TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

View Poll Results: How does Samurai Shodown rate with you?
5 - Slices the competition. 0 0%
4 - A memorable showdown. 2 20.00%
3 - Gets cut up a bit. 1 10.00%
2 - Kind of dull. 0 0%
1 - It should commit seppuku 0 0%
Haven't played it. 7 70.00%
Voters: 10. You must log in or register to vote on this poll.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2023, 07:50 AM   #1
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Rate the Game: Week 159

Good morning, everyone. Perhaps around this time you're defrosting your turkeys and gathering your canned goods or hopping on a plane in preparation for the big holiday feast this week. Or maybe you're not American and do Thanksgiving some other time. Or you think it's stupid. Either way, you're all welcome here on Rate the Game, now in its 159th edition! I know I'm giddy about this one, especially when you consider how last week went down. Panzer Dragoon on the Sega Saturn got its turn under the microscope, and boy, howdy, did it get put through the ringer. It's going to earn itself a very special place on the leaderboard after all is said and done. Take a gander....

I suppose I should be grateful for the fastest editing I've ever had to do for the leaderboard in this entire run. History is once again made here on Rate the Game. A streak is finally broken, and not in a manner that deserves props and celebration. We have a NEW bottom of the barrel on the list as Panzer Dragoon racks up an impressive (?) 1.5 and claims its spot in the furthest you can get from the elite. Ghosts n' Goblins can breathe a side of relief as it's no longer the whipping boy of the bunch. A very surprising turn of events to say the least.

But that does raise a new question. Is it possible to get lower than that? Do we have something in the pile that raise the ire of the good people of TPWW enough to land even lower? What does the bowl have to say about this?

via GIPHY

It's moment of truth time. This week we go back to the fighting game arena with SNK making its first appearance here. SNK has a reputation, but how well is it going to fly here with this week's entry? It's the sword swinging slicefest known as Samurai Shodown! We've got a lot of strong contenders on the list as far as fighting games go and it'll be interesting to see how well this one stacks up. Does it have enough of a fight or is Panzer Dragoon destined to enjoy its spot for only one week? As always, it's all up to you and your thoughts. Let's put Samurai Shodown through the paces and see what comes of it. Until next week!

No matter what may happen to me, just remember Lzzy Hale gave me the bedroom eyes...

...again.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote