TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2021, 01:19 PM   #2921
Conspiracy Victim Vito
President of Freedonia
 
Conspiracy Victim Vito's Avatar
 
Posts: 49,774
Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
Third Match: Zed Jones vs. Jordan Demiras
We've been informed that Michael Hotbody is not allowed at ringside for the match...so naturally he sneaks up behind Demiras BEFORE the match starts and sends him into the ring steps and beats on him before heading to the back. Demiras insists on going through with the match. He gets his wish but Jones has quite the advantage and just overpowers the former champion. Demiras is fueled by rage however and won't go away easy. He manages enough of a comeback to hit a top rope Axe Kick and score the win. Hotbody IMMEDIATELY storms down to offer his congratulations and a chair so Demiras sit and rest but Demiras is too much of a klutz and he smacks into it with his head. Jones and Hotbody then notice a bunch of spiders all over Demiras' body and act quickly by stomping them over and over again. Hotbody may have saved Demiras from what sure could have been a medical disaster. ****1/2, 91% overall
Hotbody segments remain the most brilliant thing Hotbody is a paragon of virtue, spiders all over my body would make me convulse and probably have major heart palpitations, so I'd be all for getting stomped on.

Quote:
Backstage, Quentin McDaniels and Butch Fleming have gotten into a scuffle with Noah Carmichael and Haven. Everyone's yelling at each other, all laying claim to the Unified World Title. Lisa Benton arrives with officials and tells them all to settle down and shut up because she's going to rectify this issue right now. The main event at Night of Champions will be Butch Fleming defending the Unified World Title against Carmichael, McDaniels, AND Haven in a fatal four-way. She orders all of them to back down right now or she'll remove them from the match.
Fatal four way! That's going to be fire.

Quote:
It's a rough but even first few minutes as they go back and forth. The first decision comes after Faith counters an errant kick from Jenna into the Crisis of Faith to pick up the pin and go up 1-0.

11 minutes in and this time Jenna gets the upper hand throughout the most of the exchange. Faith has to resort to desperation moves to keep Jenna off her back. She manages to set up Jenna for a Mirror's Edge but Jenna follows her up and brings her off the top with a super belly-to-back suplex and that's enough to stun Faith for Jenna to hit a Kyle Driver to tie things up at 1-1.

We're down to the last 5 minutes and the intensity picks up. Faith decides to play things smart and stay grounded which throws Jenna off a tad. She's eventually able to adapt and latches in her Boston Crab in the closing moments. Faith refuses to tap and it looks like we may be going into overtime but Faith makes the ropes and Jenna lets go not wanting to give up another fall. She looks for the Kyle Driver but Faith escapes and slings Jenna into the ropes and then follows up with a 6-1-9 of all things! Faith then launches off of Jenna's body and springboards off the top rope to hit the Mirror's Edge to go up 2-1 and time expires. ******, 100% overall, piece in the Middle East is achieved, all the men had erections and all the women were ovulating, left and right.

Post-match, we get an apparent face turn from Jenna as she goes through with a handshake as we go off the air.
Conspiracy Victim Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 01:43 PM   #2922
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.
 
M-A-G's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,990
M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
Hotbody segments remain the most brilliant thing Hotbody is a paragon of virtue, spiders all over my body would make me convulse and probably have major heart palpitations, so I'd be all for getting stomped on.



Fatal four way! That's going to be fire.



Hotbody showing a lot of depth to his character by showing his compassion and quick thinking skills. I mean, imagine if all of those spiders had bitten Demiras! Isn't the rule the smaller the deadlier? It really is quite amazing how selfless Hotbody can be.

I feel kind of dirty doing another four-way immediately after a PPV where I had a four-way as a featured match. I was looking to make Seth Von Kamp the next contender, give Carmichael some time off, and do Haven vs. McDaniels but then that made King of the Ring and SummerSlam a bit troublesome. Ultimately this was the best I could think of after debating in my head.

I imagine that image was a generalization of how everyone at home watching felt, Scott Keith included. It's my normal state of being whenever I gaze at Jenna for prolonged periods of time. Speaking of which....

M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 01:43 PM   #2923
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.
 
M-A-G's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,990
M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
I now instantly regret not calling it an Iron Maiden Match. It'd go pretty much the same except the match would end two minutes to midnight.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 01:46 PM   #2924
Conspiracy Victim Vito
President of Freedonia
 
Conspiracy Victim Vito's Avatar
 
Posts: 49,774
Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'll always mark out for a good Iron Maiden reference
Conspiracy Victim Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:32 AM   #2925
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.
 
M-A-G's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,990
M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Superstars: June 14, 2040

Opening Match: Ozzy Mandias vs. Bill Crockett
Ooh, there's some rough crowd reaction on this one. Fortunately, their work rate more than compensates because of course it does. Romeo Valiente, who is at ringside, can't contain his frustration with Ozzy enough to stay out of things but sadly, he screws up his attempted shenanigans and that allows Ozzy to nail the Blizzard of Oz for the pin. ****1/2, 85% overall.

It's time for another riveting edition of The Hot Button with everyone's favorite host, the WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Former Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody. He wants to update everyone on the condition of Jordan Demiras. Granted he's in rough shape right now which prevents him from being here but things could have turned out a lot worse if Zed Jones and Hotbody hadn't gotten rid of those spiders that somehow managed to get on Demiras on Raw. There are some serious pest control issues that need to be addressed but the so-called 'great' and 'illustrious' boss the WWE has is too busy eyeballing her next bedroom conquest to worry about important things like making sure the talent is safe from dangerous pests. Jordan Demiras could have suffered a severe allergic reaction if Hotbody hadn't been there!!! Then he wouldn't have been able to go on to Night of Champions and suffer another humiliating loss to the greatest Cruiserweight Champion this company has had in years! But we can worry about that later because right now the skinny that The Hot Button was able to learn was that Lisa Benton herself was seen entering Jordan Demiras' hospital room where they apparently spent quite a good amount of time alone together! That's why we're here tonight to finally uncover the truth! Hotbody is welcoming to the Hot Button right here and now, LISA BENTON!

Benton begrudgingly makes her way out to take part in the absurdity and locks eyes with Hotbody, who is smiling from ear to ear. "Alright, boss, you know why I'm calling you out. Now, I know being a scummy suit your first instinct is going to be to deny all of the accusations or even get physical rather than address the issue but I've got you and Demiras cold. These aren't just wild accusations some nut is throwing around. We here at the Hot Button have managed to secure ACTUAL VIDEO TAPE EVIDENCE of you entering the hospital room where conveniently Jordan Demiras was recovering from what happened on Raw. You look surprised! Well, why don't we just let everyone see for themselves. ROLL THAT BEAUTIFUL BEAN FOOTAGE!"

The big screen shifts to black and white security footage that shows a hospital hallway with various people walking up and down its length. After about 15 seconds or so, Lisa Benton does indeed appear and enters a room, closing the door behind her. Hotbody insists it gets played over on a loop while he continues. "The truth is in the pudding! You can't deny it anymore! I always knew you were screwy. I just didn't know how much you enjoyed getting scre...."

"OK, enough!" Benton interrupts. "It looks like there's no sense in carrying on any sort of charade. I guess I can open up and talk about this. Jordan Demiras, if you're watching this, I only hope you can forgive me because I know you wanted to keep it quiet at least for the time being."

Hotbody leaps up and down, unable to contain his glee. "I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!!! Come on! Let's hear the details! What exactly went down in that room?"

"Well, honestly, I wasn't sure what I was going to do when I walked in. I saw Jordan just lying there in so much pain. I mean, it's my responsibility to look after the talent under my watch. When he noticed my presence it didn't take long for him to collect himself and ask that we get down to business. I was unsure at first but he insisted because he had a special demand. When I heard him out, the thing he asked for and the things he was planning on doing, a small part of me was telling me to leave the room and let sleeping dogs lie. But there was another part of me that had actually thought about his request before and wanted to see it come to fruition. After we talked about it for a while, he made one last plea. Would I grant him his request? I closed my eyes and paused briefly for a moment, considering the consequences, but ultimately I said...'YES! YES! Yes, Jordan I will accept your proposition....I WILL make your match against Hotbody a steel cage match!"

The smile on Hotbody's face vanishes and is replaced with a horrified, pale expression. Benton gets in his face and simply says, "Like you said on Raw: no questions asked." We go to break as Benton leaves Hotbody stunned.

Backstage, Fantasee is with Frankie who wants to rip Carmella Costello a new one. Carmella had better learn to accept that Frankie will never buy into Carmella's mindset of the world revolving around her and that leaving her side was the best decision she ever made.


Second Match: Quentin McDaniels vs. Stone Walsh
All three of the challengers to the Unified World Title will be in action tonight. McDaniels is up first here and delivers a good showing taking time every so often to issue threats to the other participants via the camera. He cheats to win via using the ropes in the end and BUILDS MOMENTUM for Night of Champions. *****, 94% overall.


Third Match: Jesse Capalbo vs. Jerome McDougal
Not much in the way of heat but still enough to not get hurt by the previous match. This is all about McDougal looking good and me justifying Aaron Ramsey's paycheck as the two use their treachery to eek out a victory for McDougal. ****1/4, 84% overall.

Backstage, Noah Carmichael is going through emotions and wants us all to help him get through it. He wants all of us to be there for him when he bashes Quentin McDaniels' face in, over and over and over again. He wants all of us to understand him when he has to take out Haven and deny him the Unified World Title. And most importantly he wants all of us to share his joy when Butch Fleming lies at Carmichael's feet, broken, sorry, pathetic, and no longer champion.

Fourth Match: The Morris Cousins vs. The Wasteland
Back in form for the Wasteland as they need to recover from being rag dolls for Hugo. Plus it's awesome tag team action so pluses all around. The Wasteland hit Lyle Morris with the Toxic Kiss to pick up the win. *****, 95% overall.

Fifth Match: Haven vs. Clubber Harris
It's Haven's turn at the barrel and he appears unfazed by Carmichael's comments earlier. This is just an awesome heavyweight slugfest that of course is all about Haven making a statement. He gets the pin after the Sting of Solace and BUILDS MOMENTUM himself. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Sixth Match: Jamie Roderick vs. Arianna
I realized I haven't been using these guys that often which is yet another good argument for a women's tag division. Roderick is just so good to waste, I feel bad sometimes. So let her get a win here I say! She slaps on the Roderick Legacy after a kick ass bout for the submission. *****, 95% overall.

Backstage, Vivian Merrick is still struggling to talk through her jaw injury. She's faring better as she joins her clients, the Future Foundation in bad mouthing the Play Pals, calling them nothing but man-children who got lucky in getting another crack at the gold. The Future Foundation will finish the job at Night of Champions.

MAIN EVENT: Noah Carmichael vs. Lonny Richards
Probably Richards' most high profile match to date, which Nathan Quinn espouses as proof that kicking Caleb Greene to the curb was the right move. Carmichael is all business and takes the fight to Richards. It's a nice back and forth heavyweight style match so of course Butch Fleming has to be the asshole who ruins it by running in to attack Carmichael for the DQ. Caleb Greene runs in to try to get things evened out but the faces are unable to overcome and gets laid out. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Overall show rating: 90%
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:17 AM   #2926
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.
 
M-A-G's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,990
M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
I trust Vito is hard at work trying to get Paul Wight to sign with him.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:49 PM   #2927
Conspiracy Victim Vito
President of Freedonia
 
Conspiracy Victim Vito's Avatar
 
Posts: 49,774
Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The writers handling the Hotbody/Demiras/Benton angle need a huge raise. Benton stringing him along with innuendo is priceless
Conspiracy Victim Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:57 PM   #2928
Conspiracy Victim Vito
President of Freedonia
 
Conspiracy Victim Vito's Avatar
 
Posts: 49,774
Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
I trust Vito is hard at work trying to get Paul Wight to sign with him.
Strangely, Big Show was not among those selected for the massive WWE layoffs. Looking at their roster they've still got him on a written deal as a non-wrestler. Ring stats are terrible as you'd expect, but with 85 overness and 85 charisma, I'd have had no problem making him one of the legends I keep on an open deal for occasional appearances to put guys over. As we know, beatdowns on legends makes for some easy heat.

My rule with legends is they should always be used to elevate the current talent in one form or another. Angles being the most common way but if there is a scenario where they get pressed into ring duty, the purpose needs to be putting someone else over. If they're gonna win a match it should be a tag match putting over their partner (Sting/Darby) OR a legend could feasibly win via interference continuing a feud between two active competitors.

But there should never be a case where a legend comes in and gets over at the expense of everyone else, brother.
Conspiracy Victim Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:20 PM   #2929
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.
 
M-A-G's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,990
M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
The writers handling the Hotbody/Demiras/Benton angle need a huge raise. Benton stringing him along with innuendo is priceless
Were this the WWE, Vince would've given himself an aneurism raging over the number of the times the word 'hospital' was uttered followed with Hotbody jobbing to everyone under the sun including a rehired Marty Jannety. The Cruiserweight Title is eventually forgotten and no more angles are done where someone might need medical attention in fear of the dreaded 'h' word being dropped by a careless slip.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:25 PM   #2930
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.
 
M-A-G's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,990
M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
Strangely, Big Show was not among those selected for the massive WWE layoffs. Looking at their roster they've still got him on a written deal as a non-wrestler. Ring stats are terrible as you'd expect, but with 85 overness and 85 charisma, I'd have had no problem making him one of the legends I keep on an open deal for occasional appearances to put guys over. As we know, beatdowns on legends makes for some easy heat.

My rule with legends is they should always be used to elevate the current talent in one form or another. Angles being the most common way but if there is a scenario where they get pressed into ring duty, the purpose needs to be putting someone else over. If they're gonna win a match it should be a tag match putting over their partner (Sting/Darby) OR a legend could feasibly win via interference continuing a feud between two active competitors.

But there should never be a case where a legend comes in and gets over at the expense of everyone else, brother.
Should he be available, though, how much of a shake up would it be as a member of the roster? Short of signing John Cena it'd be hard pressed to find someone who would be viewed as the biggest outsider heel from the big, bad WWE. A team up with Jericho to recreate their old partnership to help put over another team would be at the top of my list but that's just me. I legit don't remember ever using Paul Wight in my promotion when I started out way back when so I'm not exactly the greatest consultant in this regard...or any other regard for that matter.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:52 PM   #2931
Conspiracy Victim Vito
President of Freedonia
 
Conspiracy Victim Vito's Avatar
 
Posts: 49,774
Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
With his charisma I think he'd settle in well as an announcer which, coincidentally, is what AEW is doing with him in real life. Not sure if non-wrestlers can hold second jobs as announcers like wrestlers and managers can, though.

In terms of angles I think his best value would be to help put over some of the company's big guys, but online people are split on whether it's a good idea or not.

People forget there's a big difference between WWE big and everywhere else big. When Drew McIntyre got released and went to the indies at 6'5", 265 lbs he looked so much bigger than most of the people he wrestled. He goes back to WWE and now looks par for the course.

Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose is 6'2" which was not anything special in WWE land despite being big by normal life standards. FTR/The Revival are 5'10", 225 lbs each and didn't look remotely big in WWE, in fact some people on this board called them vanilla midgets. In AEW? They seem like a couple of thick dudes and heavy hitters.

In EWR land, Wardlow would absolutely get over by beating down Wight just on the overness discrepancy alone. But in real life? Wardlow is a company "big guy" at 6'3" and built like a brick shithouse...does standing him toe to toe with thew 7' giant in Wight kill his image?

As someone who doesn't care about height, Wardlow press slamming Wight would make me mark out and make me think it helps legitimize him. But for the many people on this board who get hung up on size and think the lack of focus on size outside of WWE makes everything else seem minor league, they'd think it would just bury Wight and make it all look like a farce. It's all a matter of perspective.
Conspiracy Victim Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:34 AM   #2932
Conspiracy Victim Vito
President of Freedonia
 
Conspiracy Victim Vito's Avatar
 
Posts: 49,774
Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
[QUOTE=Conspiracy Victim Vito;5428011]Tonight's results are sponsored by Brandi Rhodes, Penelope Ford, and Britt Baker's pool party



AEW Dark: March 30, 2021:
-Ricky Starks def. QT Marshall
-Scorpio Sky def. jack Evans
-Chuck Taylor def. Brian Pillman Jr.
-Awesome Kong def. Shanna
-The Young Bucks def. Bad Romance


AEW Dynamite: March 31, 2021

Segment 1:

We open up in a conference room for another town hall featuring the losing Blood and Guts team and their associated stables. Kenny Omega and Don Callis are trying to keep this huge group of baddies on the same page despite Blood and Guts being over and Kenny being the one to surrender. Don Callis tells the group that the record book does not tell the whole story. Kenny Omega, as the reigning AEW World champion and best wrestler in the world, has to protect his interests. He was making a savvy business decision and he'd expect anybody else in the room to do the same thing under those circumstances.

As Kenny and Callis continue to talk Omega up, the group slowly but surely start exiting the room, leaving the pair bragging in an empty conference room. And so ends the Legion of Doom. 87% overall


Segment 2:

It's the in ring return of the Galaxy's Greatest Alien Kris Statlander, fresh off of her surprise return on Saturday. She's facing the woman she faced last summer in the match she got injured - Penelope Ford. There's some commotion outside the ring between their seconds, so as to allow Orange Cassidy and Miro to continue their feud...but in-ring it's essentially a showcase for Statlander to get everyone re-acquainted with her. Big Bang Theory gets Kris the win. **1/2, 67% overall


Segment 3:

Taz is backstage with Brian Cage. Now that they got out of that bullshit Omega meeting, time for more pressing matters - Darby Allin, we're still not done here. You have unfinished business with The Machine and don't have Sting around to back you up this time. Your time as TNT champion is coming to an end. 74% overall...hmm, Darby and Cage are over, the feud is hot, Taz not at the same level of overness but he can talk unlike Cage or Darby, figured charisma would win out over overness but guess not, strange algorithms


Segment 4:

Fresh off of clinching a #1 contendership opportunity at Blood and Guts, Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian were in action against TH2. Mid-match, FTR and Shawn Spears walked out onto the stage and observed while Tully Blanchard stepped on commentary for a few minutes and called bullshit that AEW did a #1 contendership match pulling names out of a hat when his clients weren't eligible since they had another match that night. It's an injustice as everyone knows FTR are the best team in the division.

FTR played no part in the actual match though, which, by the way, was fucking awesome. Daniels and Kazarian can still go and Daniels continues to do things a man his age shouldn't be able to. Angel's Wings on Jack Evans ends it. ****1/4, 86% overall


Segment 5:

We're backstage for an interview with Cody Rhodes, still sporting a bandaged forehead having needed to get stitched up after getting busted wide open at Blood and Guts. If the injuries were a price to pay to honor the legacy of dad by being in the match he built, so be it. It was one of the proudest moments of his car......WHACK! Eddie Kingston has jumped Cody! Clubs his with rights and lefts and throws him face first into one of the big metal cargo boxes backstage.

Officials and the Natural Nightmares hit the room to back Kingston away while the cameras pan to Cody whose stitch job has been busted back open. 92% overall


Segment 6:

Adam Page, sporting a brand new Dark Order-themed t-shirt now available at ShopAEW.com, is in action against one of Matt Hardy's cohorts in the Hardy Party, Marq Quen. Matt Hardy on commentary gets grilled by the announcers for welching on his bet, and Hardy gets defensive.

Solid athletic contest from the two in the ring but there was only one outcome here - Hangman wins with the Buckshot Lariat that Quen does a full flip sell on for good measure. He gets the win. Hardy and Isisah Kassidy jump into the ring and corner Hangman but The Dark Order run out for the save again. ***, 76% overall


Segment 7:

Hangman gets some celebratory beers and also a microphone. "Matt, you know what you did on Saturday. A contract is only as good as the people signing it, so since you signed it, no wonder it was full of shit."

Matt gets defensive again, citing the fine print in the contract and calling Hangman's claims outrageous, egregious, and preposterous. Now that Hangman's offended him, it's time to make Dark Order pay. He challenges Hangman to pick one of his Dark Order dorks to face him next week. 87% overall


Segment 8:

It's *gasp* the second women's match of the evening! Dr. Britt Baker faces off against Riho. Announcers mention that neither Awesome Kong nor Hikaru Shida are here tonight after their brutal Kendo Stick match on Saturday, and that this match could go a long way toward determining who will be stepping up to Kong next. Baker and Riho have themselves a solid little match that sees Reba pull a turnbuckle off the middle rope which Baker uses to slingshot Riho into and then get a cheap rollup victory. ***, 74% overall


Segment 9:

Our final match of the evening. Despite being in a war just days ago, PAC and Jon Moxley refused a night off and insisted on being booked for action tonight, and they were paired off against Eddie Kingston's right hand men The Butcher and The Blade. The overness discrepancy between the teams meant it was a pretty short write up, but Mox and PAC are so over it didn't destroy the segment rating. I imagine this was a fairly brisk, chaotic brawl ending with Mox pinning Blade following the Paradigm Shift. ***1/4, 81% overall


Segment 10:

Mox and PAC each grab mics after the match. Both of them want Kenny Omega. Mox still never received a rematch for the AEW World Title, and PAC not only got screwed in his opportunity but he made Omega surrender like a bitch on Saturday, so he deserves another go at it to. If Kenny doesn't agree to give them the shots they deserve, he'll need to watch his back.

But perhaps Mox and PAC should've been watching their own backs as they were jumped by Kenny and "The Machine Gun" Karl Anderson. We haven't seen Karl since losing to Moxley in a tag team tables match at Revolution. The heels take advantage of the faces having lingering injuries Saturday and coming off of a physical match tonight, and the faces are left down and out. 86% overall


Segment 11:

"Judas" by Fozzy hits and out come the Inner Circle for what was promoted as their farewell address.

Jericho explains his reasoning for disbanding the group. The Inner Circle was founded on the very first episode and for much of AEW's history they've been the most dominating faction in the company. But things have slid over the past months. He saw the infighting and the dissension in the ranks. He saw the results not coming up the way they wanted to.

He threatened to break the group up two months ago, but relented and hoped he could find a way to make it work. When he made the ultimatum that it was more gold for the Inner Circle or bust, that was the final test he needed to see if the group could still thrive.

He's got a lot to say to everyone in this ring. To the original members of the group - Sammy, I picked you because you reminded me of me in my mid 20s, and I can see how bright your future will be. Jake, you and I have been down the road in other places before, I know you've dabbled with MMA but I brought you hear because I knew there was so much more you could give to the wrestling business. Santana and Ortiz, I think you're going to end up being the best team in this company, and I feel like shit that I let my own ego get in the way of giving you the tag title shot you deserved.

He then turns to MJF and his bodyguard Wardlow. "Max, this group all went to hell on November 7, 2020...the day I let you join the Inner Circle. We were doing fine with just the five of us, I should have my head examined for ever considering letting someone else in.

Don't get me wrong, you're a hell of a talent, and I mean no disrespect - but you're an asshole. You were an asshole when you joined, a bigger asshole since you've been here, and you'll probably become an even bigger asshole in the future. And you know what? I like that about you. Sometimes you have to rub people the wrong way to get in this business. But there's no way we can continue this group without you.

Look guys, I'm getting kinda schmaltzy on you all, but the point is this - we're all incredible talents. Staying together will just hold us back. I think I need to hit the road for a while and do some self-reflection, but I want you guys to start next week as a clean slate, and I know you'll make me proud. I've got some bubbly in the back for us to enjoy our last night together, but let's flip off the camera one last time for old time's sake."



The group all hug it out after the finger as Judas plays again. Santana and Ortiz are the first to exit the ring and start heading up the ramp. Then Jake Hager, then Sammy Guevara. Jericho waves to the crowd from the turnbuckle, hops down, turns around, WARDLOW LEVELS HIM WITH A LARIAT! MJF then walks over the Jericho and locks him in the Salt of the Earth.

The other four rush back down to the ring and back off Wardlow/MJF. It's a 4 on 2 staredown, until all of a sudden, all 6 of them start stomping a mudhole into Jericho! What in the world! Jericho eats a bunch of finishers and is left dead in the ring with the other 6 men giving him the middle finger as we go off the air. 97% overall


83% show rating
Conspiracy Victim Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:36 AM   #2933
Conspiracy Victim Vito
President of Freedonia
 
Conspiracy Victim Vito's Avatar
 
Posts: 49,774
Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Behind the velvet rope EWR pick...here's what happens in-game when the leader gets booted from a stable

Conspiracy Victim Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 02:31 AM   #2934
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.
 
M-A-G's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,990
M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
Behind the velvet rope EWR pick...here's what happens in-game when the leader gets booted from a stable

Go home, game, you're drunk.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 05:00 AM   #2935
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.
 
M-A-G's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,990
M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)M-A-G got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
[QUOTE=Conspiracy Victim Vito;5430155]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
Tonight's results are sponsored by Brandi Rhodes, Penelope Ford, and Britt Baker's pool party


I mean....I fucking hate you....That's another one-handed session we're looking at here.

Quote:
AEW Dark: March 30, 2021:
-Ricky Starks def. QT Marshall
-Scorpio Sky def. jack Evans
-Chuck Taylor def. Brian Pillman Jr.
-Awesome Kong def. Shanna
-The Young Bucks def. Bad Romance
Awesome Kong's continuing murders of bitches is only exacerbating the problem.

Quote:
AEW Dynamite: March 31, 2021

Segment 1:

We open up in a conference room for another town hall featuring the losing Blood and Guts team and their associated stables. Kenny Omega and Don Callis are trying to keep this huge group of baddies on the same page despite Blood and Guts being over and Kenny being the one to surrender. Don Callis tells the group that the record book does not tell the whole story. Kenny Omega, as the reigning AEW World champion and best wrestler in the world, has to protect his interests. He was making a savvy business decision and he'd expect anybody else in the room to do the same thing under those circumstances.

As Kenny and Callis continue to talk Omega up, the group slowly but surely start exiting the room, leaving the pair bragging in an empty conference room. And so ends the Legion of Doom. 87% overall
NOOO! Not the end of the Legion of Doom! Callis is such an awesome douche, though.

Quote:
Segment 2:

It's the in ring return of the Galaxy's Greatest Alien Kris Statlander, fresh off of her surprise return on Saturday. She's facing the woman she faced last summer in the match she got injured - Penelope Ford. There's some commotion outside the ring between their seconds, so as to allow Orange Cassidy and Miro to continue their feud...but in-ring it's essentially a showcase for Statlander to get everyone re-acquainted with her. Big Bang Theory gets Kris the win. **1/2, 67% overall
I mean, the Big Bang Theory. That's just such a fucking awesome name. There may be something to this Kris Statlander.

Quote:
Segment 3:

Taz is backstage with Brian Cage. Now that they got out of that bullshit Omega meeting, time for more pressing matters - Darby Allin, we're still not done here. You have unfinished business with The Machine and don't have Sting around to back you up this time. Your time as TNT champion is coming to an end. 74% overall...hmm, Darby and Cage are over, the feud is hot, Taz not at the same level of overness but he can talk unlike Cage or Darby, figured charisma would win out over overness but guess not, strange algorithms
Yeah, every so often the game doesn't seem to care about a person's charisma rating. I've had times where people in their nineties deliver a segment that only gets like 80% or so. Other factors might include their attributes like Superstar Look. Also TNT Champion is a nice little name.

Quote:
Segment 4:

Fresh off of clinching a #1 contendership opportunity at Blood and Guts, Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian were in action against TH2. Mid-match, FTR and Shawn Spears walked out onto the stage and observed while Tully Blanchard stepped on commentary for a few minutes and called bullshit that AEW did a #1 contendership match pulling names out of a hat when his clients weren't eligible since they had another match that night. It's an injustice as everyone knows FTR are the best team in the division.

FTR played no part in the actual match though, which, by the way, was fucking awesome. Daniels and Kazarian can still go and Daniels continues to do things a man his age shouldn't be able to. Angel's Wings on Jack Evans ends it. ****1/4, 86% overall
It's weird because I don't think the games in the beginning gave high stats to Kazarian. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Regardless, screw it. Use them for them snowflakes!

Quote:

Segment 5:

We're backstage for an interview with Cody Rhodes, still sporting a bandaged forehead having needed to get stitched up after getting busted wide open at Blood and Guts. If the injuries were a price to pay to honor the legacy of dad by being in the match he built, so be it. It was one of the proudest moments of his car......WHACK! Eddie Kingston has jumped Cody! Clubs his with rights and lefts and throws him face first into one of the big metal cargo boxes backstage.

Officials and the Natural Nightmares hit the room to back Kingston away while the cameras pan to Cody whose stitch job has been busted back open. 92% overall
FIRST BLOOD MATCH!!!

Quote:
Segment 6:

Adam Page, sporting a brand new Dark Order-themed t-shirt now available at ShopAEW.com, is in action against one of Matt Hardy's cohorts in the Hardy Party, Marq Quen. Matt Hardy on commentary gets grilled by the announcers for welching on his bet, and Hardy gets defensive.

Solid athletic contest from the two in the ring but there was only one outcome here - Hangman wins with the Buckshot Lariat that Quen does a full flip sell on for good measure. He gets the win. Hardy and Isisah Kassidy jump into the ring and corner Hangman but The Dark Order run out for the save again. ***, 76% overall
BAH GAWD! ADAM PAGE PULLED A MICK FOLEY WITH A CHEAP PLUG!!! DOES HE HAVE NO SHAME? DOES HE HAVE NO DECENCY??!?

Quote:

Segment 7:

Hangman gets some celebratory beers and also a microphone. "Matt, you know what you did on Saturday. A contract is only as good as the people signing it, so since you signed it, no wonder it was full of shit."

Matt gets defensive again, citing the fine print in the contract and calling Hangman's claims outrageous, egregious, and preposterous. Now that Hangman's offended him, it's time to make Dark Order pay. He challenges Hangman to pick one of his Dark Order dorks to face him next week. 87% overall
Good ol' fashioned stable wars. I love it.

Quote:
Segment 8:

It's *gasp* the second women's match of the evening! Dr. Britt Baker faces off against Riho. Announcers mention that neither Awesome Kong nor Hikaru Shida are here tonight after their brutal Kendo Stick match on Saturday, and that this match could go a long way toward determining who will be stepping up to Kong next. Baker and Riho have themselves a solid little match that sees Reba pull a turnbuckle off the middle rope which Baker uses to slingshot Riho into and then get a cheap rollup victory. ***, 74% overall
I mean, is the chance of being the next bitch Kong murders really worth fighting over?

Quote:
Segment 9:

Our final match of the evening. Despite being in a war just days ago, PAC and Jon Moxley refused a night off and insisted on being booked for action tonight, and they were paired off against Eddie Kingston's right hand men The Butcher and The Blade. The overness discrepancy between the teams meant it was a pretty short write up, but Mox and PAC are so over it didn't destroy the segment rating. I imagine this was a fairly brisk, chaotic brawl ending with Mox pinning Blade following the Paradigm Shift. ***1/4, 81% overall


Segment 10:

Mox and PAC each grab mics after the match. Both of them want Kenny Omega. Mox still never received a rematch for the AEW World Title, and PAC not only got screwed in his opportunity but he made Omega surrender like a bitch on Saturday, so he deserves another go at it to. If Kenny doesn't agree to give them the shots they deserve, he'll need to watch his back.

But perhaps Mox and PAC should've been watching their own backs as they were jumped by Kenny and "The Machine Gun" Karl Anderson. We haven't seen Karl since losing to Moxley in a tag team tables match at Revolution. The heels take advantage of the faces having lingering injuries Saturday and coming off of a physical match tonight, and the faces are left down and out. 86% overall
You busting out a fatal four-way, too?

Quote:
Segment 11:

"Judas" by Fozzy hits and out come the Inner Circle for what was promoted as their farewell address.

Jericho explains his reasoning for disbanding the group. The Inner Circle was founded on the very first episode and for much of AEW's history they've been the most dominating faction in the company. But things have slid over the past months. He saw the infighting and the dissension in the ranks. He saw the results not coming up the way they wanted to.

He threatened to break the group up two months ago, but relented and hoped he could find a way to make it work. When he made the ultimatum that it was more gold for the Inner Circle or bust, that was the final test he needed to see if the group could still thrive.

He's got a lot to say to everyone in this ring. To the original members of the group - Sammy, I picked you because you reminded me of me in my mid 20s, and I can see how bright your future will be. Jake, you and I have been down the road in other places before, I know you've dabbled with MMA but I brought you hear because I knew there was so much more you could give to the wrestling business. Santana and Ortiz, I think you're going to end up being the best team in this company, and I feel like shit that I let my own ego get in the way of giving you the tag title shot you deserved.

He then turns to MJF and his bodyguard Wardlow. "Max, this group all went to hell on November 7, 2020...the day I let you join the Inner Circle. We were doing fine with just the five of us, I should have my head examined for ever considering letting someone else in.

Don't get me wrong, you're a hell of a talent, and I mean no disrespect - but you're an asshole. You were an asshole when you joined, a bigger asshole since you've been here, and you'll probably become an even bigger asshole in the future. And you know what? I like that about you. Sometimes you have to rub people the wrong way to get in this business. But there's no way we can continue this group without you.

Look guys, I'm getting kinda schmaltzy on you all, but the point is this - we're all incredible talents. Staying together will just hold us back. I think I need to hit the road for a while and do some self-reflection, but I want you guys to start next week as a clean slate, and I know you'll make me proud. I've got some bubbly in the back for us to enjoy our last night together, but let's flip off the camera one last time for old time's sake."



The group all hug it out after the finger as Judas plays again. Santana and Ortiz are the first to exit the ring and start heading up the ramp. Then Jake Hager, then Sammy Guevara. Jericho waves to the crowd from the turnbuckle, hops down, turns around, WARDLOW LEVELS HIM WITH A LARIAT! MJF then walks over the Jericho and locks him in the Salt of the Earth.

The other four rush back down to the ring and back off Wardlow/MJF. It's a 4 on 2 staredown, until all of a sudden, all 6 of them start stomping a mudhole into Jericho! What in the world! Jericho eats a bunch of finishers and is left dead in the ring with the other 6 men giving him the middle finger as we go off the air. 97% overall


83% show rating
LOL @ the swerve. Is this a face turn for Jericho, though?
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:19 AM   #2936
Conspiracy Victim Vito
President of Freedonia
 
Conspiracy Victim Vito's Avatar
 
Posts: 49,774
Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Conspiracy Victim Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
It's one of those things where he's over and popular enough to turn face from it even though, character-wise, he's been a heel for AEW's entire 2 year run so far so he probably deserved it. But really even though I booked it as a face turn in-game, I imagine in reality the full fledged face turn would be when he eventually returns. His in-ring career is winding down and I imagine he's got one face run left in him especially given the verbal battles he can have with MJF.

I've said this but my EWR 4.2 legal cheat is to turn people into managers when I want to give them a break from TV, this prevents their morale from being destroyed - especially the main eventers. Allows me to safely have Jericho sell the betrayal for a month or two before I bring him back for the feud.
Conspiracy Victim Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®