a nearly identical rated match. Orange got fired up, looked like he'd rally and grab the win only for "Superbad" Kip Sabian to come out of nowhere and hold Orange's foot at ringside. The distraction was all that was needed to give Miro time to sneak up for a Sambo suplex and the win. ***, 82% overall

Segment 8:

The Young Bucks due battle against Matt Hardy and his reluctant partner, Hangman Adam Page. Between their overness and talent it seems damn near impossible for the Bucks to not have a 4 star match at this point...and it was no different here. Lot of high octane work with Page and the Bucks. Matt Hardy trying to cheat wherever possible.

Ref bump leads to Matt Hardy going out and getting a chair, but Page won't let Matt use it. They have a tug of war over the chair, which Hardy wins only to turn into a Superkick Party into the chair. The ref comes to and Matt Hardy is pinned. The Bucks win, Page just shakes his head.

Bucks can't celebrate for long as here comes Jericho and MJF to jump them as the two teams brawl out of the arena. ****1/4, 90% overall

Segment 9:

As Matt Hardy recovers from having a chair Superkicked into his face, he tries to regain his composure and address Page. He knows Hangman is trying to do the honorable thing, but getting on your high horse only gets you so far in this business. That is why he needs the guidance that the Matt Hardy brand can provide. He pulls out the contract again from last week and implores Hangman to sign.

Hangman looks conflicted, looks back and forth to the audience chanting "NO!" before ripping the contract up! Matt is beside himself! Private Party sneak into the ring and blindside Page. They hit him with the Gin and Juice! The Hardy Party have left Hangman laying. 90% overall

Segment 10:

The scheduled tag match main event pitting PAC and Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage and Ricky Starks of Team Taz took on even more meaning now that Darby is officially in for Blood and Guts. This was a step down from the last match, but thankfully not enough to be punished with the fans being burned out or anything.

Given that Starks is the only one of the four not in the Blood and Guts main event, I think we know who is eating the pin. Darby and Cage are off fighting at ringside while PAC pins Starks after the Black Arrow. ***, 77% overall

Segment 11:

Has it been made clear yet that I love a good belt shot? Such an easy way to add heat to an angle. Anyway that's what happens here with Kenny cutting PAC's celebration short, blasting him with the World Title.

Officially, that's all that was booked for this segment in EWR. But in imagination land, Darby and Cage spill back into the ring and eventually Mox/Fenix/Cody/Kingston/Santana/Ortiz all come out in various groups and we have both teams duking it out to put over the mayhem of Blood and Guts. 85% overall

82% show rating

Hell yeah.