TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Old 12-24-2007, 01:20 PM   #1521
Cactus Sid
Smashing Blouse

Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)

INTERPROMOTIONAL MATCH: JOHN CENA vs THE UNDERTAKER

In a fantastic match, the Legend defeated the Future Hall of Famer. The Phenom dominated his younger opponent, who was put away with a Tombstone. As Taker celebrated, Cena turned around and leathered him with a chair, again, suggesting this issue is not over between the two.

Winner: The Undertaker
Match Quality: 92%
Crowd Reaction 91%
Overall Rating: 91% ****1/4

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE WWE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: SHAWN MICHAELS (C) vs BROCK LESNAR vs RANDY ORTON

HBK somehow survived the gauntlet of Orton and Lesnar to retain his WWE Heavyweight Title. In a match, as expected, dominated by Brock Lesnar, HBK's quick reactions allowed him to retain his gold. With Orton KO'd by Lesnar's F5, HBK quickly hit Sweet Chin Music on Lesnar, knocking him from the ring, and allowing Michaels to get the cover on Orton to win the match. Harsh on Lesnar, who tastes defeat for the first time since his return.....he still hasn't been pinned though.

Winner and STILL WWE Heavyweight Champion: Shawn Michaels
Match Quality: 71%
Crowd Reaction 86%
Overall Rating: 81% **

WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: ROB VAN DAM (C) vs CM PUNK

The winner and NEW World Heavyweight Champion, CM Punk. After a brutal contest, which went either way, involving many submissions and martial arts styles, Punk managed to prevail, after nailing the GTS on RVD to win the title. Culminating his rapid ascent to stardom with the World Heavyweight Title and being the man to finally defeat Rob Van Dam. RVD, unhappy with his defeat, laid out the new champion after the match.

Winner and NEW WWE World Heavywight Champion: CM Punk
Match Quality: 93%
Crowd Reaction 87%
Overall Rating: 93% ****1/4

EDGE'S MUSIC HITS WITH CM PUNK DOWN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING, HE ANNOUNCES THAT HE IS CASHING IN HIS MONEY IN THE BANK TITLE SHOT RIGHT NOW

WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: CM PUNK (C) vs EDGE

With Punk down and laid out from Van Dam's attack, Edge dives into the ring looking for the pin, but Punk kicks out! Edge beats away but cannot keep Punk down, and Punk somehow manages to lock on the Anaconda Vice! Edge makes the rope, but gets waffled with a stiff kick to the head, Punk goes for the GTS, but Edge rolls him up and uses the ropes to get the 3 count!

Winner and NEW WWE World Heavyweight Champion: Edge
Match Quality: 81%
Crowd Reaction 90%
Overall Rating: 87% ***1/4
Road Agent Notes: World Heavyweight Title gained image

Overall Rating: 87%

Buy Rate: 1.78

Attendance: 20,024

Match of the Night: The Hart Foundation vs The World's Greatest Tag Team

I think that can fairly safely be called my best show yet
Cactus Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:28 PM   #1522
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
That was an awesome show.

About to post my Raw XV results. I wrote out a few segments in full for my own entertainment.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:28 PM   #1523
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I tried to book it with a ton of big names returning to Raw for one night only, so I did use Arsenic a bit to make this event possible. There was a last second change to the battle royal…I actually managed to find The Goon in the game, I thought he had retired. He has taken the place of Bob Backlund (who remains a non-wrestler even when using Arsenic no matter what due to working an Open deal with TNA). I like to challenge myself, so it’ll be interesting to see if I lose money or something by using all these guys on open deals. Also, I’m sure emotions will run rampant once I start releasing the battle royal people.
-------
After the opening pyrotechnics, none other than Howard Finkel was in the ring to welcome everyone to the 15th Anniversary of Raw and to introduce the participants for the opening contest.

Segment 1: 20 Man Over the Top Rope Battle Royal with the Winner receiving a RAW Contract
This match saw many faces of Raw’s past returning hoping to get a contract – Al Snow, Bart Gunn, Doink the Clown, Repo Man, Steve Blackman, The Mean Street Posse (Pete Gas, Rodney, and Joey Abs), Barry Horowitz, The Goon, Rico, Planet Stasiak, Flash Funk, Gangrel, Too Cool (Scotty 2 Hotty, Grandmaster Sexay, and Rikishi), Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart, Kurrgan from the Oddities, and the man called Gillberg.

All 19 men stood opposite Gillberg. When the bell rung, Barry Horowitz and Planet Stasiak were the first to charge, and Gillberg ducked, sending both perennial losers out. Apparently viewing him as a threat, the other 16 participants all swarmed Gillberg and eliminated him. The Goon soon met his fate at the hands of Neidhart, while Bart Gunn eliminated Doink the Clown. The Posse nearly eliminated Rikishi, but in typical fashion they started bickering amongst themselves as to who would actually push him out to be credited with the elimination. This enabled Scotty to sneak up on Rodney and Sexay to sneak up on Abs, while Rikishi took care of Pete.
Repo Man tried to take Gangrel’s goblet and got eliminated for his troubles. Rico and Flash Funk nearly eliminated each other in one corner of the ring until the huge Kurrgan knocked both out. Gangrel got shelved by Anvil before Anvil himself was taken out by Rikishi. Bart Gunn got double teamed by Scotty and Sexay and he was eliminated. 6 men remained: Too Cool, Kurrgan, Steve Blackman, and Al Snow.
Too Cool called for a truce…and suddenly their music started playing and all 6 men danced. Kurrgan finally had enough and booted Rikishi in the face, sparking a 5 man rally to eliminate him (including Scotty and Sexay…revenge for the 2000 Rumble I suppose). Then Kurrgan got bundled out by the 4 guys left. Blackman kicked Scotty in the face and chucked him as Snow whacked Sexay with Head, sending him out. Blackman charged Snow, and a double clothesline sent both men out as they landed on the floor simultaneously. Both men were announced as winners, but who will get the Raw contract???

Segment 2: McMahon Family Portrait
Finally feeling as though he has stability in his life, Mr. McMahon decided to hold a family portrait with his immediate and “extended family”: Linda, Shane, Steph...plus illegitimate son Stevie McMahon as well as the rest of the Corporation. Orton and Cena hyped their matches for the Armageddon, plus Mr. Kennedy announced that he would be holding an open challenge at Armageddon.
However, Mick Foley (in his Mankind gear) came out and claimed that he should be in the portrait, because at one point, he did consider Vince “dad”. Sorta like in real life…Vince was humiliated as Mick brought out countless divas, Bastion Booger, the Godfather, and others. Finally Vince had enough and told Mick that he’d be facing Stevie and Kennedy. Mick said he figured that would happen and so he found a partner Vince knows quite well. *glass shatters* *Vince gets Stunned*

Segment 3: Mr. Kennedy and Stevie McMahon vs. Mick Foley and Stone Cold Steve Austin
For the sake of realism, I picture Mick being in the match the majority of the time…however, Austin does come in to do some brawling and ultimately wins after hitting Stevie with a Stunner.

Segment 4: Santino Interview
Santino gets into the ring and gloats as only he can. He claims that he’s the future of Raw (despite continually being on the losing end). And he challenged any so-called “Raw returnees” to a match.

Segment 5: Santino Marella vs. D’Lo Brown
Smackdown superstar D’Lo Brown (a man with many Raw memories himself) answered the challenge. Pretty basic match ending with a Lo Down and Sky High…and Santino once again finds himself on the losing end.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:29 PM   #1524
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Segment 6: Ric Flair Promo
Smackdown superstar Ric Flair came out and reminisced on his many Raw memories, until the egotistical Matt Striker came out and trashed him. Striker claimed to be the best that Smackdown had to offer. On cue, the lights went out…and when they came back on The Undertaker was in the ring. Striker fled but as he ran up the ramp, it burst into flames as Kane walked out. Striker was trapped. Batista and JBL (apparently making a one time return to the ring) attacked Kane from behind and an impromptu 6-man tag was made.

Segment 7: Ric Flair, the Undertaker, and Kane vs. Matt Striker, Batista, and JBL
Quite an unexpected match as we saw 6 Smackdown personalities involved. Not much to go into detail here, but the ending came when Batista and JBL pushed Striker into Undertaker. Tombstone, match over.

Segment 8: Special Return of Piper’s Pit
Roddy Piper interviewed ECW Champion CM Punk. Punk and Piper joked around with Punk hyping his Extreme Lumberjack Match against Colt Cabana. Cabana (not an invited guest to the show as he’d never appeared on Raw before) jumped from the crowd and attacked Punk to bring about an abrupt end to the segment.

Segment 9: WWE Intercontinental Championship: Jeff Hardy (C) vs. Matt Hardy
Fans were treated to a special fight here as champion Jeff Hardy squared off against his brother and one half of the WWE Tag Team Champions, Matt. Back and forth bout until Carlito rushed in and attacked Jeff, causing a disqualification. Matt quickly jumped to his brother’s aid and fought off Carlito.

Segment 10: DX Interview
Funny DX hype, really not much else needs to be said.

Segment 11: DX vs. Randy Orton and John Cena
Your classic main event tag team match. The crowd was hot the whole way through as all 4 guys are hella over. Cena and Orton, having never teamed before, had a miscommunication allowing HBK to plant Orton with the Sweet Chin Music for the 3. If that happens on Sunday, we’ll have a new WWE Champion.

After the show, Stone Cold came out and there was a massive beer bash involving Raw superstars past and present.

----------

The show did a 78% Overall Rating and drew a 6.04 (lowest I’ve had since starting). It would have been MUCH higher if not for the battle royal (which was for my own amusement and only netted a 48% rating). Bullshit that one segment can change the whole show rating though…maybe if I hadn’t made it the opening contest things would be different. Ah well, it was fun.

Ultimately I plan on having both Snow and Blackman receiving Raw contracts (I signed both to written deals), bringing back Head Cheese. They are 44 years old each, but they’ve still got talent. I had to use Arsenic to make Blackman active (he only wanted to be a non wrestler due to his migraines I suppose). But I figure that, in real life, Blackman would consider taking a deal if he only had to work 1 match a week or something.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:04 PM   #1525
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Here's the Armageddon Card:

-WWE Title: Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels
-Two Falls Match - First fall for US Title, 2nd Fall for World Heavyweight Title: Rey Mysterio vs. MVP
-ECW Championship - Extreme Lumberjack Match: CM Punk vs. Colt Cabana
-WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Jamie Noble vs. Jimmy Wang Yang
-Cage Match: Triple H vs. John Cena
-Batista vs. The Undertaker
-Mr. Kennedy's Open Challenge

-----

I've got kind of a Wrestlecrap angle going on with Undertaker/Batista. Basically, Taker has "resurrected" the 3 giants that he defeated in the past months. First was Khali, whom Batista defeated and quickly injured (thus leading to off-screen termination). Then Taker also went onto resurrect V and Henry for a handicap match against Batista. I may keep V and Henry around as Taker's minions because they can put on decent brawling matches and they work well as a team.

The key to the angle really is that Taker is a face and Batista is a heel...so seemingly this is all Taker playing mind games on Batista and his new manager Matt Striker.

Last edited by Evil Vito; 12-24-2007 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:41 PM   #1526
Cactus Sid
Smashing Blouse

Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)
Are ya gonna keep with the idea of booking it as the WWE would or are ya gonna cut loose at some point?
Old 12-24-2007, 05:52 PM   #1527
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Fuck you TPWW. I just finished posting the full, detailed results.....and the forum glitched. Seriously need to start typing these things in Word.

Charlie Haas got injured before the PPV, a Knee Injury that will keep him out until April 2009. Between the injury and the fact he'll age 2 years before his return, he'll likely be half the wrestler he once was upon return.

----

Pre-Show: Shelton Benjamin def. Paul London with help from Stevie McMahon. Kendrick ran out to help London after.

Match 1: Jimmy Wang Yang surprised Noble with a rollup to win the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

Match 2: Mr. Kennedy's Open Challenge was answered by BOOKER T, who surprisingly has shed his King garb. Booker won with the Scissors Kick.

Match 3: In a rematch from WrestleMania, Batista defeated the Undertaker thanks to illegal help from manager Matt Striker.

Match 4: Triple H pinned John Cena in a brutal cage match. (I do remember this match had a 100% Crowd Reaction)

Match 5: In an Extreme Lumberjack Match, CM Punk retained the ECW Championship against Colt Cabana. After the match, Kevin Thorn (the only man on the roster who has yet to choose a side on the Originals vs. New Breed war) jumped in and assaulted the victor.

Match 6: Randy Orton used illegal leverage with the ropes to retain the WWE Championship against Shawn Michaels.

Match 7: In the first fall, the ref "accidentally" got knocked out. MVP took the opportunity to hit Rey with a steel chair and retain the United States Title.

Match 8: Despite still being woozy from the chairshot, Rey managed to overcome the odds in the 2nd fall and maintain his status as World Heavyweight Champion. After the match, Rey was attacked by EDGE, who shockingly made his return by coming from under the ring and Spearing the champion.

84% Overall Rating for the Show
1.92 Buy Rate

Jamie Noble sustained a Tricep Strain in his match against Jimmy Wang Yang and he'll be set to return in February 2008.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:55 PM   #1528
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Sid View Post
Are ya gonna keep with the idea of booking it as the WWE would or are ya gonna cut loose at some point?
I'm still sorta doing it halfway to an extent. I try to keep people around that I don't see WWE releasing (ala V and Henry though as I said, they can put on decent brawl-fests). But most of the angles and whatnot are more or less what I can think of.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:09 PM   #1529
Cactus Sid
Smashing Blouse

I gotta say, I'm envious that you got an 84 for that PPV, while Summerslam, which had pretty much the best matches I could think, got an 87
Old 12-24-2007, 07:52 PM   #1530
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Yeah, that's probably the biggest way that I try to think like real WWE. While putting on great matches is always fun, its all about the overness that generates ratings. Case in point would be Jamie Noble vs. Jimmy Wang Yang. The match itself was solid, a good ***1/2 IIRC. But it only netted like a 77% Overall rating because both guys are relatively unover to this point, unfortunately.

Its weird...sometimes it seems like putting on a **** match will raise a guy's overness...but Cabana and Punk's match was like ****1/2 and it did nothing for overness. I almost think maybe there's a counter inside the game or something tat keeps track of how many really good matches a wrestler produces.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:15 PM   #1531
Cactus Sid
Smashing Blouse

I think its a case of good quality matches can only take ya up to Upper Midcard level, then its based on booking.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:01 PM   #1532
Cactus Sid
Smashing Blouse

I've been doing some of the smaller PPV's without posting, cos its a bit too much effort really, the general plan has been to do fueds to get some people over for 2009, especially those I have plans for (such as CM Punk, Lesnar, Morrison, Jacobs and American Dragon).

Frustratingly, I just debut Katie Lea on Raw, and the day after she checked into rehab for her cocaine addiction....
Old 12-27-2007, 08:03 PM   #1533
Cactus Sid
Smashing Blouse

And I haven't had something like this in a long time
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brock.jpg (46.6 KB, 112 views)
Old 12-27-2007, 08:07 PM   #1534
Cactus Sid
Smashing Blouse

And finally....too add to my annoyance, I just found out that Cade & Murdoch hate each other
Old 12-28-2007, 10:11 PM   #1535
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
TNA just hired me. Good times! I'm working on turning everyone to their current alignment. My next PPV is Genesis '08. All of the titles are vacant, but at the moment, this is the card I'm building to.

WORLD TITLE - Sting vs. AJ Styles
X-DIVISION TITLE - Juventud Guerrera vs. Senshi
TAG TEAM TITLES - The Outsiders vs. Voodoo Kin Mafia
HARDCORE MATCH - Rhino & Steve Corino vs. Team 3D
Bill Goldberg vs. Jeff Jarrett
Shane Douglas vs. Austin Aries
Samoa Joe vs. Shark Boy
Chris Harris vs. James Storm
Team Extreme (Brother Runt, New Jack, and Tommy Dreamer) vs. LAX (Homicide, Konnan, and L.A. Par-K)

Thinking about turning LAX face, since they're sort of on the fence and I'm sort of short on face tag teams. I have the Outsiders, plus I'm building a stable of ECW alums, but I have VKM, LAX, Triple X, Gen Next, and Team 3D on the heel side.
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:25 AM   #1536
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

It'll probably be awhile before I get to the Rumble, as I'm hooked on my Christmas gifts (namely Rock Band and COD4)...but when I do get there I'll probably only have 6 matches or so. I know I can pack on a full card...but WWE usually never do more than 5 matches before (or after) the Rumble Match. I'll only change my mind if I really feel that I'm not fitting enough people on the card.

If I'm bored whenever I finally get around to doing the show I may do a full write-up of the Rumble...sorta like I did in the Fantasy Book thread in the wrestling forum
Old 12-29-2007, 01:38 PM   #1537
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

God, fuck Randy Orton. Keeps getting in trouble backstage...I've suspended him for the remainder of December so he'll miss two shows. He's over and is constantly churning out good matches...but if he gets in trouble again in January I won't be able to suspend him as he's my champ and he has to defend the title at the Rumble...but I'll probably drop the belt off of him altogether and move in a different direction.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #1538
KingofOldSchool
...IN HD!!!!

KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vito 22 View Post
God, fuck Randy Orton. Keeps getting in trouble backstage...I've suspended him for the remainder of December so he'll miss two shows. He's over and is constantly churning out good matches...but if he gets in trouble again in January I won't be able to suspend him as he's my champ and he has to defend the title at the Rumble...but I'll probably drop the belt off of him altogether and move in a different direction.
I've had the same problem with Edge in my game.

He is a real big prick in the game. He's gotten into a lot of fights and not to mention he's refused to drop the title to everyone from John Cena to Triple H to HBK.
KingofOldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:21 PM   #1539
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofOldSchool View Post
I've had the same problem with Edge in my game.

He is a real big prick in the game. He's gotten into a lot of fights and not to mention he's refused to drop the title to everyone from John Cena to Triple H to HBK.
Damn, hope that doesn't happen to Edge in my game cause I plan on giving him the title at the Rumble.

Fortunately Orton hasn't got creative control, so I couldn't give a fuck less if I piss him off. The more I think about it though, the more I think I wanna change my plans to have Orton drop the belt anyway.

Think I might have the newly turned face Booker T get the belt off Orton at the Rumble.....only for Vince (who wants the belt to stay in the Corporation) to announce that Booker has been traded to SmackDown for a superstar to be later...thus, the title is vacant. If Orton's still being an asshole I can make heel Cena the champ and the Smackdown superstar to be later will wind up being some big name that I haven't got anything else for on Smackdown (Mysterio, Undertaker, etc.). While on SD Book will try to get the belt off Edge in a stopgap feud until Edge inevitably faces the Rumble winner at Mania.

Alternatively, I could have Book and Edge swapped amongst each other (thus taking the titles with them as each show would still have a champ). Edge would become the new Corporate lackey. Problem is that would kinda leave me in a clusterfuck with the top 4 heels (Edge, Cena, Orton, Kennedy) all within the Corporate ranks. I guess then I could turn Orton and have a Rated RKO feud but then again Orton's so goddamn unreliable its probably not a good idea.

Phew...kinda went off there. I love it when the creative juices start flowing.

Last edited by Evil Vito; 12-29-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:56 PM   #1540
KingofOldSchool
...IN HD!!!!

KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Well Edge doesn't have creative control in my game, but it just pisses me off cause I don't want to upset him to the point where he doesn't want to resign.

I'm having problems with that already, Chavo Guerrero and Lita have already left the company because they were happy over how I was using them.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:16 PM   #1541
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

That happened to me in my last WWE game...though I think it might have been a glitch. Kurt Angle had like 90 Morale but whenever I tried negotiating an extension he refused to speak with me. As a result I turned him into a huge jobber his last month with me out of anger.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:33 PM   #1542
Cactus Sid
Smashing Blouse

Mysterio started getting shitty and being sluggish and what have ya, so I jobbed him out til he refused to wrestle anymore, then I released him.

Doing the same with Lashley now.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:52 PM   #1543
KingofOldSchool
...IN HD!!!!

Here is my finalized card for Wrestlemania 23. Please feel free to give me your predictions as to what the results will be.

WRESTLEMANIA 23:

WWE Heavyweight Title:

John Cena (c) vs. Triple H

World Heavyweight Championship:

Batista (c) vs. Eddie Guerrero vs. Randy Orton

Grudge Match:

Edge vs. Shawn Michaels

Hardcore Match:

Mick Foley vs. Mr. McMahon

Casket Match:

The Undertaker vs. Mr. Kennedy

United States Title:

Booker T (c) vs. Rey Mysterio

Money In The Bank Ladder Match:

Jeff Hardy vs. Kurt Angle vs. Carlito vs. Matt Hardy vs. JBL vs. Chris Benoit

Women's Title:

Trish Stratus (c) vs. Mickie James

Intercontinental Title:

Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Steve Corino

Cruiserweight Title (2 out of 3 falls):

Christopher Daniels (c) vs. AJ Styles

Interpromotional Showdown:

Samoa Joe vs. The Big Show

30-Man Interpromotional Battle Royal (Winner gets a shot at a World Title this week on Raw or Smackdown):

Christian (Smackdown)
Kane (Raw)
William Regal (Smackdown)
D'lo Brown (Raw)
CM Punk (Raw)
Sean O'Haire (Raw)
Raven (Smackdown)
Lashley (Raw)
Johnny Nitro (Raw)
Joey Mercury (Raw)
Gregory Helms (Smackdown)
Muhammad Hussan (Raw)
Rhyno (Smackdown)
Stevie Richards (Smackdown)
Super Crazy (Smackdown)
Rob Conway (Raw)
Chris Sabin (Smackdown)
Renee Dupree (Raw)
Bryan Danielson (Smackdown)
Tomko (Raw)
Snitsky (Raw)
Colt Cabana (Smackdown)
Abyss (Raw)
Shelton Benjamin (Raw)
Eugene (Raw)
James Gibson (Smackdown)
Kid Kash (Smackdown)
Juventud (Smackdown)
Psicosis (Smackdown)
Jushin Thunder Liger (Smackdown)
Old 12-30-2007, 07:55 PM   #1544
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Hot damn your roster is loaded.

Anyway, predictions:

-Triple H
-Orton
-Edge
-Foley
-Undertaker
-Booker
-Matt Hardy
-Mickie
-Corino
-Daniels
-Samoa Joe
-Raven
Old 12-31-2007, 08:25 AM   #1545
KingofOldSchool
...IN HD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vito 22 View Post
Hot damn your roster is loaded.

You should see my developmental rosters.

I have guys like Robert Roode, Marcus Cor Von, Chris Hero, Jimmy Jacobs, Claudio Castagnoli, etc. In fact I will probably break down my developmental rosters on here sometime soon.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:37 AM   #1546
KingofOldSchool
...IN HD!!!!

I also forgot to add the Fatal Four Way Tag Team Title Match.

The Dudleys (c) vs. London and Kendrick vs. America's Most Wanted vs. The Briscoes
Old 12-31-2007, 09:53 AM   #1547
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Gotta go with Londrick there.

Pretty certain I got my rosters to those proportions the first time I played the new EWR (4.0 I think...whenever it was that they added relationships). Found there were simply too many people to squeeze on and I had a lot of pissed off workers.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:19 AM   #1548
Rob
Part time poster

Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Anyone got the MMA game yet?
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:23 PM   #1549
KingofOldSchool
...IN HD!!!!

Music Video for Wrestlemania 22 kicks off the show

Jim Ross welcomes the viewers to All State Arena in Chicago for Wrestlemania 22.

*Match 1: Rey Mysterio vs. Booker T (US Title)*

Rey Mysterio is introduced first to a big pop from the crowd. The United States Champion Booker T is introduced to a loud chorus of boos. A very excellent way to start off the show which saw Booker retain after nailing Mysterio with the US Title while Mysterio attempted to land the West Coast Pop.

Winner and STILL U.S. Champion: Booker T

Samoa Joe delivers a good promo backstage hyping his interpromotional match with The Big Show. The main point here was that The Big Show has never faced someone who was this well rounded and dangerous.

*Match 2: Samoa Joe vs. The Big Show (Interpromotional Match)*

Samoa Joe is introduced first to a definite mixed reaction, partly because of his ROH roots and Chicago being a ROH regular stop. The Big Show comes out next to another mixed reaction. Probably the best Big Show match you will ever see. These two work well together and it showed and surpringsly Joe didn't have to carry Show. The story here was Joe not being able to pick Show up for the Muscle Buster. Joe managed to beat down Show and pin him with an STO.

Winner: Samoa Joe

*** 3/4

Christopher Daniels is interviewed backstage about his upcoming 2 out of 3 falls title match with AJ Styles. Solid mic work done by Daniels getting over the fact that he has AJ's number and that it will be two falls and done.

*Match 3: AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels (Best 2 out of 3 falls for the Cruiserweight Title)*

AJ is out first to a superstar reaction. Daniels, the champ, follows to big heat. An excellent match, but nothing you wouldn't already expect. Daniels took the first fall with Angel's Wings, Styles took the second fall with a Spiral Tap, and then in an exciting finishing sequence, Daniels reversed a Styles Clash which was reveresed by Styles into a cradle to win the third fall and the Cruiserweight title to a HUGE pop.

Winner and NEW Cruiserweight Champion: A.J. Styles

**** 1/4

Eddie Guerrero is backstage preparing for tonights title match. Chris Benoit comes in a psyches up Eddie talking about being a two time World Champion and how it would be an honor to cash in the Money in the Bank opportunity against his best friend.

Next up is the 30 man interpromotional Battle Royal.

*Match 4: 30 Man Interpromotional Battle Royal (Winner gets Brand's Title Shot this week)*

Unlike the Royal Rumble, all 30 men start in the ring. It consists of 15 Raw guys and 15 Smackdown guys where the winner will get a shot at their brand's World Title this week on Raw or Smackdown.

This was a fun battle royal for what is was. Here were the order of eliminations and who eliminated them.

1. Psicosis (Bryan Danielson)
2. Kid Kash (D'lo Brown)
3. Eugene (Snitsky)
4. James Gibson (Kane)
5. Rob Conway (Lashley)
6. Raven (CM Punk)
7. Abyss (Lashley)
8. Juventud (Tomko)
9. Joey Mercury (Rhyno)
10. Jushin Lyger (Tomko)
11. Stevie Richards (O'Haire)
12. D'lo Brown (Benjamin)
13. Renee Dupree (Kane)
14. Colt Cabana (O'Haire)
15. Muhammad Hassan (Lashley)
16. Gregory Helms (Snitsky)
17. Super Crazy (Punk)
18. Chris Sabin (Regal)
19. Snitsky (O'Haire)
20. Johnny Nitro (Kane)
21. William Regal (Lashley)
22. Bryan Danielson (Tomko)
23. CM Punk (Kane)
24. Rhyno (Christian)
25. Christian (Kane)
26. Lashley (O'Haire)
27. Shelton Benjamin (Kane)
28. Sean O'Haire (Kane)
29. Kane (Tomko)

Christian used Heel 101 Psychology by staying under the ring most of the match. He came in long enough to eliminate Rhyno, but then was quickly dumped out by Kane. It was down to Kane vs. Shelton, O'Haire, and Tomko. Kane manhandled Shelton and it came down to Kane, Sean O'Haire, and Tomko. Kane managed to get rid of Of O'Haire and was about to dump Tomko when Christian distracted Kane long enough for Tomko to toss Kane to win much to the shock of the fans. Tomko will now get a shot at the WWE Champion tomorrow night on Raw.

Winner: Tomko

** 3/4

Backstage, Steve Corino cut a decent promo on RVD talking about their time in ECW and how RVD represented ECW and Corino represents WWE's tradition.

*Match 5: Steve Corino vs. Rob Van Dam (Intercontinental Title)*

Steve Corino is introduced first to a mild reaction. RVD comes out next to a HUGE oviation. An excellent match by all aspects and the crowd is white hot for RVD. The fans although haven't taken to Corino like the WWE hoped they would. RVD goes over with the Five Star to potentially kill off the feud.

Winner and STILL Intercontinetal Champion: Rob Van Dam

**** 1/3

Kurt Angle talks about becoming Money In The Bank and how he will add that to his already long list of accomplishments. Angle dropped a hint that he would even cash in his opportunity later tonight.

*Match 6: Matt Hardy vs. Carlito vs. JBL vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit (Money In The Bank Ladder Match)*

Match of the Night so far, probably of the night. Everyone was on their game tonight and the crowd was hot from start to finish. JBL was taken out 10 minutes into it thanks to a Swanton Bomb through three tables. Highlight spots included a Backcracker off the ladder, a Twist of Fate off the top of the ladder, and an Angle Slam off the ladder through a table. The finish came when a masked man came and shoved Benoit off a ladder which allowed Kurt Angle to climb up and grap the briefcase.

Winner and the 2006 Money In The Bank: Kurt Angle

**** 3/4

The Dudley Boys cut a promo about being the greatest tag team in history and how Wrestlemania is the perfect place show the World why.

*Match 7: America's Most Wanted vs. London and Kendrick vs. The Briscoes vs. The Dudleys (World Tag Team Titles)*

They had a tough act to follow, the crowd seemed pretty dead for the most part minus a few high spots from London and Kendrick. A good, solid match that had a little bit of everything. They did an interesting finish where Bubba Ray had Jay Briscoe pinned before Jack Doan counted 3, London landed on Bubba and Jay with a London Calling at the same time Doan counted the 3. The Dudleys thought they won the match, but Jack Doan awarded the match and the titles to London and Kendrick due to London landing on Bubba and Jay before the actual three count took place. The crowd popped for the title change.

Winners and NEW WWE Tag Team Champions: Paul London and Brian Kendrick

Randy Orton talks about the upcoming World Title match and about how he's waited almost two years for the opportunity to regain the title. And that tonight he is going to kill two more legends.

*Match 8: Eddie Guerrero vs. Randy Orton vs. Batista (World Heavyweight Title)*

Lex Lu...errrr Randy Orton must've been fighting for his job moreso the World Title tonight as he was more fired up than usual. What was suppose to be Orton winning the title here turned into more of a punishment match for Orton. After showing up late to the Hall Of Fame last night, the company decided to not put the title on Orton. They probably would've fired or suspended him immediately if it was for him being one of the main events. Hard work from all three guys with Batista retaining the title after pinning Orton with a Spinebuster. Batista has now held the title for a year now.

Winner and STILL World Heavyweight Champion: Batista

**** 1/2

HBK hypes his match with Edge, he gets over the point that Edge may be the future but HBK is still the present. Great interview and showed that HBK still had more passion in him than most of the roster combined.

*Match 9: Edge vs. Shawn Michaels*

Where the MITB match relied on gimmicks and high spots to get over, this match only needed old school psychology. There was no gimmicks, no high spots, just good old school wrestling. The crowd was hot coming off the heels of an excellent World Title match and it showed that Edge and HBK are the two top workers in the company. Edge wins clean with the Spear in what MAY be considered as a "passing of the torch" of sorts. Let's just hope Edge losses a bit of the ego, right now he is worse than HBK was in the mid-late 90's. That's bad.

Winner: Edge

Mr. McMahon is shown getting ready for his Hardcore match with Mick Foley.

*Match 10: Mick Foley vs. Mr. McMahon (Hardcore Match)*

This match was more of a let down than anything. Foley and McMahon didn't seem to gel out there especially considering it was a brawl which is what Foley excels at and McMahon can hold his own at. The crowd helped pull this match to above average with Foley getting the win with the help of Socko.

Winner: Mick Foley

*** 3/4

Mr. Kennedy promo talking about the end of one streak and the start of another. The end of The Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak and the start of Mr. Kennedy's Wrestlemania streak. Kennedy tells Taker to not Rest in Peace, but to Rest in Pain.

*Match 11: Mr. Kennedy vs. The Undertaker (Casket Match)*

Taker's streak is safe, but you probably weren't expecting anything less. This was probably one of Taker's better casket matches, but that's not saying much. Taker held Kennedy's hand through most of the match, but Kennedy didn't stink up the joint or anything.

Winner: The Undertaker

*** 1/2

*Match 12: Mickie James vs. Trish (Women's Title)*

The crowd tried to get into it, but you could tell they were tiring out and they still had the WWE Title match left to go. Mickie ends Trish's long reign as champion with the leaping DDT.

Winner and NEW Women's Champion: Mickie James

A video plays hyping Cena/HHH.

*Macth 13: Triple H vs. John Cena (WWE Title)*

Not as good as people hoped it would be, but still a great match. The crowd was pro-Triple H, but Cena still had his fans. Finsih saw Cena reversing the Pedigree into the FU and then locked in the STFU to get the tap out.

Winner and STILL WWE Champion: John Cena

Old 12-31-2007, 01:06 PM   #1550
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Damn good show, KOOS.

Anyway, after the final Smackdown of 2007 TNA officially rose to global level. With that, all of their talented workers immediately signed written contracts (could have signed all of them but I wanted to stay realistic). Perhaps most shocking is they went ahead and signed The Rock to a written contract (albeit as a non-wrestler).
Old 12-31-2007, 02:22 PM   #1551
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Just entered 2008, gonna be some changes. Lawler fully retired so I'm gonna move Shane O' Mac to the RAW broadcast table as I've really got nothing else for him to do on-screen.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:25 AM   #1552
KingofOldSchool
...IN HD!!!!

Here is one for the rumor mill.

Word is that the man in the black mask who helped Kurt Angle win the Money In The Bank at Wrestlemania is OVW star, Robert Roode. Look for Roode to reveal himself within the next month. The goal is for Angle to form a new Team Angle like stable that will also have some characteristics of the Four Horseman. The other two members still remain up in the air, but names have been thrown around are The Briscoes and different guys from OVW. Roode just recently lost the OVW TV Title to Chris Hero, Hero is also one half of the OVW Tag Team Champions alongside Brent Albright.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:54 AM   #1553
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Nice, Robert Roode

Right, I've got my Royal Rumble card finalized.....and I plan on doing a write-up of the PPV and the Rumble Match once I book the show. Problem is I'm busy, so it may be awhile. Regardless, here's the card:

-WWE Title: Randy Orton vs. Booker T
-World Heavyweight Title: Rey Mysterio vs. Edge
-ECW Championship: CM Punk vs. Kevin Thorn
-Intercontinental Title: Jeff Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin
-WWE Tag Team Titles: Matt Hardy and Finlay vs. Batista and Val Venis (w/ Matt Strike)

And the Royal Rumble Match.....list of participants and hype on the next post.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:55 AM   #1554
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Royal Rumble Participants:

Raw

Bobby Lashley:
Video aired on the first Raw of January hyping his return at the Rumble. This pissed Vince off, sending him into a rage about how HE should get a say on who is in the Rumble. From there on in, the other 9 Raw participants would be forced to qualify and would be given only one chance.

Carlito: The cocky Corporate member teamed up with fellow Corporate members John Cena and Mr. Kennedy against Al Snow, Steve Blackman, and IC Champion Jeff Hardy. The Corporate team all qualified thanks to interference from member Shelton Benjamin.

Dave Taylor: The British brawler teamed with Raw GM William Regal in a qualifying match that also doubled as a World Tag Team Title match. After a 100% Match Quality bout, Regal used his knux to pick up the belts and the Rumble spots.

John Cena: (See Carlito) The most over heel in the company at present, the Corporate sellout is being touted as a heavy favorite to win it all. But what will happen if he wins? Will he have to face his Corporate teammate at WrestleMania?

Mr. Kennedy: (See Carlito) Another favorite, Kennedy will be making his first appearance in a Royal Rumble Match. The same questions that apply to Cena also apply to Kennedy.

Shawn Michaels: Mr. McMahon tried to hurt DX’s chances at qualification by putting them in a 3-on-2 handicap match against Corporate members Snitsky, Shelton Benjamin, and Stevie McMahon. Suffice to say it didn’t work as HBK looks to win his 3rd Rumble Match.

The Sandman: Won a 10-Man Battle Royal for the final Raw spot. Also involved were Sir Charles Palumbo, the Highlanders, Daivari, Cade & Murdoch, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Ron Simmons, and Santino Marella (who ran his mouth and was ganged up on by all 9 others). Random note here, Simmons was a last-second replacement for Paul Burchill, who was slated to win the match but checked into rehab for a cocaine addiction before the show.

Triple H: (See Shawn Michaels) Triple H will be looking to piss McMahon off even further by winning his 2nd Royal Rumble Match.

Umaga: Idiot Jonathan Coachman thought he’d have an easy qualifier being the Assistant and all. Instead, he got paired off against the Samoan Bulldozer who easily won and stamped his ticket for Madison Square Garden.

William Regal: (See Dave Taylor) This will only be the second appearance in a Royal Rumble Match for the Raw GM.

SmackDown!

Chavo Guerrero:
The feisty cruiserweight main evented Survivor Series, and he’d love to cheat his way to a WrestleMania Main Event as well.

Chris Masters: After running into trouble against Kane and the Undertaker, the Masterpiece managed to get it together long enough to pick up a win in a qualifier over D’Lo Brown.

Cody Rhodes: Part of an odd couple tag team with Hardcore Holly, the rookie looks to make an impact in his first Royal Rumble. The team won a tag team qualifier the week before the show.

Hardcore Holly: (See Cody Rhodes)

Jimmy Wang Yang: Though he will be one of the smaller participants in the match, it would be unwise to count out the Cruiserweight Champion, as he obviously has what it takes to win.

Kane: The Big Red Machine will be making his 10th consecutive Royal Rumble appearance, and he has yet to win one. Perhaps this will be the year of hellfire and brimstone.

MVP: It’s difficult to decide who has a bigger ego on SmackDown: Edge or MVP. Regardless, the US Champion certainly pegs himself as a favorite for the January classic.

Ric Flair: A former Royal Rumble winner, the Nature Boy enters what could be his last Royal Rumble Match. I’m sure few would protest if the 60-Minute Man wins it all for one last title match at WrestleMania.

The Undertaker: The 2007 Royal Rumble winner is, as always, a hotly tipped favorite heading into the match. No more really needs to be said, as it’ll take a lot to eliminate the Dead Man.

Mystery Entrant: Theodore Long has announced that he has made a new signing that will “shock the world”, and that he will be showing up as an entrant in the match. Who this man is is anybody’s guess, but its bound to be a wild ride.

ECW

Basically on ECW, the war between the Originals and New Breed (as Kevin Thorn continues to act as his own entity) is continuing to wage on. Therefore, it was decided that each entity would be allowed 5 entrants in the Rumble.

Originals: Tommy Dreamer, Balls Mahoney, Nunzio, Super Crazy, and Johnny Jeter

New Breed: Elijah Burke, Colt Cabana, Marcus Cor Von, Kenny Dykstra, and John Morrison (who will likely bring protégé Mike Mizanin to the ring with him to give the New Breed a slight advantage).
Old 01-03-2008, 10:53 AM   #1555
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Scott Hall decided to become a non-wrestler on November 1 and Kevin Nash's morale dropped off the table. So, I released Nash and am having to re-arrange my Genesis card. The tag title match is now going to be VKM against Team 3D. Rhino and Corino have been added to the Team Extreme match, turning it into a ten-man tag against LAX, Black Reign, and Judas Mesias. I've also added a Chris Sabin & Sonjay Dutt vs. Triple X tag match.
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:35 PM   #1556
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

I went ahead and bought out UWA Hardcore Wrestling, a small promotion with only about 15 workers...most of them already fairly talented in some way, but everyone accepted a ticket to OVW so I have a lot of depth down there. I also signed almost the entire roster to 3-year written contracts to keep them from bailing to TNA, they were all very cheap, so if they don't pan out or want to come up too soon I can just cut them (would have had to pay them even if they were on Open deals).

Only guy I couldn't sign was Kazuchika Okada, a 19-year old Japanese cruiserweight who has commitments to Japan...but I'm going to keep him in OVW too, if he gets good enough to call up I wouldn't mind keeping him on an Open Contract because he's cheap.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:16 PM   #1557
Cactus Sid
Smashing Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Anyone got the MMA game yet?
I've just been playing the demo

I love watching MMA, but I know very little about it, but the game was pretty fun, you can only book it for 6 weeks, which is a shame, but its all right. I'm considering buying it.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:10 AM   #1558
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Time for the results of Royal Rumble 2008.

Special Interpromotional Dark Match
Daivari vs. Mike Mizanin vs. Funaki

Fans arriving early got to see a sample of the interpromotional matches that would be taking place later on. This match saw plenty of high flying spots from all three competitors. Ending saw Mizanin dodge a Daivari clothesline, sending him over the top. This allowed Mizanin to be in the ring alone with Funaki, whom he hit with the Mizard of Oz for the win. Score an early victory for the New Breed.
Match Quality: 74%
Crowd Reaction: 65%
Overall Rating: 69%, *3/4

Segment 1: ECW Championship: CM Punk (C) vs. Kevin Thorn
What better way to kick off the show than to showcase a match from the Extreme brand of sports entertainment. Kevin Thorn had the clear power advantage, and he made good use of it, hitting Punk with plenty of high-impact maneuvers. Punk eventually mounted a comeback, and latched Thorn in the Anaconda Vice. To Punk’s shock, Thorn managed to get out of the hold. Thorn muscled his way into setting Punk up for the Original Sin…but Punk escaped, and managed to hoist Thorn up and he surprised everyone by connecting the with the GTS for the 3 count. Punk retains.
Match Quality: 74%
Crowd Reaction: 80%
Overall Rating: 78%, **1/4

Segment 2: WWE Tag Team Championships: Matt Hardy and Finlay (C) vs. Batista and Val Venis w/ Matt Striker
Your classic tag team match here, with Matt getting to play Ricky Morton. Matt gets in the hot tag to Finlay, who clears out Batista and Matt Striker (who tried to intervene). This left Finlay alone with Val, he picked Val up and hit him with the Celtic Cross before tagging Matt back in, who immediately went up top and landed a huge flying leg drop. 3 seconds later, and the champs had retained.
Match Quality: 87%
Crowd Reaction: 81%
Overall Rating: 84%, ***1/2

Segment 3: Interview with The Corporation
Throughout the night, we see various superstars walking into McMahon’s office (where the Royal Rumble tumbler is located). We cut backstage just in time to see the New Breed pulling their numbers for the Rumble, and we see Vince nodding…something suspicious is going on there. Vince says that it will be a night for the Corporation – either Cena, Carlito, or Kennedy would win the Rumble…Booker would retain his title…and Shelton Benjamin would win the IC Title NEXT.
Overall Rating: 92%

Segment 4: WWE Intercontinental Championship: Jeff Hardy (C) vs. Shelton Benjamin
A mere few moments after Matt Hardy retained his title, Jeff managed to do the same. At one point, it seemed that Shelton all but retained the belt that was once his after he hit his patented Exploder Suplex. But, Shelton taunted to the crowd too long, enabling Jeff to kick out. Jeff went on to hit a Twist of Fate and the Swanton and retain his title. After the match, Corporate member Stevie McMahon came out of nowhere and Stevie-kicked Jeff right in the face,
Match Quality: 88%
Crowd Reaction: 79%
Overall Rating: 83%, ***1/2

Segment 5: World Heavyweight Championship: Rey Mysterio (C) vs. Edge
Since becoming World Heavyweight Champion for the second time, Rey Mysterio has stood up to all challengers. Unfortunately for him, he had yet to defend against a man who knew how to cheat as much as Edge did. Edge “accidentally” Speared the ref (he tried to play it off as though he was going for Rey), and then he went out and grabbed the title belt and hit Rey with it. The ref revived, the pinfall counted, and Edge won back the title he believed was his anyway.
Match Quality: 77%
Crowd Reaction: 91%
Overall Rating: 86%, **3/4

Segment 6: WWE Championship: Booker T vs. Randy Orton (C)
After getting off to an 0-1 start, Orton looked to hold onto his title for the Corporation against the fan-favorite Booker T. The match was tremendous, and in classic WWE fashion, featured another ref bump…prompting Orton to wave to the back. Out came Snitsky, enforcer of the Corporation…he went to Big Boot Booker, but he ducked and Orton was laid out. Booker threw Snitsky out of the ring…and shocked the world by scaling the top rope and hitting the HARLEM HANGOVER. Booker T is your NEWWWWWW WWE Champion.
Match Quality: 94%
Crowd Reaction: 95%
Overall Rating: 94%, ****1/2

Royal Rumble Match in the next post.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:11 AM   #1559
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Segment 7: 2008 Royal Rumble Match

New Breed leader Elijah Burke gets #1, while ECW Original leader Tommy Dreamer gets #2. Right away, this causes the announcers to speculate on if this is what the New Breed was talking to McMahon about earlier. Both men intensely slug at one another for the opening 2 minutes.

“Just call me smoooooth” Marcus Cor Von enters at #3 and it becomes increasingly obvious: the New Breed wanted to set Tommy up so they can destroy him so they had the draw rigged. Cor Von and Burke bash Tommy with weapons, busting him open.

John Morrison’s music hits at #4, further signifying that the New Breed care more about taking out the Original leader than winning the match. But Morrison never comes out. Eventually, backstage is shown, and Morrison as well as Mike Mizanin are laid out, bloodied. Burke and Marcus speculate in the ring, until a sound of a car crash is heard. The crowd mark out as MICK FOLEY runs out and starts taking it to Cor Von and Burke. Tommy helps out…and on both sides of the ring we see Cactus Clotheslines, eliminating all 4 men. Brawls break out in the crowd as the announcers go on about how they can’t believe what they just saw.

“KENNEDYYYYY!” Mr. Kennedy enters at #5…but there is no one in the ring, so he eats the 2 minutes by having the spotlight put on him and the mic comes down. He does his usual schtick, right up until the countdown for the next entry.

The lights go out, and the gongs sound…meaning THE UNDERTAKER, the 2007 winner, is coming out at #6. Taker gets into the ring and Kennedy clearly looks overmatched and surprised that he’d be facing Taker this early, but Kennedy stays in the match.

The music of “The Masterpiece” Chris Masters hits as he comes in at #7 and teams up with Kennedy on the Undertaker, not much happening here.

ECW Original Super Crazy makes his entry at #8. Initially, he helps work over Taker with Masters before going after Kennedy upon realizing Kennedy is sitting back letting the others do the work.

“One two, you hear the clock tickin’” Egotistical US Champion Montel Vontavious Porter struts his way down to the ring at #9. He enters and gets his shots in wherever. The ring is starting to fill up.

After the countdown, a giant “10” is seen on the Titan Tron. Fans know that it is the 10th entrant, but nobody knows who it is until is it starts counting down to a familiar sound. Pyro, BREAK THE WALLS DOWWWWN, huge markout, and Chris Jericho has made his shocking return, apparently as SmackDown!s mystery signing. After posing on the ramp, he sprints into the ring and immediately dumps Masters and Crazy (who were trying to get each other out). MVP charges, and Jericho ducks, sending him up and over. MVP looks absolutely gob-smacked at the fact that he only lasted 2 minutes and his night was already over.

“Sexy Boy” hits and the fans mark out once more, as Shawn Michaels enters at #11. He sees that Jericho and Kennedy are already paired off, so he ties it up with the man he faced off with in the final two last year – the Undertaker.

Hardcore Holly enters at #12 and gets practically no reaction at all when compared with Jericho’s and HBK’s. He plays no favorites, going after just about everyone.

“I spit in the face of people who don’t want to be cool” Carlito comes out at #13, just in time to save Corporate teammate Mr. Kennedy from being eliminated. The two Corporate members put a beating on longtime nemesis HBK.

New Breed member Kenny Dykstra enters to boos at #14 and gets a rude awakening, getting slapped around by Holly (announcers cornily joke that Hardcore must think Kenny is still a rookie).

“WOOOOOO!” Ric Flair gets a great ovation to bring us to the halfway mark at #15. He delivers is patented chops to everyone, giving the crowd plenty of chances to WOOOO.

The Sandman enters from the crowd at #16, beer and Singapore cane in hand. Despite no longer being on ECW, Sandman clearly doesn’t like what the New Breed stands for, as he immediately waffles Dykstra with the cane, sending him flying out. Holly goes after Sandman from behind, but also receives a cane shot and gets eliminated as well. Apparently seeing him as a threat, the Corporate members gang up on Sandman and throw him out to end that flurry of eliminations.

Johnny Jeter gets #17…he dodges a clothesline from Kenny (who was retreating to the back after being eliminated) and plants him with a roundhouse kick before getting into the fray.

“Oooooh Chavo!” Chavo Guerrero comes out at #18 and in typical Chavo fashion, he really just resorts in kicking people who are already down.

A bigass explosion sets off, which means Kane is #19. He walks into the ring and sets off the pyro, before getting into a staredown with the first man he sees (who is, luckily enough, the Undertaker). Chavo makes the mistake of trying to get between the two and is eliminated for his troubles.

ECW Original Balls Mahoney enters at #20, but unfortunately for him he doesn’t last as Kennedy and Carlito double him out. The announcers mention that the Corporate union is going to be hard to break.

Cruiserweight Champion Jimmy Wang Yang is #21, and he lasts the interval despite being the smallest guy in.

John Cena enters to the biggest boos of the match at #22. The Corporate trio clearly dominates the ring, teaming together to eliminate the big man Kane. They then set their focus to Shawn Michaels.

As luck would have it, Triple H gets #23 and he comes out to save Michaels. DX starts running rampant as Triple H plants Carlito with a Pedigree. Ric Flair comes over to assist the Game in throwing out his former partner.

ECW Original Nunzio grabs the #24 slot, not much to stay there. He gets his shots in and works with Johnny Jeter.

New Breed member Colt Cabana gets #25, representing the final entrant in the match for ECW. Colt impresses from the get-go, hitting Nunzio with the Colt .45 and eliminating him. He spends the rest of the interval fighting with Jeter.

Samoan Bulldozer Umaga is #26 and he lives up to his name by mowing people over and taking down anyone who comes near him, including throwing out Yang. He gets into a hoss showdown with the Undertaker and in somewhat of a surprise, he also eliminates him. The announcers commend Taker on a 40 or so minute performance and then commend Kennedy for being in the longest.

The music of Bobby Lashley hits as JR can be seen masturbating at ringside. He comes out in the coveted #27 spot and puts an end to Kennedy’s night, much to Kennedy’s shock. The announcers bring up that Kennedy is the one who put Lashley on the shelf (though I don’t see how we should remember that as it was more than a month ago).

Rookie Cody Rhodes gets #28 as the announcers make it out as if he actually has a chance at winning. Dave Taylor, one half of the World Tag Team Champions, draws #29 but stands at the rampway without entering. It becomes apparent why when the other half as well as Raw GM William Regal gets the prized #30. The announcers, of course, mention that Regal had to have rigged it somehow.

The tag champs take their time and walk into the ring as a team. The first man they go after is Cody Rhodes, who is promptly eliminated. A cheer is heard, as out run LONDON & KENDRICK. They attack Regal & Taylor (obvious bad blood after being screwed out of the belts and Rumble spots). Their attack is enough to throw the champs off their game as Flair bundles out Taylor while Jericho shelves Regal. Londrick run backstage as Regal & Taylor can’t believe they’ve been besmirched.

We see another hoss showdown, this time with Lashley and Umaga. Lashley gets the better of the exchange, sending Umaga out. Cena uses this chance to take out Lashley from behind. Cena turns as Triple H tries to get him with a knee lift but Cena ducks and sending The Game out to the floor. Cena turns once again and this time receives a Sweet Chin Music to send him packing. The Corporation will NOT be winning this Rumble.

On the other side of the ring, Colt Cabana sends Johnny Jeter packing, leaving us with our final four: Cabana, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, and Ric Flair. Each man occupies a corner before Colt gets in mid-ring and trashes the three others. Big mistake, as they gang up on Colt and chuck him. Jericho, Michaels, and Flair exchange moves on one another before Flair ultimately is sent out via double clothesline. The fans and even Jericho and HBK take a moment to applaud Flair for his 30+ minute effort.

Down to our final two, the announcers marvel that they’ve been in almost an equal amount of time as Jericho entered at #10 and HBK at #11. They have an absolutely brilliant showdown with loads of near finishes. HBK goes for the Sweet Chin Music by Jericho ducks, grabs Michaels…and Irish Whips him into the turnbuckle so hard that he flips over it, stranding him on the apron. Jericho hits a springboard dropkick to send Michaels to the floor and make him the runner-up for a second straight year. Chris Jericho is going to WrestleMania!

Match Quality: 79%
Crowd Reaction: 79%
Overall Rating: 78%, **3/4 (but I go with ****)

Segment 8: Chris Jericho Victory Interview
Self-explanatory, Jericho cuts his first promo back celebrating his win, full of Jericho awesomeness (although it is a bit short as time is running out and Jericho is exhausted anyway.
Overall Rating: 99%

88% Overall Rating (holy shit…if I had put on a better dark match I would have easily cleared 90%)
Old 01-05-2008, 05:37 PM   #1560
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

I decided to sack Armando Estrada, who just wasn't working out as ECW GM. I've brought Coach over as the New Breed's choice for GM (got nothing for him on Raw)...but Mick Foley is representing the Originals and I'm gonna run it as though they are 50/50 GMs. I might have Foley make a splash by trading away someone from the New Breed to Raw to bring Sandman back...throwing a wrench in the New Breed's plans.

I also really wish Ace Steel would hurry up and get finished in OVW/FCW. He's already majorly talented, but I think I'll give him one more month and whether he's fully ready or not I'll call him up on March 1st so I can have him to build to Mania (where I want to do a Second City Saints Triple Threat Match for the title with Punk from the Originals, Colt from the Breed, and Steel looking out for himself).