TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > entertainment forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2014, 11:55 PM   #11
Fox
"Ask him!"

Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Fox has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Read the entire Game of Thrones series in the span of about 6 months. The fourth one was tough to get through (it features all of my least favorite characters), but making it to the fifth one made it worthwhile. Giving them individual ratings would be difficult at this point, since they all kind of run into each other in my head. Great though, if you're into fantasy/political dramas.

Finished "Catcher in the Rye" about a month ago - my first time reading it. I loved the style of the writing, but it ended up being rather simplistic. Don't really see what all the fuss is about. I guess it was more controversial when it was written.

"Catch Me If You Can" is amazing. I highly recommend it to pretty much anyone. Don't let the Spielberg film turn you off from reading it - they're almost completely different. Reading, in detail, the depth that he went to fool so many people in so many scams was incredible. Pretty addictive book - I think I finished this in under a week.

Finished "Enders Game" about a week ago. Pretty awesome stuff - way better than the incredibly shitty film.

I started reading "The Forever War", but stopped about a quarter of the way through. Pretty depressing shit, which I guess figures, since it's basically a Vietnam War veteran's story set in a futuristic world fighting against alien beings. I'll probably finish it later in the year.

Reading the new version of "The Death of WCW" right now. I've read the first publication version about 100 times, so reading the new version with about 40% more text is a bit refreshing.

Just purchased about 10 new books for my Kindle (Top 10 sellers on Amazon for 2014), so I'll start something new soon. It'll be nice to read something from this year.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote