TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Old 03-30-2021, 10:04 PM   #3001
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Luscious is a great name. Sometimes I wonder what the head of development is smoking wanting people called up with bad stats.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 03:44 AM   #3002
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
And I have Ricky Steamboat as my NXT guy.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:30 AM   #3003
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Superstars: July 12, 2040

We open with Noah Carmichael who wants to talk about the King of the Ring. He was hoping to not have to participate in this year's tournament because he had big plans for 2040, namely being the Unified World Champion at this point in time. Unfortunately, life tends to have different plans for you whether you like them or not; and make no mistake, he definitely doesn't like Butch Fleming. Fleming came in and just had to ruin everything but really that's all knows how to do. He's not even a destroyer; he'd at least be threatening if that were the case. "So let me end on this because I know we've got a show to get started: if Fleming manages to squeeze his way past Kerry Cemenko at King of the Ring, he needs to understand what he's walking into come SummerSlam. I am on the path to winning this tournament and there won't be anything to save you."

Cue Xavier Cross who comes out to the stage to address Carmichael. Cross points out that it's easy for Carmichael to talk about being on a path to winning when he hasn't had to work as hard to get to where he's at. Everyone else had to earn their way into the quarterfinals, which is what Cross plans to do tonight by knocking that arrogant rookie, Alexander Piero, out of contention! Carmichael got a free ride into the quarterfinals! Hell, there's really no reason for Carmichael to be here other than to cater to these morons! Unless Carmichael plans on lacing up and walking the walk, Cross thinks Carmichael should beat it and leave tonight for the real hard workers!

Carmichael isn't swayed and actually offers to take Cross up on his challenge. Carmichael will face anyone who's brave enough to take a swing tonight and he'll even make it worth their while: if they can beat him, they can take his spot in the King of the Ring tournament. Anyone can take advantage of this offer...even Cross, you know, if things don't go his way tonight against Piero.

Backstage, Clubber Harris has been watching the exchange between Carmichael and Cross and is joined by Chris Collins. Collins wants to put Harris at ease. Yes, tonight they are opponents in the tournament but no matter the outcome there shouldn't be any hard feelings between the two of them. Collins even offers Harris the first shot at the Unified Title after he wins it at SummerSlam. Harris objects to this stating that Collins needs to survive tonight first.

First Match: Stanley Coleman and Caleb Greene vs. Galino & Farnes
Ugh, this is quite a charisma black hole here. Luckily they're all talented as fuck otherwise this would've been a train wreck. Also, Aphrodite is involved for her team on the face side and she's always a boon. In fact she uses her feminine wiles here to distract Jimmy Farnes and Greene takes advantage, grounding him and coming off the top with the Green With Envy for the pin. ****1/2, 88% overall.

Second Match: King of the Ring Second Round - Clubber Harris vs. Chris Collins
Yes, this is heel vs. heel (and boy, does the crowd reaction show it) but I have a plan...sort of. I have to justify having these guys on the roster somehow. Anyways, Collins throws out any sort of comradery in the end as he uses the tights on a roll up and gets the pin to advance to the quarterfinals. He tries to justify himself to Harris afterwards but Harris isn't having it and spits in Collins' face and walks off. ****1/4, 83% overall.

We go backstage to the number one contender to the Women's Title, Tania. Tania talks about how appropriate it would be to win the title at King of the Ring: the all-mighty Queen of Queens who goes around sticking it in the face of everyone getting dethroned at such an event would be the talk of the town and the culmination of a journey for Tania. Naomi's going to learn the hard way that Tania doesn't kneel to anyone.

Third Match: The Wyldhearts vs. The Young Bloods
More number one contenders being featured here as the Wyldhearts need to BUILD MOMENTUM! Vivian Merrick once again raises questions by being out here while the Wyldhearts are competing and goes as far as being at ringside. This is more 'pretty boy team being clobbered by the big bad heels' stuff and it's tremendous. Sully Lane makes verbal threats towards Vivian accusing her of being in cahoots with the Wyldhearts. Blaine Bellamey plays white knight stopping any possible shenanigans from Lane while Robbie Greer makes a comeback after Matt Riley is distracted with the proceedings. One Heartstopper later and the Wyldhearts get the win. Vivian looks pleased but that comes to an end when the Future Foundation come down to lay out their challengers. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Backstage, Brandon Reigns wants to be absolutely clear in case his actions on Raw against Paul Andrews were a bit confusing. Conner Buchanan doesn't deserve a title match. He deserves what Andrews got and then some but Reigns wants to be generous so he'll just stick with the verbal warning...for now.

Fourth Match: King of the Ring Second Round - Xavier Cross vs. Alexander Piero
Probably Piero's biggest test to date going against a former Intercontinental and Unified World Champion in Cross. He is undefeated, though, so he's got that going for him. That and the fact that Cross is quite unfamiliar with him. Piero holds his own for a good chunk of the match but it's the experience factor that sways things as Cross escapes an attempt at the Flashpoint and stacks up Piero using the ropes for the leverage. Cross ends Piero's winning ways and advances to the quarterfinals. *****, 94% overall.

Fifth Match: Jenna Kyle vs. Hannah McCormick
Well this is nothing but win here. They have your usual run-of-the-mill kickass match as Jenna is fired up with her frustrations from the past few weeks. She looks like she's got this well in hand until Leah decides to poke the bear again and run in for the DQ. Bad move on her part as Faith Connors decides to run in to make things an even fight. The heels get driven off and Faith and Jenna stand tall. *****, 97% overall.

Sixth Match: Noah Carmichael vs. ???
Carmichael reiterates the stipulations here. Anyone wanting to make a name for themselves by knocking out the biggest dog in the fight is welcome to walk that aisle and take aim. It's not going to be a picnic, though, as he's looking for any excuse to send a message to the other competitors in this tournament. So who's feeling lucky?

JASON SOROLA!!! He claims to have been screwed over and deserves a second chance and is certainly more deserving than someone like Carmichael. Carmichael demands the bell be rung and this shit is on....

Sixth Match: Noah Carmichael vs. Jason Sorola
Sorola is laser focused here and shows no intimidation all things considered. It's a hell of a contest as Sorola looks to sneak a pin off of several surprise near falls. Ultimately it's just not Sorola's night as Carmichael hits the Quick Draw and stays in the game. *****, 96% overall.

MAIN EVENT: King of the Ring Second Round - Seth Von Kamp vs. Kyle Jacobs
This will close out the second round and determine our last competitor for the quarterfinals. Two faces going at it and Von Kamp uses the experience advantage to control for the most part. Brandon Reigns decides to make a nuisance of himself by showing up at ringside, mocking Jacobs whenever he can. The end comes when Conner Buchanan comes down the aisle looking to get him some of Reigns. The shenanigans on the outside distracts Jacobs enough for Von Kamp to score a surprise Collapse of Society for the win and the spot in the quarterfinals. ****1/2, 90% overall.

Overall show rating: 88%
Old 04-01-2021, 08:12 AM   #3004
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Let's update them brackets!

Last edited by M-A-G; 04-01-2021 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:33 AM   #3005
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
For some reason I picture Galino and Farnes being a team stuck in the 80s and I have no idea why. Could see them coming out in glittery jackets with their names on them and just being generic heels.

Bold to throw a heel vs. heel match out there but in the context of a real-world wrestling promotion, I think you actually SHOULD have the odd match like that here and there, it helps mess up the bracket positions for people who think every match will be face vs. heel.

The Young Bucks need to be transported to this game universe to face The Young Bloods. Seems like easy marketing.

Three 5 star singles matches in a row including the Jenna/Hannah slobberknocker. Naturally I'm sure they were fighting over who gets to slobber my knocker.

Gotta say I didn't know if I saw Von Camp getting to the Elite 8, that's a nice run.

Looking at the brackets, didn't Collins screw over Harris to advance? In any event, Clubber Harris is a cool name. I picture him being a badass black dude but that's because Clubber Lang is the immediate thought.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:46 AM   #3006
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Shit, I need to correct that Harris mistake.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:58 AM   #3007
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Galino & Farnes are supposed to be slimy and shady legal 'advisors'. I got the name from a Late Show skit. I'd like to do more with them but their charisma sucks donkey dongs. I'd need to saddle them with a manager or make them the muscle for some douche heel.

I vary things up when I can and definitely for King of the Ring, especially when it's going to lead to a program down the road. My only challenge is finding a different winner for each year. I've only done repeat winners twice. Well, three if you count Queen of the Ring but I think it's fair to say Jenna is worth it.

Like I said, I wish there was a way to trade workers amongst other people's games. I'd give you my tag teams in a heart beat. Jenna and Awesome Kong would also be something. That something being a slobber knocker.

I told you I had something planned for Von Kamp. He's a low key favorite of mine but for whatever reason or another things always pass him over. I think he's gone 10 years in the game and I haven't put a singles belt on him.

Clubber Harris is supposed to be my big scary bad ass black dude so I guess the name served its purpose. I thought I'd used him up but screw it, I'll find something for him. Nothing like a good turn to refresh things.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:11 AM   #3008
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

There we go. Too early in the morning to be thinking straight, I guess.

Old 04-01-2021, 11:07 AM   #3009
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

SmackDown!: July 13, 2040

We open with our glorious boss and leader, Lisa Benton. She mentions that tonight will be a night off as far as the King of the Ring tournament goes as all four quarterfinal matches will take place on Raw. The participants aren't having an easy night, however. All eight of the participants, along with Kerry Cemenko and the Unified World Champion Butch Fleming will face each other in the main event in a 10-man tag team match. Also, Brandon Reigns kind of owes Kyle Jacobs a little something considering what went down last night on Superstars. So tonight Brandon Reigns will face Kyle Jacobs one-on-one.

Backstage, Vivian Merrick is with her clients, the Future Foundation and tries to assure them and the audience that there is nothing going on between her and the Wyldhearts. She's only been scouting them as any good manager would do for her champions. Rick Hilton and Julian Merrick are the best team in the WWE and the reason for that is they are kept up to date on any and all potential threats to the Unified Tag Team Titles. At King of the Ring it's going to be amazing when the Future Foundation retains the gold. It'll almost be as amazing as getting an apology from them for wild accusations. That last line causes the Future Foundation to shoot Vivian a dirty look and she walks off after a bit of awkward silence.

First Match: Shawn Dangerson vs. Romeo Valiente
Speaking of managers doing some scouting, Sophie Waters is on the ramp watching the proceedings with interest. Both men are in rebuild mode here tonight as they look to claw their way through the cruiserweight ranks. Dangerson looks like a new man here tonight and he carries himself well all the way to a submission win after locking in the Danger Zone. Waters looks quite impressed. ****1/2, 83% overall.

Ugh, dud show.

Backstage, Martyn LaSalle wants to talk about how he's not the guy Hotbody wants to try his goofy antics on. Hotbody himself is even aware of that fact as that coward of a Cruiserweight Champion hasn't been seen since LaSalle chased him away on Raw. Hotbody is going to need to try some other tactic when it comes to facing LaSalle at King of the Ring. He might have to actually, you know, WRESTLE? Friends, acquaintances, companions...WHATEVER! It's fleeting compared to being able to win that Cruiserweight Title. Hotbody wanted to ruin LaSalle's summer? LaSalle's going to ruin Hotbody's God damn life!

The interview comes to a pause when LaSalle notices a rather, um...striking woman who has been slowly approaching him. She introduces herself as Luscious and she's been waiting for the right moment to make herself known to potential clients. She's had her eye on LaSalle for a long time but if she's being honest, she's not really approaching him as a manager right now. Talented as he is, and there's no doubt he'll win the Cruiserweight Title, everyone needs a little TLC every once in a while. She puts an exclamation point on her statement by stroking her finger under LaSalle's chin and walks away leaving him in thought.

Second Match: Stone Walsh vs. Ronnie Costello
Well, I've got quite a lot of guys in the main event so I've got to use somebody to fill the time. Carmella Costello runs interference for her brother allowing Ronnie to score a cheap pin using the ropes. Frankie decides to run down and continue her drama with Carmella by instigating a catfight. ****1/2, 81% overall.

Quentin McDaniels is backstage and is miffed at Noah Carmichael's lighter work schedule in regards to King of the Ring. He doesn't think Carmichael's efforts on Superstars last night was good enough. If Carmichael were any kind of man, he'd make it so that if his team loses tonight, he's out of the tournament.

Third Match: WWE Women's Champion Naomi Bailey, Leah, and Hannah McCormick vs. Tania, Faith Connors, and Jenna Kyle
Save this show, my beauties!!! Faith and Jenna should be excluded from the dud show's ravenous effects! Anyways, we've got some feud stream-crossing going on here. Nathan Quinn makes it a point to make himself useful by tripping up Faith and that allows Hannah to capitalize with a rope-assisted pin for the victory. ****1/2, 84% overall.

Backstage, Kerry Cemenko wants to question Butch Fleming if putting him through a table was all that was up his devious sleeve. He asks that Fleming take a good look because Kerry Cemenko is still standing right here, ready to walk into tonight's main event and show not just Fleming, but everyone looking to win that King of the Ring tournament what's in store for them. "What else you got, Butch?" he asks before taking his leave.

Fourth Match: WWE Intercontinental Champion Brandon Reigns vs. Kyle Jacobs
This is non-title as Reigns points out emphatically. Jacobs barely deserves this match let alone another shot at the title but Reigns will humor Lisa Benton because he's feeling generous. This isn't as good as their Night of Champions encounter because fuck the dud show but they still get through this well enough. The end comes when Reigns makes it a point to ram Jacobs into the ring post again, busting open Jacobs. This time Reigns opts for a cheap count out win. Afterwards, Reigns decides Jacobs needs to suffer some more and he works on opening up Jacobs some more. Conner Buchanan runs down to make the save and put an end to the brutality. *****, 85% overall.

Fifth Match: Gavin Jones vs. King Kavovit
Continuing this little feud between their respective teams, this is another awesome outing that gives the finger to the dud show. Kavovit resorts to some hidden brass knuckles to score the cheap win and he runs away. *****, 89% overall.

MAIN EVENT: WWE Unified World Champion Butch Fleming, Quentin McDaniels, Chris Collins, Salvatore Scabbia, and Xavier Cross vs. Kerry Cemenko, Haven, Seth Von Kamp, Ryan Pattillo, and Noah Carmichael
Carmichael agrees to the stipulations proposed by McDaniels earlier in that he'll drop out of the tournament if his team loses. The tension surrounding wanting to be the King of the Ring makes it rough for either team to really be on the same page. Anyways, it's multi-man goodness all around that comes to an end when Clubber Harris saunters down to the ring and 'accidentally' screws things up for Chris Collins which allows Kerry Cemenko to land the Curb Stomp and score the win for his team. MOMENTUM HAS BEEN BUILT! ****1/2, 84% overall.

Overall show rating: 84%
Old 04-01-2021, 10:53 PM   #3010
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
Galino & Farnes are supposed to be slimy and shady legal 'advisors'. I got the name from a Late Show skit. I'd like to do more with them but their charisma sucks donkey dongs. I'd need to saddle them with a manager or make them the muscle for some douche heel.
Michael Hotbody trying to bring Galino and Farnes in to sue Lisa Benton would be gold. Toss in Zed as a the muscle and you got a whole group that can stand behind Hotbody while he speaks.

I like the inklings of a Dangerson push.

Lots of multi-man (and multi-woman) goodness, keeping everything going nicely. Incorporating the KOTR brackets into things is good.

I don't think the dud show is the fault of bad booking. I can only assume the arena vendor was giving out shitty food.
Old 04-01-2021, 11:44 PM   #3011
OssMan
The Classic Dylan Staples

OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Nice tourney
OssMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 01:14 AM   #3012
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Raw: July 16, 2040

We open with another edition of the Hot Ticket with everyone's favorite host, The Undefeated Steel Cage Master, Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect, the Cruiserweight Champion Michael Hotbody. Hotbody wants to talk about some of the regrets he's been having. "I regret what happened last week when Zed Jones got screwed out of his King of the Ring match because of Martyn LaSalle. I also regret not being able to make it to Superstar because I would have totally taken Noah Carmichael up on his offer and I would have totally beat him and go on to win the King of the Ring. Really, when you think about it, I gave up my spot and had I competed or even managed to be inserted into Noah Carmichael's position, there's no question I would have been this year's winner. So it's only fair and fitting that I am awarded a new moniker and that is the REAL 2040 King of the Ring, because let's face it, everyone involved right now is only there because I allowed it. But I'll tell you what is probably my biggest regret. I should've gone with a blonde instead of a redhead last week for Martyn LaSalle's potential companion. I mean, granted he'd have probably been ungrateful regardless but I think I would have had a better match considering what went down on SmackDown!. Everyone's talking about this new woman on the scene and what her plans are. Well, I'll say this much, those plans might be a little short sighted if she's looking to get her paws on someone like Martyn LaSalle. Well, no matter the case the Hot Ticket is all about bring you the hottest scoops and I wasted no time in arranging tonight's interview to dig right into the good stuff. Please welcome to the show, LUSCIOUS!"

Luscious sure enough makes her way out and joins Hotbody in the ring and takes a mic. Hotbody proceeds with the questioning. "Now, first things first, there's no way your parents saddled you with that name right? OK, OK, I'm just teasing but let's get down to brass tacks. With you being the new face in town and looking to make an impact here in the WWE, how does it feel being in the presence of THE hottest star going on today, yours truly, the greatest Cruiserweight Champion this company has seen in years?"

"Honestly? It feels like I'm looking at a fraud."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, I am not a fraud. Have you actually been paying attention to the program as you so boldly claimed? Do you know what I have been through to be where I am right now? Actually, a better question would be why didn't you approach me as your first contact? I'M the guy with the belt and the fancy show and the sweetest dance moves! Here, look at me go..."

"Look, look, please...stop. Listen, I don't know if anyone's ever told you this but I'll be more than happy to be the first; um...you're kind of a big dork."

"Hey, hey! Just who do you think you are talking to me like that?!? I am not a dork! I barely tolerated smart ass remarks like that from the boss so I sure as hell am not going to take it from some nobody fresh off the turnip truck! I'M MICHAEL HOTBODY, DAMMIT! All the guys want to be my friend and all the ladies want me on their speed dial because they know where the hot stuff is!"

"Hot stuff or not I came into the WWE looking for the talent and whether or not I'm fortunate enough to be able to claim him as I client, I believe Martyn LaSalle is just the talent to take that Cruiserweight Title from you at King of the Ring. These people here all know it because they know that Martyn LaSalle doesn't waste time with dorky shenanigans like you do. When was the last time you won a match on your own? When was the last time you stood your ground and fought like a man? Those are the qualities that attract me to a wrestler like Martyn LaSalle...and maybe in certain other areas, who knows?"

"Wow. I mean, just, wow. Not even a week in and I've already got you pegged. The fact that you can stand there with a straight face a proclaim Martyn LaSalle superior over a work of art like this in any area shows what kind of judge of character you are. You do yourself a favor: plant that stupid little ass of yours down at King of the Ring, tune in to that Cruiserweight Title match, and be stupefied at what you see because I'm walking out that night STILL your greatest Cruiserweight Champion! MARK MY WORDS!" And with that, Hotbody signals the Hot Ticket is over and takes his leave as Luscious merely smirks at him.

Backstage, Clubber Harris meets up Chris Collins. Harris wants to clear the air and admit that while he was indeed upset with getting knocked out of the tournament thanks to Collins' antics, he didn't really mean to screw things up for Collins on SmackDown!. All is fair in war, right? Collins isn't so sure about accepting this line but Harris presses on that he'll have Collins' back tonight in the King of the Ring to make up for it.

First Match: The WWE Unified Tag Team Champions The Future Foundation and The Royal Effect vs. The Wyldhearts and The Play Pals
The Future Foundation make it clear that Vivian is to remain in their corner. This is an awesome and hot opener and a good showing for the Wyldhearts. After things break down, Bellamey and Hilton fall to the outside in front of Vivian. Vivian looks to nail Bellamey with one of the title belts but looks hesitant as he rises up. Hilton tosses Bellamey back into the ring and makes the decision for Vivian as he yanks the belt out her hands and clobbers Bellamey with it and gets the pin. Vivian looks conflicted at all of this. ****1/2, 94% overall.

Second Match: King of the Ring Quarterfinals - Seth Von Kamp vs. Chris Collins
Harris claimed he was going to be watching Collins' back but he doesn't accompany him. The match proceeds with its awesomeness regardless. The ref is bumped and NOW Clubber Harris decides to make himself present. Collins motions that he'd like a chair and Harris looks to hand it over...WAIT! It looks like Harris pulled a muscle or something right as he was about to hand the chair over! Collins is confused and Von Kamp recovers to hit the Collapse of Society and gets the pin to advance to the semi-finals! *****, 99% overall. Scott Keith declares it another GOAT candidate.

In-Ring Talky Time with Kerry Cemenko. As the number one contender to the Unified World Title he's been keeping close tabs on the proceedings in the King of the Ring tournament as he needs to know what he might be getting into come SummerSlam. That may sound like he's overlooking Butch Fleming but he's not. Cemenko knows he's in for a fight at King of the Ring but it's a fight worth having and it's a fight he knows he can win. Cemenko stands here defiant once again because mere words and threats and even a trip through the announce table isn't keeping him down. He once again asks the question to Fleming, "What else you got?"

Well, the Unified World Champion has his answer as he sneaks up behind Cemenko and proceeds to brutalize him. A chair shot drops the challenger and Fleming proceeds to nail a Slaughterhouse Special on top of it! Ouch! Fleming then goes the Undertaker route by jamming the chair into Cemenko's throat! Cemenko is rightly fucked up and we get paramedics to help him out as the champion stands tall.

Third Match: King of the Ring Quarterfinals - Quentin McDaniels vs. Haven
I should do an extended program between just these two. There are some issues yet to be fully settled. They try hard to do so here and they gel tremendously. The end comes when Haven looks to put McDaniels away but Paul Heyman apparently bounced another check to the power company as the lights flicker off and on the PA plays a distorted and warped version of Haven's music. Haven is flummoxed and through it all McDaniels recovers enough to hit a low blow and nail the Great Depression and uses the ropes for good measure to squeak out a win here to advance to the semi-finals. What was up with all of that? *****, 95% overall.

More In-Ring Super Special Talky Time, this time with the Queen of Queens and WWE Women's Champion Naomi Bailey. She's out here in full regal garb as she wants to make it a point to once again remind the peasants out here just who the hell she is. Take in all of this majesty and then question whether or not you should all back Tania in her quest to try to become the Women's Champion. Sonya Braddock learned the hard way. All of those other so-called Queens learned the hard way. Maybe Naomi will just have to turn it up a notch at King of the Ring to really hammer home the point that the WWE is looking at the baddest bitch to ever walk down that aisle.

This brings out Tania naturally. She's got snow cones for everyone! It's a hot July night here in the South after all and she wants to cool things down, literally and figuratively. Naomi needs to dial things back a bit and not take things so personal unless she's looking to bust a vein. The Women's Title is a dream of Tania's and it's something she's worked towards for a long time so she can't allow herself to be deterred by talks of 'peasants' and 'baddest bitches'. And as far as the way Naomi wants to carry herself as the Queen of Queens, she should probably try more Queen Kate and less Marie Antoinette. But, hey, where are her manners? Tania has snow cones for Naomi, too! Tania grabs a couple from her tray and 'accidentally' spills the colorful refreshments all over Naomi's glorious regal costume. Oh, clumsy her! Naomi goes for the kill but Tania ducks her and clotheslines the champion over the top rope sending Naomi into an embarrassed frenzy and she decides to back off for the night.

Backstage, Faith Connors and Jenna Kyle talk about their woes and frustrations over Hannah McCormick and Leah. They have an offer for them if they're so sure of themselves and they challenge their foes to a tag team match at King of the Ring.

Fourth Match: King of the Ring Quarterfinals - Ryan Pattillo vs. Salvatore Scabbia
The next chapter in the story of these two. It's another hard hitting slobber knocker affair. The end comes when Pattillo winds up locked in the Omerta again and struggles to free himself. As a last desperate measure he manages to sneak a foot under the bottom rope which should be cause for a break but the ref takes a while noticing it and Brooke uses that time to push the foot back into the ring. Pattillo passing out is academic after that and Scabbia advances to the semi-finals. ****1/2, 91% overall.

Fifth Match: Conner Buchanan vs. Miles Shawcross
Buchanan dares Brandon Reigns to just try to pull on him what he pulled on Paul Andrews and Kyle Jacobs because he's not going to be satisfied until Reigns pays for everything he's done. This is good little outing designed for Buchanan's benefit. Reigns does indeed try to make his way to ringside but Buchanan meets his gaze and finishes Shawcross off with the Borderline for the pin. Buchanan points at Reigns declaring that he's next. Reigns tries to run in to make a go of it but Buchanan's eagerness causes his to rethink that approach and he decides to back away for now. *****, 94% overall.

MAIN EVENT: King of the Ring Quarterfinals - Xavier Cross vs. Noah Carmichael
This is obviously to determine our last semi-finalist. These two have done some good shit in the past and it's no different here. Better yet, there are no shenanigans here as it comes down to Carmichael simply being the better man tonight as he escapes a Cross Cutter attempt and counters into a Quick Draw for the pin and advances to the semi-finals. The other three semi-finalists come out on the stage for a staredown as we close the show. *****, 96% overall.

Overall show rating: 90%
Old 04-02-2021, 01:17 AM   #3013
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Let's do that bracket thing!

Old 04-03-2021, 02:28 PM   #3014
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Superstars: July 19, 2040

We open with Lisa Benton talking about how it's a night off as far as the King of the Ring tournament goes. All four semi-finalists will need all the time they can get in order to prepare for tomorrow night on SmackDown! when we determine the finalists who will compete next Sunday for the crown of this year's King of the Ring. She's about to continue when the music of Haven hits and the intimidating figure of the Dark Shepherd joins Benton in the ring. Benton makes the first overture before Haven can say or do anything. "Haven, look, I already know what this is about and I'm sorry about went down on Raw in your match against McDaniels."

"I don't need apologies or accountability from you. I only need a target."

"Listen, we checked out what happened and the best we can tell is that someone hijacked the system remotely. That's the best that I can tell you, and before you ask, no, there wasn't anything that proves Quentin McDaniels was behind it so you can't get on his case for that, alright?" Haven merely continues a steely, cold glare of disappointment at Benton which causes her to continue. "Haven, I know you're upset and angry and you definitely feel cheated and I get that; but at this juncture there's really not a whole lot that I can do."

Haven leans forward close to Benton and simply utters, "You need to ask yourself a rather simple question: What good is power if it constantly slips from your grasp? Shackle yourself to bureaucracy if you wish. I'm more than capable of retribution on my own."

This calls for an interruption from another aggrieved party, this time in the form of Chris Collins. Collins declares that he's after the truth, too because he thinks that there's a very high chance that Clubber Harris didn't really pull any kind of muscle on Raw! Collins demands to know about any medical update from Lisa Benton regarding Harris because that whole business cost him a chance to be the King of the Ring. And unlike some other people here in this ring right now, Collins actually had a legitimate chance of taking the whole thing!

Haven glares at Collins and raises his mic. "Lisa Benton, consider yourself fortunate. You are no longer the biggest focus of my wrath. Collins gets in Haven's face and replies, "What? You think I'm afraid of you? I'd have taken you out of the tournament myself!"

Lisa Benton feels the need to interject and demands that both of them back down. If they're so eager to get at each other's throats, then they can be the main event for tonight! That seems to satisfy both men...for now.

Backstage, Brandon Reigns wants to talk about Conner Buchanan and his pathetic begging he's been doing to get a title match. Well, Reigns has had it up to here with all of this nonsense so here's the gist of it: Reigns has got good news and bad news for Conner Buchanan. The good news is Reigns isn't doing anything at King of the Ring anyway, so fine, Buchanan can have a shot at the Intercontinental Title. The bad news? If Buchanan accepts this very generous offer, he needs to offer something up to make it worth the time. Buchanan needs to put his career on the line and leave the WWE if he loses. "I know you're eager to jump into this foolishly but you might want to consider talking things over with your buddy Paul Andrews. After what I did to his fellow veteran pal back at Judgment Day and what I did to him, maybe he'll talk some sense into you."

First Match: Shawn Dangerson vs. Zachary Vale
Sophie Waters accompanies Dangerson and announces that it's official that the two of them have formed a partnership but it's only the beginning. Sophie is looking to challenge herself and build a dynasty and there's plenty of overlooked talent that she's got her eye on. That aside, opening matches with cruiserweights always rules and surely matches involving Shawn Dangerson will also rule so do the math here. It's a hotly contested affair that ends with Vale finding his way into the Danger Zone and tapping out to give Dangerson the win. ****1/2, 90% overall.

Backstage, Rick Hilton has been watching the show as he prepares for his tag team match tonight. He's joined by Luscious of all people who is impressed with his physique. She points out that Sophie Waters isn't the only manager looking to build a dynasty. Luscious is well aware of Rick's situation with Vivian Merrick, both on a managerial level AND on a personal level. If things look like they're not working out, Luscious says the door is always open. Rick stammers a bit but before he's able to reply Vivian Merrick walks in looking none to happy. Luscious gives Rick a wink before taking her leave.

Second Match: The Agents of Change vs. The Tokyo Titans
This is more of a laid back show in terms of matches. This seems like the right spot to have a sweet tag team affair and I haven't used these guys in a while. Corey Mattis ducks a springboard crossbody and uses an Oklahoma Roll Deluxe (using the tights) to score a cheap win. *****, 94% overall.

In-Ring Talky Time with semi-finalist Seth Von Kamp. Apparently he didn't get the memo that he's supposed to have the night off. It's OK, though, because it's important that he says his peace. "It's been a wild few weeks but that light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer and brighter and right there waiting is a ticket to immortality. Speaking as the only semi-finalist who has actually won King of the Ring before, there's an energy to it. There is a magic that flows through you that lets everyone know that you've made it. At the risk of sounding bitter, I have to say that I'm due. Hell, I'm overdue. That Unified World Title passes by every now and then but it's been out of my reach for too long. This needs to happen for me next Sunday night. Quentin McDaniels is waiting for me tomorrow night. It's going to be the longest night of his life because I take nothing for granted."

The music of Noah Carmichael plays and the man himself comes out to confront Seth. "Actually I think there is something major you're taking for granted. You see, I plan on being in the finals next Sunday night, too, after I'm done with Scabbia. You can talk all you want about your experience winning the King of the Ring. I'm the only one in the semi-finals who has actually been the Unified World Champion and let me tell you there's nothing else like it. You want to talk energy and magic? Winning that title is damn near orgasmic. I'm not on board with Butch Fleming and his activities but I certainly understand why he does it. I also understand Kerry Cemenko taking his lickings and coming back for more because he knows what's at stake. So I hope you do make it to the finals, Seth, I really do because I'm curious how you're going to stand up to a man like me who is just dying for another hit."

"You want to know what I'm capable of? You just tune in tomorrow night and watch what I do to McDaniels and I'll see you in the finals...then again, maybe I won't." And with that Seth takes his leave after giving Carmichaels a little smirk.

Third Match: Romeo Valiente vs. Martyn LaSalle
Luscious comes down to ringside apparently cheering on LaSalle. She joins the announce team and makes it clear that she's ready and willing to make any kind of arrangement to have LaSalle as her charge as she thinks he's the cream of the crop in the Cruiserweight Division. LaSalle certainly proves that statement with a showing like this. The announcers quiz Luscious on if there's something more she likes about LaSalle but she doesn't answer. The end comes when LaSalle hooks in the Martynizer for the tap out win. Luscious gives a standing ovation and practically gives LaSalle the bedroom eyes. *****, 95% overall.

More in-ring talky time but we've got The Royal Effect this time around only this time they're dressed up as the Play Pals. They spend their time imitating their rivals in a bit of a parody basically making it a point to express their nerdiness and lack of maturity and how they shake in their boots at the mere mention of the Royal Effect. It reaches the point where the real Play Pals have heard enough and they run out to chase off the posers.

Fourth Match: WWE Unified Tag Team Champions the Future Foundation vs. The Wasteland
Vivian Merrick is conspicuously absent here. Julian tries to get Rick to focus in order to BUILD MOMENTUM! This is just more tag team awesomeness and it ends when Julian feels the need for speed...and to cheat as he uses one of the tag belts to nail Drakken from behind for the pin. The Wyldhearts come running down to fuck shit up for the champions and the Future Foundation goes into retreat mode. *****, 98% overall.

Fifth Match: Jamie Roderick vs. Eclypse
Yikes, is this my only women's match on the show? Well, they'd better make it a good one...which they do because Roderick plays an awesome underdog against Eclypse's monster strength. Roderick clips the knee after escaping a Fade to Black attempt and locks in the Roderick Legacy for the tap out win. ****1/2, 93% overall.

MAIN EVENT: Chris Collins vs. Haven
If there was a King of the Ring loser bracket these two would meet in it. Regardless both men feel wronged and cheated so they're not in the best of moods. They take out their frustrations on each other in a hard-hitting match here. Clubber Harris makes his way out apparently in better health and in support of Collins. The end comes when Haven boots Collins off the apron and he falls into Harris. The ref starts the count as both men try to get up. Collins almost beats the count but Harris grabs his tights to use as leverage to pull himself up and that's enough to keep Collins out of the ring for the ref to complete the ten count. Collins is less than thrilled but Harris looks like might have reaggravated his arm. Haven takes his leave but we get the flickering lights again which draws Haven's ire. *****, 95% overall.

Overall show rating: 89%
Old 04-04-2021, 11:50 AM   #3015
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Hot damn, those quarter-finals ruled. I'm all in on SVK after delivering a GOAT candidate match. But there are snowflakes to be found all over the place.

With all of your teams being super talented and having like 100 team chemistry I'm not sure it's possible to have a tag match below ****1/2, and quite often they end up in Young Bucks territory with *****. That chemistry rating really does seem to be such a major determinant to ratings, which is why tag matches featuring two singles guys tagging, while it can do well, will never get the full monty.

Hotbody bringing in Luscious to rip on LaSalle only for it to backfire. I like that the managers are seemingly jockeying for position to try to compete with clients, and I like that because that's how managers SHOULD operate. They at the end of the day should be like sports agents and trying to build their talent portfolio.
Old 04-04-2021, 02:02 PM   #3016
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

I suppose this is what the card looks like for now:

WWE Unified World Title: Butch Fleming (c) vs. Kerry Cemeko

King of the Ring Finals: ? vs. ?

WWE Women's Title: Naomi Bailey (c) vs. Tania

WWE Unified Tag Team Titles: The Future Foundation (c) vs. The Wyldhearts

WWE Cruiserweight Title: Michael Hotbody (c) vs. Martyn LaSalle

I've got room for three more. An Intercontinental Title match between Reigns and Buchanan is all but a lock along with the women's tag match; I just have to get to booking the acceptance of those matches. I'm debating who's going to get more of Sophie's managerial services. Maybe El Silencio can finally find his voice...so to speak.
Old 04-07-2021, 11:37 AM   #3017
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

SmackDown!: July 20, 2040

We open with the Unified World Champion Butch Fleming in the ring ready to boast about how proud he is about what he did to Kerry Cemenko. "You really should've had my perspective in the ring when I was laying his sorry ass out! It was so sad and pathetic they way he was begging for me to stop! That look in his eye as he met mine told me all that I needed to know as it was in that moment that Kerry Cemenko knew I was too much of a man for him and that he is WAY over his head! If he had any brains, he'd forget all about King of the Ring, forget all about trying to take MY Unified World Title, and forget all of you because if he keeps insisting on defying me, if he insists on asking that stupid question of what else I've got, if keeps being AN ANNOYING ITCH, I will have no problem scratching it out of the WWE completely at King of the Ring!!!"

Kerry Cemenko does indeed decide to join us out on the stage looking pretty rough but with a defiant countenance. Fleming shakes his head in disappointment as Cemenko raises a mic to his mouth. "DON'T DO IT, KERRY! DON'T SAY IT!!!"

Cemenko is more than happy to ignore this request and simply asks, "What else you got?"

Furious, Fleming slams down his belts and mic and exits the ring to meet Cemenko at the stage but Cemenko decides to meet halfway as he makes his way down the ramp. Lisa Benton and security decide to interrupt the proceedings and reprimands the two competitors as she points out that she still wants to have a championship match for King of the Ring's main event and this path that the two are choosing is making that less and less of a possibility. Both men are ordered to leave the arena NOW! Cemenko and Fleming reluctantly comply as they're escorted away and yell threats at each other.

Backstage, Vivian Merrick is walking down a hallway texting on her phone where she almost bumps into Madison. Both demand the other watch where they're going. Madison wonders if Vivian is so out of it due to trying to get a hold of her boyfriend or if she's trying out some greener pastures in the Wyldhearts. Vivian is offended at the idea. Madison points out that the rumor mill has it that the Wyldhearts would be more than happy to take away any grief Vivian may be having from having to put up with Rick Hilton and Julian Merrick. Vivian retorts that Julian is her brother; he's family and that she can't just turn her back on family. Madison questions what about Rick? Vivian changes the subject and points out that Madison and Vivian herself need to be worried about another issue in the WWE and that's the fact that there's a vixen by the name of Luscious on the hunt for talent. If Luscious was bold enough to come after Rick Hilton, guaranteed she's bold enough to try to take Madison's client, Alexander Piero. Madison is confident that Piero is happy with what he has and vice versa. Vivian offers up her own client, Azazel, as an opponent for Piero tonight if that's the case. Madison accepts and the two part ways.

First Match: Frankie and the British Infection vs. Carmella Costello and The Academy
Huh, the crowd reaction rating is fairly low here but that's not surprising considering the average charisma rating for this lot. I hope it's not a dud show. Regardless the workrate is phenomenal enough and Carmella makes creative use out of an exposed turnbuckle to score a cheap pin on Frankie for the win. ****1/2, 88% overall.

Backstage, Paul Andrews is with Conner Buchanan. Conner wants to talk about how this year was quite a downer for him. He had just been reunited with his partner, Bobby Whitlock and it looked like they were going to run wild one more time. Sadly, Bobby felt that it just wasn't in the cards and Conner respects that. Leaving on your own terms is the ideal way to get out of this business and Conner had hoped that he would've been afforded that luxury, too. Well Brandon Reigns had to swoop on in and ruin everything, didn't he? He wants to dictate the terms of Conner's career? Under normal circumstances, Conner would tell Reigns to shove it but with Reigns needing to be taught a lesson or two over what he's done and with a prize like the Intercontinental Title on the line, Conner says that he will accept the stipulation proposed by Reigns. If Conner can't whip a disrespectful little punk like Reigns then it might be best to join Bobby in that sunset. Conner's got enough motivation to make King of the Ring the worst night of Brandon Reigns' life.

Second Match: Jenna Kyle and Faith Connors vs. Kelley Hayes and Maya
Well, thankfully it's not a dud show as the crowd reaction is better here...and who can blame them? This is more angle than match as Jenna hits Maya with the Kyle Driver for the pin but Leah and Hannah McCormick immediately storm the ring afterwards to lay out the faces. Hannah informs everyone that she and Leah accept the challenge from Faith and Jenna for a match at King of the Ring. *****, 94% overall.

Third Match: Chris Collins vs. Caleb Greene
Collins demands that Clubber Harris give him answers soon about his recent behavior because his patience is running thin. This is another 'more angle than match' situation as Collins cheats his way to victory here. Afterwards, Clubber Harris makes his way out and climbs into the ring to meet Collins. Harris looks like he's trying to explain himself and calm Collins down...then takes Collins' head off with a clothesline and then tosses him out the ring. What a turn of events! ****1/2, 93% overall.

Backstage, we catch up with the Intercontinental Champion Brandon Reigns. He's informed of Conner Buchanan's decision to accept the title match at King of the Ring. Reigns is amused as Conner just signed his career over. It's going to be delicious to end another veteran. This year just keeps getting better and better for Brandon Reigns and it's barely halfway over! Makes you wonder what else is on the horizon. Speaking of which, Reigns has some other business to take care off so he'll see us later. What did he mean by that?

Fourth Match: King of the Ring Semi-Finals - Noah Carmichael vs. Salvatore Scabbia
Brooke wants to let us all know that Scabbia has been looking forward to this since No Way Out. All of this talk from people like Butch Fleming and Noah Carmichael and Quentin McDaniels over who should be champion is a joke when everyone knows Scabbia had the Unified World Title won until Carmichael took the coward's way out! "There's no escaping now, Carmichael, because your sins have finally caught up to you! Scabbia is on his way to becoming the King of the Ring and he'll take his rightful championship not long after!" Noah Carmichael has other plans as the match commences. It comes down to Carmichael getting locked in the Omerta and trying valiantly to escape and/or reach the ropes. Finally Carmichael uses the Survivor Series '96 trick by pushing off the turnbuckle and landing on Scabbia and the ref counts Scabbia's shoulders down! Brooke is furious and claims that Carmichael is passed out!!! Scabbia shares Brooke's fury and proceeds to punish Carmichael some more and locks in the Omerta again. Carmichael is in bad shape here but RYAN PATTILLO runs down to get him some of Scabbia and put an end to this. Brooke demands that Scabbia back down and leave with her. Despite all of this Carmichael is still the winner and he advances to the finals! ****1/2, 91% overall.

Fifth Match: Alexander Piero vs. Azazel
Both men are seconded by their respective managers. I need to rebuild Piero after I got him beat in the tournament. Things come to a head when the Wyldhearts make their way out to the stage to observe. Vivian looks flustered and Madison gestures to her that perhaps Vivian should go join them. This leads to the two of them exchanging words and this is enough to distract Azazel and Piero hits the Flashpoint to take advantage and scores the win. ****1/2, 92% overall.

Sixth Match: Tania vs. C.J.
Tania talks about how Naomi doesn't make demands of her, no matter her status. Naomi can find someone else to take care of the royal attire and she certainly needs it considering what happened on Raw. The fun and games go out the window at King of the Ring because the Women's Title is coming home with Tania. These words only fuel Naomi's wrath as she runs down during the match to destroy Tania for the DQ. Naomi chokes out Tania with the stained royal robe and tosses her around the ring violently. Officials run down to stop the carnage as Naomi yells threats at Tania. *****, 94% overall.

MAIN EVENT: King of the Ring Semi-Finals - Seth Von Kamp vs. Quentin McDaniels
This is it! Who will join Carmichael in the finals? Von Kamp has been on a hot streak in regards to match quality and it continues here as both men are determined as fuck to get the win. The ref is bumped off a Collapse of Society attempt. Quentin takes advantage and sends Von Kamp to the outside and pounds his head into the announce table several times. He goes for a chair but Von Kamp recovers and drives McDaniels into the ring post. Back into the ring we go as Seth sets up for another Collapse of Society but BRANDON REIGNS slams his Money in the Back briefcase into Seth's face!!! WHAT IS HE DOING?!? Reigns rolls out and McDaniels is able to gain his bearings and hit the Great Depression as the ref recovers and counts the pin giving McDaniels the win and sending him to the finals! IT'S NOT OVER! Reigns drags Von Kamp to the outside and proceeds to just brutalize him culminating in another shot with the Money in the Briefcase to the back of Seth's head. What is up with Reigns? We close the show with the Intercontinental Champion standing over the fallen Von Kamp. ****1/2, 94% overall.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:39 AM   #3018
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

And thus we have our finalists:

Old 04-07-2021, 02:47 PM   #3019
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Old 04-08-2021, 08:42 AM   #3020
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Raw: July 23, 2040

We open with one of the finalists for the King of the Ring, Quentin McDaniels, joining us in the ring. He boasts about how he is right where he is supposed to be. The only thing better, of course, would be sitting on that throne, being crowned the King of the Ring and then closing out the summer by taking the Unified World Title. Fortunately, all he has to do is walk into King of the Ring this Sunday and embarrass Noah Carmichael, something he's not only happy to do but more than capable of doing. Quentin claims to have been looking forward this since WrestleMania because he gets a chance to right a huge wrong.

This brings out Noah Carmichael himself to offer his rebuttal. Carmichael does hope that Quentin learned something from WrestleMania because he doesn't want to hear any excuses after this Sunday. This tournament is Carmichael's chance to right a huge wrong, too; not necessarily just getting a chance to win back the Unified Title but to once and for all shut Quentin's mouth. While he admires Quentin's new found backbone in standing up to Butch Fleming, Carmichael is less enamored with the idea that Quentin thinks he's the better man. Quentin counters that he wouldn't have made it this far if it wasn't meant to be so Carmichael's feelings are irrelevant. He'll get a bit of a preview in tonight's main event. Carmichael says he looks forward to it but before he takes his leave he tells Quentin to have fun with Butch Fleming in deciding who's in charge for tonight.

First Match: WWE Intercontinental Champion Brandon Reigns and Chris Collins vs. Conner Buchanan and Clubber Harris
Before we get started Reigns wants to address what went down on SmackDown! with what he did to Seth Von Kamp. There were several reason why he did what he did in taking Seth out of the tournament and putting him out of action. "First and foremost, let it be a warning that whatever I give, I can take away. Seth wouldn't have even been in the tournament if I hadn't been generous enough to give up my invitation so he should have been grateful that I even allowed him to get that far! And had he won, all the talk would have about how much it was a mistake for me to not compete instead of talking about all the good I've done. Last, but certainly not least, it was a display that I hope Conner Buchanan learned from. All of those butterflies he's got fluttering about his stomach right now are telling to him to back out while he still can because I'm dead set on not showing any mercy this Sunday!" The match goes on with tensions at an all-time high. It concludes with Reigns with shoving Paul Andrews down on the outside which causes Buchanan to lose his shit and pound away on Reigns enough to the point where the ref calls for the bell to DQ the face team. Harris and Collins aren't exactly keeping the peace themselves and we get a brawl as we go to break. *****, 94% overall.

Backstage we see Luscious exiting a locker room. Michael Hotbody runs into her and questions her activities. Has she been going around offering her services to the guys or has she been "offering her services to the guys"? Luscious tells him to piss off and tries to leave but Hotbody insists on making an ass out of himself. He wants to know what Luscious sees in Martyn LaSalle that she doesn't see in Hotbody. Hotbody is the one with the belt. Hotbody has the undefeated streak. Hotbody has...well, he has the Hotbody. He starts his dance routine in the hopes of impressing and/or arousing Luscious until she decides to shout "Please, stop!" loud enough to the point where the locker room door where she just exited opens up...AND MARTYN LASALLE EXITS! He wants to know what the hell is going on here. Hotbody has the same question and even more. Did Luscious manage to dig her nails in LaSalle? Martyn LaSalle answers that it's none of Hotbody's damn business. Hotbody needs to worry about his Cruiserweight Title and nothing else because he's at more of a risk of losing it this Sunday than ever before. Hotbody merely shakes his head and saunters off. Luscious gazes at LaSalle with pride.

Second Match: Nigel Gallagher vs. Jerome McDougal
Hot cruiserweight action is just what the doctor ordered. Wish these guys were more charismatic but then that wouldn't justify having the lovely Fantasee on the payroll. Speaking of which she's more than happy to use her feminine wiles to distract McDougal and Nigel pounces on the opportunity with the Union Smack to pick up the win. Jerome decides the best course of action to deal with this is to throw a tantrum. ****1/2, 86% overall.

Third Match: The Play Pals vs. The Royal Effect
I mean...God damn...

Was there ever a time when a tag team match was considered MOTY???

Backstage, Haven is hassling the poor production crew over what happened last week. No one has answers for him, however, so he takes his leave but not before threatening anyone who may be lying. He walks up a hall and out of view but the camera also catches a glimpse of a figure slightly stepping out from behind an intersecting corridor that looks like its watching Haven.

Elsewhere backstage, Jenna Kyle and Faith Connors are HOT...about what's been going on between them and Leah and Hannah. They make the claim that those two bitches and any one else watching who may be getting some bright ideas in their heads need to understand that the team up of Jenna and Faith is a damn force to be reckoned with. They refuse to apologize for being recognized as the two of the best the division has to offer so all of the bellyaching that Leah and Hannah have been doing is just noise. They've provided the stage at King of the Ring; Leah and Hannah just need to bring it on.

Fourth Match: Tania vs. Cordelia
Tania claims that she might not be in the best of shape all things considered but Naomi isn't going to get the better of her, not with the importance of this Sunday on the line. She's more than welcome to try and come out and pull the same stunt as on SmackDown! if she wants. This is mainly to make Tania look good heading into King of the Ring. Naomi does indeed try to make herself a nuisance when it looks like Tania is in trouble. Tania bails to the outside and backs away from Naomi as she gives chase. She stumbles and Naomi moves in for the kill...BUT TANIA POPS UP WITH NAOMI'S SCEPTER! It must have been hidden under the ring. Naomi doubles over after taking a shot. Cordelia tries to to take advantage of all of this as she pulls Tania back into the ring but Tania hot shots her on the top rope and follows up with the Nose Dive to score the pin. ****1/2, 91% overall.

Backstage Blaine Bellamey is on his phone talking to Robbie Greer about where they're meeting up later. He stops when he sees Vivian Merrick sitting by herself looking depressed and tells Robbie that he'll have to call back. Blaine asks Vivian what the deal is with her. Vivian rolls her eyes and claims that she wants nothing to do with him. Blaine doesn't really want anything to do with her either, he was just asking a question. Vivian is taken back by this and asks for verification as to whether or not the rumor is true about the Wyldhearts being interested in her services. Blaine says that he can't speak for Robbie but he himself assumes that she's happy with her brother and her lover. Vivian changes the subject by pointing out that they really shouldn't be talking considering she's managing the team that the Wyldhearts are supposed to face this Sunday. Blaine says that he and Robbie are going to do what they have to in order to become champions...and that Vivian may have to reconsider her feelings afterwards. Vivian looks at Blaine with a ponderous look but Rick Hilton has been listening to this behind them and proceeds to assault Blaine. He warns him to stay away from his woman and demands that Vivian leave with him. Vivian appears shocked and not sure of what to do which causes Rick to yell his demand. She takes her leave but doesn't look happy about it.

Fifth Match: Shawn Dangerson vs. Doug Michaels
Sophie Waters gets on commentary to espouse the benefits of the union between her and Dangerson. People have been demanding more of Dangerson because they feel he has been underutilized. Well, having someone like Sophie Waters keeping an eye out for his career is going to open so many more doors for Dangerson. She's not saying she's using her influence with Lisa Benton but she does have some pull as someone as decorated as she is. Dangerson more than proves his worth here in an impressive showing and manages to score a submission win with the Danger Zone. Sophie applauds her charge and declares that she's making sure the gears are in motion for big things for him. ****1/2, 92% overall.

MAIN EVENT: WWE Unified World Champion Butch Fleming and Quentin McDaniels vs. Noah Carmichael and Kerry Cemenko
Fleming and McDaniels argue over who starts and it's just the opening act as far as them getting on the same page goes. It's a back and forth affair and ultimately it's the face team that has problems functioning as Fleming whips Cemenko into a corner where Carmichael is but Cemenko pumps the brakes before the two collide. They have a bit of a verbal spat but Fleming rams Cemenko from behind, sandwiching the two and gets a roll-up on Cemeno, putting his feet on Carmichael's slumped body for leverage and insult to get the pin. The heels bail in triumph as Cemenko and Carmichael exchange words. *****, 95% overall.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:23 PM   #3021
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

I love the start of the Brandon Reigns/Seth Von Kamp explanation. I suspect SVK will be coming for some revenge during Reigns' match at KOTR. But it's a cool way to get SVK right into a high level title program and maybe go for his first taste of gold, if he goes over Reigns that would be a hell of a way to get that first title win and as usual the matches should be great.

La Salle and Hotbody will have a banger, and if La Salle wins I'm sure he and Luscious will have quite the banger themselves.

Dangerson push incoming = RATINGS
Old 04-08-2021, 09:47 PM   #3022
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Ugh, had to send Chet Morris to rehab for his drug problem. Well, that's one less team to fill out the shows. Lyle, you're going solo for a few months.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:20 AM   #3023
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Superstars: July 26, 2040

Opening Match: Caleb Greene and Stanley Coleman vs. The Southern Gentlemen
I'm calling bullshit on the crowd reaction rating here because the overall charisma between all of these guys is fairly mediocre. Maybe they're reacting to some hot Aphrodite action...which she uses to help her boys gain the upper hand in the end. Brody Lee gets grounded and Caleb comes off the top with the Greene With Envy for the pin. *****, 94% overall.

Backstage, Brooke is with Salvatore Scabbia and boy are they pissed over what's transpired over the last week. Scabbia had Noah Carmichael BEAT in the King of the Ring. The referee was supposed to check on Carmichael BEFORE attempting to count the pin on Scabbia because Carmichael was out of it and Scabbia would have advanced to the finals no question about it! Everyone knows that win was illegitimate! Then Ryan Pattillo has to rear his stupid head AGAIN and get involved in business that doesn't concern him. Both of those frauds are going to get what's coming to them!

Second Match: Shawn Dangerson vs. Vinnie LaPaige
I'm actually fine with the way the match report is written out here as it's basically three moves in favor of Dangerson before he gets the submission win with the Danger Zone. If he's going to get pushed, might as well make a few wins quick and decisive. Too bad the match rating doesn't really reflect that. ****1/2, 85% overall.

Backstage, Martyn LaSalle is finishing up some PR work for King of the Ring with a bunch of press when he's approached by Luscious. She wants to let him know that their meeting meant a lot to her as he could have easily said no. She'd like him to know that there's really no pressure on him to accept her managerial services anytime soon. There are, after all, other ways in which they can enjoy each other's company. LaSalle appreciates that but he'd like to worry about beating Michael Hotbody first. Luscious walks off smiling telling him that he knows where to find her.

Third Match: Alexander Piero vs. Romeo Valiente
Continuing the rebuild process for Piero. Valiente's contract is up at the end of the month. Don't know if I want to resign him. On the flipside he is useful for outings like this. Piero hits the Flashpoint to pick up the victory. ****1/2, 92% overall.

Fourth Match: The Dillingers vs. WWE Cruiserweight Champion The Undefeated Steel Cage Master and ACTUAL 2040 King of the Ring, Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody and Zed Jones
Hotbody declares that he will not stand for the conspiring that's going on between Luscious and Martyn LaSalle! The only role Luscious should have this Sunday is watching just like everyone else as Hotbody shows LaSalle what a real man is capable of! Once again, despite such boastful claims, Hotbody is more than happy to let Zed do the brunt of the work here. It's BONZO GONZO at the end and Joey Dillinger looks to finish Hotbody with the Dillinger Escape Plan but gets shoved off the top by Zed and that allows Hotbody to small package him for the pin. *****, 94% overall.

Backstage, Fantasee is with Frankie talking about how awesome it's going to be teaming up with the likes of Tania, Faith, and Jenna tonight. It's like she's part of an elite club. Even more awesome is going to be smacking that bitch Carmella around.

Fifth Match: Billie Padgett vs. Phoebe Hanson
Trying to squeeze in more than one women's match on the show and these two work pretty well off each other. Padgett gets the pin here off the Red Hook. *****, 95% overall.

Backstage, the Wyldhearts are looking forward to their match against the tag champions at King of the Ring. Robbie talks about how Blaine should've just let sleeping dogs lie in regards to Vivian on Raw but he's definitely going to get some payback on Rick Hilton. Blaine admits that Vivian coming over to their side would be a pretty nice look. Robbie tells him to forget about her because what really would look nice on them is the Unified Tag Team Titles.

Sixth Match: WWE Women's Champion Naomi Bailey, Carmella Costello, Leah, and Hannah McCormick vs. Tania, Frankie, Faith Connors, and Jenna Kyle
It's bountiful! Just continuing some feuds here while also BUILDING MOMENTUM for Tania. Brooke fucks up her interference attempt and that allows Tania to hit the Nose Dive on Carmella for the pin. ****1/2, 92% overall.

MAIN EVENT: Xavier Cross vs. Ryan Pattillo
Cross declares his bitterness over not being able to win King of the Ring this year but he expects whoever ends up becoming champion to remember his tremendous effort and will give him a title shot because he deserves it! This is a slugfest of a bout which is just tremendous and Salvatore Scabbia has to come down and ruin it all by attacking Pattillo just as he's setting up for the Shutdown. He berates Pattillo for being an annoying son of a bitch and proceeds to lock in the Omerta as punishment. We go off the air as officials come down to put an end to this. *****, 95% overall.

Old 04-09-2021, 12:25 PM   #3024
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

SmackDown!: July 27, 2040

It's the final show before King of the Ring! NOBODY SCREW THIS UP!!! I'M LOOKING AT YOU, ZED!!!

We open with Chris Collins out in the ring ready to air his grievances with Clubber Harris. Collins thought that he had made himself clear that there wasn't to be any hard feelings between and Harris concerning the King of the Ring. OK, so Collins might have overstepped by pulling a fast one in their match but it's nothing to be petty over and certainly not worth knocking his ass down last week. He offers this time as an opportunity for Harris and come out and apologize and ask for Collins' forgiveness.

Naturally Clubber Harris comes out to be all scary and intimidating and what not. He wants to say that he is indeed sorry...sorry for ever thinking Collins was any kind of real man. It's real simple, says Harris; Collins tried to pull a fast one in the King of the Ring tournament and now he has to suffer the consequences. Hell, there's no reason that can't happen right now! Harris makes his way down to the ring and Collins is prepared but Lisa Benton comes out to put a halt to all of this. We've had too much craziness with brawls and what not these last few weeks so everyone needs to calm down. If the two of them are so fixated on this, they can hash it out at King of the Ring!

First Match: Shawn Dangerson vs. Lyle Morris
Sorry, Lyle, but your partner was an idiot and thus you get to be the next victim. A hot opener to say the least and Dangerson continues his momentum with another submission win via the Danger Zone. *****, 94% overall.

In-Ring Super Special Talky Time with Luscious. She wants to make it clear that as of yet, nothing official has been put into action between her and Martyn LaSalle but she is hopeful. She would absolutely love to be able to manage the Cruiserweight champion and from there, who knows? She has her eyes on a lot of potential clients and if there are any sour pusses out there who want to cry about getting looked over, well, too bad.

Naturally, Michael Hotbody feels the need to interject here. He wants to know who does she think she's kidding? She's no closer to getting to manage LaSalle than she was two weeks ago. If nothing else it kind of proves that LaSalle really doesn't let himself get distracted when he's determined so thanks should be in order for that, at least. That's fine according to Hotbody because he's got the superior skills anyway and LaSalle is going to be in for one of the biggest disappointments in his life, right next to apparently never losing his virginity! Or maybe Luscious can tell us otherwise? From all accounts, she spent an awfully long time in that locker room alone with LaSalle. Hotbody's dying to know if LaSalle is just as big of a failure in that area, too. Luscious stands defiant and claims that she's willing to bet LaSalle is twice the man Hotbody is...in EVERY area. Hotbody doesn't take to kindly to this and shoves Luscious into the corner and verbally threatens her some more. Things look pretty bad for quite a bit until finally Martyn LaSalle apparently has seen enough and runs down to get him some of Hotbody. He checks on Luscious after knocking Hotbody down. She seems alright but that's enough of an opening to where Hotbody can land a low blow and then proceeds to beat down LaSalle. He poses for approval and takes his leave as Luscious looks at LaSalle with concern.

Second Match: Salvatore Scabbia vs. Michael Haywood
According to Brooke, Haywood demanded this match to stand up for Ryan Pattillo. It's not a crime to be stupid, she claims, but it's still stupid. Despite not being a cruiserweight, Haywood is still the underdog here as he gets tossed and beaten about. His comeback is cut off by the sudden appearance of Moses McKay jumping on the apron yelling at Haywood. Scabbia takes advantage with the Omerta and Haywood passes out giving Scabbia the win. Ryan Pattillo runs down with a chair to even the odds and the heels bail. ****1/2, 92% overall.

Backstage, Naomi Bailey proudly shows off her Women's Title. Naomi wants to know what kind of hardship Tania had to go through in her life. When she first showed up in the WWE she walked around bragging about her Beverly Hills high society lifestyle. Naomi is from the hard knocks. She pulled herself from the bottom to be able to have the right to call herself both queen AND champion. Tania has no room to talk about hard work and no room to talk about deserving to be champion. After this Sunday, she'll be more than qualified to talk about being in an actual fight...if she's capable of talking at all.

Third Match: The Young Bloods vs. Caleb Greene and Stanley Coleman
Might as well keep Greene and Coleman as a permanent team. The division could use a boost and some new faces in the mix. Might as well keep them on a roll, too, as they pick up the win here after Greene hits Sully Lane with the Greene With Envy for the pin. *****, 94% overall.

We get Paul Andrews sitting down with Conner Buchanan backstage. Everyone's been asking if Conner is sure about the decision he's made in regards to putting his career on the line against Brandon Reigns' Intercontinental Title. Buchanan certainly doesn't feel ready to hang things up but the chance to once again wear that title is too tempting. It's a siren summoning him and it's either feast or famine at the end of the trip. Plus there are number of receipts that Brandon Reigns is due. Conner isn't just fighting for himself but for an idea; the idea that you don't forget who brought you to the dance. It's a must-win situation this Sunday for Conner; there are no other options.

Fourth Match: Julian Merrick vs. Robbie Greer
Both men want that sweet, sweet momentum going into the Unified Tag Team Championship match this Sunday. If this is any indication, that match is going to rule as these two work phenomenally well together. Rick Hilton tries his hand at helping out by hopping up on the apron but he notices Blaine Bellamey getting a little too close to Vivian Merrick. He wastes time shouting threats at Blaine and Robbie shoves Julian into Rick, knocking him off and thus Robbie scores the pin off a roll up. The Future Foundation decide to bail afterwards in anger. *****, 94% overall.

More in-ring talky time as Hannah McCormick decides now is a good time to come out and berate everyone for continuing to put their loyalty and devotion into two people like Faith Connors and Jenna Kyle. Hannah has been hearing the critiques from everyone about how Jenna and Faith are the favorites this Sunday because of the greater experience they have teaming together as opposed to Leah and Hannah. Well it is only natural that two egomaniacs like them would be on the same page but it's nothing that Hannah can't handle. The pure disdain that she and Leah have for Faith and Jenna and all of the undeserved adoration they get from their idiot fans here and at home watching is more than enough fuel to take them down and then you'll see what Hannah McCormick is all about! Faith Connors has heard enough and decides to run down to the ring to shut Hannah up. It's a brief struggle and as Hannah tries to slip away Faith manages to rip Hannah's top off. Indeed we are seeing what Hannah is made of.

Fifth Match: Ronnie Costello vs. Haven
Haven continues to be in a foul mood and poor Ronnie has to take the brunt of his wrath. It's a pretty good big man vs. big man match and it comes down to Brooke wanting to try her usual shenanigans but a glare from Haven causes her to piss her pants and reconsider. Ronnie gets finished with the Sting of Solace and Haven picks up the win. Afterwards the lights go loopy all over again and the big screen merely flashes the word "SOON". Haven is less than amused. ****1/2, 92% overall.

FINAL SEGMENT: Kerry Cemenko joins us now and wants to let us know that he's not here to valiantly ask Butch Fleming what else he's got because it doesn't really matter. What Fleming may have hasn't been enough to keep Kerry down and it won't be enough to deter him from winning that title this Sunday. He will not be underestimated by anyone and that goes for the two finalists in the King of the Ring also. The main event of SummerSlam beckons; Kerry is ready. Who else is?

This brings out Noah Carmichael who gets in Kerry's face. Carmichael has been ready ever since that Unified World Title was stolen from him. Every time he has to look at Butch Fleming parading around that title, it gets him ready. It fills him with a fury that can only be satiated with complete and utter annihilation. Carmichael asks if Cemenko is prepared to have that target because whoever walks into SummerSlam with the Unified World Title is merely keeping things warm while Carmichael gets ready to unleash that complete and utter annihilation. Fleming isn't Kerry's real problem; it's Carmichael.

This brings out Quentin McDaniels to the stage and wants to point out that Carmichael is still missing one crucial step and that is, he has to get past McDaniels this Sunday. "Don't let your rage and desire for all of that annihilation or whatever overlook the major problem you have in needing to beat me! This has been a year of shocks and surprises and it's only just begin. SummerSlam will be what WrestleMania should have been: a celebration of my ascension to the top of the mountain!"

The Unified World Champion Butch Fleming himself decides to join the festivities and stands with Quentin on the stage. He's pretty sure he's seen this movie before: himself as the champion and three gaggling hens squabbling over who they think is the one that can upset him for the title. It even involved some of the same people! Quentin was there! And Noah was there! Kerry? Well, Kerry wasn't there but he decided to be an annoying jackass regardless. Fleming tells Kerry that he doesn't need him to be afraid in order to have the upper hand; Fleming only needs to be better. All three of you are running on pipe dreams and prayers.

Cemenko offers Fleming a chance to put his money where his mouth is. Noah makes Quentin the same offer. Neither of the heels are particularly interested, which is fine as both Kerry and Noah are more than happy to go to them. It looks like we're going to have a two-on-two brawl! We get a brief altercation but Lisa Benton sends out the manpower to put an end to it before things get too out of control. We'll see you at King of the Ring!

Old 04-09-2021, 03:10 PM   #3025
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

King of the Ring 2040: July 29, 2040

Pre-Show Match: The Hunters vs. Salvatore Scabbia and The Royal Effect
It only makes sense to do this one again considering the match quality and the need to continue the feuds. We need something good to get the crowd going. Brooke works her magic here to maneuver Gavin Jones into a position where Scabbia can capitalize by locking in the Omerta for the submission win. *****, 84% overall.

DAMN YOU, DUD SHOW!!!

King of the Ring begins NOW! Your theme song for tonight is "The Violence" by Rise Against

Opening Match: Chris Collins vs. Clubber Harris
I debated who to put on first but I figured with the way I'm planning the other matches to finish I figure this is the best route to go. It's hard-hitting goodness at its finest and Harris scores a clean win here after escaping a Fall From Heaven attempt and immediately hits the Club Pain for the pin. ****1/2, 83% overall.

DAMN YOU, DUD SHOW!!!

Second Match: Faith Connors and Jenna Kyle vs. Hannah McCormick and Leah
The heel team declares that they've got a lot to prove tonight to those overhyped poster girls. The dud show spares these guys somewhat and I don't blame it. The end comes with Leah sending Jenna into the steps while Hannah looks to boot Faith down but Faith catches the foot and looks to counter into the Crisis of Faith but Leah holds Hannah's other leg in place which causes Faith to crash into the mat hard on her own. Hannah takes advantage and stacks up Faith using the ropes for some additional aide and scores the pin. Hannah runs off in celebration as the faces are dejected. *****, 85% overall. Oh, yeah, my girls giving the finger to the dud show.

Third Match: WWE Cruiserweight Title
The Undefeated Steel Cage Master and ACTUAL 2040 King of the Ring, The Former Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody (c) vs. Martyn LaSalle
Luscious takes a seat at ringside in LaSalle's corner and plays cheerleader for him. LaSalle just outwrestles Hotbody at virtually every turn forcing the champion to resort to hit and run tactics and hiding behind the ref. The end comes when the two stumble to the outside in front of Luscious which causes her to get up to avoid any possible harm. Hotbody takes issue with her presence and berates her. He shoves her into the barricade when she doesn't back down. Hotbody turns his attention to LaSalle who has recovered enough to the point where he can fight back but Luscious is peeved and comes back to slap the taste out of Hotbody's mouth causing the ref to call for the DQ against LaSalle. Hotbody wins and retains the title thanks to Luscious losing her cool! Hotbody runs away in triump while Luscious is mortified realizing what she's done. LaSalle kneels on the ground in disappointment and looks up at Luscious equally mortified. *****, 85% overall.

Fourth Match: WWE Women's Title
Naomi Bailey (c) vs. Tania
Tania shows no fear and does her best to hang with the overpowering nature of Naomi. The ref is bumped after catching a boot from Naomi intended to take Tania's head off. They brawl for a while in the meantime but that jezebel, Billie Padgett, still has eyes for vengeance and runs in to hit Tania with the Red Hook. Naomi adds the exclamation point by hitting a Bail Out as the ref recovers and counts the pin for Naomi allowing her to retain. *****, 86% overall.

Fifth Match: WWE Unified Tag Team Titles
The Future Foundation (c) vs. The Wyldhearts
Vivian Merrick surprises everyone as she's seconding the Wyldhearts tonight. Has she finally had enough of Rick Hilton? This is some awesome back and forth between these two teams as The Future Foundation try to get things going without Vivian in their corner. The end comes after another BONZO GONZO scenario which leaves Hilton alone with Bellamey. Bellamey has Hilton right where he wants him and Vivian feels he should finish things off with a belt shot. She slides in with one of the belts and looks to hand it to Blaine...then proceeds to kick him in the nuts and hand the belt to Rick. Rick puts it to good use and then hits the Wake-Up Call for the pin to retain. Vivian joins the champions in beating down the Wyldhearts afterwards. *****, 85% overall.

Sixth Match: WWE Intercontinental Title vs. Career
Brandon Reigns (c) vs. Conner Buchanan
Well, it was a good run with Conner but the roster only has so much room for people hanging on way into their forties. Reigns really shouldn't be jobbing right now anyway. Conner tries his damndest but Reigns manages to counter the Borderline into locking in the Iron Reign! Conner fights...and fights...and fights...and ultimately taps out giving the win to Reigns to retain. Conner takes his leave as the audience is disappointed but they applaud him on the way out. Reigns celebrates like nobody's business and gets on the mic to brag...only for SETH VON KAMP to make his return by bum rushing the ring and beating the shit out of Reigns! Reigns rakes the eyes in desperation and runs out grabbing his title and briefcase as he exits. *****. 85% overall.

Seventh Match: King of the Ring Finals - Noah Carmichael vs. Quentin McDaniels
This is for all the marbles...well, half of the marbles as we determine who goes to SummerSlam's main event with a title shot. This is almost beat for beat their encounter at WrestleMania only more intense. These former partners know each other almost too well. Ultimately, Noah proves himself once more to be the better man and surprises Quentin with a Quick Draw out of nowhere and scores the pin to win the 2040 King of the Ring tournament! He makes his way up the ramp and takes his place on the throne while making motions with his hands signaling that he wants the Unified World Title. *****, 85% overall.

MAIN EVENT: WWE Unified World Title
Butch Fleming (c) vs. Kerry Cemenko
Cemenko gives Fleming almost no room to breathe in the opening. Fleming manages to ding up Cemenko's knee giving him something to focus on as he fights back. Cemenko hangs as best as he can but it's just not his night as he goes for the Curb Stomp with his knee slowing him up a bit but that's all the opening Fleming needs to catch Cemenko mid-jump and flow right into the Slaughterhouse Special to get the pin and retain the title. Fleming is going to SummerSlam as the champion! *****, 85% overall.

Overall show rating: 86% Fuck you, dud.
Old 04-09-2021, 05:29 PM   #3026
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Oh. My. God.

7 straight ***** matches. Legitimately a contender for a 98% show rating. And it was wasted on a dud show.

Battling the crippling writers block I get with EWR is bad enough but something like that would make me put the game away for ages.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:03 PM   #3027
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

I've legit gotten a 98% show rating way back when for a SummerSlam. It was glorious.

I think I can pull it off again with what I have planned for this year's show...unless the game decides to be a douche again.
Old 04-15-2021, 04:23 AM   #3028
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Raw: July 30, 2040

Last show of the month as we begin the march to SummerSlam! We open with the winner of the King of the Ring Tournament, the 3-time Unified World Champion Noah Carmichael. He wants to make it clear that he's not out here to be handed a scepter or have a crown placed on his head or to sit on his ass in a giant throne. There are trinkets and then there is real treasure. Real treasure like the gold that Butch Fleming parades around. That's the end game here; the key word being 'end'. Carmichael is aware that this struggle between himself and Fleming has felt like an eternity and that closure is in order so he's going to aim to bring that closure to the people. So while he may not be demanding robes and chalices and scepters and fancy ceremonies, Carmichael does feel entitled to at least one royal decree as it pertains to his title match at SummerSlam against Butch Fleming. With that said, if Fleming has the stomach and the balls, Carmichael wants this match to be the definitive one between the two of them...Carmichael demands that this match be...HELL IN A CELL! Think it over, Fleming; he'll be waiting.

Backstage, Martyn LaSalle makes his way through the arena and runs into Luscious, who looks like she's been waiting on him to arrive. Luscious immediately apologizes in a frantic tone for what happened last night. Hotbody was being such a jerk and when he shoved her down he crossed a line and she was just blinded by rage and the next thing she knew she was slapping him across the face. She asks for forgiveness and wants to try to make it up to LaSalle somehow. Maybe she can work some of sort of deal with Lisa Benton and get him another match or something?

LaSalle waves her off and tries to keep his cool. "Look, I'm here to call out Michael Hotbody myself and challenge him to be a man about this. I'm working my own angle here. That's a very much appreciated offer on your behalf, but, officially you're not my manager so I can't assure you that you'd be successful. I'll handle this on my own."

"Well, I can at least try..."

"Listen, you're nice and all and you most certainly have a future as far as managing goes. A lot of guys would be lucky to have you in their corner but as of right now, I need you to back off of this one."

Luscious looks hurt and dejected but nods in acceptance. "I get it. I'll take a step back. I probably should have done that last night. Listen, if you ever change your mind...or are interested in exploring other avenues, I'll be here." And with that Luscious leans in and locks lips with LaSalle! She departs smiling leaving LaSalle in shock.

First Match: Clubber Harris and The Wyldhearts vs. Chris Collins and the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions The Future Foundation
Vivian Merrick mocks everyone for thinking she'd want anything to do with a bunch of scrubs like The Wyldhearts. She already has a pair of winners in her brother Julian and the greatest lover she's ever known, Rick Hilton. She had hoped to cause enough of a rift between Greer and Bellamey to the point where the Future Foundation would capitalize and eliminate them from the equation. She warns the Wyldhearts to know their limits. Aside from that we've got some great six-man action here. The end comes when Harris takes care of Vivian's attempts at tomfoolery by ramming her brother into her, knocking her off the apron, followed by the Club Pain for the pin. ****1/2, 92% overall.

Backstage, Billie Padgett is proud of what she did last night in costing Tania the Women's Title. She thinks that it was cute that Tania thought she could become champion and that Billie would just ignore their history. Tania doesn't know real suffering and hardship...but she will.

Second Match: Shawn Dangerson vs. Zachary Vale
I should probably get a manager for Vale, too. Anyways, the cruiserweight quota must be reached somehow and if it involves continuing the push for Shawn Dangerson, so be it. Another terrific outing here for Dangerson as he scores another tap out win by locking in the Danger Zone. ****1/2, 90% overall.

In-Ring Super Special Talky Time with WWE Intercontinental Champion Brandon Reigns. He's out here demanding the people thank him for what he did last night in getting rid of someone like Conner Buchanan. The people shouldn't be sad. They should be hopeful; hopeful that a new dawn in the WWE will be approaching. It will arrive, he assures us, as long as he's around and as long as he is in possession of the Money in the Bank contract and the Intercontinental Title. As far as Seth Von Kamp goes, last night he got his little burst of revenge for what happened to him in the tournament. He let out his aggression, you people got to cheer, and everyone went home. Fine. That's the end of that as far as Reigns is concerned. Seth got his pound of flesh so Reigns wants nothing more to do with him and that's final!

Naturally Seth Von Kamp isn't having any of this and decides to come out and run to the ring looking to get him some more of Reigns. Reigns repeatedly shouts at Seth to not do this and that it's over between them. Seth isn't having it so Reigns decides to make his exit.

Backstage, Nathan Quinn approaches Hannah McCormick and wants to thank her for joining his and Leah's cause against Jenna Kyle. Hannah simply nods in acknowledgment and continues about her business. Nathan says that this is the point where Hannah is supposed to thank Leah for helping Hannah get the win last night. Hannah claims that she could have got that win on her own and to make things clear, Hannah had her own vendetta against Jenna Kyle. Hannah accuses Nathan and Leah of leeching off of her and walks away.

Third Match: Jamie Roderick and Frankie vs. Cordelia and Carmella Costello
Hmmm...women in tag teams...certainly that's not a hint of things to come, right? Anyways, despite not being the most charismatic on the roster, these ladies are still a hell of a hand, work-wise. Roderick scores the tap out win by slapping the Roderick Legacy on Cordelia. ****1/2, 88% overall.

Soap Opera Time with Martyn LaSalle as he enters the ring and polls the audience as to whether or not they think he had things in hand last night and should be standing here the new cruiserweight champion. The crowd seems to be on his side and LaSalle approves and uses this as proof that he deserves another shot at Hotbody. LaSalle knows he's asking for a lot but he stand here demanding that Hotbody actually act like a man and a real champion and accept the challenge.

Hotbody does indeed come out to the stage to respond but he's got Luscious with him by her hair! Hotbody doesn't answer to LaSalle or the wench that he's got in his hand. Hotbody isn't going to be sucked into whatever conspiracy she and LaSalle are cooking up. If LaSalle wants another title match, he can come down right now and try to beat one out of Hotbody!

LaSalle has seen enough and runs down to help Luscious and Hotbody lets her go ready to fight. LaSalle looks to take a swing at Hotbody....AND LUSCIOUS SPRAYS LASALLE IN THE FACE WITH SOMETHING!!! WTF IS GOING ON?!?!? Hotbody dances happily around LaSalle as he writhes in agony on the ground...THEN SHARES A KISS WITH LUSCIOUS!!! Have they been in cahoots this whole time?!? Hotbody takes a break from the tonsil hockey to pick up LaSalle and ram him into the stage followed by tossing him off. Luscious then kisses Hotbody some more in celebration.

Fourth Match: Haven vs. Steve Hayes
Haven continues to be in a foul mood as he has yet to get to the bottom of the mysteriousness that's been plaguing him. Fortunately he's able to turn some of that aggression into something positive as he scores a decisive win here after the Sting of Solace. The lights go loopy again and the word 'SOON' once again flashes on the big screen. ****1/2, 93% overall.

MAIN EVENT: WWE Unified World Champion Butch Fleming and Salvatore Scabbia vs. Noah Carmichael and Ryan Pattillo
More chaos than a regular match as the emotions are running extremely high here. So high to the point where Fleming looks to use one of his title belts on Carmichael but the King of the Ring ducks it and grabs the other belt and clocks the champion for the DQ. More brawling closes us out for this edition of Raw. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:17 AM   #3029
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Old 04-15-2021, 08:19 AM   #3030
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
Third Match: Jamie Roderick and Frankie vs. Cordelia and Carmella Costello
Hmmm...women in tag teams...certainly that's not a hint of things to come, right? Anyways, despite not being the most charismatic on the roster, these ladies are still a hell of a hand, work-wise. Roderick scores the tap out win by slapping the Roderick Legacy on Cordelia. ****1/2, 88% overall.
Bah gawd the women's tag division may be on the horizon! I can already smell the ratings and he star ratings.

Quote:
Soap Opera Time with Martyn LaSalle as he enters the ring and polls the audience as to whether or not they think he had things in hand last night and should be standing here the new cruiserweight champion. The crowd seems to be on his side and LaSalle approves and uses this as proof that he deserves another shot at Hotbody. LaSalle knows he's asking for a lot but he stand here demanding that Hotbody actually act like a man and a real champion and accept the challenge.

Hotbody does indeed come out to the stage to respond but he's got Luscious with him by her hair! Hotbody doesn't answer to LaSalle or the wench that he's got in his hand. Hotbody isn't going to be sucked into whatever conspiracy she and LaSalle are cooking up. If LaSalle wants another title match, he can come down right now and try to beat one out of Hotbody!

LaSalle has seen enough and runs down to help Luscious and Hotbody lets her go ready to fight. LaSalle looks to take a swing at Hotbody....AND LUSCIOUS SPRAYS LASALLE IN THE FACE WITH SOMETHING!!! WTF IS GOING ON?!?!? Hotbody dances happily around LaSalle as he writhes in agony on the ground...THEN SHARES A KISS WITH LUSCIOUS!!! Have they been in cahoots this whole time?!? Hotbody takes a break from the tonsil hockey to pick up LaSalle and ram him into the stage followed by tossing him off. Luscious then kisses Hotbody some more in celebration.
Yesssssssssssssssss! I knew someone like Luscious was bound to have a baddie in her. Hotbody even more unbearable with a hot girlfriend on top of everything else.

Quote:

Well, if they have kids they can be referred to as

The Dark Order
Old 04-15-2021, 09:25 AM   #3031
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

With this being 2040 and both Vince and Linda likely shuffled off this mortal coil, how old is this mysterious daughter?
Old 04-15-2021, 10:52 AM   #3032
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Hmm, Vince would be 95.

Thing is, Vince's mother is still alive and turns 101 in a couple months. Maybe they call him a genetic jackhammer for a reason.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:54 AM   #3033
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Got some people returning from their suspension. Don't know if they'll factor into SummerSlam just yet as I've already got 6 matches as a lock. My money is also going up which means Jenna gets more early Christmas presents.

Tamara, Victor Dark, Dell Killings, and Ziggy Styles are all ready to go. I agree that Killings is indeed ready to go...to the unemployment line because his stats suck giraffe balls. I figure I job him to Ziggy as a debut and then shuffle him off to Buffalo. Tamara can work partnered up with another woman on a team. Victor...well, not sure where to go with him.
Old 04-16-2021, 01:23 AM   #3034
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

So with the women's tag team being extremely likely to become a reality in these next few shows, let me run some of the teams and their names by you. It's a bit rough considering I've never had to think up names for a women's team before.

The Brooklyn Sisterhood (Billie Padgett and Emma Edwards) - This was a natural one considering they were already a stable in the past so why not?
The Internet Darlings (Lauren Franklyn and Sarah Moore) - You know, since I would imagine a good chunk of the online community demanding more of a push for them
The Glamour Brigade (C.J. and Arianna) - Stuck up, high class bitches is always a good thing
The Glitz Girls (Tania and Lzzy Ryd) - High class and glam rock combine!
The Jersey Experience (Frankie and Jamie Roderick)
The Lonely Girls (Faith Connors and Jenna Kyle) - You know, a play on the song title plus their outsider nature
The Pacific Connection (Tamara and Mika) - Rookies. Might as well use this to debut them
The Perfections (Bonnie Beckham and Leah) - Nathan Quinn having to go recruiting since Hannah gave him the cold shoulder on the last show
The Southern Belles (Hannah McCormick and Bobbi Jo) - Another natural pairing since Bobbi has been the protégé/sidekick of Hannah's for a long time. Might as well start getting some mileage out of her
Triple C (Carmella Costello and Cordelia) - Brooke's going to have her hands full with all the people under her watch

That's all I've got so far. It is quite the number of women I have under contract. Maybe this will work out for the best.
Old 04-16-2021, 10:28 AM   #3035
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Even though I understand the Triple C name, it's kinda a strange name for a tag team. Maybe Cordelia also has a C surname and they can be C4. EXPLOSIVE MATCH BABY!!!!!
Old 04-16-2021, 11:08 AM   #3036
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
Even though I understand the Triple C name, it's kinda a strange name for a tag team. Maybe Cordelia also has a C surname and they can be C4. EXPLOSIVE MATCH BABY!!!!!
Hmmmmmm....definitely much more potential there. Cordelia Capriati, perhaps?
Old 04-16-2021, 11:21 AM   #3037
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

That's such an obnoxious name, I love it.
Old 04-16-2021, 11:27 AM   #3038
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
That's such an obnoxious name, I love it.
Jennifer Capriati clutches her gold medal and weeps.
Old 04-17-2021, 10:55 AM   #3039
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Superstars: August 2, 2040

Opening Match: The Pacific Connection (Mika and Tamara) vs. The Jersey Experience (Jamie Roderick and Frankie)
Stephan Q. Sterling announces The Pacific Connection as his newest charges and hopes they'll be making an impact in the women's division. Rough crowd reaction but luckily Jamie is the veteran here and holds everyone's hand in order to make the heels' debut something worthwhile. Carmella Costello, however, ruins everyone's day by dragging Frankie out and getting some pound of flesh for the DQ. I have high hopes for this aspect of the women's division. ****1/4, 71% overall.

Back from break as we have Tania joining us in the ring to air her grievances over what happened at King of the Ring. Billie Padgett just couldn't stand the fact that Tania would have been standing here today the Women's Champion as it would have been an indication of Tania simply being better than her. Tania is tired of Padgett's jabs so if she wants to get tough, Tania will be happy to oblige as she has no problem getting tough if it means mopping the floor with Padgett once and for all. "You thought it was cute for me to think I could become champion? Believe me, I'm done with being cute."

Cue the interruption but this time it's some unknown music and who should join us on the stage but...Ziggy Styles?!? "FINALLY the cries of wrestling fans around the globe have been answered! The great Ziggy Styles is HONORED to be the answer to the prayers on everyone's lips. Remember this moment! Remember this night! Remember these words! You will tell stories to your children and your children's children about where you were when Ziggy Styles changed the face of the WWE! The WWE has been too depressing lately! Too much of a bummer! Too much drama and melancholy! There are way too many sticks up way too many...um...posteriors! When was the last time anybody just paused to smell the roses or just have a good time? Well, all of that is going to change! The Zig-ster is here and ready to spread his love all over everyone's faces! Tania, I don't want to leave you out of this. I'm here to turn that frown upside-down along with all the other sad faces here tonight! So I ask you along with everyone watching: Are you ready to get Ziggy with it?!?"

Tania does not look amused as she delivers her response. "Sorry, what the hell does that even mean?"

"It means...."

"I don't actually care! Unless you're Billie Padgett dressed to look like a jackass you can take a hike!"

"Hey, you know what? You don't get to get Ziggy with it anymore! You should change your name to Debbie Downer! You can stay there and mope and be sad and play the sympathy card all you want! Ziggy Styles doesn't need you to have a good time and he certainly doesn't need you to make an impact! You all just keep tuned in because the birth of the Styles Era has begun!" With that, Ziggy Styles dances his way off the stage encouraging the crowd to join him.

Backstage, Faith Connors and Jenna Kyle have been watching the proceedings. Jenna questions what the deal is with all of these loudmouths in the WWE. It's like every week they have to deal with a new one. Faith brings up how one particular group of loudmouths got one over on them at King of the Ring and that they need to take it to heart to be extra vigilant. Jenna admits that it was a setback but that Hannah and Leah would need a hell of a lot more nights like that to even come close to what Faith and her have built.

Second Match: Shawn Dangerson vs. Bill Crockett
The push continues! Not a complete domination for Dangerson but effective nonetheless as he continues to impress. He gets the tap out win with the Danger Zone. ****1/2, 79% overall.

Backstage, Seth Von Kamp wants to talk Brandon Reigns. Specifically the lack of balls on Brandon Reigns. He didn't have the balls to compete in King of the Ring. He didn't have the balls to face him on Raw. And he doesn't have the balls to build that bright future he's always talking about. Seth is content, however, in the fact that Reigns can't avoid him forever.

Third Match: The Wyldhearts vs. The Royal Effect
It's taken me this long to realize that this is a dud show. That doesn't stop these guys from trying though. And it certainly doesn't stop the Future Foundation from their neverending quest to be dicks to their rivals as they try to ruin things for the Wyldhearts but Hilton accidentally runs into Kavovit. Robbie tosses Hilton and finishes Kavovit off with a Swandive Headbutt for the pin. The Play Pals run down to even things up and prevent any further shenanigans. *****, 84% overall.

It's time for another edition of the Hot Button with everyone's favorite host, The Undefeated Steel Cage Master and REAL 2040 King of the Ring, Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect, the Cruiserweight Champion Michael Hotbody. He's got his new lover, Luscious along for the ride and they proceed to mock Martyn LaSalle. Luscious questions LaSalle as to whether he really actually thought a woman like her would have ANY interest in a stiff like him. And really, that's the only aspect in which you can describe LaSalle as 'stiff'. She declares that Michael Hotbody is where the real action is: in the ring...and in several other areas, too. She continues by adding that she came to the WWE to be where the winners are and Hotbody is right at the top of that list as he's accomplished so much in such little time. She'd have to be a complete fool to associate herself with someone like Martyn LaSalle.

Hotbody wants to pile it on and calls LaSalle an idiot, not just for falling for Luscious but for challenging him in the ring. Hotbody continues to remain the best thing that's ever happened to the Cruiserweight division and he's only going to continue to be hot now that the lovely Luscious is officially on board the party wagon. You could even call him the Luscious Lover. In fact, you should all do that from now on! Forget the summer because nothing is going to be hotter than the union you're all looking at right now!

Luscious and Hotbody proceed to kiss to a chorus of boos but their session gets interrupted by the boss, Lisa Benton! Benton says that she's out here to actually applaud the two of them. "I have to admit, I was just like everyone here by completely falling for the charade the two of you put together these last few weeks. It was very impressive in how convincing it was. I mean, I really believed that Luscious was out for Martyn LaSalle."

"It was pretty tremendous wasn't it?" Luscious cheers.

"Yes, yes, quite tremoundous. Very realistic. Very passionate. It was so real, in fact, that I believed that you wanted Martyn LaSalle to have another match for the Cruiserweight Title against Michael Hotbody!"

"She is pretty good, right?" Hotbody boasts.

"Yes, very good. She did such a good job with that. I believed it SO MUCH, that, quite frankly, I went ahead and awarded Martyn LaSalle another match for the Cruiserweight Title!" The crowd cheers and the joy disappears from the faces of Hotbody and Luscious. Benton continues, "Yes, he will get another title match and it will be at SummerSlam! And to ensure that it doesn't go to hell because of an errant slap to the face from someone sticking their nose in the way, it's going to be...A SUBMISSION MATCH!" Benton takes her leave as the two lovebirds shout in protest.

Fourth Match: Lzzy Ryd vs. Emma Edwards
This certainly isn't an excuse to begin the path towards teaming up Lzzy and Tania. No siree, Bob. The two women pull off a tremendous encounter despite everything working against them. Billie Padgett runs in to attack Lzzy when it looks like she's about to put away Emma for the DQ. Tania runs down to even things up by getting a piece of Padgett and the heels go in retreat. *****, 85% overall.

Fifth Match: Alexander Piero vs. L.A. Xander
This is all about making Piero look good. This is a banger of an encounter that sees Piero picking up the win with the Flashpoint. Afterwards, ORLANDO KINCAID runs down making his return and just levels Alexander Piero! He asks Piero if he's forgotten about him! Looks like this feud must continue! ****1/2, 81% overall.

In-Ring Super Special Talky Time with Xavier Cross. He laments how the year hasn't been kind to him as he has made effort after effort to get his hands on that Unified World Title. EVERYONE HAS BEEN WORKING AGAINST HIM! From Haven to Kerry Cemenko and then just recently to Noah Carmichael in the King of the Ring tournament! And the worst part of it all is that all of you people cheer them on! You people are just as much the problem as anyone else! Well, he's not just going to be overlooked. He still expects the winner of SummerSlam's main event to DO THE RIGHT THING and offer him a chance at the gold! In the meantime, he demands to be treated with the proper respect and the proper opponent for SummerSlam so that his case can made even further! He'll take anybody because Xavier Cross will not be denied!

With that said, Kyle Jacobs sneaks up from behind through the crowd making his return and spins Cross around and hits a Legacy Bomb! Everyone's making an impact tonight!

MAIN EVENT: Quentin McDaniels vs. Stone Walsh
I kind of have to throw Quentin a bone here after jobbing him out in the finals at the PPV. He's over and talented enough to recover, I'd say. He blocks the Stone Cutter and reverses into the Great Depression to pick up the pin and the victory. *****, 85% overall.

Overall show rating: 84%
Old 04-17-2021, 11:52 AM   #3040
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Ziggy Styles is such a goofball. Love him playing off of a serious heel.

That Lzzy and Tania team is gonna rock, glam rock.

Stone Walsh's finisher is called the Stone Cutter, but does he control the British crown and keep the metric system down?