TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Old 02-02-2021, 03:06 PM   #2801
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
SmackDown!: May 11, 2040

Going to try doing this without copying and pasting the match reports.

Opening Match: Alexander Piero vs. Jerome McDougal
Another match designed to put some experience and wins under the belt of Piero. He gets the pinfall victory after hitting the Flashpoint. ****1/2, 87% overall.

Fantasee is backstage with Frankie. They're looking forward to seeing Carmella Costello get slapped around tonight.

Brandon Reigns comes out to talk about how there's a massive buzz about what's going to go down in the main event at Judgment Day. Will Carmichael pull it off one more time? Will Butch Fleming make the most of his return and reclaim the Unified World Title? Those seem to be the questions people are asking. Wouldn't it be something, though, if a certain someone, with a certain contract, were to head down to the ring on that night and just ruin everyone's fun? There's a new 'wild card' that people need to be watching out for because everything that's happened so far, especially to what happened to Jake Connelly is only the beginning. He's willing to prove it, too, and offers another open challenge for the main event tonight? So who wants to give it a go?

After a brief wait, the music of Ryan Pattillo hits! Ryan Pattillo wants Reigns to know that he gets it. You get a few amazing nights, you're riding an incredible high, and you think the world is at your fingertips. Pattillo has been there. But Reigns can't continue on under the belief that those nights are going to keep coming easily. "What you did to Jake Connelly wasn't a sign of strength. All it did was ensure that you get remembered for being an ungrateful, arrogant sack of crap. So let me be the one to show you tonight that the future isn't guaranteed!"

Reigns looks to offer a rebuttal. "Strong words from someone who hasn't held a championship in almost two years. Hey, I've got no problem cashing my checks. You want a piece? I'll see you out here later tonight."

Second Match: The Southern Gentlemen vs. The Play Pals
A really hot match here as both teams have found their respective grooves. The Play Pals have been named as one of the top teams that might be getting a shot at the tag team titles. They prove themselves here as Gavin Jones gets the pin on Brody Lee for the win. *****, 96% overall.

Michael Hotbody is backstage, visiting Lisa Benton. He wants to thank her for making his rematch against Jordan Demiras official at Judgment Day and is especially giddy about the fact the Cruiserweight Title is on the line. It was owed to him after Demiras showed his true colors at Backlash and got himself disqualified like the unstable coward that he is. Oh, and then he had to go and get himself counted out against Jason Sorola on Superstars last night. "Gosh, it's such a shame that he's already at two title matches where he's retained the title despite losing. Man, it would be something if he went off the deep again one more time, like say, during our match at JUdgment Day. Then you, as the boss would have the unfortunate but necessary task of stripping Jordan Demiras of the championship. And between you and me, I think he's really close to snapping."

Benton calmly replies by agreeing that it would be a shame if that match ended the way Hotbody described. Which is why she is making that match FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE. Benton goes on her way leaving Hotbody speechless.

Third Match: Vivian Merrick vs. Faith Connors
Vivian Merrick demanded this match as a way of trying to get some attention for a title match against Braddock. This is quite the back and forth affair but suddenly Hannah McCormick of all people comes down and nails Faith from behind and begins to assault her. Sonya Braddock looks to come down to even the odds and we get a staredown between the two pairs of women. *****, 95% overall.

I'm choking on all these stars.

Fourth Match: The Wolves of Wall Street (Doyle Hughes and Emilio London) vs. The British Infection (Adrian Gallagher and Nate Exley)
Another hot evenly contested match. The Brits get the pin after nailing Hughes with the Queen's English. Afterwards, Adrian promises everyone that there's a big surprise coming soon from the British Infection. Another ***** match, 95% overall.

We get a promo from Haven who has some serious words for Zed Jones. Zed's decisions are his own but to come to the conclusion that being a lackey for other people's deeds, that will be his undoing. Ruin is what awaits in the future of Zed Jones if he continues on this path.

Fifth Match: Frankie vs. Carmella Costello
The first one-on-one encounter in this little feud is quite the affair. Frankie looks to be coming into her own here. Costello's manager, Brooke, however, earns her keep by making a scene allowing Costello to take advantage and land the Defaminator off the top for the pin. ****1/2, 91% overall.

We get Xavier Cross in the ring looking upset. It's been days upon days upon days and he hasn't received a single apology from anyone regarding being accused of being behind the attacks on Noah Carmichael and Haven. Kerry Cemenko made a mockery of Cross' feelings! He's only human, you know! However, he's not irrational. He's willing to let bygones be bygones if he gets an apology from just one particular person...NOAH CARMICHAEL! Cross DEMANDS that the champion make himself known.

Butch Fleming decides to answer the call and lets Cross know that he should get used to being disappointed in Noah Carmichael because that's all he ever gives anyone who puts faith in him! Fleming should know. Carmichael had all of the trust Fleming could ever give someone and he flushed it all away. The people here tonight and those watching at home should take heed because Carmichael is fixing to disappoint all of them because at Judgment Day, the little play world that Carmichael has built for himself goes up in flames at the hands of Butch Fleming.

Carmichael has apparently heard enough of this and decides to head down to the ring. Fleming takes no chances and begins assaulting the champion. Cross looks like he wants to get involved but here comes Kerry Cemenko to the rescue. The heels get driven off for now.

MAIN EVENT: Ryan Pattillo vs. WWE Intercontinental Champion Brandon Reigns
Reigns has a different aura about him here as he just radiates utter disdain for Pattillo. They have themselves a hot back-and-forth match designed to make Reigns look good. It's topped off with Reigns managing to lock in the Iron Reign to get the submission. Wow! That's a huge notch on the belt of Reigns, being able to go over a former world champion. Reigns celebrates with his championship and briefcase as we go off the air. *****, 94%

90% overall show rating.

Last edited by M-A-G; 02-02-2021 at 04:11 PM.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 03:57 PM   #2802
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Even though your whole roster is highly skilled, I have to figure the crowd reaction is bringing everything to the next level. Every crowd is like ECW One Night Stand 2005 level hot for everything and it's glorious.

I'm all for the eventual Brandon Reigns title run. Would you allow someone to be a dual champion with the top belts?
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 04:05 PM   #2803
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
Even though your whole roster is highly skilled, I have to figure the crowd reaction is bringing everything to the next level. Every crowd is like ECW One Night Stand 2005 level hot for everything and it's glorious.

I'm all for the eventual Brandon Reigns title run. Would you allow someone to be a dual champion with the top belts?
I've done it before twice. Butch Fleming was one but I forgot who the other one was. It had to have been a heel because it's just common sense from a heat-drawing perspective. I don't do it too often and I'm definitely not doing it with Reigns. There are other twists to this story before the inevitable cash in attempt.

And, yeah, the crowd has just been eating up this stuff. I like to imagine my guys getting over organically as opposed to being scripted eight ways from Sunday. I even sometimes *gasp* let the heels say or do something that hurts people's feelings!
Old 02-02-2021, 04:47 PM   #2804
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Yeah it’s great for heel heat. A dual champion who will only agree to put one and only one belt on the line at a time.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:55 PM   #2805
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

AEW Dark: February 23, 2021:
-The Dark Order (Evil Uno and Stu Grayson) def. Chaos Project
-"Rock Hard" Jake Hager def. Michael Nakazawa
-Serena Deeb def. Emi Sakura
-Rey Fenix def. Sammy Guevara
-Hikaru Shida def. Allie

AEW Dynamite: February 24, 2021

We open up with a good old fashioned contract signing for Saturday's AEW World Heavyweight Title match between Kenny Omega and PAC. As we know, contract signings don't go well. The Good Brothers hop in and jump PAC, Rey Fenix runs in to help his Death Triangle brethren. Kenny gets a belt shot on PAC while Rey Fenix gets Magic Killer'd through the table by the Good Brothers.87% overall

First Match:

Jurassic Express and FTR resume their rivalry with another singles match between team members. Two weeks ago, Cash Wheeler noped out mid-match against Luchasaurus and this week Dax Harwood did the same. As soon as Luchasaurus got his momentum, Dax signaled to the back as Cash ran in for the DQ. Jungle Boy rushes out for the save and we may as well do our next match right now! **3/4, 71% overall

Second Match:

Jungle Boy vs. Cash Wheeler to complete the teams' recent pairing off in singles matches. Jungle Boy had a standout performance winning a great match over Dax Harwood last month. This match wasn't quite at the same level but it was still a quality TV match. Luchasaurus kept Dax at bay as Jungle Boy grabbed a win. Jurassic Express are now 4-0 in their singles match series with FTR, FTR will get to go back to what they do best in tag action on Saturday. **3/4, 69% overall

Team Taz deliver their closing remarks ahead of their street fight against Darby Allin and Sting this Saturday. That is, if Sting hasn't taken last week's ambush as a sign that he needs to go back to retirement. The lights go out, a loud smack can be heard, and when they're back on - Powerhouse Hobbs has been left laying, busted wide open with Darby Allin's skateboard laying next to his head. Well that will prevent Hobbs from turning Saturday's street fight into a handicap match. 78% overall

Third Match:

Ahead of his match against Cody Rhodes on Saturday, Eddie Kingston faces off against Dustin Rhodes. The two have a real old school wrasslin' brawl, slugging the shit out of each other. Sliding D puts Dustin down for the count. Kingston continues to pound away on Dustin before Cody rushes the ring to run Kingston off. ***, 75% overall

The Young Bucks bump into Santana and Ortiz backstage, who they'll be meeting in 8-man tag action later tonight. The Bucks basically tried to needle the ongoing dissension amount the Inner Circle, pointing out how close they came to beating them two weeks ago before Jericho and MJF cost them the win. They're way too good to be second fiddle to them. 85% overall

Matt Hardy and "Hangman" Adam Page had been shown at the bar numerous times throughout the night, Matt doing most of the talking. The mics picked up him continuing to trash The Dark Order who Hangman had a hard time declining a month ago. Hardy produces a contract for him to join The Matt Hardy Brand. Hangman takes a long look at it, but he can't go through with it. He's still not ready to join a group. Matt had a feeling he might feel that way, and he's a big believer in actions speaking louder than words, so he'd rather show how great they could be together. Which is why he talked to Tony Khan and got them booked in a match for Saturday...against The Dark Order! 80% overall

Fourth Match:

Women's champion Hikaru Shida and fellow Japanese competitor Riho faced off against Awesome Kong and her former partner in the Nightmare Collective, Mel. Just imagining Riho vs. Kong.....poor Riho would get ragdolled so badly. In any event, I imagine she is always able to tag out and Kong always leaves when Shida tags in, not because she's afraid, but because she's smart enough to wait until Saturday and not give anything away. Shida locks in a Full Metal Muffler on Mel and stares down Kong on the outside as Mel taps. **3/4, 68%

Miro and Kip Sabian were on their way to the ring to squash some developmental guys, but they never made it as Orange Cassidy came out of nowhere and cracked Sabian with a chair on the rampway! Orange is out for revenge to defend his Best Friends, this is a side of Orange Cassidy we've never seen before. He and Miro brawl and have to be pulled apart. 91% overall.....Miro and Orange = ratings

Main Event:

It's The Inner Circle (Chris Jericho, MJF, Santana, and Ortiz) vs. The Elite (Young Bucks and Good Brothers) for some 8 man tag goodness. Inner Circle bickered a bit early on but eventually started to work together cohesively. The Elite were doing well for themselves until Rey Fenix showed up on the rampway, carrying a table under his arm. The Good Brothers immediately left their post to go take him out, only for the music of Jon Moxley to hit as he emerges from the crowd and they start brawling on the rampway.

With the Good Brothers having completely fucked off leaving their partners high and dry, the Young Bucks were at a 4 on 2 disadvantage. They fought hard and valiantly, but could never get a pin without somebody being around to break it up. Jericho and MJF fighting with Matt Jackson on the outside, Santana and Ortiz inside the ring start to line Nick Jackson up for the Street Sweeper. Before they can hit the move, Jericho pops onto the apron, tags himself in, Judas Effect on Nick to get the triumphant pinfall for Inner Circle! ***, 77%

Before going off the air, we cut backstage and see The Good Brothers and Moxley/Fenix are brawling. The Good Brothers are stacked atop each other and Fenix leaps off a few crates to smash through both of them! [B]70% overall

76% show rating

---

Happy with the episode and although I had to rush the Revolution build I think it should end up being a good show.

That main event segment though....oops. I caused Mox to lose overness, probably because The Good Brothers are in the low 70s for overness while Mox is like a 90. This is kinda a placeholder show for him.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:27 AM   #2806
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
AEW Dark: February 23, 2021:
-The Dark Order (Evil Uno and Stu Grayson) def. Chaos Project
-"Rock Hard" Jake Hager def. Michael Nakazawa
-Serena Deeb def. Emi Sakura
-Rey Fenix def. Sammy Guevara
-Hikaru Shida def. Allie
Somewhere Vince Russo is kicking himself over not thinking to push somebody named "Rock Hard". Serena Deeb wrestling is an almost foreign concept to me. Remind me again why she didn't get a WWE Women's Title run.

Quote:
AEW Dynamite: February 24, 2021

We open up with a good old fashioned contract signing for Saturday's AEW World Heavyweight Title match between Kenny Omega and PAC. As we know, contract signings don't go well. The Good Brothers hop in and jump PAC, Rey Fenix runs in to help his Death Triangle brethren. Kenny gets a belt shot on PAC while Rey Fenix gets Magic Killer'd through the table by the Good Brothers.87% overall
You should've had a cake get destroyed to really tackle that checklist.
Quote:
First Match:

Jurassic Express and FTR resume their rivalry with another singles match between team members. Two weeks ago, Cash Wheeler noped out mid-match against Luchasaurus and this week Dax Harwood did the same. As soon as Luchasaurus got his momentum, Dax signaled to the back as Cash ran in for the DQ. Jungle Boy rushes out for the save and we may as well do our next match right now! **3/4, 71% overall

Second Match:

Jungle Boy vs. Cash Wheeler to complete the teams' recent pairing off in singles matches. Jungle Boy had a standout performance winning a great match over Dax Harwood last month. This match wasn't quite at the same level but it was still a quality TV match. Luchasaurus kept Dax at bay as Jungle Boy grabbed a win. Jurassic Express are now 4-0 in their singles match series with FTR, FTR will get to go back to what they do best in tag action on Saturday. **3/4, 69% overall
This spirit of Teddy Long lives on....sort of....!!!

Quote:
Team Taz deliver their closing remarks ahead of their street fight against Darby Allin and Sting this Saturday. That is, if Sting hasn't taken last week's ambush as a sign that he needs to go back to retirement. The lights go out, a loud smack can be heard, and when they're back on - Powerhouse Hobbs has been left laying, busted wide open with Darby Allin's skateboard laying next to his head. Well that will prevent Hobbs from turning Saturday's street fight into a handicap match. 78% overall
Sting in a street fight in this day and age would almost qualify as senior citizen's abuse. We do need more skateboards being used as weapons in wrestling. You'd think the early nineties would have been all about that shit.

Quote:
Third Match:

Ahead of his match against Cody Rhodes on Saturday, Eddie Kingston faces off against Dustin Rhodes. The two have a real old school wrasslin' brawl, slugging the shit out of each other. Sliding D puts Dustin down for the count. Kingston continues to pound away on Dustin before Cody rushes the ring to run Kingston off. ***, 75% overall
Dustin would give the Sliding D to Terri Runnels all the time...

Quote:
The Young Bucks bump into Santana and Ortiz backstage, who they'll be meeting in 8-man tag action later tonight. The Bucks basically tried to needle the ongoing dissension amount the Inner Circle, pointing out how close they came to beating them two weeks ago before Jericho and MJF cost them the win. They're way too good to be second fiddle to them. 85% overall
Yeah, I mean who the hell would want to play second fiddle to a guy responsible for the well being of Lucy the Dog?
Quote:
Matt Hardy and "Hangman" Adam Page had been shown at the bar numerous times throughout the night, Matt doing most of the talking. The mics picked up him continuing to trash The Dark Order who Hangman had a hard time declining a month ago. Hardy produces a contract for him to join The Matt Hardy Brand. Hangman takes a long look at it, but he can't go through with it. He's still not ready to join a group. Matt had a feeling he might feel that way, and he's a big believer in actions speaking louder than words, so he'd rather show how great they could be together. Which is why he talked to Tony Khan and got them booked in a match for Saturday...against The Dark Order! 80% overall
Wow, Matt, you're a douche. That's like getting your wife a vacuum for your anniversary.

Quote:
Fourth Match:

Women's champion Hikaru Shida and fellow Japanese competitor Riho faced off against Awesome Kong and her former partner in the Nightmare Collective, Mel. Just imagining Riho vs. Kong.....poor Riho would get ragdolled so badly. In any event, I imagine she is always able to tag out and Kong always leaves when Shida tags in, not because she's afraid, but because she's smart enough to wait until Saturday and not give anything away. Shida locks in a Full Metal Muffler on Mel and stares down Kong on the outside as Mel taps. **3/4, 68%
Full Metal Muffler is such a bad ass name.

Quote:
Miro and Kip Sabian were on their way to the ring to squash some developmental guys, but they never made it as Orange Cassidy came out of nowhere and cracked Sabian with a chair on the rampway! Orange is out for revenge to defend his Best Friends, this is a side of Orange Cassidy we've never seen before. He and Miro brawl and have to be pulled apart. 91% overall.....Miro and Orange = ratings
So when Miro eventually destroys Orange would that be known as the Orange Crush?

Quote:
Main Event:

It's The Inner Circle (Chris Jericho, MJF, Santana, and Ortiz) vs. The Elite (Young Bucks and Good Brothers) for some 8 man tag goodness. Inner Circle bickered a bit early on but eventually started to work together cohesively. The Elite were doing well for themselves until Rey Fenix showed up on the rampway, carrying a table under his arm. The Good Brothers immediately left their post to go take him out, only for the music of Jon Moxley to hit as he emerges from the crowd and they start brawling on the rampway.

With the Good Brothers having completely fucked off leaving their partners high and dry, the Young Bucks were at a 4 on 2 disadvantage. They fought hard and valiantly, but could never get a pin without somebody being around to break it up. Jericho and MJF fighting with Matt Jackson on the outside, Santana and Ortiz inside the ring start to line Nick Jackson up for the Street Sweeper. Before they can hit the move, Jericho pops onto the apron, tags himself in, Judas Effect on Nick to get the triumphant pinfall for Inner Circle! ***, 77%
Sounds like fun. Keeping up those stars in the main event.
Quote:
Before going off the air, we cut backstage and see The Good Brothers and Moxley/Fenix are brawling. The Good Brothers are stacked atop each other and Fenix leaps off a few crates to smash through both of them! [B]70% overall

76% show rating

---

Happy with the episode and although I had to rush the Revolution build I think it should end up being a good show.

That main event segment though....oops. I caused Mox to lose overness, probably because The Good Brothers are in the low 70s for overness while Mox is like a 90. This is kinda a placeholder show for him.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that happens with me from time to time, too, where I want to get a lower guy more over but the guy with the higher over level drops. It's usually mitigated if the people involved are in an actual feud. That said, let the Revolution be televised!

Last edited by M-A-G; 02-04-2021 at 06:37 AM.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:36 AM   #2807
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Raw: May 14, 2040

Opening Match: The British Infection vs. The Millennium Rebels
The Infection promised some sort of surprise for us but I guess they're going to make us wait a bit on that. A hot opener where it looks like Adrian Gallagher has this well in hand but the manager of the Rebels, Aaron Ramsey, jumps him for the DQ. It looks like a three on one situation but the scene is joined by somebody running down the aisle who helps the Infection fight off the odds. Who is this person? After the ring is cleared of the heels, the Infection's manager, Fantasee, introduces this new face as the younger brother of Adrian Gallagher, as well as her newest client, Nigel Gallagher! *****, 95% overall.

Second Match: Azazel vs. Mathias
Truth be told, I'm getting such awesome results from everyone else, these guys seem like dead weight and I'm debating keeping them around. Anyway, it's a heavyweight slugfest that ends with Azazel's manager, Vivian Merrick getting involved, allowing Azazel to hit the Demonator for the pin. Vivian makes threats to Sonya Braddock into the camera. ****1/2, 89% overall.

Hannah McCormick is backstage and wants to clue us all in as to why she attacked Faith Connors last week. All of this talk about a Queen of Queens match and NOBODY considered inviting her, undoubtedly the best Queen of the Ring of all time. She demands to be added to the match at Judgment Day so that everyone can witness her superiority.

Third Match: Ryan Pattillo and Seth Von Kamp vs. Chris Collins and Moses McKay
We learn that we'll be getting McKay vs. Von Kamp one more time on SmackDown! in a No DQ match. Maybe that will finally settle things between them. This is an evenly matched contest that ends with Pattillo recovering from his defeat to Brandon Reigns by pinning Collins with the Shutdown. *****, 94% overall.

Fourth Match: WWE Intercontinental Champion Brandon Reigns vs. Conner Buchanan
Speaking of Reigns, he continues his winning ways here as he just may be right about not needing anyone by his side. After getting the submission win with the Iron Reign, however, Reigns gets jumped by an angry Jake Connelly, who was betrayed last week! They have themselves a brawl that needs to be stopped by officials. *****. 94% overall.

The WWE Unified World Champion Noah Carmichael joins us in the ring and wants us all to go down memory lane with him. "Is it true that I stood by the side of Butch Fleming for years? Yes. It was my understanding that he held the key to unlocking opportunities. Unfortunately it turned out that really, it was Fleming who looked towards me for that key as he added more and more people to prop him up. I saw a way out and I took it and despite the punishments that I've received for making that decision I still regret nothing. Look at what I'm holding in my hands here! Don't think for a second that Butch Fleming's hurt feelings and temper tantrums keep me up at night because these belts are all the proof I need that made the right decision! So Fleming can cry himself a river and use it to get to Judgment Day because I'm sending his ass right back where it came from without a paddle!"

Unfortunately, just as Carmichael finishes, Butch Fleming himself sneaks up from behind to lay out the champion with a chair shot to the back. He adds in a few stomps for the fun of it and decides to grab the title belts and raise them up in triumph.

Fifth Match: Tania and Frankie vs. Billie Padgett and Carmella Costello
Two separate feuds are united into one match here. This will hopefully give CiCi and Frankie some experience and overness. It comes down to an all out brawl where Padgett manages to lay out Tania and beat the count for the win. ****1/2, 90% overall.

Backstage Kyle Jacobs is on the phone, apparently with his dad but is interrupted by Brooke. She understands that Jacobs has been lobbying for a one-on-one rematch for the Intercontinental Title against Brandon Reigns. It's not going to happen because Salvatore Scabbia deserves his shot after having the belt stolen from him. Kyle tells Brooke that she has a lot of nerve even getting in face considering all of the drama that's been going on. As far as Scabbia goes, he can take Kyle's shot at the title over his own dead body. Brooke proposes facing Scabbia one more time at Judgment Day to determine who gets the one-on-one title shot. Jacobs isn't happy with the idea but any excuse to get his hands on Scabbia is a good one. He accepts.

Sixth Match: Michael Haywood vs. Julian Merrick
Haywood and Gavin Jones have been lobbying for a title match against the tag team champions for the past week and the champions have offered this match as a way to prove themselves. Vivian Merrick looks to try to hand her brother a foreign object to help him win but Sonya Braddock comes out and surprises Vivian. Vivian wastes time focusing her attention on Braddock that Michael Haywood is able to grab the foreign object out of her hand and use it himself to get the win. Both Merricks are furious afterwards as Braddock just smiles. ****1/2, 92% overall

Seventh Match: Jenna Kyle vs. Missy Brantley
Naomi Bailey is out here to observe and Jenna keeps giving her dirty looks. Naomi tries to get involved but Jenna repeatedly refuses her help. She's able to hit the Kyle Driver for the pinfall win. *****, 95% overall.

MAIN EVENT: Xavier Cross, The Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody, and Zed Jones vs. Kerry Cemenko, WWE Cruiserweight Champion Jordan Demiras, and Haven
Quite the intersection of personal issues here. It's a hard fought encounter and in the end it's "Katy, bar the door" time as everything breaks down. Zed Jones manages to plant Haven through a table in time to help Michael Hotbody from suffering the wrath of Jordan Demiras as Jones knocks the Cruiserweight Champion off the top rope, enabling Hotbody to steal a pin. ****1/2, 91% overall

Overall show rating: 92%
Old 02-04-2021, 07:23 AM   #2808
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
Wow, Matt, you're a douche. That's like getting your wife a vacuum for your anniversary.
Hey, if it gets her to suck...
Old 02-04-2021, 07:34 AM   #2809
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
Opening Match: The British Infection vs. The Millennium Rebels
The Infection promised some sort of surprise for us but I guess they're going to make us wait a bit on that. A hot opener where it looks like Adrian Gallagher has this well in hand but the manager of the Rebels, Aaron Ramsey, jumps him for the DQ. It looks like a three on one situation but the scene is joined by somebody running down the aisle who helps the Infection fight off the odds. Who is this person? After the ring is cleared of the heels, the Infection's manager, Fantasee, introduces this new face as the younger brother of Adrian Gallagher, as well as her newest client, Nigel Gallagher! *****, 95% overall.
And here comes the NXT brigade! Good, natural place to bring Gallagher into the fold. Given the experience rating The British Infection have, I don't think you'd want to start from scratch building the chemistry of the Gallagher Brothers, maybe Nigel factors into the cruiserweight division? Not before some awesome trios matches, of course.

Quote:
Second Match: Azazel vs. Mathias
Truth be told, I'm getting such awesome results from everyone else, these guys seem like dead weight and I'm debating keeping them around. Anyway, it's a heavyweight slugfest that ends with Azazel's manager, Vivian Merrick getting involved, allowing Azazel to hit the Demonator for the pin. Vivian makes threats to Sonya Braddock into the camera. ****1/2, 89% overall.
Quote:
Seventh Match: Jenna Kyle vs. Missy Brantley
Naomi Bailey is out here to observe and Jenna keeps giving her dirty looks. Naomi tries to get involved but Jenna repeatedly refuses her help. She's able to hit the Kyle Driver for the pinfall win. *****, 95% overall.
Jenna. Fucking. Kyle. She might get a 100% overall match at some point.

Quote:
MAIN EVENT: Xavier Cross, The Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody, and Zed Jones vs. Kerry Cemenko, WWE Cruiserweight Champion Jordan Demiras, and Haven
Quite the intersection of personal issues here. It's a hard fought encounter and in the end it's "Katy, bar the door" time as everything breaks down. Zed Jones manages to plant Haven through a table in time to help Michael Hotbody from suffering the wrath of Jordan Demiras as Jones knocks the Cruiserweight Champion off the top rope, enabling Hotbody to steal a pin. ****1/2, 91% overall
I like the idea of using a trios match to continue three feuds all in one segment, seems like a good way to appease the in-game feud system while also not having to have three separate segments devoted to each feud. It's good for a change of pace.
Old 02-04-2021, 08:31 AM   #2810
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Yeah, I never had any plans to make the Gallaghers a team. Adrian and Exley gel really well and the cruiserweight division always needs more people. I'll probably use Crockett and LaPaige to give him some early wins to raise his over rating before really tossing him into the deep end. There are a lot of guys not doing anything with whom I can saddle him.

I honestly think I'm going to cause the game to have an orgasm and just break down if I do Faith vs. Jenna at this rate. Their encounters in 3.0 were solid as fuck but 4.2 seems to be a bit more generous, so who knows? Cross your fingers for a ****** match.

I usually go that route in terms of the main even by sticking multiple feuds in one match. It frees up a lot of segments and it helps with rotating people in terms of who gets the main event slot. Like, when was the last time a Cruiserweight champion main evented a Raw. Also I'm going to see if I can actually change Hotbody's name to include Cruiserweight Champion-Elect.

I should probably post the card so far for Judgment Day:

WWE Unified World Title: Noah Carmichael (c) vs. Butch Fleming

WWE Cruiserweight Title: Jordan Demiras (c) vs. The Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody

Queen of Queens Match: Naomi Bailey vs. Faith Connors vs. Jenna Kyle

Number One Contender Match for the Intercontinental Title: Salvatore Scabbia vs. Kyle Jacobs

I'm curious how the first big event I hold goes down on 4.2. It had better not be a dud.
Old 02-04-2021, 08:54 AM   #2811
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

A dud show with that card would be like 90%, stacked
Old 02-04-2021, 08:55 AM   #2812
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

AEW is doing a women's tournament with half of the bracket being filmed in Japan featuring women from all the different joshi promotions out there. Might have to see if any are worth signing in-game.

Either way, this got a kick out of me.

Old 02-04-2021, 09:05 AM   #2813
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
AEW is doing a women's tournament with half of the bracket being filmed in Japan featuring women from all the different joshi promotions out there. Might have to see if any are worth signing in-game.

Either way, this got a kick out of me.

I'm sure something was lost in translation there.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:30 AM   #2814
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Sadly, I am not able to completely rename Michael Hotbody to include his rightfully earned office and title. Just more evidence of the SHAM BIAS permeating the WWE!
Old 02-04-2021, 11:46 AM   #2815
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Yeah I'm not surprised there is a character limit, although it accommodates most.

Former CHIKARA performer Dash Hatfield is in the latest database with his new ring name: A Very Good Professional Wrestler
Old 02-04-2021, 01:12 PM   #2816
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Revolution Card:

AEW World Championship: "The Bastard" PAC vs. "The Cleaner" Kenny Omega (C)

AEW World Tag Team Championships: The Inner Circle ("The Demo God" Chris Jericho and MJF) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) (C)

AEW Women's World Championship: Awesome Kong vs. Hikaru Shida (C)

Street Fight: Team Taz ("The Machine" Brian Cage and "Absolute" Ricky Starks) vs. TNT champion Darby Allin and Sting

Tables Match: Jon Moxley and Rey Fenix vs. The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson)

"Freshly Squeezed" Orange Cassidy vs. "The Best Man" Miro

"The Mad King" Eddie Kingston vs. "The American Nightmare" Cody Rhodes

"Hangman" Adam Page and "Big Money" Matt Hardy vs. The Dark Order (Evil Uno and Stu Grayson)

Buy-In Match: FTR (Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler) vs. Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus)

---

I feel like overness issues with some guys will lower the show a bit more than I'd like but quality wise I think there should be a lot of good stuff in here.

Originally I had penciled in Hangman vs. Matt straight up but even knowing I had to rush things to build this show I didn't think it made sense to jump there so quick, I'm so far removed from booking feuds it will be interested in seeing if it breaks the in-game feud system to have two feuding guys on the same team.
Old 02-04-2021, 02:05 PM   #2817
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Tables match will be fire.

Sincerely hope that MJF and Jericho do NOT win, despite not really liking the Bucks. Jericho just needs to stop. It'd be better if this is the culmination of he and MJF's tension and MJF screws over Jericho, then that program can evolve. I have no idea how long its been building.

PAC is so good. Omega hasn't looked AS good recently, but those two should have a great match. Death Triangle is my new fav team.
drave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 02:47 PM   #2818
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Seeing Jericho/MJF vs. the Bucks become a reality on Dynamite last night popped me because I didn't think it was the route they would actually go. But yeah, I think the ongoing dissention of Inner Circle is the real story. I haven't yet decided the fate of Inner Circle, in real life it seems like the entire thing might implode as opposed to everyone rallying behind one leader.

My card is at least pretty close to what will happen in real life. Probably swap Mox and PAC's spots. No sign at all that Kong will return at all, let alone right off the bat like I did. And of course I retconned the Cody/Jade/Shaq angle as I have no interest in it.

In real life it'll likely be an Orange/Chuck vs. Miro/Kip tag match instead of singles. Actually have no idea how an Orange/Miro singles match would go. I love OC but even I can admit, if Miro's meant to be a killer, he should probably destroy him. Even the whole "hidden mean streak" think I'm doing with OC I think people would point out that a scrawny guy like OC shouldn't be able to hang with a brick shithouse like Miro.

But suppose that's the benefit of it being a game, don't have to go too crazy with realism.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:26 PM   #2819
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Yeah I'm not surprised there is a character limit, although it accommodates most.

Former CHIKARA performer Dash Hatfield is in the latest database with his new ring name: A Very Good Professional Wrestler
I'd love to see that engraved on a belt.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:28 PM   #2820
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
Tables match will be fire.
Ooh, now I want flaming tables to be in the game.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:38 PM   #2821
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Seeing Jericho/MJF vs. the Bucks become a reality on Dynamite last night popped me because I didn't think it was the route they would actually go. But yeah, I think the ongoing dissention of Inner Circle is the real story. I haven't yet decided the fate of Inner Circle, in real life it seems like the entire thing might implode as opposed to everyone rallying behind one leader.

My card is at least pretty close to what will happen in real life. Probably swap Mox and PAC's spots. No sign at all that Kong will return at all, let alone right off the bat like I did. And of course I retconned the Cody/Jade/Shaq angle as I have no interest in it.

In real life it'll likely be an Orange/Chuck vs. Miro/Kip tag match instead of singles. Actually have no idea how an Orange/Miro singles match would go. I love OC but even I can admit, if Miro's meant to be a killer, he should probably destroy him. Even the whole "hidden mean streak" think I'm doing with OC I think people would point out that a scrawny guy like OC shouldn't be able to hang with a brick shithouse like Miro.

But suppose that's the benefit of it being a game, don't have to go too crazy with realism.
Multiple time World Champion Test agrees with that last sentiment.

Also, there's no way Taz and Sting are actually having matches in real life, right? I mean, I'm imagining two walker-bound nursing home residents fighting over the the last cup of pudding.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:01 PM   #2822
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
Also, there's no way Taz and Sting are actually having matches in real life, right? I mean, I'm imagining two walker-bound nursing home residents fighting over the the last cup of pudding.
Only Sting, and it likely won't resemble a conventional street fight. I'm expecting a lot of it to be shot outside the arena, probably the night before Revolution. A lot of cinematic elements that won't require Sting to try to work a full match and be blown up. I'd expect if there's any live action from him in the arena it would just be the finish.

Taz isn't in the match, he runs a stable and they're gonna be doing the fighting.

Hook (Taz' son, I sent him to developmental), Ricky Starks, Powerhouse Hobbs, Brian Cage.

It was like 45 degrees in Jacksonville last night and Cage was chilling outside with no shirt. I probably wouldn't ever wear a shirt if I looked like him either.
Old 02-05-2021, 06:23 AM   #2823
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Cage with his best Taylor Lautner impression.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:56 AM   #2824
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Superstars: May 17, 2040

We open with Jake Connelly addressing the crowd fresh off his return on Raw. "I'm sure you're all curious about how I feel regarding Brandon Reigns and what occurred last week. Time catches up with everyone. It's inevitable. I had thought it to be the case with me when I didn't make it to WrestleMania this year and had to watch a younger man bask in that glory. I wondered if I had indeed arrived at the end of the road as far as my career went. But I was struck with an epiphany as I saw that my loss on that fateful day wasn't going to be in vain. I had been bested, sure, but Brandon Reigns made it count. He did go on to WrestleMania, he did go on to win Money in the Bank, and he did go on to be viewed as quite possibly the next big superstar in this business. Now, is it fair to say that I hitched my wagon to this meteoric rise? Maybe, but I knew, I felt it in my heart, that with the right guidance and mentoring, the last big mark I would have left on the wrestling world was helping prepare the brightest future its ever seen in a talent like Brandon Reigns. Then and there, I could've proudly gone off into the sunset, satisfied that you people would be in good hands. Things have changed slightly to say the least. So to answer the question on your mind regarding how I feel well there's really only person that needs to hear it and I really can only tell it to him face to face, so Brandon Reigns get your sorry ass out here, RIGHT NOW!"

We have to wait briefly but surely enough the Intercontinental Champion makes him way out to the stage looking furious. "Stick your demands and your feelings up your ass, Connelly," Reigns declares. "I did what I did to make sure you understood the message. All you veterans just can't ever get it through your heads that you don't always make or break the careers of other people. I was doing just fine before you and I'm going to do even better after you. I don't care how mad you are, how disappointed you are, or how hurt you are. You're more than welcome to go try to mentor some other sad sap back there and see how that goes but as far as you and I go, I'm good."

Connelly is more than happy to reply. "Oh, I know you're good. You're very good. The question remains, however, is how good? You see, Brandon, I didn't want to share my anger or hurt feelings with you. I wanted to express gratitude. You did the one thing that I don't think anyone could have done for me. You helped me find that last match that I knew I still had deep down inside me. You helped me find that drive that made me what I am today. You helped me rediscover what made my career and it began with that championship you're holding right now. So this is what it comes down to, Mr. I Can Do It On My Own, let's all see you do it on your own by facing me for the Intercontinental Title at Judgment Day or are you going to continue being known as the ingrate that you are?"

"No, no, how about I be known as the man who sent you off on that sunset you were talking about earlier? You want to face me for the title? You need to offer something in return because I'm not giving you the satisfaction of trying to be relevant for nothing. You beat me at Judgment Day, you're the champion. I beat you at Judgment Day, you don't ever step in the ring again. How do you feel about that?"

Connelly takes a moment to consider this but responds with confidence. "I feel that bright future of yours might not get to see the light of day after all. You're on." It looks like we have another match for Judgment Day!

Opening Match: Nigel Gallagher vs. Bill Crockett
A way to showcase Nigel in his first match and to give the crowd some decent cruiserweight action to start things off. Nigel takes the win here, getting the pin after hitting the Union Smack. ****1/4, 81% overall.

Backstage, Hannah McCormick approaches Jenna Kyle. McCormick breaks down what's been going in regards to the Queen of Queens match at Judgment Day. Naomi Bailey doesn't mind if McCormick is added but Faith doesn't share that sentiment. Both McCormick and Faith are looking for partners for tonight and if McCormick's team wins, she can be added to the match and lucky for Jenna Kyle, McCormick is asking her to be her partner! Jenna takes a deep breath and sighs as she turns to face McCormick. "Here's the part where I shatter your dreams, Hannah. I don't want you in that match either. I've got enough to worry about with Naomi and Faith and it's bad enough that I have to go through them to get a crack at the title. So, thanks, but no thanks. Find someone else to be your sucker." Jenna leaves leaving Hannah dumbstruck.

Second Match: Lonny Richards vs. Stanley Coleman
Semi-continuing the issue between Richards and Caleb Greene as Lonny is here to go through another client of his former manager, Aphrodite. Richards dominates pretty well on his way to a submission win. Richards and his manager, Nathan Quinn, taunt Greene through the camera. ****1/2, 89% overall.

Third Match: The Tokyo Titans (Wu and Tokyo Kid) vs. The Sin City Rollers (Luis Ortega and Vic Gambler)
Just some good solid tag team action here to pop the crowd. The Titans get the win here after an even match. *****, 94% overall.

Backstage, The Play Pals question the manhood of the Unified Tag Team Champions as they inform us that they have still not heard an answer to their challenge. They note that Sonya Braddock has more balls because word is that she's open to giving Vivian Merrick a title shot. They'll be waiting.

Back to the ring, Cameron Harper looks to be on his way for a match but is ambushed by Hugo of all people. He pounds away on Harper leaving him bloodied. He looks into the camera and promises more of this.

Fourth Match: Hannah McCormick and ??? vs. Faith Connors and ???
McCormick enters first and announces that she has managed to find a partner for tonight and it's someone who isn't afraid of more competition. It's someone who actually believes in keeping things fair and is open to giving other people opportunities unlike some OTHER people around here. And with that, Hannah gestures to the stage and Naomi Bailey makes her way out to join up with Hannah.

Faith follows, making her usual entrance but she has a mic and says that she didn't bother looking for a partner because she's all about defying the odds and it'll be a great preview of what's she's going to do at Judgment Day. Faith hops onto the apron and enters the ring but before the match can begin the music of JENNA KYLE of all people hits and she comes out in her gear looking ready to compete. She climbs the steps and stands in Faith's corner??? Is she volunteering to help Faith make sure Hannah McCormick doesn't join them at Judgment Day? It sure looks that way and away we go....

Fourth Match: Hannah McCormick and Naomi Bailey vs. Faith Connors and Jenna Kyle
Connors spends the opening parts of the match hesitant and looking at Jenna with distrust. The match goes on and slowly but surely both Jenna and Faith look like they're on the same page, working as a team the way they used to. It comes down to Jenna looking to put away McCormick while Bailey is just womanhandling Faith on the outside. McCormick's lackey, Bobbi Jo, looks to hand McCormick her custom microphone to use on Jenna but Jenna steals it away from Hannah, knocks Bobbi Jo off the apron and in the heat of the moment KOs Hannah with the mic. Unfortunately the referee sees this and calls for the DQ. It looks like we're getting a four way Queen of Queens match at Judgment Day after all! *****, 97% overall.

We return from break with the ring set up for another edition of the Hot Button with the Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody. He will be taking questions this time around but wants to make it clear that this time, Jordan Demiras is NOT welcome as losers have no place on the Hot Button. He takes a question from one of the press pool members: Is it true that Jordan Demiras cried like the pathetic paper champion that he is following getting beat by Michael Hotbody on Raw?

"That's an excellent question and one that you would think could only be answered by Demiras but he'd only lie and try to save face. Luckily, I was standing over his body after I had pinned him and I can tell you that there were indeed tears coming out of him. I think it had something to do with the realization that his time as champion is coming to an end and that he may need his mommy. We'll have to wait and see. Yes, you in the back, you have a question?"

"Yes, is it true that you have spent the last couple of days referring to Jordan Demiras as a whiner?"

"That is absolutely untrue and a complete misrepresentation of me. I have been referring to him and will continue to refer to him as a whiny little bitch. See, there's a difference and I hope you work to make sure only facts are reported. Next, who else has a question? Yes, you...."

"What about the role Zed Jones is playing in your career? Do you see him continuing at your side?"

"Hey, look. Zed does Zed. He's his own man. He has plans for his career that don't involve me. I don't know why people like to link us together. It's sick. But I do have a hot news item that should be very interesting and I hope Haven is listening. Zed has informed me that he wants to face Haven at Judgment Day so that it can be seen by everyone that there is nothing Zed is afraid of. The hocus pocus and mind games and what have you have NO BEARING on Zed Jones. In fact, I invite Haven to show himself right now and respond to this challenge. I dare him to come out right now! Come on out here!"

Everyone's attention is focused on the stage as they anticipate Haven making himself present. He eventually does after a bit of a way and some more taunting from Hotbody. Haven enters the ring and gets uncomfortably face-to-face with Hotbody. Hotbody doesn't seem too concerned but Haven takes the mic. "Before you get any of your hopes up, allow me to enlighten that empty soul of yours." He directs Hotbody to observe the giant screen which shows Zed Jones lying backstage face down. Haven continues, "You see, I've already accepted his challenge in my own way. I don't take part in the charades of others and I certainly don't get ordered around by pathetic worms like you. Perhaps I should demonstrate first hand what will happen if you decide to make a nuisance of yourself when I'm destroying your companion at Judgment Day?"

Hotbody takes a nervous gulp and starts to back away. "Well, uh...sir...Haven...MISTER Haven...You know, that's not really neces..." Hotbody jabs the mic into Haven's face and bails motioning the press pool to do the same. Haven glares at Hotbody as the segment ends.

Fifth Match: King Kavovit vs. Stone Walsh
Nothing major here. Just a solid match that puts another notch in the belt of Kavovit as he gets the win here. *****, 94% overall.

MAIN EVENT: Butch Fleming vs. Kerry Cemenko
Before the match, Cemenko informs us that he will be facing Xavier Cross at Judgment Day so we're getting a pretty stacked card next Sunday. Fleming mocks him because that nobody is going to have a better night because Fleming is taking the Unified World Title home. This is a heavyweight slugfest that comes to an end when Xavier Cross interjects, allowing Fleming to hit the Slaughterhouse Special for the win. Cross tries to gloat but Cemenko takes him down and they brawl around the ring. End of show! *****, 94% overall.

Overall show rating: 89%
Old 02-05-2021, 10:58 AM   #2825
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Updated Judgment Day Card:

WWE Unified World Title: Noah Carmichael (c) vs. Butch Fleming

WWE Intercontinental Title: Brandon Reigns (c) vs. Jake Connelly

WWE Cruiserweight Title (Falls Count Anywhere): Jordan Demiras (c) vs. Michael Hotbody

Haven vs. Zed Jones

Xavier Cross vs. Kerry Cemenko

Queen of Queens Match: Naomi Bailey vs. Faith Connors vs. Jenna Kyle vs. Hannah McCormick

Intercontinental Title Number One Contender Match: Salvatore Scabbia vs. Kyle Jacobs
Old 02-05-2021, 11:10 AM   #2826
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
Cage with his best Taylor Lautner impression.
Haha, if you can believe it, Cage was back in development around 2008-2009. He wasn't completely ripped though, his look is Vince's wet dream now and I can't imagine he wouldn't have pushed him to the moon long before he knew how to actually work.

And he's not just a roided up hoss either, guy is athletic as hell and does some cool stuff.
Old 02-05-2021, 11:15 AM   #2827
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

"Good solid tag team action to pop the crowd". 5 star match, 94% overall

THE BAR IS RAISED SO HIGH!!! hot damn. And my brain can't process a Jenna/Faith team.
Old 02-05-2021, 11:22 AM   #2828
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Sometimes I get writers block doing my show recaps because I'm booking a show in EWR to the closest extent I'm allowed to with the limitations.....then adding all the other details in my recaps, like people interfering in segments when in reality I booked it as a 1 vs 1 angle, etc.
Old 02-05-2021, 11:34 AM   #2829
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
"Good solid tag team action to pop the crowd". 5 star match, 94% overall

THE BAR IS RAISED SO HIGH!!! hot damn. And my brain can't process a Jenna/Faith team.
Pfft, yeah, 'solid' might have been underselling it just a tad.

Although something was definitely solid for that Faith/Jenna team-up.
Old 02-05-2021, 11:35 AM   #2830
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Sometimes I get writers block doing my show recaps because I'm booking a show in EWR to the closest extent I'm allowed to with the limitations.....then adding all the other details in my recaps, like people interfering in segments when in reality I booked it as a 1 vs 1 angle, etc.
When in doubt, just have somebody run in with a chair. I know the usual advice is have someone with a gun enter but we learned our lesson after that whole Pillman/Austin scenario.
Old 02-05-2021, 01:13 PM   #2831
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Oh, gee, you think?
Old 02-05-2021, 08:49 PM   #2832
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

I’m shocked, shocked I tell ya!
Old 02-06-2021, 12:24 AM   #2833
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

AEW Revolution
February 27, 2021

The Buy In: FTR vs. Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus)

FTR were back to doing what they do best: putting on excellent tag team matches (88% match quality in this one). Even on the buy-in show, this match followed the tried and true tag formula which stands the test of time as long as it's done well...FTR isolate Jungle Boy, eventually he makes the hot tag to Luchasaurus and the big guy runs wild.

Tully Blanchard starts to panic and can't help but get involved at ringside, leading to Marko Stunt trying to take the old man down as Cash and Jungle Boy join in on the outside. Luchasaurus has Dax down, but the ref is distracted with the mess outside the ring. Then - CRACK - Shawn Spears comes out of nowhere to waffle Luchasaurus in the back with a chair! Cash slides back in, FTR hit the Big Rig and Dax gets the pin. A former client of Tully Blanchard, we haven't seen Spears in two months! What is the meaning of this?
Winners: FTR
***1/4, 78% overall

"Hangman" Adam Page and Matt Hardy vs. The Dark Order (Evil Uno and Stu Grayson)

Hangman didn't ask for this match, Hangman didn't want this match, but Matt Hardy pulled some strings and it is so. The story of the match was the difference in approach: Hangman fighting a fair fight and Matt resorting to cheap tactics. Matt is of course completely oblivious to the fact that Hangman is not impressed with his antics, while Matt assumes Hangman wants to win at all costs. Finish eventually comes with Grayson out of the ring, Uno ducks a Buckshot Lariat, Matt quickly pushes Hangman into the ref, hits a low blow on Uno, and rolls him up with a tight hook for the cheap win.

Matt Hardy and Private Party celebrate as Hangman's all WTF was that. The Hardy Party start putting the boots to Dark Order for good measure. The rest of Dark Order run out for the save to send the Party scrambling. Dark Order look at Hangman disappointingly before leaving, leaving Hangman in the ring conflicted.
Winners: "Hangman" Adam Page and Matt Hardy
***, 77% overall

Just seeing this match typed out, man I'd really love to see this one. Hope Kong has one last run in her in real life. Kong's obviously got the size and strength advantage but Shida has the speed and technical ability to try to cut her down. In any event, like I'm gonna bring Kong back and put her into a huge program to lose. Awesome Bomb and Kong has put an end to Shida's 9 month title reign. Kong laughs maniacally and cuts off a lock of Shida's hair as a memento.
Winner and NEW AEW Women's World Champion: Awesome Kong
**3/4, 77%

Table Match: The Good Brothers vs. Jon Moxley and Rey Fenix

This is another one EWR was downright lazy with in the write-up, apparently making it a quick squash. I don't know about that, but I do think it would be a fast paced, wild brawl that spills around ringside and up the ramp. And I also think both members would have to go through the table before the match can end, and both teams continue to fight until that happens. I already have the spots in mind: Magic Killer on Fenix through a table, Paradigm Shift on Anderson through a table, and Fenix leaping off the stage and crashing through Gallows on a table. A fun, chaotic brawl.
Winners: Jon Moxley and Rey Fenix
***1/4, 79% overall

Eddie Kingston vs. Cody Rhodes

Eddie Kingston made a surprise AEW debut against Cody last July, and now they find themselves doing battle again. Kingston roughs up Cody something wicked but Cody finds his babyface fire before too long. You know wherever Eddie Kingston goes, The Family is sure to follow, and eventually The Butcher and The Blade are out there for the distraction while Allie sneaks in on the other side to kick Cody in the balls - our second dick shot of the night! Allie looks into the camera and blows a kiss into the camera directed to her pregnant former tag partner Brandi Rhodes at home...Backfist to the Future and Eddie Kingston has scored the biggest win of his AEW career!
Winner: Eddie Kingston
***, 79% overall

Orange Cassidy vs. Miro

Again, this match would have such an interesting dynamic in real life. PAC vs. Orange at last year's Revolution might be the closest comp that jumps to mind - a cold badass is unamused with Orange's antics but then finds he underestimated him when he gets going. But in any event, Miro hurt his two Best Friends and Orange is seeing red tonight. I think the crowd would eat this one up and they did in game as well (87% crowd reaction).

Ending sequence sees Miro finding himself on the outside, OC has the crowd in the palm of his hands like always, tucks his hands in his pockets for the huge pop and goes for the Suicide Dive only to get a Machka Kick to the head, knocking him out cold. Miro rolls Orange into the ring, locks in the Game Over and the ref seeing him unconscious calls for the bell!
Winner: Miro
***, 83% overall

Street Fight: Team Taz (Brian Cage and Ricky Starks) vs. Darby Allin and Sting

This was a total brawlfest that started outside the arena, migrated its way into a few closed off corridors of the arena, and then finally down the steps and into the ring for the closing sequence. I'm sure none of this was pre-recorded footage to help protect Sting, nope not at all!

Anyway, it didn't require much more than basic brawling from Sting. The crazy bastard Darby leaps with his skateboard off the top rope and crashes down into Cage who was laid out on the steel steps. Ricky Starks takes a baseball bat shot to the gut, Scorpion Deathdrop, Scorpion Deathlock, and the painted face warriors win!
Winners: Darby Allin and Sting
**3/4, 73% overall

(Crowd Reaction and Match Quality were both 74%. On one hand, a 74% reaction for a legend with 95 overness, not great....of the 4 in the match I think Starks' overness dragged them down considerably. On the other hand, 74% quality is way better than I could've hoped given the circumstances. And hey, Sting didn't hurt himself and his last match didn't have to be getting crippled by Seth Rollins!)

AEW World Tag Team Championships: The Inner Circle (Chris Jericho and Maxwell Jacob Friedman) vs. The Young Bucks (C)

Oh man, this match delivered in the biggest way and is giving the main event a really tough act to follow. All 4 guys are over so the 94% crowd reaction does not surprise me at all, Jericho and MJF can get pretty much instant heat whenever they want it. But the match quality was 91%, these guys seriously gelled and if the match is this good in real life it's a huge win.

Anyway, fast forward to the end of match hijinx when the Bucks start to run wild. Superkick Party to Wardlow off the apron. Matt Jackson planchas him for good measure. MJF grabs Nick, Jericho winds up for the Judas Effect, Nick ducks, Jericho lays out his partner! Superkick to Jericho, the Bucks both hit moonsaults on them and that's all she wrote, Bucks retain!
Winners and STILL AEW World Tag Team Champions: The Young Bucks
****1/4, 93% overall

AEW World Championship: "The Bastard" PAC vs. Kenny Omega (C)

Did I say the main event was going to have a hard act to follow? Spoiler alert: they were definitely up for the challenge. These two have put on absolute clinics in AEW before, and this match was no exception. Their styles are incredibly similar, the chemistry very apparent, an equal blend of hard hitting and high flying all behind the canvas of top notch storytelling.

After nearly 30 minutes of brutality, PAC has Kenny right where he wants him, down and positioned in front of the corner. BLACK ARROW! This should be it. 1...2...Don Callis puts Kenny's foot on the rope! The Invisible Hand strikes again! Referee Aubrey Edwards admonishes Callis and ejects him, but not before he left something for Kenny on the other corner of the ring. He's got brass knuckles! Omega cracks PAC in the jaw, not this way! Kenny picks up his lifeless body and hits the One Winged Angel to retain.
Winner and STILL AEW World Champion: Kenny Omega
*****, 94% overall.......and 100% MATCH QUALITY, holy fuck

83% Overall Show Rating
Old 02-06-2021, 03:55 AM   #2834
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Psshh...I can use fancy graphics for my PPVs, too...if I felt like it.

Quote:
AEW Revolution
February 27, 2021

The Buy In: FTR vs. Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus)

FTR were back to doing what they do best: putting on excellent tag team matches (88% match quality in this one). Even on the buy-in show, this match followed the tried and true tag formula which stands the test of time as long as it's done well...FTR isolate Jungle Boy, eventually he makes the hot tag to Luchasaurus and the big guy runs wild.

Tully Blanchard starts to panic and can't help but get involved at ringside, leading to Marko Stunt trying to take the old man down as Cash and Jungle Boy join in on the outside. Luchasaurus has Dax down, but the ref is distracted with the mess outside the ring. Then - CRACK - Shawn Spears comes out of nowhere to waffle Luchasaurus in the back with a chair! Cash slides back in, FTR hit the Big Rig and Dax gets the pin. A former client of Tully Blanchard, we haven't seen Spears in two months! What is the meaning of this?
Winners: FTR
***1/4, 78% overall
Tully Blanchard still being involved in wrestling in the 21st century is something I never thought possible. Of course if you really want to round out this whole dinosaur motif there's only one man for the job...

Quote:
"Hangman" Adam Page and Matt Hardy vs. The Dark Order (Evil Uno and Stu Grayson)

Hangman didn't ask for this match, Hangman didn't want this match, but Matt Hardy pulled some strings and it is so. The story of the match was the difference in approach: Hangman fighting a fair fight and Matt resorting to cheap tactics. Matt is of course completely oblivious to the fact that Hangman is not impressed with his antics, while Matt assumes Hangman wants to win at all costs. Finish eventually comes with Grayson out of the ring, Uno ducks a Buckshot Lariat, Matt quickly pushes Hangman into the ref, hits a low blow on Uno, and rolls him up with a tight hook for the cheap win.

Matt Hardy and Private Party celebrate as Hangman's all WTF was that. The Hardy Party start putting the boots to Dark Order for good measure. The rest of Dark Order run out for the save to send the Party scrambling. Dark Order look at Hangman disappointingly before leaving, leaving Hangman in the ring conflicted.
Winners: "Hangman" Adam Page and Matt Hardy
***, 77% overall
You take the win when you can, you pussy! A real man would be appreciate the honor of being used as a human shield so that your partner can punch another man in the balls!

Quote:

Just seeing this match typed out, man I'd really love to see this one. Hope Kong has one last run in her in real life. Kong's obviously got the size and strength advantage but Shida has the speed and technical ability to try to cut her down. In any event, like I'm gonna bring Kong back and put her into a huge program to lose. Awesome Bomb and Kong has put an end to Shida's 9 month title reign. Kong laughs maniacally and cuts off a lock of Shida's hair as a memento.
Winner and NEW AEW Women's World Champion: Awesome Kong
**3/4, 77%
Holy fuck, nine months? And of course you wouldn't do something that stupid. That's why you don't work for the WWE. Also, we need to fulfill the legal requirement of informing everyone that Kong does indeed kill bitches dead.

Quote:
Table Match: The Good Brothers vs. Jon Moxley and Rey Fenix

This is another one EWR was downright lazy with in the write-up, apparently making it a quick squash. I don't know about that, but I do think it would be a fast paced, wild brawl that spills around ringside and up the ramp. And I also think both members would have to go through the table before the match can end, and both teams continue to fight until that happens. I already have the spots in mind: Magic Killer on Fenix through a table, Paradigm Shift on Anderson through a table, and Fenix leaping off the stage and crashing through Gallows on a table. A fun, chaotic brawl.
Winners: Jon Moxley and Rey Fenix
***1/4, 79% overall
The game tends to go the squash route if one party is just way ahead of the other in terms of their over rating. The rating seems about right, though.

Quote:
Eddie Kingston vs. Cody Rhodes

Eddie Kingston made a surprise AEW debut against Cody last July, and now they find themselves doing battle again. Kingston roughs up Cody something wicked but Cody finds his babyface fire before too long. You know wherever Eddie Kingston goes, The Family is sure to follow, and eventually The Butcher and The Blade are out there for the distraction while Allie sneaks in on the other side to kick Cody in the balls - our second dick shot of the night! Allie looks into the camera and blows a kiss into the camera directed to her pregnant former tag partner Brandi Rhodes at home...Backfist to the Future and Eddie Kingston has scored the biggest win of his AEW career!
Winner: Eddie Kingston
***, 79% overall
What, do your guys have a dick shot quota to reach or something?
Quote:
Orange Cassidy vs. Miro

Again, this match would have such an interesting dynamic in real life. PAC vs. Orange at last year's Revolution might be the closest comp that jumps to mind - a cold badass is unamused with Orange's antics but then finds he underestimated him when he gets going. But in any event, Miro hurt his two Best Friends and Orange is seeing red tonight. I think the crowd would eat this one up and they did in game as well (87% crowd reaction).

Ending sequence sees Miro finding himself on the outside, OC has the crowd in the palm of his hands like always, tucks his hands in his pockets for the huge pop and goes for the Suicide Dive only to get a Machka Kick to the head, knocking him out cold. Miro rolls Orange into the ring, locks in the Game Over and the ref seeing him unconscious calls for the bell!
Winner: Miro
***, 83% overall
You could say he...

*puts on sunglasses*

....beat him to a pulp!

Quote:
Street Fight: Team Taz (Brian Cage and Ricky Starks) vs. Darby Allin and Sting

This was a total brawlfest that started outside the arena, migrated its way into a few closed off corridors of the arena, and then finally down the steps and into the ring for the closing sequence. I'm sure none of this was pre-recorded footage to help protect Sting, nope not at all!

Anyway, it didn't require much more than basic brawling from Sting. The crazy bastard Darby leaps with his skateboard off the top rope and crashes down into Cage who was laid out on the steel steps. Ricky Starks takes a baseball bat shot to the gut, Scorpion Deathdrop, Scorpion Deathlock, and the painted face warriors win!
Winners: Darby Allin and Sting
**3/4, 73% overall

(Crowd Reaction and Match Quality were both 74%. On one hand, a 74% reaction for a legend with 95 overness, not great....of the 4 in the match I think Starks' overness dragged them down considerably. On the other hand, 74% quality is way better than I could've hoped given the circumstances. And hey, Sting didn't hurt himself and his last match didn't have to be getting crippled by Seth Rollins!)
Oh, come on, Sting. You couldn't have hit him in the balls to complete the trifecta? I think the stats of everyone just canceled each other out here.

Quote:
AEW World Tag Team Championships: The Inner Circle (Chris Jericho and Maxwell Jacob Friedman) vs. The Young Bucks (C)

Oh man, this match delivered in the biggest way and is giving the main event a really tough act to follow. All 4 guys are over so the 94% crowd reaction does not surprise me at all, Jericho and MJF can get pretty much instant heat whenever they want it. But the match quality was 91%, these guys seriously gelled and if the match is this good in real life it's a huge win.

Anyway, fast forward to the end of match hijinx when the Bucks start to run wild. Superkick Party to Wardlow off the apron. Matt Jackson planchas him for good measure. MJF grabs Nick, Jericho winds up for the Judas Effect, Nick ducks, Jericho lays out his partner! Superkick to Jericho, the Bucks both hit moonsaults on them and that's all she wrote, Bucks retain!
Winners and STILL AEW World Tag Team Champions: The Young Bucks
****1/4, 93% overall
I'll be shocked if Jericho can pull something even remotely close to this rating in real life.

Quote:
AEW World Championship: "The Bastard" PAC vs. Kenny Omega (C)

Did I say the main event was going to have a hard act to follow? Spoiler alert: they were definitely up for the challenge. These two have put on absolute clinics in AEW before, and this match was no exception. Their styles are incredibly similar, the chemistry very apparent, an equal blend of hard hitting and high flying all behind the canvas of top notch storytelling.

After nearly 30 minutes of brutality, PAC has Kenny right where he wants him, down and positioned in front of the corner. BLACK ARROW! This should be it. 1...2...Don Callis puts Kenny's foot on the rope! The Invisible Hand strikes again! Referee Aubrey Edwards admonishes Callis and ejects him, but not before he left something for Kenny on the other corner of the ring. He's got brass knuckles! Omega cracks PAC in the jaw, not this way! Kenny picks up his lifeless body and hits the One Winged Angel to retain.
Winner and STILL AEW World Champion: Kenny Omega
*****, 94% overall.......and 100% MATCH QUALITY, holy fuck

83% Overall Show Rating

Why would the referee send Callis to the back? I didn't see him do anything.

But, yeah, seeing that 100% for your match quality feels so sweet whenever it happens. Off to a good start.
Old 02-06-2021, 09:37 AM   #2835
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Yeah, Jericho is basically a brawler at this stage which is why I thought his match with Moxley at last year’s Revolution was pretty good, and he had a good one against Orange Cassidy too where it was a good fight. But if he tries to out wrestle someone or do shit he was doing 20 years ago, it doesn’t go so well. The Bucks are speedy spot guys so it feels like a potential styles clash, but it actually blended in game.

Match will be happening in real life, it wasn’t even rumored when I booked it so hey, maybe my match results are feeding directly to Tony Khan.

The main though...damn. Their stats are so similar I had a hunch they’d have a classic but I didn’t know it’d be 100%. I have each guy’s next feud in mind but I’m still on the fence on which feud should have the belt. Not sure the game’s feud system will allow me to stretch this all the way out to my next actual PPV in May.
Old 02-06-2021, 10:15 AM   #2836
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
The main though...damn. Their stats are so similar I had a hunch they’d have a classic but I didn’t know it’d be 100%. I have each guy’s next feud in mind but I’m still on the fence on which feud should have the belt. Not sure the game’s feud system will allow me to stretch this all the way out to my next actual PPV in May.
If it's a minor feud, you can get away with it. If it's a major feud, it needs to have some sort of continuation on a big event otherwise you get penalized. I think the parties suffer a drop in overness but I'm not sure because I tend to not do major feuds.
Old 02-06-2021, 11:33 AM   #2837
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

I could find ways to carry it through my March and April large events since they’re not PPVs, I don’t have to go full bore. But I can’t remember if there’s a limit where Sophie’s gonna be like “OK, the crowd has CENA NUFF of this feud”
Old 02-06-2021, 11:59 AM   #2838
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Nah, I left my Carmichael/Fleming feud on 3.0 at 15 vs. 17 feud points, respectively and it was fine. You only really get shit if you overuse people on one show. It may be different for 4.2 but the safe bet would be to check what Sophie says when a feud is at 7 points per party.
Old 02-06-2021, 02:16 PM   #2839
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

That makes a lot of sense now I think about it - I always used to do WWE brand split games and found whenever I had a brand-exclusive PPV, whatever major feud I had on the other brand would suffer. That led to me largely disregarding the feud system entirely, but good to know that minor feuds you can still get away with it.
Old 02-06-2021, 09:02 PM   #2840
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

End of month notes:

Lance Archer, QT Marshall, Pres10 Vance, Riho, and Sting all have 3 months left on their deals, all have been extended.

Don Callis, Karl Anderson, and Thunder Rosa all inform me that they're increasing their per appearance rate by 10%.

The following birthdays occured this month: Lance Archer (44), Shawn Spears (40), Brian Cage (37), Serpentico (37), Penta El Zero Miedo (36), Aaron Solow (32), Santana (30), Ricky Starks (27), Terrell Hughes (26), Terrence Hughes (26), Baron Black (23), Shawn Dean (23)

Around the wrestling world: Gangrel, Kevin Matthews, Phil Atlas, and Yuki Ishikawa have announced that they will retire in a month.

---

PWInsider news:

AEW is not yet ready to migrate to a monthly PPV model. Right now, officials are happy keeping it to one big PPV event per quarter: Revolution in February, Double or Nothing in May, All Out in August, and Full Gear in November. The fear is that monthly PPVs will drive down demand and make those events feel less special.

But recognizing the demand for content to supplement Dynamite, AEW will be holding monthly special events meant to help bridge the gaps between PPV months.

The first such event, Blood and Guts, will be held on Saturday, March 27 at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ.

The Prudential Center was meant to receive a special Blood and Guts edition of Dynamite on March 25, 2020 before the COVID-19 pandemic shut everything down and moved Dynamite permanently into the Daily's Place in Jacksonville, FL.

Now that the vaccines have come out in rapid speed since February and the world is ready to resume normalcy, AEW decided to give the fans in New Jersey the show they missed.

Blood and Guts was meant to center around a War Games-style match featuring the Inner Circle and The Elite. When plans had to be cancelled, this match instead turned into a Stadium Stampede match in an empty TIAA Bank Stadium at Double or Nothing 2020, bringing the conclusion of the longstanding Inner Circle/Elite rivalry.

As most members of the Elite have gone their separate ways, it is not yet known who will compete in this Blood and Guts match, if it will be centered on a stable or if it will feature makeshit teams encompassing multiple storylines at once.