TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Old 12-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #2281
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
hahaha. Raw has one of the most random rosters ever
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #2282
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
MARCH 17, 2005 - SUPERSTARS

The debut of Superstars is the first dud show of 2005 for World Wrestling Entertainment. Not a great sign for the fledgling brand. But that doesn't mean there aren't some mark-out moments.

We open things up with an eight-man tag match featuring a mix of old and new with Colt Cabana, Jay Briscoe, Teddy Hart, and Zach Gowan teaming up to take on Carlito, Johnny Jeter, and newcomers Jimmy Rave and Julio Dinero. Gowan and Jeter control most of the match for their respective teams, but in the end it's Dinero making his debut a successful one by pinning Briscoe following the Theater Of Dreams.

Payne and Sean O'Haire were on opposite sides of a brief feud on RAW, and tonight they each bring in a debuting tag team partner. O'Haire reunites with his former Natural Born Thrillers teammate Mike Sanders to take on Payne and Paul Heyman's new client "The Franchise" Shane Douglas! Eventually Payne succumbs to the Seanton Bomb to give the Thrillers the win. After the match, Douglas gets in Payne's face, blaming him for the loss.

It's a high-flying six-man tag match next as Brian Kendrick and Funaki team with newcomer Frankie Kazarian to take on the New Generation stable of BJ Whitmer, Christian York, and Trent Acid. Funaki and Acid spend most of the match on the sidelines, letting their teammates do the work. The match ends as it began with Kazarian and Whitmer facing off. Kazarian hits the Wave Of The Future for the win in his debut.

It's a pair of debuts next as Norman Smiley takes on Konnan, a match that Konnan asked for. You would think that if he asked for the match, it wouldn't suck. You'd be wrong. Eventually, Konnan hits the 187 for the win. After the match, Konnan continues his abuse, leaving Smiley laid out with stomps and kicks.

"Ladies and gentlemen... HUUUUUUUUULK HOOOOOOOGAAAAAAAN!!!!!" The crowd erupts as "Real American" hits the speakers and the Immortal One makes his way to the ring. He does his usual routine of poses and false modesty before grabbing a microphone. "That sounds great, dudes! Thank you." More wild cheering. "But you know something, this is Superstars. This is the first night of a new brand, a brand that promises all kinds of excitement. And brother, let me tell you about excitement. If any of you dudes have been following what's been going on outside of WWE, you've been hearing about a guy called AJ Styles. This is a guy who can fly, who can wrestle, who can brawl... And Superstars is proud to have him and his X Division Title! The X Division... it's not about weight limits. It's about no limits. And Superstars is gonna be the only place you can see these guys do what the Hulkster never could, brother! Tonight, AJ's gonna team with John Cena to take on Canadian Violence, and you're all gonna see just what I'm talkin' about. So whatcha gonna do, Benoit and Jericho, when the Phenomenal One, the X Division, and all these little Hulkamaniacs run wild on you?!?"

Our first of two title matches is up next as Intercontinental Champion Dave Batista defends the belt against the massive A-Train. Not a bad match, but the dud show continues. Batista retains successfully with the Figure-Four Leglock.

Three superstars who could very well define the X Division are up next in a triple threat match. It's Paul London versus Rico Constantino versus ECW alumnus Kid Kash! Exciting high-flying match that ends with London hitting London Calling on Kash for the win.

Our second title match of the evening features a debuting tag team. James Storm and Chris Harris, America's Most Wanted, are the reigning NWA Tag Team Champions, and they bring their titles with them to Superstars! They defend them tonight in a triple threat against Chuck Palumbo and Johnny Stamboli and a pair of WWE veterans teaming for the first time - Akio and William Regal (working as The Untouchables, an inside joke on the fact that they're both married to previously unknown daughters of the McMahon family and, thus, unsackable). Decent action that helps enhance the image of the titles, but AMW retain as Harris hits Akio with the Catatonic.

The Hurricane is out next for a match against Ron "The Truth" Killings, who briefly worked for WWE in the mid-'90s as K-Kwik. Killings' attitude has changed, though, as he resorts to several dirty tactics throughout the match. Eventually, he hits his True Conviction finisher to pick up the win.

Our main event could have been a great one if it wasn't a dud show. 100% crowd response and a 90% match quality for Cena and Styles against Canadian Violence, but only an 86 overall because of the dud. Styles looks like a million bucks in his WWE debut, but interference from the World Champion Christian results him getting locked in the Crippler Crossface, a move he has no choice but to tap out to. After the match, Christian goes to hit Styles with the Unprettier, but the lights go out in the arena. Suddenly, hard rock music starts blaring and strobe lights begin to fill the arena. When the lights finally come back up, Christian has released Styles, but has no idea that behind him is... STING!!! The icon blasts Christian with his trademark baseball bat before turning it on the other members of the Nova Scotia Cosa Nostra.

Christian brought the World Title to the ring with him, and Sting picks it up. He holds it above his head as he stands over the fallen champion, clearly sending the message that Sting has come to Superstars for that very championship. The first episode of Superstars fades to black with the silent assassin laying the championship across Christian's body and walking away.
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 07:53 PM   #2283
loopydate

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPWW.net
At a RAW house show on Thursday night, two top stars were hit by the injury bug:

Goldust is expected to be out until May with a tricep strain.
Women's Champion Trish Stratus will be out until December after tearing her calf.

The loss of Goldust will hurt the expected Goldust/Lesnar feud over the TV Title, but the loss of Stratus absolutely destroys what was expected to be one of the biggest Divas feuds of all-time against Mickie James. What will WWE do to cover both of these losses on RAW Monday night?
Old 12-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #2284
loopydate

NEW SUPERSTARS ROSTER
(spoilers, make sure you read Superstars results first)

Champions
World - Christian
Intercontinental - Dave Batista
NWA Tag Team - America's Most Wanted (Chris Harris and James Storm)
X Division - AJ Styles

Singles
A-Train
Carlito
Colt Cabana
Frankie Kazarian
Funaki
Jay Briscoe
Jimmy Rave
John Cena
Johnny Jeter
Julio Dinero
Kid Kash
Mike Sanders
Norman Smiley
Payne
Rico Constantino
Shane Douglas
Sting
Teddy Hart
The Hurricane
Trent Acid
Zach Gowan

Tag Teams
Canadian Violence (Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho)
Chuck Palumbo and Johnny Stamboli
Konnan and Ron Killings
Londrick (Brian Kendrick and Paul London)
New Generation (BJ Whitmer and Christian York)
Untouchables (Akio and William Regal)

Managers
James Mitchell (manages Julio Dinero)
Paul Heyman (manages Shane Douglas

Authority Figures
Hulk Hogan
??? (has yet to debut)

Announcers
Jim Cornette and Tazz
Old 02-05-2011, 05:53 AM   #2285
Impeccable
Tag Team Wrestling Mark!

Impeccable is good (20,000+)Impeccable is good (20,000+)Impeccable is good (20,000+)Impeccable is good (20,000+)Impeccable is good (20,000+)Impeccable is good (20,000+)Impeccable is good (20,000+)Impeccable is good (20,000+)
So I decided to start something completely new. Basically took the roster lists from Raw, Smackdown, FCW, TNA, RoH, All Japan, New Japan and AAA and decided to take the first 40 names that come out of a randomizer as my roster. Below are the first 40 names that came out.

1.Michael McGillicutty
2.Aero Star
3.Kurt Angle
4.Kevin Nash
5.Dolph Ziggler
6.Heath Slater
7.Jack Swagger
8.Samoa Joe
9.Giant Bernard
10.Michael Tarver
11.Jeff Hardy
12.El Hijo del Perro Aguayo
13.Jimmy Uso
14.Cody Rhodes
15.John Morrison
16.Sheamus
17.Jesse Neal
18.Robbie E
19.Orlando Jordan
20.Bryan Danielson
21.Keiji Mutoh
22.Percy Watson
23.Kenny Omega
24.Sharkboy
25.D'Angelo Dinero
26.Funaki
27.TAKA
28.The Miz
29.Jey Uso
30.Jushin "Thunder" Liger
31.Tajiri
32.Shinsuke Nakamura
33.Ric Flair
34.Super Crazy
35.Jay Lethal
36.Damien Sandow
37.Mitsuhide Hirasawa
38.Jimmy Yang
39.El Generico
40.Brett DiBiase

Okay, so the first step is to learn about some of the guys I don't know much about. THen I'll come up with a rough list of Main Event/Upper/Mid/Lower/Openers. Then I will come up with a name, a backstory and sort out the roster in EWR.
Impeccable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #2286
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'm once again tempted to jump into this and start yet another new current roster game to build up to Mania. I just worry that I'll get bored immediately and will scrap it yet again.

Maybe I'll skip the Mania build - and just start from the day of Mania or something. I dunno.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:02 AM   #2287
Impeccable
Tag Team Wrestling Mark!

Impeccable is good (20,000+)Impeccable is good (20,000+)Impeccable is good (20,000+)Impeccable is good (20,000+)Impeccable is good (20,000+)Impeccable is good (20,000+)Impeccable is good (20,000+)Impeccable is good (20,000+)
So I've just about sorted the roster for the fed. I am thinking about doing a random sort of the remaining 300+ guys i used and picking the first five to come through as debutants during the first year of operation (much like WWE/TNA have people debuting throughout the year).
Old 03-01-2011, 07:02 AM   #2288
Impeccable
Tag Team Wrestling Mark!

Early thoughts around having Flair as an authority figure.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:13 AM   #2289
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

I was bored so I decided to take the "leaked" WM card that Meltzer gave out and book it in EWR. I booked the show as though I were going to continue playing past this (which I might actually do, not sure yet).

WrestleMania XXVII
WWE United States Title: Daniel Bryan def. King Sheamus. Bryan faced his toughest competition to date but was able to overcome the size differential and score the win with a LeBell Lock, continuing his long title reign. **, 75% Overall

Big Show, Christian, Kane, and Kofi Kingston def. The Corre (Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Justin Gabriel, and Heath Slater). Show finally got retribution after months of frustration at the hands of The Corre. During the inevitable pier six brawl, Show knocked Barrett out cold with a right hand for the win. *3/4, 76% Overall

“Dashing” Cody Rhodes def. Rey Mysterio. Rhodes shocked the world by decidedly pinning the former champion with the Cross Rhodes. Cody tried to remove Rey’s mask after but Rey reversed and flung him into the ropes and hit a 619. *1/4, 77% Overall. Wow, guess those guys really didn’t click.

Randy Orton def. CM Punk. During the match, Orton neutralized Punk’s ringside cohort Mason Ryan. After a ref bump, Punk signaled in his backup plan – the returning Skip Sheffield! However, Sheffield shocked the world by laying out Punk with a massive lariat. Punk would then stumble up into an RKO for the Orton win. **3/4, 88% Overall

World Heavyweight Title: Alberto Del Rio def. Edge. Ricardo Rodriguez made a nuisance of himself at ringside. The distractions eventually got the best of Edge as Del Rio caught him off guard and locked in the Cross Arm Breaker for the win and the title, making him the first Rumble winner since 2007 to win the title at Mania. ***, 85% Overall

Special Ref – Stone Cold Steve Austin: Jerry “The King” Lawler def. Michael Cole. Swagger kept trying to interfere and took a Stunner for his troubles as Cole gets the shit beaten out of him for a few minutes before King finishes him off with a Piledriver. -*, 68% Overall. 82% Crowd Reaction but only 36% Match Quality (still better than I thought it would be).

WWE Title, Special Enforcer – The Rock: The Miz def. John Cena. After several nearfalls, Miz eventually tried to cheat, drawing the ire of The Rock. Rock landed some punches before hitting a Spinebuster and setting up for a People’s Elbow. Cena stopped him midway and shoved Rock, insisting he wants to go it alone. Rock hits Cena with a Rock Bottom as Miz crawls on top and retains the belt. *3/4, 84% Overall solely due to crowd reaction. These guys do not click at all.

Dolph Ziggler and Lay-Cool def. John Morrison, Kelly Kelly, and Trish Stratus. They say that WrestleMania is the best time of the year to make an impact. That’s exactly what happened as just when Trish appeared to have Michelle beat, a mammoth woman known throughout the world as Kong hits the ring and plants Trish with a sitout powerbomb as the referee was distracted. Michelle grabs the win for her team as Dolph and Vickie Guerrero are reinstated to SmackDown. 3/4*, 71% Overall

The Undertaker def. Triple H. For the 19th time in a row, Undertaker is victorious at WrestleMania. These two legends put on a clinic that captivated the audience in Atlanta and around the world. After more false finishes than you can count, Undertaker keeps the streak for another year following a massive Tombstone Piledriver. ****, 91% Overall

79% Overall Rating
1.58 Buy Rate
Old 03-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #2290
loopydate

Based loosely on this idea, I'm going to start a new TNA game tonight starting with Sunday's Victory Road card. Already sort of plotted out where I want to go with it, just need to actually have EWR (hard to play on my phone at work)
Old 03-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #2291
loopydate

Never mind. After the travesty that was Victory Road, I don't want to touch TNA right now. I know that's silly, but I really don't feel like trying to make something good out of that shit.

Basic idea was we were going to get a "TNA finish" to the Sting/Hardy match that would end in either a double-DQ or a no contest or something. Bischoff would vacate the title the next week on ThunderImpact which would kick off a month-long tournament for the title that would culminate at Lockdown.

Some stories I had planned:

* AJ Styles would win the championship, meaning that Fortune would hold all the gold, setting up an epic feud with Immortal.
* Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy (the two most Over guys on the roster) would have a long-running feud trying to become the #1 contender for AJ's belt.
* Ink Inc. would have turned heel against Beer Money after their VR match, then go their separate ways. Moore would join his friends the Hardyz in Immortal while Neal would re-align with his trainer Bully Ray.
* Speaking of Ray, he'd have a nice long run through the tournament, beating a couple of former World Champions via questionable tactics to try to elevate him into the top tier.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #2292
loopydate

So, instead of going with my TNA idea I decided instead to start an entirely new promotion. I took the 45 most Over active wrestlers who didn't have either an open or written contract and signed them. Then I put them all in Development and called up the ones who were ready. I filled in with the top unsigned Staff members and set up weekly PPVs until I can grow the promotion. So, now I am proud to introduce:

TOP PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING WARRIORS (TPWW)
Writer - Ed Schmitt
Producer - John Filippelli
Announcers - Jesse "The Body" Ventura and Dave Meltzer
Referees - John Finegan, Nick Patrick, and Bakery Yagi
Medical - James Andrews and Hae-Dong Jho
Road Agents - Jerry Jarrett, Tully Blanchard, and Tim White
Trainers - Mikey Monroe, Brad Rheingans, and Eddie Sharkey

The roster will be revealed on the first episode of The Forum where a month-long double-elimination tournament to crown the first TPWW King Of The Forum champion!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #2293
loopydate

4/2 - THE FORUM

Our introduction to TPWW is the appearance of the legendary Road Warrior Animal who comes out to a big pop. One-half of the greatest tag team of all-time awaits the arrival of his opponent in our first King Of The Forum tournament match, only to find out that it's the monstrous Mike Knox! These two bruisers put on a brawl that never quite gets off the ground. Knox picks up the clean win with the Knox Out, then pounds on Animal for a few minutes afterward to hammer hope the point that Knox is going to be someone to watch in TPWW!

Mexican legend El Hijo Del Santo (who seems to wind up in my EWR games a lot, now that I think about it) is out for our second tournament match, and his opponent is the monstrous former WWF and WCW World Champion Sid Vicious! The crowd chants "You're the shit! You're the shit!" as the master and ruler of the world jumps out to an early start. Santo flies for a bit, but Sid's power advantage comes back to bite him, and he winds up eating a powerbomb and Sid advances while Santo joins Animal in the elimination bracket!

Time for our first real "indy garbage style" match as Sabu faces Shaggy 2 Dope in our third tournament match. Sabu gets the clean win with a triple jump moonsault after a pretty sloppy match. Afterwards, Shaggy escapes through the crowd to avoid a further beating.

ECW alumnus Shane Douglas - the man who put the "extreme" in Extreme Championship Wrestling - takes on one of the most popular stars of the Attitude Era in our next contest as he faces the fun-loving giant Fatu. Another disappointing match results in Douglas eating a Stink Face and Fatu picking up the win. After the match, Fatu dances for the crowd.

While Shaggy 2 Dope got X-Pac Heat earlier, up next we've got the originator of it, Sean Waltman. His opponent is former NFL player, TNA superstar, and WWECW flash in the pan Monty Brown. Can the PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOON-suh kill Waltman's buzz? Waltman's educated feet wind up setting him up for the Buzzkill and the former 1-2-3 Kid gets the 1-2-3.

In our second Attitude-vs-ECW contest, Sean Morley faces the enigmatic Raven! This gets Match Of The Night honors for a well-thought-out contest between two veterans. Morley eventually feels the Raven Effect to drop into the elimination bracket while Raven picks up his first win in TPWW.

Two recent WWE cast-offs are showcased in our next tournament match as NXT season 2 winner Low Ki takes on Shad Gaspard. Ki utilizes his speed and stiff martial arts strikes while Shad matches with overpowering strength. Ki eventually hits a brutal Warrior's Way to win the match, but Shad gets a measure of revenge, pummeling Ki and throwing him to ringside afterwards.

In the first TPWW main event, fan favorite Stevie Richards takes on everyone's favorite demon-battler Scott Hall! Stevie does a good job of making Hall look good, even jobbing to the Outsider's Edge to close out the show.

---------------------------------------------------------

Next Week's Card

King Of The Forum title tournament Round 2 - Sabu vs. Sean Waltman
King Of The Forum title tournament Round 2 - Mike Knox vs. Raven
King Of The Forum title tournament Round 2 - Fatu vs. Scott Hall
King Of The Forum title tournament Round 2 - Low Ki vs. Sid Vicious
Elimination Match - "Alpha Male" Monty Brown vs. Shaggy 2 Dope
Elimination Match - Road Warrior Animal vs. Sean Morley
Elimination Match - Stevie Richards vs. "The Franchise" Shane Douglas
Elimination Match - El Hijo Del Santo vs. Shad Gaspard
Old 03-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #2294
loopydate

Aaaaaaaaaaand Shane Douglas is in rehab for a cocaine addiction...

Really, Shane? One show?
Old 03-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #2295
loopydate

4/9 - THE FORUM

The second episode of TPWW's The Forum kicks off (no pun intended) with the World Warrior Low Ki taking on the massive Sid Vicious. Not a bad match, but Sid just doesn't really have his old magic and winds up falling victim to the Warrior's Way.

Our first elimination match is up next as Meltzer and Ventura talk about how Shane Douglas has been eliminated due to his "personal demons," advancing Stevie Richards through tonight's scheduled match. Our second elimination is Shaggy 2 Dope who winds up tapping out to a Fujiwara armbar from the Alpha Male Monty Brown. Brown lives to fight again next week!

One major fan favorite will be eliminated in our next contest as Road Warrior Animal takes on Sean Morley. Decent match that ends with Morely catching Animal in the Venus Fly Trap for a submission victory to eliminate Animal.

Two of TPWW's most hated heels are out next in a second round match as the monstrous Mike Knox takes on the evil mastermind Raven! Excellent match that doesn't get much crowd reaction (since EWR doesn't like heel-heel matches). Raven hits the Raven Effect to make it to the third round while Knox drops into the elimination bracket. While Raven poses, Knox shoves the referee aside, then lays Raven out with the Knox Out.

Our fourth elimination match is up next as El Hijo Del Santo takes on Shad Gaspard. Santo looks like a star on the rise, but it's the giant Shad who picks up the clean pinfall victory.

Scott Hall and Sean Waltman's music hits and the former Kliq/nWo/The Band partners come to the ring together. They cut a brief promo about how - just like everywhere else they've been - they're taking over TPWW. They have matches with Fatu and Sabu tonight, and Hall cracks jokes about how he used to beat up the Headshrinkers for fun. Waltman corrects him that Samu was the Headshrinker. Sabu is the guy that taped up his own bicep after he ripped it open on barbed wire. Hall's response - "Whatever."

Fatu dances to the ring for his match with Hall, and it's a better match than you'd think Hall could put on at this stage. Fatu looks like he's about to put Hall away, but Waltman's interference allows Hall to hit an Outsider's Edge for the win. After the match, they put the boots to Fatu until Sabu hits the ring with a chair to drive them off.

Tonight's main event is our match of the night as Sabu and Waltman go head-to-head once the officials clear the ring from the previous brawl. Lots of high-flying, and Sabu looks four times better than he did last week against Shaggy 2 Dope. Amazing what can happen when you're against someone who can work. Sabu picks up the clean win with a Triple Jump Moonsault. After the match, the brawl continues to ringside, then up into the crowd. Fade to black as they continue brawling out of the arena.

---------------------------------------------------------

Next Week's Card

King Of The Forum title tournament Round 3 - Sabu vs. Raven
King Of The Forum title tournament Round 3 - Low Ki vs. Scott Hall
Elimination Match - Monty Brown vs. Sean Waltman
Elimination Match - Sean Morley vs. Mike Knox
Elimination Match - Fatu vs. Stevie Richards
Elimination Match - Shad Gaspard vs. Sid Vicious
Elimination Match - Brown/Waltman winner vs. Morley/Knox winner
Elimination Match - Fatu/Richards winner vs. Gaspard/Vicious winner

Eliminated So Far: El Hijo Del Santo, Road Warrior Animal, Shaggy 2 Dope, and Shane Douglas
Old 03-20-2011, 03:39 AM   #2296
Impeccable
Tag Team Wrestling Mark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopydate View Post
So, instead of going with my TNA idea I decided instead to start an entirely new promotion. I took the 45 most Over active wrestlers who didn't have either an open or written contract and signed them. Then I put them all in Development and called up the ones who were ready.
Awesome idea and loving your write ups. Quite similar to the idea that I had where I randomised the WWE/RoH/TNA/New Japan/AAA rosters and took the first 40 guys. Your execution much better than mine though.

I actually started this yesterday and will write stuff up.

I had an idea to randomize the remaining roster and take the first five as guys who could come in over the space of a year (i.e. influx of new talent
Old 03-20-2011, 08:55 AM   #2297
Impeccable
Tag Team Wrestling Mark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopydate View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaand Shane Douglas is in rehab for a cocaine addiction...

Really, Shane? One show?
Fucking LOL
Old 03-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #2298
G
Selectively Social

G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Awesome Mania.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #2299
loopydate

4/16 - THE FORUM

The first dud show in TPWW history kicks off with an elimination match between fan favorites Fatu and Stevie Richards. Disappointing match between the two that ends with Fatu hitting the Kishi Driver for the win. Afterwards, Fatu and Richards dance a bit for the crowd.

Our next elimination match pits Sean Morley against the villainous Mike Knox. Better match than its predecessor, and Knox picks up another clean win with the Knox Out.

A pair of monstrous heels are out in our third of six elimination matches as "Psycho" Sid Vicious takes on Shad Gaspard. Sid continues to help make new stars by losing clean to Shad in this match.

Seven of the sixteen original participants in the King Of The Forum tournament have been eliminated, and after this match, the field will have been cut in half. It's the "Alpha Male" Monty Brown against the original degenerate Sean Waltman. Waltman looks to have the match in hand when his running buddy Scott Hall comes to the ring. The plan backfires, though, as Hall misses Brown and takes out Waltman, allowing Brown to hit the PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOUN-suh for the win.

Both Fatu and Shad Gaspard avoided elimination earlier tonight against Stevie Richards and Sid Vicious, respectively. Now they must face each other in another elimination match! Both men's earlier contests took a toll on them, as both showed signs of fatigue, but the monstrous Fatu picks up the clean win to survive.

Our tenth elimination match is up next as Monty Brown and Mike Knox hit the ring for their second matches of the night. Knox continues to look like the most dominant force in TPWW, picking up yet another win with the Knox Out.

Low Ki and Scott Hall are up next in their third tournament matches, both looking to give the other his first loss. Good match that gets a good reaction from the crowd, and the exciting Ki picks up the big win with the Tidal Wave to advance to the finals of the winners' bracket!

We now know that Low Ki has a date in two weeks as one of three men with a shot at being the first TPWW King Of The Forum. His opponent in his first match that night will be determined in tonight's main event as ECW alumni Sabu and Raven go one-on-one! This one is possibly the best TPWW match thus far, which makes the fact that it's a dud show that much more disappointing. Raven gets a clean win with the Raven Effect, but Sabu attacks after the bell sending him to the floor to stand tall.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Week's Card

Finals Tune-Up - Low Ki vs. Shad Gaspard
Finals Tune-Up - Monty Brown vs. Raven
Elimination Match - Sabu vs. Mike Knox
Elimination Match - Fatu vs. Scott Hall
Elimination Match - Sabu/Knox winner vs. Fatu/Hall winner
Sean Morley vs. Sean Waltman
Stevie Richards vs. Sid Vicious

Eliminated So Far: El Hijo Del Santo, Monty Brown, Road Warrior Animal, Sean Morley, Sean Waltman, Shad Gaspard, Shaggy 2 Dope, Shane Douglas, Sid Vicious, and Stevie Richards
Old 03-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #2300
loopydate

4/23 - THE FORUM

Next week, Top Professional Wrestling Warriors will crown its first King Of The Forum champion. We also know that the rest of that huge card will be made up of "ranking" matches to determine the order of contention for the winner's title. We know that Low Ki and Raven will battle next week and tonight three of the other four possible champions will fall in a series of elimination matches!

But first, Stevie Richards and Sid Vicious are looking to bounce back from being eliminated last week. Early in the match, the ref takes a bump on a Sid clothesline, but he recovers. However, later in the match, Stevie charges into the corner at Sid, only to have the big man again put the ref in harm's way, and that's all she wrote for the Psycho One. He calls for the bell, giving Stevie the win. After the bell, Sid powerbombs the official and stalks off.

Two more men who have already been eliminated from the tournament go toe-to-toe in our second contest - the Battle of the Seans as Morley faces Waltman. Solid technical match between the two veterans. Waltman picks up the win with the Buzzkill after a big superkick.

Low Ki has a big tune-up match next against Shad Gaspard. The monstrous Shad works well as a base for Ki's martial arts and aerial wizardry, and they put on a great show. Ki gets the big win with the Warrior's Way, but Shad gets a measure of revenge, hitting Ki with his finisher after the match.

Our first of three elimination matches is next as Fatu takes on Scott Hall in another battle of veterans. Fatu picks up the win with the Kishi Driver, but gets assaulted after the bell by Hall's partner Sean Waltman. Hall and Waltman are definitely showing that - title or no title - they're going to make an impact in TPWW!

Our second elimination match pits the homicidal, suicidal, genocidal, death-defying maniac Sabu against the cold, calculating, maniacal, evil genius Mike Knox! As one would expect, this match is extremely physical with lots of huge bumps. Knox winds up with the clean win via the Knox Out, again proving that he's one to watch. Knox will be facing Fatu in our main event tonight - the winner has a shot at being King Of The Forum next week!

Raven is out next for his tune-up match, but first he has some words for his opponent next week, Low Ki. Pretty typical Raven promo with lots of cryptic references and angst. He welcomes Ki to the Terrordome and guarantees a title victory next week. Quoth the Raven - nevermore!

Monty Brown is out as Raven's warm-up opponent, and he puts up a hell of a fight. Eventually, though, Brown attempts to get Raven up for a vertical suplex only to have it reversed into the Raven Effect for the loss.

Our main event tonight is the 12th elimination match of the tournament, and the winner will join Raven and Low Ki as possible King Of The Forum next week! Fatu and Mike Knox both survived matches earlier, but only one will survive this match! Fatu hits a big forearm, knocking Knox into the corner. He prepares for a Stinkface, but the official tries to back him off. Knox takes the opportunity to produce a pair of brass knuckles from his tights and lay out Fatu, but the referee sees it and disqualifies him! Knox can't believe he cost himself a shot at the title!

Next Week's Card

King Of The Forum Title Match - Tournament Final
Winner's Bracket Final - Low Ki vs. Raven
Elimination Match - Fatu vs. Ki/Raven loser
Ranking Match (Winner is #4 contender, loser #5) - Sabu vs. Scott Hall
Ranking Match (Winner is #6 contender, loser #7) - Monty Brown vs. Shad Gaspard
Ranking Match (Winner is #8 contender, loser #9) - Stevie Richards vs. Sean Waltman
Ranking Match (Winner is #10 contender, loser #11) - Sean Morley vs. Sid Vicious
Ranking Match (Winner is #12 contender, first fall loser #14, second fall loser #13) - El Hijo Del Santo vs. Road Warrior Animal vs. Shaggy 2 Dope

Already clinched rankings - Mike Knox (#3), Shane Douglas (#15)
Old 03-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #2301
loopydate

4/30 THE FORUM

It's the biggest night in the brief history of Top Professional Wrestling Warriors as we crown the first King Of The Forum champion! Plus, we will know how the top fifteen contenders for the gold will rank, meaning every match tonight is crucial in the championship standings!

We kick things off with a three-way dance between three of the first four men out of the KotF tournament (Shane Douglas is still in rehab, otherwise this would be a four-corners match). It's El Hijo Del Santo vs. Road Warrior Animal vs. Shaggy 2 Dope. Shaggy is out pretty quickly after taking a flying knee from Santo, leaving Santo and Animal to go one-on-one. Big match between two international icons that Santo wins with his La De A Caballo submission hold.

Two men who have to be disappointed in their runs through the KotF are Sean Morley and Sid Vicious. Two holdovers from the wrestling industry's '90s peak go toe-to-toe for a spot in the top ten contenders. Big Sid gets the win with a powerbomb, then lays into Morley with boots after the bell sounds, sending a message to whoever walks out of tonight with the gold!

Stevie Richards and Sean Waltman have consistently put on the best matches in TPWW, and tonight they go at it in another exciting contest. Two men with educated feet put on a clinic until Waltman catches Richards unaware with the Buzzkill for the win.

Two men who have made names for themselves in TPWW thus far are Monty Brown and Shad Gaspard. These two giant brawlers battle it out in our next match. Brown hits the ropes to prepare for the Pounce, but eats a big Brooklyn Boot, and Shad gets the win.

Sabu and Scott Hall were both eliminated from title contention last week, so both are looking to bounce back and become the #4 contender for the KotF gold. These two grizzled veterans definitely bring their A game for this match that sees Sabu pick up the clean win with a triple jump moonsault.

Low Ki and Raven have torn through the first four weeks of TPWW's existence. Tonight, the winner goes on to the finals of the King Of The Forum title tournament. The loser must defeat Fatu to earn a rematch in the main event! Another great match, and these two definitely look like they're ready to headline TPWW shows for years to come. Ki looks like he's about to pick up a big win when Scott Hall makes a surprise appearance, laying him out with the Outsider's Edge behind the referee's back. Raven covers the unconscious Ki for the win, then Raven and Hall put the boots to Ki afterwards.

A promo plays for next week's show featuring a celebration ceremony for the first King Of The Forum champion as well as five TPWW debuts. When we come back to the arena, officials have managed to revive Low Ki and are trying to convince him to forfeit his match with Fatu, but the World Warrior refuses. Fatu comes out for the match, but Ki just doesn't have his usual magic in him, and he eats a Kishi Driver. After the match, Fatu and Ki shake hands showing that there was nothing personal to it.

However, Fatu's victory celebration is cut short as Raven blindsides him and orders the referee to ring the bell to start their championship match! Raven starts off with strikes then a pair of big neckbreakers. Fatu fights back with a hip toss and a charge in the corner. Piledriver gets two, then Raven catches Fatu with a DDT, but doesn't have enough in him to get more than two. Raven hits a tornado punch for two more and is looking frustrated. He tries a legdrop but misses. Fatu hits a strike, but eats a flying shoulder tackle. While the ref checks on Raven, Sean Waltman blindsides Fatu with a chair, allowing Raven to hit the Raven Effect and pick up the win! The announcers hype Raven as the new King Of The Forum while Raven and Waltman stomp the hell out of Fatu as we fade to black.

Next Week's Card

Raven is crowned King Of The Forum
Non-Title Match - Sean Morley vs. Raven
El Hijo Del Santo and Road Warrior Animal vs. Scott Hall and Sean Waltman
Fatu vs. Sid Vicious
Monty Brown vs. Mike Knox
Low Ki and Sabu vs. Vicious & Delicious (Buff Bagwell and Scott Norton)
Satoru Sayama vs. Shad Gaspard
Stevie Richards vs. Tank Abbott
Doug Basham vs. Shaggy 2 Dope

Championship Rankings
King Of The Forum Champion - Raven

#1 Contender - Fatu
#2 Contender - Low Ki
#3 Contender - Mike Knox
#4 Contender - Sabu
#5 Contender - Scott Hall
#6 Contender - Shad Gaspard
#7 Contender - Monty Brown
#8 Contender - Sean Waltman
#9 Contender - Stevie Richards
#10 Contender - Sid Vicious
#11 Contender - Sean Morley
#12 Contender - El Hijo Del Santo
#13 Contender - Road Warrior Animal
#14 Contender - Shaggy 2 Dope
#15 Contender - Shane Douglas
Old 03-22-2011, 09:27 PM   #2302
loopydate

5/7 THE FORUM

The pre-show dark match saw a debuting Doug Basham beat Shaggy 2 Dope via submission with the Sharpshooter.

The actual show opens with "Come Out And Play" hitting the speakers, and the first King of the Forum champion Raven coming to the ring with his title. He poses for a while, then motions to the back. From backstage come Scott Hall and Sean Waltman, the two men who helped him win the title last week. They're followed by the monstrous Sid Vicious and Scott Norton, and finally Buff Bagwell. Raven grabs a microphone from the timekeeper.

"I guaranteed that I would be your King of the Forum. And I make good on my guarantees. I saw that there was a small chance that either Low Ki or Fatu could catch me off-guard and walk out with this championship, so I went out and got help. I found Hall and Waltman, two men who have changed every company they've ever worked for. They wanted to make an impact in TPWW, and what better way than to join me? So the first two pieces were in place. My next stop was Japan, where I found a man who is more feared there than Godzilla and Mothra combined. Scott Norton is one of the last remaining tough guys in professional wrestling and when I told him of my plan, the first thing he asked me was 'Do I get to hurt people?' Yes, Scott. Yes, you do. He asked me for one more thing. 'Raven, I want you to bring Marcus. He balances me out. I'm afraid of what I might do to the TPWW locker room without a compass.' And I agreed. So along comes Buff Bagwell. Which left me with one more spot to fill. And look at this guy. Sid Vicious. World Champion everywhere he's gone. The master, the ruler of the world. Given the choice between the two, wouldn't you want him with you rather than against you? So before you stands the most dominant force in TPWW. This is the Order Of Raven. And tonight, you'll see what we're capable of. I'm going to destroy Sean Morley tonight, and you'll see the rest of my boys take apart the rest of the roster. Quoth the Raven... Nevermore!"

The Order clears the ring, except for Sid, who is in action in our first televised match against the #1 contender for Raven's title Fatu. They have a really good brawl, and Sid hits a spinning neckbreaker to win it with his feet on the ropes for extra leverage. After the bell, the two continue brawling, and this looks like the beginning of a feud!

Former MMA star (and 3 Count bodyguard) Tank Abbott is out next for his debut mach against Stevie Richards. Stevie looks great again, carrying Tank to a good match, but Tank has to stoop to using brass knuckles. The ref sees it (as Tank isn't exactly stealthy), and disqualifies Abbott.

Two bruisers who have been making a name for themselves in TPWW are Monty Brown and Mike Knox, so naturally they both leap at the chance to do so at the other's expense. Really good brawl that ends with Knox hitting the Knox Out for the win.

Two of the top five contenders for the King of the Forum title Low Ki and Sabu team up in our next match to face the debuting Vicious & Delicious - Scott Norton and Buff Bagwell from the Order Of Raven. This is the best match in TPWW history up to this point, with V&D working over Ki early until he can hot-tag Sabu. Sabu uses his high-flying offense for a while, but eventually the power of "Flash" Norton is too much, finally hitting Ki with a Jackhammer for the victory.

The non-title match between Raven and Sean Morley isn't quite as good as its predecessor, but the crowd is very much into these guys, meaning this is probably not the last we'll see of them against each other. Raven eventually gets the clean win to continue putting him over with the Raven Effect. Can anyone unseat Raven?

Japanese superstar Satoru Sayama makes his debut in our next contest, taking on Shad Gaspard, who has been a man on a mission since the first episode of The Forum. Shad again looks like a million bucks, but he winds up falling victim to Sayama's diving headbutt finisher, giving the import a win in his debut. After the match, Shad hits his finisher on him to regain some heat.

Tonight's main event is a tag-team encounter featuring Sean Waltman and Scott Hall from the Order Of Raven against El Hijo Del Santo and one of the greatest tag-team wrestlers of all time, Road Warrior Animal! The four veterans put on a very old-school match that Hall eventually wins by hitting the Outsider's Edge on Animal. After the match, Santo and Animal attack them, and they brawl into the crowd as we fade to black.

Next Week's Card
Introduction of the TPWW Moderator
Raven introduces a new member of the Order
Non-Title - "Alpha Male" Monty Brown vs. Raven
Ten Man Tag - El Hijo Del Santo/Fatu/Low Ki/Road Warrior Animal/Sabu vs. The Order Of Raven
Stevie Richards vs. Mike Knox
Sean Morley vs. Shad Gaspard
Satoru Sayama vs. Shaggy 2 Dope
Doug Basham vs. Tank Abbott

Championship Rankings
King Of The Forum Champion - Raven (remains champion)

#1 Contender - Mike Knox (#3 last week)
#2 Contender - Low Ki (#2 last week)
#3 Contender - Scott Hall (#5 last week)
#4 Contender - Fatu (#1 last week)
#5 Contender - Sean Waltman (#8 last week)
#6 Contender - Sabu (#4 last week)
#7 Contender - Shad Gaspard (#6 last week)
#8 Contender - Monty Brown (#7 last week)
#9 Contender - Stevie Richards (#9 last week)
#10 Contender - Sid Vicious (#10 last week)
#11 Contender - Sean Morley (#11 last week)
#12 Contender - El Hijo Del Santo (#12 last week)
#13 Contender - Satoru Sayama (debut)
#14 Contender - Scott Norton (debut)
#15 Contender - Road Warrior Animal (#13 last week)
#16 Contender - Buff Bagwell (debut)
#17 Contender - Shaggy 2 Dope (#14 last week)
#18 Contender - Doug Basham (debut)
#19 Contender - Tank Abbott (debut)
#20 Contender - Shane Douglas (#15 last week)
Old 03-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #2303
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Holy crap did I forget about this thread or what? I'll try to put up an update of my game. Right now I'm in December of 2015 building towards the Bragging Rights PPV. Here's the card at the very least (Raw superstars listed first):

20 Man Raw vs. SmackDown! Battle Royal - Winner headlines the Royal Rumble against the champion

WWE Diva's Title: Melina vs. Mickie James (c)

WWE U.S Champion vs. WWE Intercontinental Champion: Pete Shapiro vs. MVP

WWE Cruiserweight Title: Matt Stryker vs. Sean Casey

WWE Unified Tag Team Titles: Southern Spice (Rob Conway and Jamie Noble) vs. America's Most Wanted

Diva's Challenge: Oracle and Kim Roderick vs. Sandy Rochet and Lisa Benton

The Miz vs. Ian Moore

The Status Quo (WWE Champion Chris Sylvain, Bret Banderas, and Brian York) and Mr. Kennedy vs. World Heavyweight Champion Kofi Kingston, Edge, Christian and Alex Furious
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #2304
loopydate

5/14 THE FORUM

Last week, Doug Basham won the dark match. Tonight, he makes his on-screen debut beating former MMA star Tank Abbott. Abbott's strength plays a big factor, but eventually Basham catches him a surprise powerslam to set up for a sharpshooter and the win.

Mike Knox and Stevie Richards have both been putting on exciting performances since the debut of TPWW, but tonight is their first time going one-on-one. Once again, they put on a tremendous show, but Knox (the #1 contender for King Of The Forum) picks up another big win with the Knox Out.

After the match, "Come Out And Play" hits and Raven heads to the ring with the Order Of Raven (and, of course, his King Of The Forum title). Raven cuts right to the chase. "Mike, you and I have a lot in common. And the thought occurred to me that having another cerebral monster in the Order would be a recipe for an insurrection. But then I realized that we could rule this place with our combined intellect. I'm making you an offer that it would behoove you to take. Join the Order and be the dominant force I know you can be." Knox grabs a microphone and pauses for a moment. He then starts to chuckle, which quickly turns into a full-blown laugh. He steps back and continues to laugh at Raven, whose initial bemusement quickly turns to anger. Knox stops for a moment, but then laughs again, which leads to Raven siccing the Order on him, and the six of them leave the Mad Scientist Of Wrestling laying.

Back from a promo video, Satoru Sayama and Shaggy 2 Dope are in the ring. It's a pretty quick match with Sayama getting a clean win with his diving headbutt finisher.

A huge ten-man tag match is next as the Order Of Raven (Scott Hall, Sean Waltman, Sid Vicious, and the team of Vicious & Delicious) take on their opponents from last week - El Hijo Del Santo, Fatu, Low Ki, Road Warrior Animal, and Sabu. Norton carries the bulk of the match, showcasing his brutal offense against all five babyfaces. In the end, though, the Order isolates Animal and Hall hits him with the Outsider's Edge for the win.

The lights in the arena go out and a countdown appears on the video screen. The crowd goes apeshit, because... well... what else could a countdown mean? When the countdown hits zero, "Evenflow" hits the PA and the Moderator of TPWW reveals himself to be... CHRIS FUCKING JERICHO! "So, The Order Of Raven, huh? This is what's supposed to be 'revolutionizing the industry?' Let's look in the ring, shall we? Is that... Scott Hall? The guy who had to get a custom low-rider wagon built so when he falls off again he doesn't get hurt? And Sean Waltman? The guy who might as well be an air conditioner for the way he sucks the heat out of the arena? Buff Bagwell? 'The Stuff,' huh? Not really sure what 'The Stuff' is, but it's clearly not anything that any fan has ever had any sort of reaction to. And his giant butt-buddy Scott Norton? Who's been thrilling Japan with the sort of bland dry stiff wrestling he bored the deep south with throughout the 1990s? How about Sid Vicious? I mean, the only way anybody ever gave a crap about him was when he literally gave a crap during the biggest match of his career! Look, I don't want to disparage the world-class talent we've got in the ring. And as soon as some shows up, I'll hold my tongue. Look, 'Order,' I was brought in as the Moderator of TPWW to provide order. And since this is my Forum, you'll play by my rules! Now, I'm not going to come out here and start laying down the law. I'm perfectly content to just lay back and watch the show. But if it turns out that all this Order is is beat-downs on anybody who doesn't follow Raven? We're going to have a problem. TPWW is about new beginnings. And this is the start of the Age Of Jericho. And TPWW will never eeeeeeeeeeeever be the same a-gain!"

Back to the action, it's Sean Morley and Shad Gaspard one-on-one. Shad has proven that his misuse in the so-called "big leagues" was ridiculous, while Morley's career has been revitalized by new competition and renewed rivalries. Morley looks about ready to put the match away with a Money Shot, but Shad rolls out of the ring. Before Morley knows what hit him (it was the ring bell), he's laid out in the middle of the ring. The ref saw it, though, and calls for the DQ.

Our main event is once again Raven in non-title action, tonight taking on the "Alpha Male" Monty Brown. Brown puts on a good show, but it's once again the King Of The Forum standing victorious with the Raven Effect. The champion poses as we fade to black.

Next Week's Card
King Of The Forum - Mike Knox vs. Raven (c)
Fatu and Low Ki vs. The Band
Sabu vs. Sid Vicious
Monty Brown and Sean Morley vs. Vicious & Delicious
Stevie Richards vs. Shad Gaspard
Satoru Sayama vs. Tank Abbott
El Hijo Del Santo vs. Shaggy 2 Dope
Doug Basham vs. Road Warrior Animal

Championship Rankings

King Of The Forum Champion - Raven (remains champion)

#1 Contender - Mike Knox (#1 last week)
#2 Contender - Scott Hall (#3 last week)
#3 Contender - Sean Waltman (#5 last week)
#4 Contender - Low Ki (#2 last week)
#5 Contender - Fatu (#4 last week)
#6 Contender - Sabu (#6 last week)
#7 Contender - Sid Vicious (#10 last week)
#8 Contender - Shad Gaspard (#7 last week)
#9 Contender - Sean Morley (#11 last week)
#10 Contender - Monty Brown (#8 last week)
#11 Contender - Stevie Richards (#9 last week)
#12 Contender - Satoru Sayama (#13 last week)
#13 Contender - Scott Norton (#14 last week)
#14 Contender - Buff Bagwell (#16 last week)
#15 Contender - El Hijo Del Santo (#12 last week)
#16 Contender - Doug Basham (#18 last week)
#17 Contender - Road Warrior Animal (#15 last week)
#18 Contender - Tank Abbott (#19 last week)
#19 Contender - Shaggy 2 Dope (#17 last week)
#20 Contender - Shane Douglas (0-1)
Old 04-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #2305
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Well both Bragging Rights and the Royal Rumble have been taken care of. Let's look at the results shall we?

Bragging Rights:

Jason Collins won the Raw vs. SmackDown! battle royal.

Mickie James retained the Diva's Title against Melina.

Matt Stryker retained the Cruiserweight Title against Jason Cross.

Sandy Rochet and Lisa Benton defeated Kim Roderick and Oracle.

Southern Spice (Rob Conway and Jamie Noble) retained the Unified Tag Team Titles against America's Most Wanted.

Ian Moore defeated the Miz.

Pete Shapiro defeated MVP.

Team Raw (WWE Champion Chris Sylvain, Brian York, Bret Banderas and Mr. Kennedy) defeated Team SmackDown! (World Heavyweight Champion Kofi Kingston, Edge, Christian, and Alex Furious) when Sylvain pinned Kingston.

The stories coming out of Bragging Rights leading up to the Rumble:
Jason Collins damn near mocks Kingston's inability to lead Team SmackDown! to victory. Collins has beaten Chris Sylvain twice and would've done it again had he been able to lead the team. Kingston counters that he wasn't there though since Collins isn't the World Heavyweight Champion.

The Status Quo show no remorse over the beat down they put on Team SmackDown! post-match and they certainly feel justified in also destroying their 'teammate' Mr. Kennedy. They didn't want his help and they certainly didn't need his help. He had no business tagging himself into the match and no business slapping Sylvain across the face. If he had just minded his own business and left things up to the Status Quo, everything would've been gravy. Kennedy finally turns face by getting in their faces and is next in line to face Chris Sylvain for the WWE Title.

The other members of the Status Quo, Brian York and Bret Banderas, feel they need gold back around their waists and since they've demonstrated tremendous success as a team along with aiding in the defeat of one of the best teams ever in the WWE (Edge & Christian) they deserve a shot at the Unified Tag Team Titles. Southern Spice agree to a title match at the Rumble.

Jason Cross is angry over blowing his one chance to bring the Cruiserweight Title to SmackDown!. He declares that it isn't fair that Cruiserweight Title is essentially stuck on Raw and demands another opportunity at the title. Raw GM Steve Austin concedes that if Jason Cross can win a match on Raw then the Cruiserweight Title can be defended on both shows and Cross will be first in line at the Royal Rumble. Cross is successful in this challenge is prepped to face Matt Stryker again.

Kim Roderick vows to make up for her team's loss at Bragging Rights by winning the Diva's Title from Mickie James. She wins a four-way elimination match to become number one contender to the belt at the Royal Rumble.

Nothing has been resolved in the ongoing saga between HHH and Sean O'Haire and the duo's double elimination of each other during the 20 man battle royal at Bragging Rights which led to a massive brawl throughout the arena only intensified the drama. The two are set to battle in a street fight at the Royal Rumble.

The remainder of the roster are all making their bids to enter the Royal Rumble match and emerge the winner.

So here's the Royal Rumble card:

The 30 man Royal Rumble

WWE Title: Chris Sylvain (c) vs. Mr. Kennedy

World Heavyweight Title: Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Jason Collins

WWE Cruiserweight Title: Matt Stryker (c) vs. Jason Cross

WWE Diva's Title: Mickie James (c) vs. Kim Roderick

WWE Unified Tag Team Titles: Southern Spice (c) vs. The Status Quo

Sean O'Haire vs. HHH
Old 04-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #2306
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Royal Rumble results:

Matt Stryker retained the Cruiserweight Title against Jason Cross.

Mickie James retained the Diva's Title against Kim Roderick

Southern Spice retained the Unified Tag Team Titles against the Status Quo when Edge and Christian returned and caused Conway to pin York.

HHH defeated Sean O'Haire in a street fight. Both men are stretchered out.

Jason Collins defeated Kofi Kingston to win the World Heavyweight Title for the fifth time.

Chris Sylvain defeated Mr. Kennedy to retain the WWE Title.

Ian Moore won the Royal Rumbe last eliminating Pete Shapiro.

I've only got three matches set so far for No Way Out. Mr. Kennedy will get a rematch against Chris Sylvain for the title. Kofi Kingston has exercised his rematch clause and will face Jason Collins. Ian Moore and Jack Swagger will have a bit of a blow off to their mini-feud that will put Moore's title shot on the line. I've always had a cage match of some kind on the show and I might have HHH and O'Haire be the lucky duo this time around plus I'm building up some one-off challengers for the Intercontinental and U.S. titles. It's a show where I'm gambling alot on the top matches since I'm saving the big stuff for WrestleMania. There will likely be a tag title match and a cruiserweight title match as well. Again, it's just decent middle-of-the-road stuff to tide people over until the big one.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #2307
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I've played EWR off and on for about 8 years now. I'm 3 years into a TNA game and while checking out the EWR wikipedia page, I found out TEW 2005 is free. Downloaded. I've been waiting forever to play TEW. Needless to say, I am in heaven right now. Will I be let down?
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #2308
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

It's weird...I'm a detail freak but TEW just doesn't do it for me. It takes ages to book a show. You pretty much HAVE to switch WWE to a cutting edge promotion instead of sports entertainment because otherwise you need to book a ton of promos or else the fans will be pissed off.

Everytime I give it another chance I give up within a week's worth of shows.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #2309
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

After spending 30 or so years (in-game) with EWR, trying out a new simulator would feel so...wrong.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #2310
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Well, college is over and now I've got time to kill. Gonna start a new game with a twist.

I'll be taking the reigns the night after Extreme Rules...the first night the new brand rosters take effect. I'll do all 4 shows, and they will be in quick-result format to prevent me from getting lazy and burnt out as I normally do.

But here's the catch. Every Monday morning in-game, (not counting the first night I'm starting on), I will head over to random.org and generate a number between 1 and however many workers I have employed. I then count down on my roster (eg Abraham Washington is #1, Zack Ryder is #164, etc.) and whoever's number is pulled is fired.

It's a total crap shoot. Everybody is eligible. It could be somebody from development I'll never use (all of the Tough Enough contestants are there, too). It could be someone like Jericho, HBK, Austin, etc. who are on the roster for occasional appearances if I want to use them. It could be Cena or Rock and fuck up the WM 28 main event. Everyone is fair game.

A release will occur every week until WrestleMania 28, which will be the game's ending point. Beyond that, people will only be released in accordance with the Wellness Policy (ie: Regal is on his last strike, etc.) Nobody will be hired.

No doubt some releases will frustrate the shit out of me. But that's the fun of it. Hopefully will get started soon.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:36 AM   #2311
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Booked through an entire week and made the first firing. HERE WE GO:

Monday Night Raw – 5/2/11
The Rock holds a birthday bash in the ring. Newly crowned WWE Champion John Cena interrupts and says his gift is that the title WILL be on the line at WM 28. The Raw GM announces that he’s selected 10 contenders for the title, and the #1 contender will be decided through a series of Beat the Clock matches TONIGHT!

Alberto Del Rio defeats Evan Bourne via Armbreaker to set the opening pace. Don’t ask me what the pace is.

CM Punk is flanked by Ryan, Otunga, McGillicutty, and a returning Husky Harris for his match against Big Show. The 4 surround the ring and make nuisances of themselves. Despite the distractions, Del Rio’s time is not broken, so Nexus hit the ring and swarm Show for the DQ ending.

Kane rushes out to aid his partner, but the numbers game is just too great. The Nexus have made a statement tonight!

Kelly Kelly pins Melina after a K-2. The loser is then fed to the wolves as Kharma comes out and kills Melina.

Jerry Lawler grows tired of Michael Cole’s gloating. He challenges Cole to one final match at Over the Limit, and says that if he doesn’t beat Cole, he will leave the Raw announce table. Cole gladly accepts.

Rey Mysterio pins Dolph Ziggler following a 6-1-9. Unfortunately for Rey, it was a mere few seconds shy of the record. Del Rio is still the number 1 contender.

Del Rio’s time is finally broken as R-Truth puts away United States champion Kofi Kingston after an unexpected assist from Johnny Curtis, the NXT Season 4 winner who was mentored by Truth.

Video package for The Rock. Why? Because it’s his birthday and I have an extra segment to fill.

John Morrison vs. The Miz in the main event. Morrison appears to be close to winning, so Truth comes out for the distraction to protect his time. What he didn’t account for though was Miz capitalizing on it, getting the best time by a mere few seconds and becoming the new #1 contender. Truth is beside himself.

Cena confronts Miz. The Raw GM closes the show by congratulating Miz and announcing Morrison/Truth for Over the Limit. Along with that, there will be a Cena/Morrison vs. Truth/Miz match next week with the winning team picking the stipulations for their respective PPV matches.

NXT: Redemption – May 3, 2011
Lucky Cannon uses devious tactics to defeat Conor O’Brian.

Maryse greets Lucky backstage and compliments him on doing whatever it takes to win. Could Maryse finally be warming up to Lucky?

Hornswoggle and Titus O’Neil backstage silliness. O’Neil’s getting ready for his match later on.

Jacob Novak and JTG defeat Byron Saxton and Yoshi Tatsu after a “Novak Attack” on Saxton. Maryse walked onstage on Lucky Cannon’s arm, which distracted Yoshi and prevented him from breaking up the pin. Saxton wasn’t happy about it.

Novak taunts Regal about the win. Regal grabs a mic and rips into Novak verbally, promising he’ll get the last laugh in the end.

Chavo Guerrero pins Titus O’Neil, O’Neil’s first defeat on NXT. Darren Young grabbed Hornswoggle on the outside, which sidetracked O’Neil and allowed Chavo to win with a roll-up and hook of the tights.

WWE Superstars – May 5, 2011
William Regal blows off some steam over his issues with Jacob Novak on NXT. Regal takes on Jimmy Uso and is able to withstand Jey interference to grab the win.

Video package is shown highlighting Christian winning the World Heavyweight Title at Extreme Rules.

Chris Masters marks his return to the Raw roster with a win over Primo via the Masterlock.

Raw Rebound shows the highlights from the Beat the Clock challenge matches on Monday.

Zack Ryder grabs a mic and says he’s sick of being disrespected. He’s an internet sensation and it’s time to make an impact.

Ryder grabs a huge win over Santino Marella thanks to interference from Curt Hawkins. Vladimir Kozlov runs out for the save, but the damage was done.

Friday Night SmackDown – May 6, 2011
Christian holds a World Heavyweight Title celebration ceremony. During the segment, Edge comes out for a surprise appearance. He gives a speech and passes the torch onto Christian.

Daniel Bryan has a successful SmackDown debut, taking down the much larger Ezekiel Jackson and making him submit to the LeBell Lock.

The Corre jump Ezekiel Jackson in disgust. They leave him laying in the middle of the ring, essentially kicking him out of the group.

Theodore Long announces that the #1 contender for the World Heavyweight Title will be determined tonight in a match featuring three of SmackDown’s newest acquisitions – Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Mark Henry.

Alex Riley and Brodus Clay defeat Trent Barreta and Yoshi Tatsu after a TKO on Barreta.

Riley and Clay grab mics. They talk about how the time to be a lackey is over. They are going to pool their strengths together and take the tag team division by storm.

Layla defeats Rosa Mendes in a shitty match. Kharma comes out and massacres Mendes after.

Cody Rhodes has a tall task ahead of him against the mammoth Great Khali. Rhodes holds his own, but as soon as Khali begins getting momentum – Rhodes walks off and takes the countout loss. Khali celebrates his win, and Jinder Mahal comes out and slaps him over it.

Christian is backstage. In a nutshell, he says he doesn’t care who wins the main event – Captain Charisma finally has the gold and he will keep it for a long time.

Sin Cara defeats Tyson Kidd in a fun high-flying bout via top-rope C4.

In the main event triple threat match, Orton plants Henry with an RKO. However, Sheamus recovers on the outside and sneaks back in, throwing Orton over the top rope. Sheamus steals the cover and 3 seconds later is crowned the new number 1 contender. He may have lost the US Title on Sunday, but Sheamus is already moving on to bigger and better things.

-----

And now the big moment – the weekly release!

Number drawn: 28

Chris Masters has been released
Old 05-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #2312
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

YES, the Busch is back!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #2313
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

I left off on No Way Out 2016 so the results are as follows:

Batista pinned AJ Styles.

WWE Intercontinental Champion MVP pinned Mike Knox

WWE Cruiserweight Champion Matt Stryker pinned SmackDown!'s Sean Casey.

WWE Unified Tag Team Champions Souther Spice defeated SmackDown!'s Cash Inc. when Conway pinned Ryan Creed.

Sean O'Haire defeated HHH in a cage match.

Ian Moore pinned Jack Swagger.

World Heavyweight Champion Jason Collins and Kofi Kingston entertained (see what I did there?) to a double countout.

WWE Champion Chris Sylvain pinned Mr. Kennedy.

Overall Rating: 91%
Old 05-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #2314
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Here's the build-up and card for WrestleMania 32.

Raw vs. SmackDown! Cruiserweight Showcase: Cruiserweight Champion Matt Stryker, Evan Bourne, and Don Maiden vs. Jason Cross, Sean Casey, and Derek Standish
This match stems from Jason Cross' anger over the SmackDown!'s cruiserweights inability to get the title away from Raw's Matt Stryker. Stryker suggests that maybe Raw just has the superior cruiserweights. Cross takes offense to this as do some of the other SmackDown! guys and they punish Stryker with a beating. Stryker later challenges Cross to a 3-on-3 match with them as captains. The two select their teammates after a series of tryout matches and all six men look to deliver the goods at WrestleMania. Stryker even offers a title match to whoever manages to win.

Money In the Bank: Mr. Kennedy vs. Scott Blackmore vs. John Morrison vs. Bryan Danielson vs. The Miz vs. Jack Swagger vs. Rhyno vs. AJ Styles vs. Kane vs. Cody Rhodes
What may appear to be a standard race-for-the-briefcase Money in the Bank ladder match, this is actually a nexus of a few personal quarrels, most notably Kennedy & Blackmore, Rhodes & Kane, and Miz & Danielson. Who's snatching the coveted Money in the Bank briefcase this year?

Sean Criss vs. CM Punk
These two top Raw stars have been at each other's throats since Punk unwittingly cost Criss the WWE Title back in October after Criss had only briefly tasted the gold after a lengthy chase. Punk's self-centeredness and ego has only been fueled by the frustration over not being able to win the WWE Title since his arrival on Raw while Criss is motivated by delivering the beating Punk has had coming to him for years. Raw GM Steve Austin has sweetened the pot by making sure the winner of this match has a WWE Title on Raw in the coming month.

Sean O'Haire vs. Batista
This special Raw vs. SmackDown! match came to be after Sean O'Haire ran into Batista at No Way Out and bragged about the suffering HHH was put through. After a few taunts, Batista made his play and started a brawl which ended badly for the Animal. O'Haire suggested that perhaps Batista would fare better in a straight-up match and made his plans to reach the top known: he would go through all of the former Evolution members! Batista, never one to back down, has made his bid to put an end to the rise of O'Haire before it can even begin. Who will survive this battle of monsters?

WWE U.S. Heavyweight Title: Pete Shapiro (c) vs. R-Truth
The truth hurts....and never was it more apparent than when R-Truth showed his true colors and destroyed Shapiro after the two of them came up short in a triple threat Money in the Bank qualifying match. R-Truth now plans to rob Shapiro of his dreams and become the new U.S. Champion in the most humbling way imaginable. The grandest stage of them all will be the setting where this bitterness comes to a head.

WWE Intercontinental Title: MVP (c) vs. Mike Knox vs. Alex Furious vs. Cash Stevens
This fatal-four way brings together two very intense feuds with four men looking to stand out from the pack and take one more step towards the upper-echelon of superstars. Can Mike Knox win his first singles title in the WWE? Will Cash Stevens embark on another long run as champion? Is Alex Furious right when he claims he's one of the top young up-and-comers on SmackDown!? Or is WrestleMania yet another chance for MVP to defy the odds?

The Status Quo vs. Edge and Christian
This extremely intense blood feud began back at Bragging Rights when The Status Quo managed to defeat Team SmackDown! in the main event. Victory, however, wasn't enough for the vile group. Edge and Christian were among the victims of the post-match annihilation and that set in motion the trip to WrestleMania. After costing Bret Banderas and Brian York the Unified Tag Team Titles at the Royal Rumble, Edge and Christian were ready to face the two on an even playing field. The Status Quo, ever eager to prove their dominance, took up this chance to defeat and humiliate one of the most decorated teams in WWE history. Looking at the credentials of Edge and Christian, not just as a team, but as individuals, it may seem like the Status Quo have bitten off more than they can chew. But if history has shown one thing, the Status Quo always seem to be one step ahead of the competion. Will their path to dominance be cut off by two of the WWE's greatest?

WWE Title: Chris Sylvain (c) vs. Randy Orton
Chris Sylain should not be champion. 2015 was supposed to be the year of the Viper. At least that's the feeling that the WWE fans have expressed, a sentiment not shared by the leader of the Status Quo and one of the most dispicable men ever to grace a WWE ring, Chris Sylvain. Just a mere month after winning the title at last year's WrestleMania, Chris Sylvain, having stolen the Money in the Bank contract from Scott Blackmore, turned his back on his own team, allowing the then fledgling Status Quo to defeat Randy Orton and proceeded to cash in his shot all before ousting Blackmore from the group and then taking over. Orton spent the next 10 months recovering from the horrific beating he took but all the while, planning his revenge. The shows after No Way Out saw the Viper vandalize a poster commemorating Sylvain's acheivements over the last year, deliver an actual, live viper as a gift to the Status Quo, and finally appearing live in person to RKO the champion into oblivion. While Sylvain thought he was protected by the 'no rematch' clause of the Money in the Bank, Raw GM Steve Austin reminded the champion that it was voided when Sean Criss had won the title in the triple threat match back at Unforgiven. This epic rematch is sure to be packed with brutality and fury but will Orton's road to redemption be a dead end or will Sylvain's tyranny come to a destructive end?

World Heavyweight Title: Jason Collins (c) vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Ian Moore
After winning the Royal Rumble, Ian Moore's trip to the main event at WrestleMania was a lock. There was just one small problem: Kofi Kingston. Kofi Kingston, determined to win back the gold after his loss to Collins at the Royal Rumble, went into battle once more at No Way Out to regain his status at the top dog on SmackDown!. However, the double countout solved nothing and Kingston was resolute in his quest to get closure. SmackDown! GM the Rock had a solution: both Moore and Kingston would challenge for the title at WrestleMania! This battle of the three most popular SmackDown! stars has been analyzed by nearly everyone in the company but it's now up to them to show who wants it more. Who will receive their vindication in the main event of WrestleMania?

Results later.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #2315
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

WrestleMania 32 results:

Evan Bourne, Don Maiden, and WWE Cruiserweight Champion Matt Stryker defeated Jason Cross, Sean Casey, and Derek Standish when Bourne pinned Cross.

Scott Blackmore won the Money in the Bank contract.

Sean O'Haire pinned Batista.

Sean Criss pinned CM Punk.

Intercontinental Champion MVP retained the title against Mike Knox, Alex Furious, and Cash Stevens when he pinned Knox.

U.S. Heavyweight Champion Pete Shapiro retained the title against R-Truth via pinfall.

The Status Quo defeated Edge and Christian when Bret Banderas forced Edge to submit.

Randy Orton pinned WWE Champion Chris Sylvain to win the title. That makes 11 world titles for Orton.

World Heavyweight Champion Jason Collins retained the title against Kofi Kingston and Ian Moore when he pinned Kingston.

Overall rating: 93%

Match of the night: The Status Quo vs. Edge and Christian with a 96% overall rating.

Onto the draft and Backlash!
Old 05-25-2011, 01:32 AM   #2316
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Another week done. Will probably update these whenever I book a full week so as to not totally spam the thread.

Monday Night Raw – May 9, 2011
R-Truth opens up the show by bringing out Johnny Curtis, who helped Truth win last week. He said that even though he got screwed out of a WWE Title match, gold would soon be around his waist anyway after his business with Morrison is done. He called Curtis the real deal and said that he will soon be cashing in his Tag Team Title shot that he earned by winning NXT Season 4.

Johnny Curtis validated those claims in his match against JTG, looking much more ruthless than he was on NXT. Curtis gets the win after a slingshot legdrop.

Backstage, CM Punk debriefed the Nexus on that night’s plans against Big Show and Kane. Tag team action is up next!

In a match that was far better than I ever thought it would be (84% Match Quality), Big Show and Kane gained a measure of revenge against Husky Harris and Michael McGillicutty following a WMD punch to McGillicutty’s face. The rest of Nexus attacked after, picking their spots behind Mason Ryan’s brute strength. The tag team champions were left laying for a second straight week.

Raw newcomer Drew McIntyre scored what many would deem a massive upset, pinning Rey Mysterio cleanly with the Future Shock after a lengthy bout. Could Raw be where we finally see The Chosen One step up?

Jerry “The King” Lawler and Michael Cole held a contract signing. Cole signed the contract so hastily that he failed to notice that not only is Lawler’s Raw broadcast booth spot on the line, so is Cole’s. An angry Cole called for Jack Swagger, who proceeded to brawl with King.

Eve grabs a win over Maryse following a Moonsault. However the real story is Kharma emerging from the back after, once again feasting upon the loser. Kharma’s now victimized 4 divas.

Alberto Del Rio is out with a microphone. In his first of many promos on Raw, Del Rio hyped that Raw is where he will finally achieve his “destiny”.

Del Rio and Kofi Kingston proceeded to have an awesome 4-star bout before Dolph Ziggler ran out and attacked Kingston for the DQ ending. Ziggler planted Kofi with the Zig Zag before admiring the United States title. Clearly Ziggler has his sight set on gold.

The main event tag team bout of Cena/Morrison vs. Miz/Truth bout saw the face team win following a miscommunication from the heel side. Cena pins Truth following the Attitude Adjustment. Because of this, Cena may pick the stipulation at Over the Limit.

Cena closes out the show by informing Miz that they will wrestle for the WWE Title at Over the Limit in an I QUIT MATCH! Never seen that one before, right?

NXT: Redemption – May 10, 2011
Rookie vs. Pro action starts us off as Tyson Kidd makes Byron Saxton tap out to the Sharpshooter. Neither Kidd’s rookie Lucky Cannon nor Saxton’s pro Yoshi Tatsu were at ringside, both were tending to Maryse backstage after her Kharma attack the night previous.

A fed up Byron Saxton grabs a house mic and says he’s sick of Yoshi putting Maryse before him. He openly issues a challenge to Yoshi for a match next week.

Titus O’Neil gets another victory over Darren Young after Chavo Guerrero’s attempts to interfere were thwarted by the pesky Hornswoggle.

After Yoshi comes out of Maryse’s dressing room, Lucky Cannon jumps him from behind. He leaves Yoshi laying on the concrete before confidently walking into the room.

Jacob Novak and JTG took on Conor O’Brian and Vladimir Kozlov. Novak put too much attention on William Regal at ringside. Novak slapped Regal, which prompted Regal to interfere later in the match to help O’Brian get a pinfall victory over Novak.

Regal challenges Novak to a match for next week, which is accepted. With the first elimination looming next week, it will be an important night for everybody involved.

WWE Superstars – May 12, 2011
“The Canadian Bulldog” David Hart Smith kicks off Superstars with a win over Tyler Reks via Running Powerslam.

The Raw Rebound highlights the Cena/Miz feud. God it’s so easy to book Superstars realistically in this game.

Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins come out to discuss their actions last week. They say that “The Major Broskis” have reunited and they will now fist pump Santino and Kozlov in the face.

The Major Broskis lived up to their word, scoring a hard fought victory over Santino and Kozlov following a Rough Ryder on Kozlov. Woo woo woo, you know it.

SmackDown rebound time to eat another segment. Sheamus sneakily becoming the number one contender is highlighted.

William Regal faces the other Uso brother, Jey – this week in the final tune-up before his match with Novak next week. A Regal match shockingly pulls only a 56% rating thanks to Jey not selling. Regal wards off Jimmy before making Jey tap out to the Regal Stretch.

Friday Night SmackDown – May 13, 2011
Intercontinental champion Wade Barrett opened the show against Trent Barreta. Barreta very nearly pulled off the upset, but Barrett reversed an attempted Dudebuster DDT into a Wasteland for the win.

Barrett celebrated with The Corre and boasted on the mic about how they are better off without Ezekiel Jackson. Speaking of which, Gabriel and Slater want to face him in a tag match right now.

Zeke selected his opponent from last week, Daniel Bryan, as his partner. After a fairly even tag bout, Zeke got the hot tag and was able to get a head of steam, pinning Slater after the Book of Ezekiel.

Brodus Clay picked up a huge win over The Great Khali with some help from Alex Riley. Both men stomped a mudhole into Khali after. The new tag team have made another statement by taking out the biggest dog in the SmackDown yard.

Christian was backstage for an interview. He discussed that night’s main event as well as his forthcoming Over the Limit match with Sheamus.

Cody Rhodes came out and insulted the crowd as per usual, providing paper bags for everybody. He decided to sit in on commentary for the upcoming bout.

Sin Cara once again thrilled the crowd with his dazzling high risk offense in a win over Ted DiBiase. Rhodes seemed particularly interested in Cara on commentary. Cara responded the only way he knows how – by pointing!

A banged up Great Khali is once again confronted backstage by Jinder Mahal. Mahal yelled at him, presumably calling Khali weak.

In a match between two of SmackDown’s newest divas, Natalya made Alicia Fox tap out to the Sharpshooter. As expected, Kharma made her frightening presence known afterwards – planting the losing Fox with an Implant Buster.

Randy Orton expressed displeasure over not being the number one contender, but assured everybody that it would only be a matter of time before the Viper strikes gold again.

The main event tag match pitted Christian and Randy Orton against Sheamus and Mark Henry (sound familiar?) Christian sets Henry up for the Killswitch, but Sheamus charges. Orton intercepts him and nails an RKO, allowing Christian to complete his move on Henry for the victory. Christian and Orton shook hands, although the tension was evident.

-----

And now for this week’s elimination!

Number drawn: 140

Stone Cold Steve Austin has been released

Release Tally
Week 1: Chris Masters
Week 2: Stone Cold Steve Austin

-----

Fuck. Not sure how often I would have used Austin, but he'd guarantee huge segment ratings whenever I used him. Also have plans for some Tough Enough guys that Austin could have helped get over. Ah well.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:45 AM   #2317
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Big week here. 4 shows plus a PPV and an elimination.

Monday Night Raw – May 16, 2011
The Raw GM announces that tonight, Cena and Miz will pick each other’s opponents. Miz is up first. Cena decides to let Jerry “The King” Lawler get one last crack at him. Good match between the two. Cole signals for Jack Swagger to come out and wreak havoc on Cole’s Over the Limit opponent. The interference is botched, and King connects with the Fist Drop for the surprising win! Surely this is bad momentum for Miz going into Sunday!

Michael Cole berates Jack Swagger for his screw up, and slaps him in the face. Swagger looks like he’s about to snap. How much more abuse at the hands of Cole can he take?

Backstage, we see Mason Ryan and David Otunga laid out in the Nexus locker room, presumably by Kane and the Big Show. Punk is beside himself.

Brie Bella defends the Divas title against Kelly Kelly. Shitty match that the crowd didn’t care about because of the good opener. Brie retains after a Switcheroo with Nikki. Kharma comes out and chases off everybody.

Dolph Ziggler/Drew McIntyre vs. Rey Mysterio/Kofi Kingston. Really lengthy, awesome tag team bout – everybody clicked in this one. After the usual flurry of finishers towards the end, Ziggler comes out of nowhere with a Zig Zag to pin Kofi for the win. Bah gawd if that happens on Sunday we’ll have a new champion!

John Morrison cuts a promo, hyping his street fight against R-Truth on Sunday. This got an 87% Overall rating. So much for him not having any charisma as a face.

OMG it’s Zack Ryder on Raw!!! He faces Evan Bourne in a fast-paced encounter. Bourne eventually takes control and ascends to the top rope. As he attempts Air Bourne, Curt Hawkins reaches into the ring and pulls Ryder away. Ryder climbs on top of Bourne for the win. Has the Ryder Revolution begun?

Since Show and Kane knocked out their planned opponents for the night, the Raw GM ordered them to put their Tag Titles on the line against R-Truth and Johnny Curtis (Curtis finally gets his NXT tag title shot!) Morrison comes out midway through to do commentary. Truth winds up ignoring the match and jawing at Morrison before brawling with him. Meanwhile, Curtis eats a WMD as Show and Kane retain.

Punk crashes the celebration. He says the Nexus is stronger than Show and Kane will ever know – and as such he knows a mystery man who would gladly be his partner for a Tag Title Match at Over the Limit. Show and Kane accept.

John Cena cuts a promo about Sunday’s match. Alberto Del Rio walks by and tells Cena he’s been hand-picked by Miz to be his opponent. That match is next!

Fairly standard Raw main event quality-wise, but the crowd is red hot. As expected, Miz makes a nuisance of himself which allows Del Rio to lock on the Rolling Armbar. Since he’s Super Cena, the move is locked in for way longer than anybody else as he finally passes out from the pain and his arm is dropped three times for the loss. Miz pounds on him some more and promises Cena that on Sunday he’ll say something he didn’t say tonight – I quit!

NXT: Redemption – May 17, 2011
On the night of the first elimination, Lucky Cannon grabs a huge win against a WWE Superstar – defeating Yoshi Tatsu via underhanded tactics.

As Lucky celebrates his win, Maryse enters the ring and assists Yoshi. She helps Yoshi to his feet before promptly kicking him in the balls, sending him back to the mat in agony. Maryse leaves hand-in-hand with Lucky.

Darren Young and Byron Saxton vs. Conor O’Brian and Titus O’Neil. Shitty match as Titus didn’t sell. Saxton looks impressive and gets Titus reeling before Young makes a blind tag. Young plants his finisher on Titus and gets the pin, basically stealing the win from Saxton. Saxton is not happy about it.

William Regal cuts his standard awesome impassioned promo before his match against Jacob Novak.

Try as he might, Novak couldn’t back up his talk. He was no match for the far more experienced Regal, taking a hard knee to the face before being locked into the Regal Stretch for the loss.

Elimination time, and Jacob Novak is the first one out for the second season in a row. Matt Striker announces that the next elimination will be next week!

WWE Superstars – May 19, 2011
Curt Hawkins enters first. Then comes Santino, who cuts a comedic promo on Hawkins on his way to the ring.

After a fun match, Santino gets some revenge on Hawkins, pinning him following the Cobra.

SmackDown Rebound. NEXT.

Some divas tag team action next as Beth Phoenix and Gail Kim went up against Maryse and Melina. Pretty standard divas tag match. In the end, the power of the Glamazon was too much to overcome as she pinned Melina after a Glam Slam.

Raw Rebound. NEXT.

Superstars is usually good for matches of high quality. This night was no exception, as Trent Barreta and Chavo Guerrero went to war in a high octane battle. The young Barreta scored what some would consider an upset, pinning Guerrero following a brutal Dudebuster DDT.

Friday Night SmackDown – May 20, 2011
Cody Rhodes opens up with a cryptic, disturbing promo. As per usual, he distributes paper bags to the fans and requests that they wear them.

Rhodes vs. Sin Cara is next. The commentators reference Rhodes being on commentary for Cara’s match last week. Fantastic match with lots of high spots. Cara begins setting up for his finish before Rhodes slides out of the ring and walks off. The announcers get on Cody’s case for taking the easy way out.

Daniel Bryan and Ezekiel Jackson team up once again to take on Brodus Clay and Alex Riley. Match is going all fine and dandy before The Corre interject and try distracting their rivals. The end result is Bryan taking a Riley TKO for the loss. The Corre beat down Bryan and Zeke before WILLIAM REGAL of all people comes to their rescue!

Regal says that he’s sick of seeing the man he mentored being pushed around, and issues a challenge for Regal/Bryan/Zeke vs. the Corre at Over the Limit. Challenge accepted.

Randy Orton interview, discussing his match against Sheamus tonight and his match against Mark Henry at Over the Limit. Blah.

Orton and Sheamus have a long, awesome match. Mark Henry botches his attempted interference, which sees Sheamus eat an RKO for the loss. Henry and Sheamus beat down Orton until Christian runs out for the save.

Tyson Kidd and The Great Khali met in a shit match that the crowd couldn’t have cared less about. Jinder Mahal is at ringside and Khali keeps worrying himself about what he’s saying/doing. Kidd keeps working the legs and eventually makes Khali tap to the Sharpshooter.

Jinder Mahal slaps Khali before yelling at him some more. Khali still does nothing about it.

All-face divas tag team action next as Natalya and Layla met up against Tamina and Kaitlyn. Standard short divas match that ends with Natalya making Tamina tap out to the Sharpshooter – 2 matches in a row with the Sharpshooter ending strangely. Kharma comes out and assaults Tamina after.

Riley and Clay cut a good promo backstage, boasting their win – conveniently ignoring the interference. They promise that they will make another big statement next week.

Christian and Mark Henry have a pretty bleh main event since their styles clash. Sheamus interferes this time, and decides not to be secretive about it. He jumps right into the ring and plants a Brogue Kick on Christian for the DQ ending. A beatdown ensues. Orton runs out and pulls Sheamus off of Christian but is then blindsided by Henry. The heels have the momentum heading into Over the Limit and stand tall to end the show.

WWE Over the Limit – May 22, 2011
Dark Match: Sin Cara def. Jimmy Uso (no Jey, he got checked into rehab) with the Moonsault Slam. **1/4, 72% Overall

The Corre def. Ezekiel Jackson, Daniel Bryan, and William Regal thanks to interference from a returning Skip Sheffield. When the invariable pier six brawl broke out, Sheffield came in through the crowd and gave Regal, his former NXT Pro, a lariat from hell. Barrett got the pin. **3/4, 78% Overall

Kofi Kingston pinned Dolph Ziggler via Trouble in Paradise to retain the United States Title. ***3/4, 86% Overall

Randy Orton pinned Mark Henry via RKO. **, 80% Overall

R-Truth pinned John Morrison in a street fight via Lie Detector. Johnny Curtis made a nuisance of himself the whole time and certainly helped Truth grab the win. ***3/4, 86% Overall

Christian pinned Sheamus via Killswitch to retain the World Heavyweight Title. ***, 84% Overall

CM Punk promised his mystery partner would arrive, but he worked most of the match solo. Nexus interjected themselves, taking Kane out of the mix. Punk locked Show in a chokehold that got Show to his knees. Suddenly, Michael Tarver (bandana and all) emerged from the crowd and hopped onto the apron. Punk tagged him in, and Tarver leveled Show with the huge knockout punch he never got to showcase on NXT. Tarver and Punk win the belts! ***3/4, 84% Overall

Jerry “The King” Lawler pinned Michael Cole via Royal Fist Drop. Cole kept trying to cheat and was finally thwarted by Jack Swagger, turning Swagger face. Swagger locked in an Ankle Lock on Cole for good measure post-match. 1/2*, 79% Overall

John Cena made The Miz say “I Quit” via STF using the ring ropes. Cena retains the WWE Title. ***1/4, 88% Overall

83% Overall Rating for Over the Limit
1.89 Buy Rate

-----

Number drawn: 70

Jimmy Uso has been released

Release Tally
Week 3: Jimmy Uso

-----

Phew. Dodged a bullet there, was only a couple of numbers away from Cena and Morrison. I wasn't going to do anything with The Usos, and Jey getting put in rehab this week made them even more expendable. Still, the SmackDown roster is far lighter than the Raw roster and I just lost a tag team when I was trying to build the division. May have to make some more call-ups soon.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #2318
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Monday Night Raw – May 23, 2011
The show opens up in typical post-PPV fashion, with Cena celebrating his title win. It is announced that a brand new number one contender will be announced tonight in a match between longtime rivals Rey Mysterio and Alberto Del Rio.

CM Punk leads a Nexus promo before formally reintroducing Michael Tarver to the group. Tarver says a few menacing words of his own. The Raw GM announces that Big Show and Kane will invoke their rematch clause next week. Until then, they have other opponents – Santino and Kozlov!

The Nexus win the match, with Tarver laying out Santino with a huge right hand. That’s two knockout punches in two nights for Tarver.

United States champion Kofi Kingston and Zack Ryder have a great non-title match. Curt Hawkins interferes, which leads to an enormous upset win for Ryder. The Ryder Revolution truly has begun, as in a matter of weeks he’s built himself into a title contender.

The Miz promo. He promises he’ll be making an impact soon and that he’ll be back in the title contender before long, etc.

8-diva tag action. Kelly, Gail, Beth, and Eve vs. The Bellas, Melina, and Maryse. The face team wins after a Glam Slam on Melina.

Kharma comes out after the bout as all 8 divas stand in the ring. Kharma DOESN’T break down and cry. Instead, she teases getting in the ring before jumping back off the apron and laughing maniacally. The divas appear to be unnerved.

John Morrison and Drew McIntyre have a fantastic, nearly 4 star match. Morrison nearly has it won but R-Truth runs out for the DQ ending. Despite winning last night, Truth still continues to make Morrison’s life a living hell.

Michael Cole is in the ring. He criticizes Jack Swagger for turning on him and accuses him of being pathetic and unloyal.

Swagger shrugs off the insults before destroying Primo in a squash match. Primo taps to the Ankle Lock. Swagger points at Cole and celebrates, and when he turns around, Dolph Ziggler is charging at him. Swagger dugs and sends Ziggler flying over the top. What is the meaning of that?

Alberto Del Rio and Rey Mysterio tear the house down with an excellent main event. Miz inexplicably runs out and trips up Rey, which leads to Del Rio capitalizing for the win to become the brand new number one contender. Miz and Del Rio continue the beat down on Rey before Cena runs out for the save. Miz and Del Rio smugly back their way up the ramp as Raw goes off the air.

NXT: Redemption – May 24, 2011
Titus O’Neil and Conor O’Brian have a really terrible match to open the show. 52% Overall Rating. Yikes. Titus not selling didn’t help matters. Conor gets the big win following a full nelson slam.

Backstage, Lucky Cannon and Maryse are plotting – clearly up to no good!

Cannon had a huge task ahead of him with a bout against WWE Pro Vladimir Kozlov. Lucky did quite well for himself, controlling the pace most of the way. Eventually Vlad’s sambo expertise came to the forefront, causing Maryse to save her man with a well-placed shot to Vlad’s nuts for the DQ ending. Lucky then added on his finisher as the happy couple laughed at the damage they caused.

Backstage, Chavo Guerrero and Darren Young were talking. Normally these two are friends – but tonight they are enemies in a Pros vs. Rookies tag team bout!

The tag team match was anything but, as Chavo jumped off the apron from the get go – leaving Yoshi Tatsu to face Darren Young and Byron Saxton on his own. Yoshi got beaten down for much of the match before eventually making the face rally. Saxton went to tag in Young and Young jumped off the apron and angrily walked off, to the surprise of everybody including his pro Chavo Guerrero. Saxton eats a Buzzsaw Kick for the loss.

Before the elimination is announced, Matt Striker asks Darren Young to explain his actions moments ago. Young trashes NXT, saying he was a Raw superstar and never should have been brought back. He said he received a phone call recently – and because of that call, he no longer needs to tolerate this crap. So don’t bother eliminating anybody – because he quits! Young storms off to the shock of everybody. What does next week have in store when yet another elimination will take place?

WWE Superstars – May 26, 2011
Re-match of last week’s main event between Chavo Guerrero and Trent Barreta. After another good match, Chavo gets the better of the exchange this time and wins after a roll-up while hooking the tights.

SmackDown Rebound.

JTG pins Tyler Reks with whatever the fuck his finisher is.

Raw Rebound.

Dolph Ziggler is out to cut a promo before his main event match.

Dolph Ziggler and Evan Bourne’s main event was disappointing. It was decent but I guess I expected it to be really good just based on who was involved. Ah well, guess their styles didn’t gel. Regardless, after the lengthy bout Ziggler grabs the win after a Zig Zag.

Friday Night SmackDown – May 27, 2011
World Heavyweight champion Christian kicks off the show by discussing his triumph over Sheamus at Over the Limit. He says he looks forward to seeing who his next challenger will be.

Theodore Long comes out and informs Christian that tonight there will be a rematch from Sunday – Orton vs. Henry, the winner will be the new number one contender.

A battle of the big men up next as Kane faces off against Brodus Clay. Kane eventually takes control, leading to Alex Riley jumping in and causing a DQ. Kane eventually fights them off and bodypresses Riley over the top rope onto Clay. Kane looks ready for his tag title re-match on Monday!

Backstage, Jinder Mahal is seen screaming at The Great Khali. Khali seems to take the abuse as he has in the past. The two will meet in the ring tonight.

6-diva tag team action. Natalya, Layla, and Kaitlyn defeat Alicia Fox, Rosa Mendes, and Tamina after a Sharpshooter on Fox. Kharma comes out and much like on Raw, the divas unite and Kharma backs off while laughing maniacally again.

Christian is walking in the hallway and he encounters Sheamus. Sheamus promises Christian that it’s not over between the two of them.

Jinder Mahal vs. The Great Khali was hardly a match. Mahal slapped Khali a few times and seemingly ordered Khali to lay on his back. Khali obliged, and Mahal had the easiest first win ever. What is this power that Mahal possess over Khali?

Wade Barrett leads The Corre to the ring, and he officially welcomes Skip Sheffield into the group. Sheffield reminds everybody that he was a loyal member of Nexus back in the day and Wade never actually kicked him out. Now that his ankle has healed, the SmackDown roster is in for a world of hurt – especially his former WWE Pro, William Regal.

Sheffield and Regal had a pretty good match, with a lot of stiff shots I imagine. The Corre cause trouble and distractions, which leads to Sheffield landing a huge lariat for the win over his former Pro. Daniel Bryan and Ezekiel Jackson run out, but the man advantage The Corre has proves to be too great.

With Cody Rhodes watching from ringside, Sin Cara and Chavo Guerrero put on a fantastic 4-star clinic, probably better than the ones they had in real life. Cara stays undefeated following the Moonsault Slam. As he celebrates, Cody Rhodes jumps him from behind and plants him with the Cross Rhodes. Perhaps Cody would like a rematch from last week.

Much like their match at Over the Limit, the Orton/Henry bout was nothing to write home about – but the crowd was into it so whatever. Sheamus runs out towards the end and attacks not just Orton, but Henry as well. This causes a no contest. What does this mean for the number one contendership? I don’t know! Tune in next week to find out!

-----

Number drawn: 77

Justin Gabriel has been released

Release Tally
Week 3: Jimmy Uso
Week 4: Justin Gabriel

-----

FUCK. Not happy about that at all. His stats made him one of the best all-around workers on the roster. Moreover, it's a huge dent in the Corre/Anti-Corre feud I had going. I had Darren Young "quit" NXT with the idea of having him join the Nexus and get them back to 7 members - but now I may add him to The Corre just so I can try to continue the storyline along the same path I was going.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #2319
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Is it wrong that at times I would rather watch what is booked in this thread than what TNA churns out from time to time?
Old 06-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #2320
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Sounds perfectly logical. I don't even know who half the guys in your game are and it still sounds way better than TNA.

By the way, gonna have Darren Young re-join the Nexus as scheduled. Just realized I can use Gabriel's release as a chance to add a Corre member from out of left field. I can call up a certain uber-talented guy from FCW who should put on fucking fantastic matches with Daniel Bryan. I probably would have wasted this guy away on NXT Season 6 otherwise.