TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Old 02-09-2021, 11:36 PM   #1
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Tonight's results are sponsored by Thunder Rosa.

AEW Dark: March 2, 2021:
-Thunder Rosa def. Diamante
-Wardlow def. QT Marshall
-Dr. Britt Baker DMD def. Serena Deeb
-Scopio Sky def. Isiah Kassidy
-The Dark Order (Alex Reynolds, Colt Cabana, Evil Uno, John Silver, and Stu Grayson) def. Angelico, Jack Evans, Luther, Peter Avalon, and Serpentico

AEW Dynamite: March 3, 2021

Segment 1:

Not gonna lie, I can be a sucker for cold openings on a wrestling show, and that's what we get here as AEW World Champion Kenny Omega arrives at the building with his manager Don Callis, and he doesn't make it a few yards before "The Bastard" PAC pounces on him, still irate about being screwed out of the title on Sunday. Security has some early work to do to keep them apart. 89% overall

Segment 2:

"The Machine" Brian Cage is here and he's pissed off, ready for a fight and the man who has the unfortunate task of facing him tonight is "The Bad Boy" Joey Janela. Janela being a tough bastard in his own right hangs in there as best he can but for the most part Cage is prolonging the inevitable. Taz, sitting in on commentary for this match, is ranting about Sunday's street fight that went awry, and says Darby Allin's business with Team Taz is far from over. ***1/4, 76% overall

Segment 3:

"The American Nightmare" Cody Rhodes makes his way out to the ring. He confirms the rumors that had been making their way around online in the past few days, AEW is ready to get back on the road and it all starts on Saturday, March 27th at Blood and Guts, with the fans getting the titular match they missed out on a year ago. Now, Tony Khan will be deciding who will be in the landmark match over the next week, but he's already thrown his hat in the ring, his dad was in so many matches like Blood and Guts over the years and he wants to continue carrying on his legacy.

The music of Eddie Kingston hits, Eddie says it's bullshit that Cody's using his pull with the office to try to get into the match. He won on Sunday and citing his lengthy career in CZW and IWA Mid South, if anybody is suited for a Blood and Guts match, it's him. He gets in Cody's face, Cody shoves him back, and we've already got our second pull apart of the night with The Family and Natural Nightmares coming in as well, sounds like a future trios match to me! 90% overall

Segment 4:

New AEW Women's World Champion Awesome Kong teamed with Dr. Britt Baker to take on Big Swole and former champion Hikaru Shida. This was more or less a showcase match for all four, Kong having some fiery brawls with Shida while also mixing it up with Swole for the first time. Baker has history with both opponents throughout 2020 so that was played up on as well. Kong and Shida eventually brawl out of the arena, as the ref tends to that, Britt pulls out her doctor's notebook and smacks Swole with it, she goes down like a stack of bricks...what is that thing made out of? Britt swipes the pinfall victory. **3/4, 73% overall

Segment 5:

The Inner Circle are backstage in their dressing room, more infighting with even Jericho losing his patience especially after MJF's miscommunication at Revolution. MJF attempts to calm the mood and says the Young Buck problem will be tended to before long - Sammy Guevara and Jake Hager will get their turn tonight. Sammy gets in MJF's face and tells him to stay in the back this time. 95% overall

Segment 6:

It's "Freshly Squeezed" Orange Cassidy vs. Jack Evans. I feel for TH2 (Jack Evans and Angelico) because while they're talented, they're almost certainly not going to be winning any matches for me as they're clearly at the bottom of the pecking order and I'm relatively low on jobbers since much of the actual enhancement guys are in the developmental system. I like to imagine when I don't book them on Dark, they're grabbing wins against the developmental guys.

Be that as it may, the least I can do is give them the occasional showcase match and I do just that here, because hoooooly shit do these guys gel well. OC's still reeling from his match with Miro last weekend, allowing Evans to hang in there for a while before OC comes charging back and gets the win with the Stun Dog Millionaire. Camera cuts to Miro backstage, looking pissed that OC still has something in the tank. ****, 81% overall

Segment 7:

Sting and Darby Allin having a chat backstage for what amounts to an unofficial torch passing segment. 5 years ago, he never thought he'd get the chance to be in the ring again, the chance to get closure. He thanked Darby for allowing him to mentor him and fight Team Taz alongside him. Maybe he'll be lurking in the shadows again when he's needed, because the only thing that's for sure about Sting is that nothing's for sure. 84% overall

Segment 8:

Six man tag team action as SoCal Uncensored (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, and Scorpio Sky) face off against FTR and Shawn Spears. Tully Blanchard was mum as to why he brought Spears back into the fold this past Saturday, and why his former client is back under his tutelage. For now, the focus is just on some solid trios action. The 50 year old Daniels is, as you can expect, mostly being used to put over others at this point and on this night he takes a C4 for Spears as the Blanchard trio picks up an impressive win over the longtime SCU group. ***, 75% overall

Segment 9:

Matt Hardy flexing his agent skills once again got a match booked for "Hangman" Adam Page against a Dark Order member Coit Cabana. Hardy continues to try to sell Hangman on joining the Hardy brand and drive a wedge between him and his friendship with Dark Order. Page and Cabana have a spirited match, Page opting to fight clean again despite Matt yelling at him to do illegal stuff on the outside.

Colt throws some Dusty-style elbows, Page is groggy in the corner, Colt signals that he's gonna go for the Flying Asshole but Hardy grabs his feet. Colt stomps him off, turns around into a Buckshot Lariat. Hangman wins and Matt comes in to celebrate and kick Colt when he's down. Page once again is like WTF man, I don't want to fight dirty. ***1/2, 82% overall

Segment 10:

Jon Moxley cuts a promo from a shady back alley somewhere. Putting the Good Brothers through tables at Revolution was fun, but it's time to move onward and upward. Eddie Kingston wants to talk about the places he's been? Moxley has been there too...Blood and Guts is right up his alley, and he wants in. 90% overall

Segment 11:

The Young Bucks vs. Sammy Hager is the main event of the evening. Not sure what else to say about the Bucks at this point...they hit it out of the park in every match, I guess that tag experience rating really does make a difference. Anyway, Sammy works a similar fast paced, spotty style to the Bucks so I can see why that would work, whereas Hager is more of a brute strength change of pace.

Inner Circle are shown backstage, Jericho wants to get the troops out there at one point but MJF talks him out of it. Sammy Hager come pretty damn close to pulling an upset on multiple occasions. Ultimately though, Hager is sidestepped and sent tumbling out of the ring leaving Sammy to take a Meltzer Driver for the big Bucks win.

The celebration doesn't last long as the rest of the Inner Circle run out with MJF and an increasingly frustrated Jericho getting most of the shots in. Will the Young Bucks ever be able to shake off the Inner Circle? I kinda hope not, cause this feud is bringing the goods. ****1/4, 87% overall

84% show rating

---

Dean Malenko informs me afterwards that Brian Cage and Joey Janela work well together.

Hikaru Shida requests to work in a regular team with Big Swole. I have no real plans for a women's tag division, but Shida's legitimately in my top 5 wrestling crushes at the moment...decisions decisions.

Best Dynamite I've had so far.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:34 AM   #2
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
Tonight's results are sponsored by Thunder Rosa.

Mmmm...I could get behind that....

Quote:
AEW Dark: March 2, 2021:
-Thunder Rosa def. Diamante
-Wardlow def. QT Marshall
-Dr. Britt Baker DMD def. Serena Deeb
-Scopio Sky def. Isiah Kassidy
-The Dark Order (Alex Reynolds, Colt Cabana, Evil Uno, John Silver, and Stu Grayson) def. Angelico, Jack Evans, Luther, Peter Avalon, and Serpentico
Women as the opening match reeks of middle fingers to the establishmentness!

Quote:
AEW Dynamite: March 3, 2021

Segment 1:

Not gonna lie, I can be a sucker for cold openings on a wrestling show, and that's what we get here as AEW World Champion Kenny Omega arrives at the building with his manager Don Callis, and he doesn't make it a few yards before "The Bastard" PAC pounces on him, still irate about being screwed out of the title on Sunday. Security has some early work to do to keep them apart. 89% overall
Man, what a sore loser PAC is. That was totally a clean finish at Revolution.

Quote:
Segment 2:

"The Machine" Brian Cage is here and he's pissed off, ready for a fight and the man who has the unfortunate task of facing him tonight is "The Bad Boy" Joey Janela. Janela being a tough bastard in his own right hangs in there as best he can but for the most part Cage is prolonging the inevitable. Taz, sitting in on commentary for this match, is ranting about Sunday's street fight that went awry, and says Darby Allin's business with Team Taz is far from over. ***1/4, 76% overall
Pfft, Taz on commentary. What promotion would ever make a move like that. I imagine Cage has some pretty good stats.

Quote:
Segment 3:

"The American Nightmare" Cody Rhodes makes his way out to the ring. He confirms the rumors that had been making their way around online in the past few days, AEW is ready to get back on the road and it all starts on Saturday, March 27th at Blood and Guts, with the fans getting the titular match they missed out on a year ago. Now, Tony Khan will be deciding who will be in the landmark match over the next week, but he's already thrown his hat in the ring, his dad was in so many matches like Blood and Guts over the years and he wants to continue carrying on his legacy.

The music of Eddie Kingston hits, Eddie says it's bullshit that Cody's using his pull with the office to try to get into the match. He won on Sunday and citing his lengthy career in CZW and IWA Mid South, if anybody is suited for a Blood and Guts match, it's him. He gets in Cody's face, Cody shoves him back, and we've already got our second pull apart of the night with The Family and Natural Nightmares coming in as well, sounds like a future trios match to me! 90% overall
This is some good shit, sprinkled in with some classic "heel accuses face of receiving favoritism" whining. I'm not completely on board with bragging about CZW but use what you can I guess.

Quote:
Segment 4:

New AEW Women's World Champion Awesome Kong teamed with Dr. Britt Baker to take on Big Swole and former champion Hikaru Shida. This was more or less a showcase match for all four, Kong having some fiery brawls with Shida while also mixing it up with Swole for the first time. Baker has history with both opponents throughout 2020 so that was played up on as well. Kong and Shida eventually brawl out of the arena, as the ref tends to that, Britt pulls out her doctor's notebook and smacks Swole with it, she goes down like a stack of bricks...what is that thing made out of? Britt swipes the pinfall victory. **3/4, 73% overall
More importantly, where was Baker hiding that thing?

Quote:
Segment 5:

The Inner Circle are backstage in their dressing room, more infighting with even Jericho losing his patience especially after MJF's miscommunication at Revolution. MJF attempts to calm the mood and says the Young Buck problem will be tended to before long - Sammy Guevara and Jake Hager will get their turn tonight. Sammy gets in MJF's face and tells him to stay in the back this time. 95% overall
Sammy Guevara and Jake Hager = Sammy Hager

*facepalm* How did I not fucking get it all this time?

Quote:
Segment 6:

It's "Freshly Squeezed" Orange Cassidy vs. Jack Evans. I feel for TH2 (Jack Evans and Angelico) because while they're talented, they're almost certainly not going to be winning any matches for me as they're clearly at the bottom of the pecking order and I'm relatively low on jobbers since much of the actual enhancement guys are in the developmental system. I like to imagine when I don't book them on Dark, they're grabbing wins against the developmental guys.

Be that as it may, the least I can do is give them the occasional showcase match and I do just that here, because hoooooly shit do these guys gel well. OC's still reeling from his match with Miro last weekend, allowing Evans to hang in there for a while before OC comes charging back and gets the win with the Stun Dog Millionaire. Camera cuts to Miro backstage, looking pissed that OC still has something in the tank. ****, 81% overall
"Freshly Squeezed". You can try to get TH2 more over by feuding them with another low-ranking team until the point where it's believable that they'd be beating some mid-card teams if you're high on them.

Quote:
Segment 7:

Sting and Darby Allin having a chat backstage for what amounts to an unofficial torch passing segment. 5 years ago, he never thought he'd get the chance to be in the ring again, the chance to get closure. He thanked Darby for allowing him to mentor him and fight Team Taz alongside him. Maybe he'll be lurking in the shadows again when he's needed, because the only thing that's for sure about Sting is that nothing's for sure. 84% overall
Oh, come on, I'm sure he's got one more battle for WCW's honor left in him.

Quote:
Segment 8:

Six man tag team action as SoCal Uncensored (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, and Scorpio Sky) face off against FTR and Shawn Spears. Tully Blanchard was mum as to why he brought Spears back into the fold this past Saturday, and why his former client is back under his tutelage. For now, the focus is just on some solid trios action. The 50 year old Daniels is, as you can expect, mostly being used to put over others at this point and on this night he takes a C4 for Spears as the Blanchard trio picks up an impressive win over the longtime SCU group. ***, 75% overall
Yikes, a smack of reality as I realize Daniels is 50. Has there been another guy like him where he's received chance after chance but never hit the upper echelon despite what he can do?

Quote:
Segment 9:

Matt Hardy flexing his agent skills once again got a match booked for "Hangman" Adam Page against a Dark Order member Coit Cabana. Hardy continues to try to sell Hangman on joining the Hardy brand and drive a wedge between him and his friendship with Dark Order. Page and Cabana have a spirited match, Page opting to fight clean again despite Matt yelling at him to do illegal stuff on the outside.

Colt throws some Dusty-style elbows, Page is groggy in the corner, Colt signals that he's gonna go for the Flying Asshole but Hardy grabs his feet. Colt stomps him off, turns around into a Buckshot Lariat. Hangman wins and Matt comes in to celebrate and kick Colt when he's down. Page once again is like WTF man, I don't want to fight dirty. ***1/2, 82% overall
Quit being a pussy, Page! If that's what Matt wanted he'd have just stuck with his drugged out, rainbow-haired brother!

Quote:
Segment 10:

Jon Moxley cuts a promo from a shady back alley somewhere. Putting the Good Brothers through tables at Revolution was fun, but it's time to move onward and upward. Eddie Kingston wants to talk about the places he's been? Moxley has been there too...Blood and Guts is right up his alley, and he wants in. 90% overall
You can tell it was shady because you could spot David McLane in the back soliciting some corner girls.

Quote:
Segment 11:

The Young Bucks vs. Sammy Hager is the main event of the evening. Not sure what else to say about the Bucks at this point...they hit it out of the park in every match, I guess that tag experience rating really does make a difference. Anyway, Sammy works a similar fast paced, spotty style to the Bucks so I can see why that would work, whereas Hager is more of a brute strength change of pace.

Inner Circle are shown backstage, Jericho wants to get the troops out there at one point but MJF talks him out of it. Sammy Hager come pretty damn close to pulling an upset on multiple occasions. Ultimately though, Hager is sidestepped and sent tumbling out of the ring leaving Sammy to take a Meltzer Driver for the big Bucks win.

The celebration doesn't last long as the rest of the Inner Circle run out with MJF and an increasingly frustrated Jericho getting most of the shots in. Will the Young Bucks ever be able to shake off the Inner Circle? I kinda hope not, cause this feud is bringing the goods. ****1/4, 87% overall

84% show rating
Another strong finish to a show. You'd have a pretty good upper-midcard/main event scene if you ever decide to split some of these guys down the road.

---
Quote:
Dean Malenko informs me afterwards that Brian Cage and Joey Janela work well together.

Hikaru Shida requests to work in a regular team with Big Swole. I have no real plans for a women's tag division, but Shida's legitimately in my top 5 wrestling crushes at the moment...decisions decisions.

Best Dynamite I've had so far.
DEAN FUCKING MALENKO doesn't mess around! Now is Shida a wrestling crush because of her work or because she's got it going on in other departments?
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 03:48 PM   #3
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
I imagine Cage has some pretty good stats.
Yeah he's got upper 70s brawl and fairly decent tech especially for a big dude.

Quote:
This is some good shit, sprinkled in with some classic "heel accuses face of receiving favoritism" whining. I'm not completely on board with bragging about CZW but use what you can I guess.
One interesting thing AEW had to navigate early on is that the four guys who basically created the company (Cody, Omega, and the Bucks) are all EVPs. Cody did an angle really early on where he said he would challenge for the AEW World Title once and only once, and if he lost he would never challenge for it again. He lost, and has been out of the World title picture since. Down the line if he goes full-blown corrupt heel, who knows if he renegs.

Nobody really cares that Omega and the Bucks are champions right now because they haven't been overpushed, their spots on the card feel warranted as they're all really good, and they'll inevitably put the right guys over when it's time to pass the belts on.

Being proud of your time at CZW is a weird flex but Kingston (and Moxley too) have kinda embraced their deathmatch roots, like a sense of pride that they were tough bastards but able to rise above it.

Quote:
Oh, come on, I'm sure he's got one more battle for WCW's honor left in him.
Haha, it definitely won't be the last time I use him but I can't imagine a scenario where I book him in an actual match again. I wish he were a manager instead of a non-wrestler but I could always go the authority figure route down the line I suppose.

Quote:
Yikes, a smack of reality as I realize Daniels is 50. Has there been another guy like him where he's received chance after chance but never hit the upper echelon despite what he can do?
Yeah, Daniels fell into the dreaded "hell of a hand" label. A utility player who can get a great match out of anyone but never get pushed to the top guy. ROH gave him a thank you 3 month World title run in 2017 but that's about it. Cesaro's probably the closest guy to that in modern WWE.

Think Luke Harper/Brodie Lee was also in that group as well and his AEW run sure made it seem like he was gonna go to that top level, making his sudden illness and passing all the more sad.

Quote:
Another strong finish to a show. You'd have a pretty good upper-midcard/main event scene if you ever decide to split some of these guys down the road.
Yeah the Bucks are on fire with this series of matches against Inner Circle. Obviously I'm teasing a split coming and I have plenty of options. MJF is legit probably the best heel in the business and is only 24, he's decent in the ring too but his charisma is so off the charts it would barely matter. Sammy Guevara's only 27 and should have a bright singles future too.

Quote:
Now is Shida a wrestling crush because of her work or because she's got it going on in other departments?
A little from column A, a little from column B.

Old 02-13-2021, 04:12 PM   #4
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Tonight's results are sponsored by Dr. Britt Baker

AEW Dark: March 9, 2021:
-"The Concrete Rose" Sonny Kiss def. Peter Avalon
-Ivelisse and Diamante def. Thunder Rosa and Shanna
-Wardlow def. Billy
-Santana and Ortiz def. Alex Reynolds and John Silver
-Rey Fenix def. Matt Sydal

AEW Dynamite: March 10, 2021

Segment 1:

Starting off with a bang as Darby Allin defends his AEW TNT title against "The Spanish God" Sammy Guevara of the Inner Circle. These two had a match way back at Revolution 2020 and it was a fast paced encounter that did not disappoint, and that was no different here as Darby grabs the win after a Coffin Drop. Afterwards, Brian Cage of Team Taz levels Darby with his FTW Championship, Taz meant it when he said his beef with Darby is not yet over. ***1/4, 81% overall

Segment 2:

Speaking of starting a show with a bang, here comes a special appearance by friend of the promotion Diamond Dallas Page! He promotes the latest upgrades of the DDP Yoga plan before the music of Eddie Kingston hits. Eddie runs down Page and uses it as a knock against Cody that he's giving valuable airtime his has-been legend friends. Before Page knows it, The Butcher, The Blade, and Allie are in the ring and The Family put the boots to poor Page. The Nightmare Family of Cody, Dustin, and QT Marshall run out for the save to build to the match later. 77% overall...as an aside, remembering that DDP is 3 years older than Sting will never not shock me

Segment 3:

Miro destroys Michael Nakazawa with reckless abandon in just a few moves. He leaves the Game Over locked in for long after the bell just to be an asshole. He points up to Orange Cassidy who is watching the match hanging out amongst the fans (YAY the mythical post-COVID era!) Orange gives him the thumbs up, not looking phased by Miro at all. **3/4, 68% overall...easily the worst segment of this feud so far, the plight of using one of the least over workers on the roster in his proper spot as an enhancement worker

Segment 4:

"Hangman" Adam Page is at his favorite place, the arena bar, when The Hardy Party walk in. Matt tells Hangman that he knows he doesn't always approve of his methods, but he can't argue with the results. He hands Hangman another contract to consider signing the Matt Hardy Brand. He tells Hangman for just a meager 33.3% of his career earnings, he can take him to the highest levels of the sport. It's a no brainer! But just to show he means business, he's got them a match against another of Page's former friends, the AEW Tag Team champion Young Bucks, next week! 79% overall

Segment 5:

Another 2020 rivalry renewed as Dr. Britt Baker faces off against Hikaru Shida, who broke Britt's nose last year. I actually thought these two had some decent matches in real life but these ratings were nowhere near as kind to them, c'est la vie. Shida hits the Three Count for, well, the three count. Awesome Kong marches down to the ring afterward but hops off the apron as a fired up Shida swings her singapore cane at her. **1/2, 70% overall....actually, as Scott Keith says, that's still Perfectly Acceptable Wrestling

Segment 6:

Another member of Inner Circle is in action tonight as Wardlow who has rung up a lot of wins on Dark faces off against Jon Moxley. During the match, it is confirmed that The Purveyor of Violence was granted his wish to be a part of the Blood and Guts match. This was a pretty decent brawl that gave Wardlow a good showing while also letting Mox keep his age. Mox gets the win with the Paradigm Shift. **3/4, 74% overall

Segment 7:

We cut backstage where there's a fracas going on. PAC finds himself the victim of a three on one beatdown by Shawn Spears and FTR. Those three had been feuding with Jurassic Express, what beef does PAC have with them? In the background, we see Don Callis handing an envelope to Tully Blanchard, guess we know who ordered this beatdown. 69% overall

Segment 8:

Six man tag team action, Family vs. Nightmare Family. Fairly standard six man tag affair here, again with some decent enough brawling going on since guys like Eddie Kingston and Dustin Rhodes are never afraid to throw hands. Butcher and the Blade hit the Full Death on Cody but it is narrowly broken up by Dustin before the inevitable pier six brawl breaks out. Natural Nightmares take out The Butcher at ringside, Cody recovers in the ring and gets The Blade in position for the Cross Rhodes, staring down Eddie Kingston on the rampway. Cody picks up the win for the face team. **3/4, 69% overall

Segment 9:

Interview backstage with the Young Bucks. As Scott Keith's write up says, nothing fancy, just a solid interview. They talk about Jericho and MJF taking the night off while leaving their Inner Circle mates to fight their battles, and say they're always welcome to another shot at their belts after they get past Hangman and Hardy next week. 81% overall

Segment 10:

In our main event of the evening, World champion Kenny Omega faces off against Jungle Boy. Don Callis joins commentary and says he's been given assurance that Jurassic Express are banned at ringside for this one, but also ignored having anything to do with the Spears/FTR beatdown despite visual evidence to the contrary.

Much as Wardlow/Mox was meant to get Wardlow over by letting him hang with a big name, that was true in this main event as well. These two definitely gelled and I could easily buy Jungle Boy getting a few convincing near-falls. FTR make their way out for the distraction, Spears chair shot in the ring, One Winged Angel, Kenny wins another match in classic heel fashion. ***1/4, 79% overall

Segment 11:

Callis and Blanchard shake hands again on the ramp before Blanchard's group leaves and Callis hands a mic to the champ. Kenny cuts an obnoxious promo, reminding everyone that he's the best wrestler in the world.

His promo is soon interrupted by PAC appearing on the video monitor, still selling his beatdown from earlier. If you'd rather fight in a group, so be it...I spoke to Tony Khan and he told me that you and I will both be in Blood and Guts! Kenny is not happy about this at all and yells at Callis to do something as we go off the air. 89% overall

77% show rating

Pretty happy with it considering a few of the segments fell flat and didn't click. Finding that Inner Circle is the only stable I can get away with doing Stable angles for is Inner Circle since Jericho and MJF are hella over and actually 5 of the 7 are at 80 overness or above. All other stable angles are usually one big name and then a lot of far less over workers. But dammit, I love stables and have so many of them!

---

Dean Malenko informs me afterwards that Moxley and Wardlow didn't really click in their match.

Then Moxley tells me he didn't really click with Wardlow. I GET IT, GOD!!!!!!

Eddie Kingston wants to be higher up the card, he's quietly moved all the way up to 84 overness having gained overness in most of his promo as well as his various brawls with Cody. Well shit, that does sound like Upper Midcard territory to me.
Old 02-13-2021, 11:07 PM   #5
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Tonight's results are sponsored by Dr. Britt Baker

I know what you're trying to do and it won't work!!!

Possibly....

Quote:
AEW Dark: March 9, 2021:
-"The Concrete Rose" Sonny Kiss def. Peter Avalon
-Ivelisse and Diamante def. Thunder Rosa and Shanna
-Wardlow def. Billy
-Santana and Ortiz def. Alex Reynolds and John Silver
-Rey Fenix def. Matt Sydal
'Concrete' is a word that doesn't seem to get used enough in wrestling. I used it for Kerry Cemenko because why not? Also please tell me John Silver has a parrot mascot.

Quote:
AEW Dynamite: March 10, 2021

Segment 1:

Starting off with a bang as Darby Allin defends his AEW TNT title against "The Spanish God" Sammy Guevara of the Inner Circle. These two had a match way back at Revolution 2020 and it was a fast paced encounter that did not disappoint, and that was no different here as Darby grabs the win after a Coffin Drop. Afterwards, Brian Cage of Team Taz levels Darby with his FTW Championship, Taz meant it when he said his beef with Darby is not yet over. ***1/4, 81% overall
They don't just give out those FTW Championships, you know.
Quote:
Segment 2:

Speaking of starting a show with a bang, here comes a special appearance by friend of the promotion Diamond Dallas Page! He promotes the latest upgrades of the DDP Yoga plan before the music of Eddie Kingston hits. Eddie runs down Page and uses it as a knock against Cody that he's giving valuable airtime his has-been legend friends. Before Page knows it, The Butcher, The Blade, and Allie are in the ring and The Family put the boots to poor Page. The Nightmare Family of Cody, Dustin, and QT Marshall run out for the save to build to the match later. 77% overall...as an aside, remembering that DDP is 3 years older than Sting will never not shock me
Yeah, DDP was a bit of a late bloomer. Again, beat downs on legends is gold.

Quote:
Segment 3:

Miro destroys Michael Nakazawa with reckless abandon in just a few moves. He leaves the Game Over locked in for long after the bell just to be an asshole. He points up to Orange Cassidy who is watching the match hanging out amongst the fans (YAY the mythical post-COVID era!) Orange gives him the thumbs up, not looking phased by Miro at all. **3/4, 68% overall...easily the worst segment of this feud so far, the plight of using one of the least over workers on the roster in his proper spot as an enhancement worker
Not everyone can be a Bo Dallas. You sometimes have to settle for a JTG.

Quote:
Segment 4:

"Hangman" Adam Page is at his favorite place, the arena bar, when The Hardy Party walk in. Matt tells Hangman that he knows he doesn't always approve of his methods, but he can't argue with the results. He hands Hangman another contract to consider signing the Matt Hardy Brand. He tells Hangman for just a meager 33.3% of his career earnings, he can take him to the highest levels of the sport. It's a no brainer! But just to show he means business, he's got them a match against another of Page's former friends, the AEW Tag Team champion Young Bucks, next week! 79% overall
Now if Hardy had been asking for 33.5% that would have been a bridge too far.

Quote:

Segment 5:

Another 2020 rivalry renewed as Dr. Britt Baker faces off against Hikaru Shida, who broke Britt's nose last year. I actually thought these two had some decent matches in real life but these ratings were nowhere near as kind to them, c'est la vie. Shida hits the Three Count for, well, the three count. Awesome Kong marches down to the ring afterward but hops off the apron as a fired up Shida swings her singapore cane at her. **1/2, 70% overall....actually, as Scott Keith says, that's still Perfectly Acceptable Wrestling
I love how both of us have universes where the women are constantly cranking out the goods.

Quote:

Segment 6:

Another member of Inner Circle is in action tonight as Wardlow who has rung up a lot of wins on Dark faces off against Jon Moxley. During the match, it is confirmed that The Purveyor of Violence was granted his wish to be a part of the Blood and Guts match. This was a pretty decent brawl that gave Wardlow a good showing while also letting Mox keep his age. Mox gets the win with the Paradigm Shift. **3/4, 74% overall
I want to steal that Purveyor of Violence title.

Quote:
Segment 7:

We cut backstage where there's a fracas going on. PAC finds himself the victim of a three on one beatdown by Shawn Spears and FTR. Those three had been feuding with Jurassic Express, what beef does PAC have with them? In the background, we see Don Callis handing an envelope to Tully Blanchard, guess we know who ordered this beatdown. 69% overall

That was really nice of Callis to finally getting around to giving Blanchard his Valentine's card.

Quote:
Segment 8:

Six man tag team action, Family vs. Nightmare Family. Fairly standard six man tag affair here, again with some decent enough brawling going on since guys like Eddie Kingston and Dustin Rhodes are never afraid to throw hands. Butcher and the Blade hit the Full Death on Cody but it is narrowly broken up by Dustin before the inevitable pier six brawl breaks out. Natural Nightmares take out The Butcher at ringside, Cody recovers in the ring and gets The Blade in position for the Cross Rhodes, staring down Eddie Kingston on the rampway. Cody picks up the win for the face team. **3/4, 69% overall
I'd have figured something like this would have gotten a higher rating.

Quote:
Segment 9:

Interview backstage with the Young Bucks. As Scott Keith's write up says, nothing fancy, just a solid interview. They talk about Jericho and MJF taking the night off while leaving their Inner Circle mates to fight their battles, and say they're always welcome to another shot at their belts after they get past Hangman and Hardy next week. 81% overall
*GASP* They said 'belts'!!! WITCHCRAFT!!!

Quote:
Segment 10:

In our main event of the evening, World champion Kenny Omega faces off against Jungle Boy. Don Callis joins commentary and says he's been given assurance that Jurassic Express are banned at ringside for this one, but also ignored having anything to do with the Spears/FTR beatdown despite visual evidence to the contrary.

Much as Wardlow/Mox was meant to get Wardlow over by letting him hang with a big name, that was true in this main event as well. These two definitely gelled and I could easily buy Jungle Boy getting a few convincing near-falls. FTR make their way out for the distraction, Spears chair shot in the ring, One Winged Angel, Kenny wins another match in classic heel fashion. ***1/4, 79% overall
More win in the main event segment. And just because Callis was there doesn't mean he had anything to do with it.

Quote:
Segment 11:

Callis and Blanchard shake hands again on the ramp before Blanchard's group leaves and Callis hands a mic to the champ. Kenny cuts an obnoxious promo, reminding everyone that he's the best wrestler in the world.

His promo is soon interrupted by PAC appearing on the video monitor, still selling his beatdown from earlier. If you'd rather fight in a group, so be it...I spoke to Tony Khan and he told me that you and I will both be in Blood and Guts! Kenny is not happy about this at all and yells at Callis to do something as we go off the air. 89% overall

77% show rating
I'm sure Callis will get around to handing out some more Valentine's.

Quote:
Dean Malenko informs me afterwards that Moxley and Wardlow didn't really click in their match.

Then Moxley tells me he didn't really click with Wardlow. I GET IT, GOD!!!!!!
But did you remember the cover sheets on your TPS reports?!?

Quote:
Eddie Kingston wants to be higher up the card, he's quietly moved all the way up to 84 overness having gained overness in most of his promo as well as his various brawls with Cody. Well shit, that does sound like Upper Midcard territory to me.
Ah, the dreaded 'move me up the card' emails. You can get away with ignoring them if they stay at one level below where they're supposed to be but if they have, like, 96 over and you still have them at midcarder they'll get really agitated.
Old 02-17-2021, 12:11 AM   #6
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Tonight's results are sponsored by Riho

AEW Dark: March 16, 2021:
-Big Swole def. Emi Sakura
-Team Taz (Ricky Starks and Powerhouse Hobbs) def. Bad Romance (Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss)
-Matt Sydal def. Brian Pillman Jr.
-Luchasaurus def. Jake Hager
-Colt Cabana def. Christopher Daniels

AEW Dynamite: March 17, 2021

Segment 1:

Over the weekend, it was announced that Rey Fenix, who is a member of Death Triangle with PAC and teamed with Jon Moxley in a Tables match at Revolution was selected to be a part of their team at War Games Blood and Guts. Tonight they faced off against Santana and Ortiz of the Inner Circle. These two teams really tore the house down to open the show.

Many probably expected this to be a showcase match for the face team, but experience ended up winning out as Mox found himself thrown out of the ring leaving Fenix prey for the Street Sweeper as Santana and Ortiz score one of their biggest wins in AEW! ****1/4, 88% overall

Segment 2:

After the match, an unlikely trio made down to the ring: Kenny Omega, Eddie Kingston, and Brian Cage. These three are all from different corners of AEW - Kenny is the World Champion with Impact talents (Don Callis and The Good Brothers) watching his back, Kingston leads The Family, and Brian Cage is the heavy hitter of Team Taz. But they're all putting their differences aside temporarily as they've been drafted into battle on the same team at Blood and Guts.

Santana and Ortiz are from yet another faction in The Inner Circle, but seeing how they just put down two guys from the face team, they want Santana and Ortiz to get the final two spots on the heel Blood and Guts team. Santana and Ortiz look at each other, smirk, then pull out a madball and start beating down their opponents with it! I suppose that's a painful way of saying yes. 85% overall

Segment 3:

A continuation of the Jurassic Express vs. FTR/Spears angle with Spears making his singles in-ring return against the diminutive Marko Stunt. Unfortunately, I feared these dudes would be sent out to die after that opener and that's exactly what happened, tough to balance out a card in EWR. Anyway, crowd was still fired up from the opener but with FTR and Jurassic Express getting in each others' business on the outside, Spears puts Marko down with the C4 (a running Death Valley Driver, which I imagine Marko would be able to sell like death). **1/2, 63% overall

Segment 4:

Chris Jericho and MJF are backstage. With tensions rising in the Inner Circle, MJF feels like Santana and Ortiz might be upstaging the group by going into the Blood and Guts match. So if they're gonna go big, so should they - he wants the Young Bucks again at Blood and Guts. Jericho, not wanting to be upstaged himself, takes it a step further - if the Inner Circle can't bring home the belts, they'll go their separate ways. GASP! 91% overall

Segment 5:

AEW Women's World Champion Awesome Kong is in action tonight, and another big size differential in this one going up against inaugural Women's champion Riho. I've seen Riho work really good size mismatches against Nyla Rose so I imagine this would be good in real life too, and it was a real solid match in game. Alas, Riho threw everything in her 5'1" frame at Kong but it was not enough as an Awesome Bomb folds her up like a lawn chair for the win.

Kong grabs a pair of scissors and seems content to humiliate Riho and take a memento...but CRACK! Shida's singapore cane connects and Kong goes down! Shida aids her friend and this business with Kong is still not over. **3/4, 73% overall

Segment 6:

Cody Rhodes backstage with Darby Allin. Darby and Cody had numerous wars with one another throughout AEW's 2 year history, and Darby's also fought and teamed with Moxley on many occasions. Darby is a guy Cody wants to go to war with, and now that Brian Cage is on the other team, that's all Darby needed to accept the gig. Darby Allin is in for Blood and Guts, and the two cut a promo on their current rivals (Kingston and Page). 80% overall...Cody has very high charisma but Darby's 72 charisma wore it down, ah well, I was running out of segments

Segment 7:

We have a rematch from Revolution with Orange Cassidy and Miro resuming their unfinished business. I imagine the match was certainly not PPV length, but the intensity was still there and they got through what they needed to and had a nearly identical rated match. Orange got fired up, looked like he'd rally and grab the win only for "Superbad" Kip Sabian to come out of nowhere and hold Orange's foot at ringside. The distraction was all that was needed to give Miro time to sneak up for a Sambo suplex and the win. ***, 82% overall

Segment 8:

The Young Bucks due battle against Matt Hardy and his reluctant partner, Hangman Adam Page. Between their overness and talent it seems damn near impossible for the Bucks to not have a 4 star match at this point...and it was no different here. Lot of high octane work with Page and the Bucks. Matt Hardy trying to cheat wherever possible.

Ref bump leads to Matt Hardy going out and getting a chair, but Page won't let Matt use it. They have a tug of war over the chair, which Hardy wins only to turn into a Superkick Party into the chair. The ref comes to and Matt Hardy is pinned. The Bucks win, Page just shakes his head.

Bucks can't celebrate for long as here comes Jericho and MJF to jump them as the two teams brawl out of the arena. ****1/4, 90% overall

Segment 9:

As Matt Hardy recovers from having a chair Superkicked into his face, he tries to regain his composure and address Page. He knows Hangman is trying to do the honorable thing, but getting on your high horse only gets you so far in this business. That is why he needs the guidance that the Matt Hardy brand can provide. He pulls out the contract again from last week and implores Hangman to sign.

Hangman looks conflicted, looks back and forth to the audience chanting "NO!" before ripping the contract up! Matt is beside himself! Private Party sneak into the ring and blindside Page. They hit him with the Gin and Juice! The Hardy Party have left Hangman laying. 90% overall

Segment 10:

The scheduled tag match main event pitting PAC and Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage and Ricky Starks of Team Taz took on even more meaning now that Darby is officially in for Blood and Guts. This was a step down from the last match, but thankfully not enough to be punished with the fans being burned out or anything.

Given that Starks is the only one of the four not in the Blood and Guts main event, I think we know who is eating the pin. Darby and Cage are off fighting at ringside while PAC pins Starks after the Black Arrow. ***, 77% overall

Segment 11:

Has it been made clear yet that I love a good belt shot? Such an easy way to add heat to an angle. Anyway that's what happens here with Kenny cutting PAC's celebration short, blasting him with the World Title.

Officially, that's all that was booked for this segment in EWR. But in imagination land, Darby and Cage spill back into the ring and eventually Mox/Fenix/Cody/Kingston/Santana/Ortiz all come out in various groups and we have both teams duking it out to put over the mayhem of Blood and Guts. 85% overall

82% show rating

Hell yeah.
Old 02-17-2021, 06:49 PM   #7
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Tonight's results are sponsored by Riho

Meh, I've seen better....

Quote:
AEW Dark: March 16, 2021:
-Big Swole def. Emi Sakura
-Team Taz (Ricky Starks and Powerhouse Hobbs) def. Bad Romance (Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss)
-Matt Sydal def. Brian Pillman Jr.
-Luchasaurus def. Jake Hager
-Colt Cabana def. Christopher Daniels
Gonna need some details as to why Bad Romance has that name. Did they both have Lady Gaga at some point in their lives?

Quote:
AEW Dynamite: March 17, 2021

Segment 1:

Over the weekend, it was announced that Rey Fenix, who is a member of Death Triangle with PAC and teamed with Jon Moxley in a Tables match at Revolution was selected to be a part of their team at War Games Blood and Guts. Tonight they faced off against Santana and Ortiz of the Inner Circle. These two teams really tore the house down to open the show.

Many probably expected this to be a showcase match for the face team, but experience ended up winning out as Mox found himself thrown out of the ring leaving Fenix prey for the Street Sweeper as Santana and Ortiz score one of their biggest wins in AEW! ****1/4, 88% overall
That's how you open a show! But really, is the Blood and Guts thing just War Games with a different paint job? How are they getting away with that? I mean Cody and Dustin are certainly heirs to whatever Dusty Rhodes ever created but doesn't the WWE essentially own everything?

Quote:
Segment 2:

After the match, an unlikely trio made down to the ring: Kenny Omega, Eddie Kingston, and Brian Cage. These three are all from different corners of AEW - Kenny is the World Champion with Impact talents (Don Callis and The Good Brothers) watching his back, Kingston leads The Family, and Brian Cage is the heavy hitter of Team Taz. But they're all putting their differences aside temporarily as they've been drafted into battle on the same team at Blood and Guts.

Santana and Ortiz are from yet another faction in The Inner Circle, but seeing how they just put down two guys from the face team, they want Santana and Ortiz to get the final two spots on the heel Blood and Guts team. Santana and Ortiz look at each other, smirk, then pull out a madball and start beating down their opponents with it! I suppose that's a painful way of saying yes. 85% overall
But whose side is Sting on?!?!? Oh, wait, I'm having a flashback...

Quote:
Segment 3:

A continuation of the Jurassic Express vs. FTR/Spears angle with Spears making his singles in-ring return against the diminutive Marko Stunt. Unfortunately, I feared these dudes would be sent out to die after that opener and that's exactly what happened, tough to balance out a card in EWR. Anyway, crowd was still fired up from the opener but with FTR and Jurassic Express getting in each others' business on the outside, Spears puts Marko down with the C4 (a running Death Valley Driver, which I imagine Marko would be able to sell like death). **1/2, 63% overall
Yeah, that moment when you book a hell of a match between competitors who are over as fuck immediately before some scrubs. The game will give the middle finger to stats in this regard and will only care about how over your guys are. So sticking a bunch of guys in their forties right after a bunch of guys in their mid-eighties to nineties is just asking for a let down. I try to keep anybody lower than seventy in the first few matches. Also, booking angles and interviews in between will not help mitigate the problem.

Quote:
Segment 4:

Chris Jericho and MJF are backstage. With tensions rising in the Inner Circle, MJF feels like Santana and Ortiz might be upstaging the group by going into the Blood and Guts match. So if they're gonna go big, so should they - he wants the Young Bucks again at Blood and Guts. Jericho, not wanting to be upstaged himself, takes it a step further - if the Inner Circle can't bring home the belts, they'll go their separate ways. GASP! 91% overall
I smell dramz!!!

Quote:
Segment 5:

AEW Women's World Champion Awesome Kong is in action tonight, and another big size differential in this one going up against inaugural Women's champion Riho. I've seen Riho work really good size mismatches against Nyla Rose so I imagine this would be good in real life too, and it was a real solid match in game. Alas, Riho threw everything in her 5'1" frame at Kong but it was not enough as an Awesome Bomb folds her up like a lawn chair for the win.

Kong grabs a pair of scissors and seems content to humiliate Riho and take a memento...but CRACK! Shida's singapore cane connects and Kong goes down! Shida aids her friend and this business with Kong is still not over. **3/4, 73% overall
Is that 'haircut-as-a-memento' thing real? I've always wanted to see something like that and I don't think it's ever been implemented. It totally fits Kong.

Quote:
Segment 6:

Cody Rhodes backstage with Darby Allin. Darby and Cody had numerous wars with one another throughout AEW's 2 year history, and Darby's also fought and teamed with Moxley on many occasions. Darby is a guy Cody wants to go to war with, and now that Brian Cage is on the other team, that's all Darby needed to accept the gig. Darby Allin is in for Blood and Guts, and the two cut a promo on their current rivals (Kingston and Page). 80% overall...Cody has very high charisma but Darby's 72 charisma wore it down, ah well, I was running out of segments
You're a braver man than I am. I never stick a person with less than 85 charisma in an interview segment unless accompanied by a manager. Like you put it, sort of, work with what you got.

Quote:
Segment 7:

We have a rematch from Revolution with Orange Cassidy and Miro resuming their unfinished business. I imagine the match was certainly not PPV length, but the intensity was still there and they got through what they needed to and had a nearly identical rated match. Orange got fired up, looked like he'd rally and grab the win only for "Superbad" Kip Sabian to come out of nowhere and hold Orange's foot at ringside. The distraction was all that was needed to give Miro time to sneak up for a Sambo suplex and the win. ***, 82% overall
These guys work pretty well together, I've noticed. Their stats have to be pretty boss, no?

Quote:
Segment 8:

The Young Bucks due battle against Matt Hardy and his reluctant partner, Hangman Adam Page. Between their overness and talent it seems damn near impossible for the Bucks to not have a 4 star match at this point...and it was no different here. Lot of high octane work with Page and the Bucks. Matt Hardy trying to cheat wherever possible.

Ref bump leads to Matt Hardy going out and getting a chair, but Page won't let Matt use it. They have a tug of war over the chair, which Hardy wins only to turn into a Superkick Party into the chair. The ref comes to and Matt Hardy is pinned. The Bucks win, Page just shakes his head.

Bucks can't celebrate for long as here comes Jericho and MJF to jump them as the two teams brawl out of the arena. ****1/4, 90% overall
Ugh, Page being a dumbass AGAIN! Matt just needed to sit down and take a breather for a bit.

Quote:
Segment 9:

As Matt Hardy recovers from having a chair Superkicked into his face, he tries to regain his composure and address Page. He knows Hangman is trying to do the honorable thing, but getting on your high horse only gets you so far in this business. That is why he needs the guidance that the Matt Hardy brand can provide. He pulls out the contract again from last week and implores Hangman to sign.

Hangman looks conflicted, looks back and forth to the audience chanting "NO!" before ripping the contract up! Matt is beside himself! Private Party sneak into the ring and blindside Page. They hit him with the Gin and Juice! The Hardy Party have left Hangman laying. 90% overall
No, no, I'm as shocked as you are. Being a dumbass only grants you so much mercy, Page.

Quote:
Segment 10:

The scheduled tag match main event pitting PAC and Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage and Ricky Starks of Team Taz took on even more meaning now that Darby is officially in for Blood and Guts. This was a step down from the last match, but thankfully not enough to be punished with the fans being burned out or anything.

Given that Starks is the only one of the four not in the Blood and Guts main event, I think we know who is eating the pin. Darby and Cage are off fighting at ringside while PAC pins Starks after the Black Arrow. ***, 77% overall
Solid, logical booking here. Black Arrow is a DC villain, right?

Quote:
Segment 11:

Has it been made clear yet that I love a good belt shot? Such an easy way to add heat to an angle. Anyway that's what happens here with Kenny cutting PAC's celebration short, blasting him with the World Title.

Officially, that's all that was booked for this segment in EWR. But in imagination land, Darby and Cage spill back into the ring and eventually Mox/Fenix/Cody/Kingston/Santana/Ortiz all come out in various groups and we have both teams duking it out to put over the mayhem of Blood and Guts. 85% overall
*GASP* You said 'belt' again!!! VINCE MCMAHON CURSES YOU!!!

I should probably think long and hard about trimming my roster down so that I'm focused on a select few people, kind of like what you're doing but I have such good talent that no one else deserves.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:53 PM   #8
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
Gonna need some details as to why Bad Romance has that name. Did they both have Lady Gaga at some point in their lives?
I think I could feature them on Dynamite more if I could pull that kind of celebrity cameo. That said the name is a result of Joey Janela's nickname (The Bad Boy) and Sonny Kiss' surname. They're a fun team that mostly wrestle on Dark. Janela's another guy that originally started as a deathmatch guy before making his way on the regular indies, Sonny Kiss is one of the few openly gender-fluid wrestlers in the business.

Quote:
That's how you open a show! But really, is the Blood and Guts thing just War Games with a different paint job? How are they getting away with that? I mean Cody and Dustin are certainly heirs to whatever Dusty Rhodes ever created but doesn't the WWE essentially own everything?
Although they didn't get to have Blood and Guts due to the pandemic, all signs were that it was essentially War Games. Not sure if it would've been a totally faithful interpretation or if there would've been rule modifications.

Vince might own the trademarks to a lot of the names but doing the same match styles is fair game. Nearly every promotion has done their own take on the Royal Rumble.

Quote:
Yeah, that moment when you book a hell of a match between competitors who are over as fuck immediately before some scrubs. The game will give the middle finger to stats in this regard and will only care about how over your guys are. So sticking a bunch of guys in their forties right after a bunch of guys in their mid-eighties to nineties is just asking for a let down. I try to keep anybody lower than seventy in the first few matches. Also, booking angles and interviews in between will not help mitigate the problem.
It's one of those things where when booking the show I knew it was possible/likely to happen but I'm also striving to book somewhat like the real AEW and they usually try to have high points to open and close the show. But ah well.

Quote:
Is that 'haircut-as-a-memento' thing real? I've always wanted to see something like that and I don't think it's ever been implemented. It totally fits Kong.
Yeah Kong was doing that during her original AEW run, the stable she was in with Brandi, Mel, and Luther was a bit of a flop and it abruptly ended when Kong had to go film GLOW, but I'd be down to see it return as a solo act.

Quote:
You're a braver man than I am. I never stick a person with less than 85 charisma in an interview segment unless accompanied by a manager. Like you put it, sort of, work with what you got.
Yeah, I usually don't either. I could've just booked it as "Cody invites Darby to join the face team" and been fine with it but booking it as a dual interview gave each guy a +1 in their ongoing feuds.

Quote:
These guys work pretty well together, I've noticed. Their stats have to be pretty boss, no?
The funny thing about it is they have good stats but their strengths are in opposite areas. It's obviously not been enough to generate any sort of notice that they don't click, the stats are good enough to pull 3 stars and they the crowd rating's gonna be there, both guys have probably gone up around 5-6 points in overness due to the feud.

Quote:
I should probably think long and hard about trimming my roster down so that I'm focused on a select few people, kind of like what you're doing but I have such good talent that no one else deserves.
In terms of in-ring I think AEW mixes up their usage a bit more than I have in game. Plenty of guys don't wrestle every Dynamite and sometimes it might be 3 weeks between matches, but the key players are always doing interviews and segments to keep their stories going. I try to replicate it as best I can.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:17 PM   #9
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Tonight's results are sponsored by Penelope Ford

AEW Dark: March 23, 2021:
-"Superbad" Kip Sabian and Penelope Ford def. Peter Avalon and Leva Bates
-Scorpio Sky def. Angelico
-Evil Uno and Stu Grayson def. Chaos Project
-Powerhouse Hobbs def. "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes
-Colt Cabana def. Frankie Kazarian

AEW Dynamite: March 24, 2021

Segment 1:

It's Orange Cassidy vs. Kip Sabian to kick us off, Sabian having returned last week and cost OC his match against Miro. The last time these two met, Sabian did not last very long. Tonight he had a much better account of himself. Miro's attempted interference goes awry, and Cassidy puts Kip away with the Superman Forearm. Miro and Kip but the boots to Cassidy after the bell, when the music of Best Friends hits! Chuck Taylor is back! Chuckie T runs out with a chair, backing Miro and Kip out of the ring for the save. ***, 75% overall

Segment 2:

Backstage, we see Jurassic Express backstage, getting ready for their 6-man tag match tonight. The lights are cut off in their dressing room, a loud commotion is heard, and when they come back, FTR and Shawn Spears are standing over them, chairs in hand. It's chair night in AEW, apparently. Tully Blanchard declares that since their opponents are apparently in no condition to compete, guess they can call it an early night. Tully and Co head for the parking garage. 66% overall

Segment 3:

Hikaru Shida is out for some singles action against her fellow countrywoman Emi Sakura. These two have competed each other many times across various Japanese promotions, and the chemistry is obvious as they had a solid match here. With a rematch for the Women's title on Saturday looming, Shida gets the Three Count for the win. ***1/4, 76% overall

Segment 4:

Shida can't celebrate for too long, as the music of Awesome Kong hits. Shida immediately gets her kendo stick at the ready. Kong emerges with a kendo stick of her own! Security tries to hold Kong back but she plows through them to the ring, members of the AEW women's roster try to break them up and get caned for their trouble. Pull apart brawl for the women, not something you see everyday. 77% overall

Segment 5:

Backstage, Kenny Omega and Don Callis have gathered Team Taz, The Family, and Santana and Ortiz into a conference room. This gathering of the groups is meant to put their differences aside ahead of tonight's main event and Saturday's Blood and Guts, but really it came across more like a town hall meeting with Omega and Callis putting Omega over. FEAR NOT, you are being led into battle by the best wrestler in the world! 97% overall (!)....I actually set the whole group up as a stable called "Heel Team" for this, muahaha

Segment 6:

Hangman Page in action against the ring veteran Christopher Daniels. Matt Hardy joined the commentary team, still incensed about Hangman ripping up the contract last week, but hinting he's got a better offer up his sleeve after this match. Page and Daniels have themselves a banger, Daniels can still go and it's nice to get whatever I can out of him before the game tries to send him into retirement land. Page wins with the Dead Eye. ****, 84% overall

Segment 7:

Matt Hardy sarcastically applauds Hangman's win. "You may have turned down my contract last week, but this week I have a new offer for you. I have in my hand a contract for a match this Saturday at Blood and Guts. You and me. Mano y mano. IF you beat me, I will so generously write you a check for 100% of my 1st quarter earnings. But WHEN I beat you, you have to sign with the Matt Hardy Brand for the next year. So what do you say, cowboy? You know what happened the last time you turn down my contract."

Hangman looks to the crowd, and gets a couple beers from ringside. "I look forward to making some money on Saturday, but this is the only way to close a deal". Hangman and Matt toast, Page hits the lariat mid-sip, beer flies everywhere. Hangman signs the contract and leaves it on the downed Matt. ***, 86% overall

Segment 8:

We see a video package highlighting the members of the other team at Blood and Guts (and yes, I made the face team their own stable in-game for this). Each man talks about the opportunity to make history in the first ever Blood and Guts match in history. Mox embracing the chance to get back to his violent roots, Cody wanting to honor his dad who fought in wars like this, everyone getting a chance to get their hands on their rivals, etc. 87% overall

Segment 9:

Chris Jericho and MJF get some last-minute work in ahead of Saturday's tag title opportunity as they face Evil Uno and Stu Grayson of Dark Order. Announcers remind everyone that Jericho threatened to disband Inner Circle if they don't win the titles on Saturday....is this the last time we're seeing the Inner Circle team on Dynamite?

Lots of hijinx outside the ring with fellow Inner Circle members Sammy Guevara, Jake Hager, and Wardlow cheap shotting Dark Order members Colt Cabana, Alex Reynolds, and John Silver. Grayson dives onto the whole pile to try to help his friends. Ref doesn't see Jericho poke Uno in the eyes. Uno loses his bearings, MJF drop toe holds him down and then locks in the Salt of the Earth armbar for the win. ***1/4, 81% overall

Segment 10:

Jericho and MJF obnoxiously celebrate like they just won the World Series while the Dark Order and Inner Circle are still fighting at ringside. They gesture that they'll have belts around their waists soon enough, but don't see the Young Bucks have slid into the ring. Superkicks in stereo and the champs hold their titles above them before sliding back out to avoid the Inner Circle. 81% overall

Segment 11:

TEN MAN TAG TEAM ACTION in our main event pitting Saturday's teams against each other in standard tag action, and it is of great consequence as this match will determine which team will receive the all-important entry advantage ahead of Blood and Guts.

Given this involves ten prominent names, everyone gets a chance to showcase and get some stuff in. There's a reason multi-man tags always devolve into a wild brawl though - because it's fun and it works! Bah gawd what's it gonna be like on Saturday when all of these men are locked in a cage together? Signature fest from everyone, Cody gets the Cross Rhodes on Ortiz but Eddie Kingston hucks him out of the ring. Rey Fenix launches off the ropes at Kingston but Kingston perfectly times it with a Backfist to the Future! Ouch.

The bad guys pick up the win and the advantage for Saturday. ***, 82% overall

81% show rating

Last edited by Evil Vito; 02-20-2021 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:24 AM   #10
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Tonight's results are sponsored by Penelope Ford

I mean, I suppose I can do the rest of this one-handed...

Quote:
AEW Dark: March 23, 2021:
-"Superbad" Kip Sabian and Penelope Ford def. Peter Avalon and Leva Bates
-Scorpio Sky def. Angelico
-Evil Uno and Stu Grayson def. Chaos Project
-Powerhouse Hobbs def. "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes
-Colt Cabana def. Frankie Kazarian
I imagine Peter Avalon was also trying to do his job one-handed and suffered because of it....

Quote:
AEW Dynamite: March 24, 2021

Segment 1:

It's Orange Cassidy vs. Kip Sabian to kick us off, Sabian having returned last week and cost OC his match against Miro. The last time these two met, Sabian did not last very long. Tonight he had a much better account of himself. Miro's attempted interference goes awry, and Cassidy puts Kip away with the Superman Forearm. Miro and Kip but the boots to Cassidy after the bell, when the music of Best Friends hits! Chuck Taylor is back! Chuckie T runs out with a chair, backing Miro and Kip out of the ring for the save. ***, 75% overall
The big threat facing Chuck Taylor is neither Miro or Sabian but the possible lawsuit from Ahmed Johnson over the rights to the letter T.

Quote:
Segment 2:

Backstage, we see Jurassic Express backstage, getting ready for their 6-man tag match tonight. The lights are cut off in their dressing room, a loud commotion is heard, and when they come back, FTR and Shawn Spears are standing over them, chairs in hand. It's chair night in AEW, apparently. Tully Blanchard declares that since their opponents are apparently in no condition to compete, guess they can call it an early night. Tully and Co head for the parking garage. 66% overall
Pffft, if only it were that easy in all of our jobs. Imagine the number of days I could have had off if I had just stuffed a bunch of students in a sack and rolled them down a hill.

Quote:
Segment 3:

Hikaru Shida is out for some singles action against her fellow countrywoman Emi Sakura. These two have competed each other many times across various Japanese promotions, and the chemistry is obvious as they had a solid match here. With a rematch for the Women's title on Saturday looming, Shida gets the Three Count for the win. ***1/4, 76% overall
Two Japanese people in the same segment and they're not automatically in the same stable and are actually wrestling instead of doing segments in broken English? You're making people's heads explode.

Quote:
Segment 4:

Shida can't celebrate for too long, as the music of Awesome Kong hits. Shida immediately gets her kendo stick at the ready. Kong emerges with a kendo stick of her own! Security tries to hold Kong back but she plows through them to the ring, members of the AEW women's roster try to break them up and get caned for their trouble. Pull apart brawl for the women, not something you see everyday. 77% overall
The only one that I can recall off the top of my head was Lita and Trish Stratus at Survivor Series 2004. I would imagine things being harder as far as holding back Kong goes.

Quote:
Segment 5:

Backstage, Kenny Omega and Don Callis have gathered Team Taz, The Family, and Santana and Ortiz into a conference room. This gathering of the groups is meant to put their differences aside ahead of tonight's main event and Saturday's Blood and Guts, but really it came across more like a town hall meeting with Omega and Callis putting Omega over. FEAR NOT, you are being led into battle by the best wrestler in the world! 97% overall (!)....I actually set the whole group up as a stable called "Heel Team" for this, muahaha
Meanwhile, back at the Legion of Doom....

Quote:
Segment 6:

Hangman Page in action against the ring veteran Christopher Daniels. Matt Hardy joined the commentary team, still incensed about Hangman ripping up the contract last week, but hinting he's got a better offer up his sleeve after this match. Page and Daniels have themselves a banger, Daniels can still go and it's nice to get whatever I can out of him before the game tries to send him into retirement land. Page wins with the Dead Eye. ****, 84% overall
I remember the game calling it quits for Daniels pretty early if I remember. There's really no rhyme or reason behind when it decides to just screw you over.

Quote:
Segment 7:

Matt Hardy sarcastically applauds Hangman's win. "You may have turned down my contract last week, but this week I have a new offer for you. I have in my hand a contract for a match this Saturday at Blood and Guts. You and me. Mano y mano. IF you beat me, I will so generously write you a check for 100% of my 1st quarter earnings. But WHEN I beat you, you have to sign with the Matt Hardy Brand for the next year. So what do you say, cowboy? You know what happened the last time you turn down my contract."

Hangman looks to the crowd, and gets a couple beers from ringside. "I look forward to making some money on Saturday, but this is the only way to close a deal". Hangman and Matt toast, Page hits the lariat mid-sip, beer flies everywhere. Hangman signs the contract and leaves it on the downed Matt. ***, 86% overall
This was gold. Of course, little does Page know that Hardy earns significantly less than what Page does and even then half of it goes to Reby Sky.

Quote:
Segment 8:

We see a video package highlighting the members of the other team at Blood and Guts (and yes, I made the face team their own stable in-game for this). Each man talks about the opportunity to make history in the first ever Blood and Guts match in history. Mox embracing the chance to get back to his violent roots, Cody wanting to honor his dad who fought in wars like this, everyone getting a chance to get their hands on their rivals, etc. 87% overall
Meanwhile, at the League of the Superfriends....

Quote:
Segment 9:

Chris Jericho and MJF get some last-minute work in ahead of Saturday's tag title opportunity as they face Evil Uno and Stu Grayson of Dark Order. Announcers remind everyone that Jericho threatened to disband Inner Circle if they don't win the titles on Saturday....is this the last time we're seeing the Inner Circle team on Dynamite?

Lots of hijinx outside the ring with fellow Inner Circle members Sammy Guevara, Jake Hager, and Wardlow cheap shotting Dark Order members Colt Cabana, Alex Reynolds, and John Silver. Grayson dives onto the whole pile to try to help his friends. Ref doesn't see Jericho poke Uno in the eyes. Uno loses his bearings, MJF drop toe holds him down and then locks in the Salt of the Earth armbar for the win. ***1/4, 81% overall

Segment 10:

Jericho and MJF obnoxiously celebrate like they just won the World Series while the Dark Order and Inner Circle are still fighting at ringside. They gesture that they'll have belts around their waists soon enough, but don't see the Young Bucks have slid into the ring. Superkicks in stereo and the champs hold their titles above them before sliding back out to avoid the Inner Circle. 81% overall
This has been quite the shows for heels wanting to celebrate prematurely between the two of us.

Quote:
Segment 11:

TEN MAN TAG TEAM ACTION in our main event pitting Saturday's teams against each other in standard tag action, and it is of great consequence as this match will determine which team will receive the all-important entry advantage ahead of Blood and Guts.

Given this involves ten prominent names, everyone gets a chance to showcase and get some stuff in. There's a reason multi-man tags always devolve into a wild brawl though - because it's fun and it works! Bah gawd what's it gonna be like on Saturday when all of these men are locked in a cage together? Signature fest from everyone, Cody gets the Cross Rhodes on Ortiz but Eddie Kingston hucks him out of the ring. Rey Fenix launches off the ropes at Kingston but Kingston perfectly times it with a Backfist to the Future! Ouch.

The bad guys pick up the win and the advantage for Saturday. ***, 82% overall

81% show rating
[/QUOTE]

*MARKS OUT FOR OVERCROWDED MAIN EVENT MULTI-PERSON ACTION* I'm just so proud...

Special thanks to Penelope for getting me through this....
Old 03-01-2021, 12:34 AM   #11
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

[QUOTE=Conspiracy Victim Vito;5428011]Tonight's results are sponsored by Brandi Rhodes, Penelope Ford, and Britt Baker's pool party

AEW Dark: March 30, 2021:
-Ricky Starks def. QT Marshall
-Scorpio Sky def. jack Evans
-Chuck Taylor def. Brian Pillman Jr.
-Awesome Kong def. Shanna
-The Young Bucks def. Bad Romance

AEW Dynamite: March 31, 2021

Segment 1:

We open up in a conference room for another town hall featuring the losing Blood and Guts team and their associated stables. Kenny Omega and Don Callis are trying to keep this huge group of baddies on the same page despite Blood and Guts being over and Kenny being the one to surrender. Don Callis tells the group that the record book does not tell the whole story. Kenny Omega, as the reigning AEW World champion and best wrestler in the world, has to protect his interests. He was making a savvy business decision and he'd expect anybody else in the room to do the same thing under those circumstances.

As Kenny and Callis continue to talk Omega up, the group slowly but surely start exiting the room, leaving the pair bragging in an empty conference room. And so ends the Legion of Doom. 87% overall

Segment 2:

It's the in ring return of the Galaxy's Greatest Alien Kris Statlander, fresh off of her surprise return on Saturday. She's facing the woman she faced last summer in the match she got injured - Penelope Ford. There's some commotion outside the ring between their seconds, so as to allow Orange Cassidy and Miro to continue their feud...but in-ring it's essentially a showcase for Statlander to get everyone re-acquainted with her. Big Bang Theory gets Kris the win. **1/2, 67% overall

Segment 3:

Taz is backstage with Brian Cage. Now that they got out of that bullshit Omega meeting, time for more pressing matters - Darby Allin, we're still not done here. You have unfinished business with The Machine and don't have Sting around to back you up this time. Your time as TNT champion is coming to an end. 74% overall...hmm, Darby and Cage are over, the feud is hot, Taz not at the same level of overness but he can talk unlike Cage or Darby, figured charisma would win out over overness but guess not, strange algorithms

Segment 4:

Fresh off of clinching a #1 contendership opportunity at Blood and Guts, Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian were in action against TH2. Mid-match, FTR and Shawn Spears walked out onto the stage and observed while Tully Blanchard stepped on commentary for a few minutes and called bullshit that AEW did a #1 contendership match pulling names out of a hat when his clients weren't eligible since they had another match that night. It's an injustice as everyone knows FTR are the best team in the division.

FTR played no part in the actual match though, which, by the way, was fucking awesome. Daniels and Kazarian can still go and Daniels continues to do things a man his age shouldn't be able to. Angel's Wings on Jack Evans ends it. ****1/4, 86% overall

Segment 5:

We're backstage for an interview with Cody Rhodes, still sporting a bandaged forehead having needed to get stitched up after getting busted wide open at Blood and Guts. If the injuries were a price to pay to honor the legacy of dad by being in the match he built, so be it. It was one of the proudest moments of his car......WHACK! Eddie Kingston has jumped Cody! Clubs his with rights and lefts and throws him face first into one of the big metal cargo boxes backstage.

Officials and the Natural Nightmares hit the room to back Kingston away while the cameras pan to Cody whose stitch job has been busted back open. 92% overall

Segment 6:

Adam Page, sporting a brand new Dark Order-themed t-shirt now available at ShopAEW.com, is in action against one of Matt Hardy's cohorts in the Hardy Party, Marq Quen. Matt Hardy on commentary gets grilled by the announcers for welching on his bet, and Hardy gets defensive.

Solid athletic contest from the two in the ring but there was only one outcome here - Hangman wins with the Buckshot Lariat that Quen does a full flip sell on for good measure. He gets the win. Hardy and Isisah Kassidy jump into the ring and corner Hangman but The Dark Order run out for the save again. ***, 76% overall

Segment 7:

Hangman gets some celebratory beers and also a microphone. "Matt, you know what you did on Saturday. A contract is only as good as the people signing it, so since you signed it, no wonder it was full of shit."

Matt gets defensive again, citing the fine print in the contract and calling Hangman's claims outrageous, egregious, and preposterous. Now that Hangman's offended him, it's time to make Dark Order pay. He challenges Hangman to pick one of his Dark Order dorks to face him next week. 87% overall

Segment 8:

It's *gasp* the second women's match of the evening! Dr. Britt Baker faces off against Riho. Announcers mention that neither Awesome Kong nor Hikaru Shida are here tonight after their brutal Kendo Stick match on Saturday, and that this match could go a long way toward determining who will be stepping up to Kong next. Baker and Riho have themselves a solid little match that sees Reba pull a turnbuckle off the middle rope which Baker uses to slingshot Riho into and then get a cheap rollup victory. ***, 74% overall

Segment 9:

Our final match of the evening. Despite being in a war just days ago, PAC and Jon Moxley refused a night off and insisted on being booked for action tonight, and they were paired off against Eddie Kingston's right hand men The Butcher and The Blade. The overness discrepancy between the teams meant it was a pretty short write up, but Mox and PAC are so over it didn't destroy the segment rating. I imagine this was a fairly brisk, chaotic brawl ending with Mox pinning Blade following the Paradigm Shift. ***1/4, 81% overall

Segment 10:

Mox and PAC each grab mics after the match. Both of them want Kenny Omega. Mox still never received a rematch for the AEW World Title, and PAC not only got screwed in his opportunity but he made Omega surrender like a bitch on Saturday, so he deserves another go at it to. If Kenny doesn't agree to give them the shots they deserve, he'll need to watch his back.

But perhaps Mox and PAC should've been watching their own backs as they were jumped by Kenny and "The Machine Gun" Karl Anderson. We haven't seen Karl since losing to Moxley in a tag team tables match at Revolution. The heels take advantage of the faces having lingering injuries Saturday and coming off of a physical match tonight, and the faces are left down and out. 86% overall

Segment 11:

"Judas" by Fozzy hits and out come the Inner Circle for what was promoted as their farewell address.

Jericho explains his reasoning for disbanding the group. The Inner Circle was founded on the very first episode and for much of AEW's history they've been the most dominating faction in the company. But things have slid over the past months. He saw the infighting and the dissension in the ranks. He saw the results not coming up the way they wanted to.

He threatened to break the group up two months ago, but relented and hoped he could find a way to make it work. When he made the ultimatum that it was more gold for the Inner Circle or bust, that was the final test he needed to see if the group could still thrive.

He's got a lot to say to everyone in this ring. To the original members of the group - Sammy, I picked you because you reminded me of me in my mid 20s, and I can see how bright your future will be. Jake, you and I have been down the road in other places before, I know you've dabbled with MMA but I brought you hear because I knew there was so much more you could give to the wrestling business. Santana and Ortiz, I think you're going to end up being the best team in this company, and I feel like shit that I let my own ego get in the way of giving you the tag title shot you deserved.

He then turns to MJF and his bodyguard Wardlow. "Max, this group all went to hell on November 7, 2020...the day I let you join the Inner Circle. We were doing fine with just the five of us, I should have my head examined for ever considering letting someone else in.

Don't get me wrong, you're a hell of a talent, and I mean no disrespect - but you're an asshole. You were an asshole when you joined, a bigger asshole since you've been here, and you'll probably become an even bigger asshole in the future. And you know what? I like that about you. Sometimes you have to rub people the wrong way to get in this business. But there's no way we can continue this group without you.

Look guys, I'm getting kinda schmaltzy on you all, but the point is this - we're all incredible talents. Staying together will just hold us back. I think I need to hit the road for a while and do some self-reflection, but I want you guys to start next week as a clean slate, and I know you'll make me proud. I've got some bubbly in the back for us to enjoy our last night together, but let's flip off the camera one last time for old time's sake."

The group all hug it out after the finger as Judas plays again. Santana and Ortiz are the first to exit the ring and start heading up the ramp. Then Jake Hager, then Sammy Guevara. Jericho waves to the crowd from the turnbuckle, hops down, turns around, WARDLOW LEVELS HIM WITH A LARIAT! MJF then walks over the Jericho and locks him in the Salt of the Earth.

The other four rush back down to the ring and back off Wardlow/MJF. It's a 4 on 2 staredown, until all of a sudden, all 6 of them start stomping a mudhole into Jericho! What in the world! Jericho eats a bunch of finishers and is left dead in the ring with the other 6 men giving him the middle finger as we go off the air. 97% overall

83% show rating
Old 03-01-2021, 04:00 AM   #12
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

[QUOTE=Conspiracy Victim Vito;5430155]
Quote:
Tonight's results are sponsored by Brandi Rhodes, Penelope Ford, and Britt Baker's pool party

I mean....I fucking hate you....That's another one-handed session we're looking at here.

Quote:
AEW Dark: March 30, 2021:
-Ricky Starks def. QT Marshall
-Scorpio Sky def. jack Evans
-Chuck Taylor def. Brian Pillman Jr.
-Awesome Kong def. Shanna
-The Young Bucks def. Bad Romance
Awesome Kong's continuing murders of bitches is only exacerbating the problem.

Quote:
AEW Dynamite: March 31, 2021

Segment 1:

We open up in a conference room for another town hall featuring the losing Blood and Guts team and their associated stables. Kenny Omega and Don Callis are trying to keep this huge group of baddies on the same page despite Blood and Guts being over and Kenny being the one to surrender. Don Callis tells the group that the record book does not tell the whole story. Kenny Omega, as the reigning AEW World champion and best wrestler in the world, has to protect his interests. He was making a savvy business decision and he'd expect anybody else in the room to do the same thing under those circumstances.

As Kenny and Callis continue to talk Omega up, the group slowly but surely start exiting the room, leaving the pair bragging in an empty conference room. And so ends the Legion of Doom. 87% overall
NOOO! Not the end of the Legion of Doom! Callis is such an awesome douche, though.

Quote:
Segment 2:

It's the in ring return of the Galaxy's Greatest Alien Kris Statlander, fresh off of her surprise return on Saturday. She's facing the woman she faced last summer in the match she got injured - Penelope Ford. There's some commotion outside the ring between their seconds, so as to allow Orange Cassidy and Miro to continue their feud...but in-ring it's essentially a showcase for Statlander to get everyone re-acquainted with her. Big Bang Theory gets Kris the win. **1/2, 67% overall
I mean, the Big Bang Theory. That's just such a fucking awesome name. There may be something to this Kris Statlander.

Quote:
Segment 3:

Taz is backstage with Brian Cage. Now that they got out of that bullshit Omega meeting, time for more pressing matters - Darby Allin, we're still not done here. You have unfinished business with The Machine and don't have Sting around to back you up this time. Your time as TNT champion is coming to an end. 74% overall...hmm, Darby and Cage are over, the feud is hot, Taz not at the same level of overness but he can talk unlike Cage or Darby, figured charisma would win out over overness but guess not, strange algorithms
Yeah, every so often the game doesn't seem to care about a person's charisma rating. I've had times where people in their nineties deliver a segment that only gets like 80% or so. Other factors might include their attributes like Superstar Look. Also TNT Champion is a nice little name.

Quote:
Segment 4:

Fresh off of clinching a #1 contendership opportunity at Blood and Guts, Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian were in action against TH2. Mid-match, FTR and Shawn Spears walked out onto the stage and observed while Tully Blanchard stepped on commentary for a few minutes and called bullshit that AEW did a #1 contendership match pulling names out of a hat when his clients weren't eligible since they had another match that night. It's an injustice as everyone knows FTR are the best team in the division.

FTR played no part in the actual match though, which, by the way, was fucking awesome. Daniels and Kazarian can still go and Daniels continues to do things a man his age shouldn't be able to. Angel's Wings on Jack Evans ends it. ****1/4, 86% overall
It's weird because I don't think the games in the beginning gave high stats to Kazarian. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Regardless, screw it. Use them for them snowflakes!

Quote:

Segment 5:

We're backstage for an interview with Cody Rhodes, still sporting a bandaged forehead having needed to get stitched up after getting busted wide open at Blood and Guts. If the injuries were a price to pay to honor the legacy of dad by being in the match he built, so be it. It was one of the proudest moments of his car......WHACK! Eddie Kingston has jumped Cody! Clubs his with rights and lefts and throws him face first into one of the big metal cargo boxes backstage.

Officials and the Natural Nightmares hit the room to back Kingston away while the cameras pan to Cody whose stitch job has been busted back open. 92% overall
FIRST BLOOD MATCH!!!

Quote:
Segment 6:

Adam Page, sporting a brand new Dark Order-themed t-shirt now available at ShopAEW.com, is in action against one of Matt Hardy's cohorts in the Hardy Party, Marq Quen. Matt Hardy on commentary gets grilled by the announcers for welching on his bet, and Hardy gets defensive.

Solid athletic contest from the two in the ring but there was only one outcome here - Hangman wins with the Buckshot Lariat that Quen does a full flip sell on for good measure. He gets the win. Hardy and Isisah Kassidy jump into the ring and corner Hangman but The Dark Order run out for the save again. ***, 76% overall
BAH GAWD! ADAM PAGE PULLED A MICK FOLEY WITH A CHEAP PLUG!!! DOES HE HAVE NO SHAME? DOES HE HAVE NO DECENCY??!?

Quote:

Segment 7:

Hangman gets some celebratory beers and also a microphone. "Matt, you know what you did on Saturday. A contract is only as good as the people signing it, so since you signed it, no wonder it was full of shit."

Matt gets defensive again, citing the fine print in the contract and calling Hangman's claims outrageous, egregious, and preposterous. Now that Hangman's offended him, it's time to make Dark Order pay. He challenges Hangman to pick one of his Dark Order dorks to face him next week. 87% overall
Good ol' fashioned stable wars. I love it.

Quote:
Segment 8:

It's *gasp* the second women's match of the evening! Dr. Britt Baker faces off against Riho. Announcers mention that neither Awesome Kong nor Hikaru Shida are here tonight after their brutal Kendo Stick match on Saturday, and that this match could go a long way toward determining who will be stepping up to Kong next. Baker and Riho have themselves a solid little match that sees Reba pull a turnbuckle off the middle rope which Baker uses to slingshot Riho into and then get a cheap rollup victory. ***, 74% overall
I mean, is the chance of being the next bitch Kong murders really worth fighting over?

Quote:
Segment 9:

Our final match of the evening. Despite being in a war just days ago, PAC and Jon Moxley refused a night off and insisted on being booked for action tonight, and they were paired off against Eddie Kingston's right hand men The Butcher and The Blade. The overness discrepancy between the teams meant it was a pretty short write up, but Mox and PAC are so over it didn't destroy the segment rating. I imagine this was a fairly brisk, chaotic brawl ending with Mox pinning Blade following the Paradigm Shift. ***1/4, 81% overall

Segment 10:

Mox and PAC each grab mics after the match. Both of them want Kenny Omega. Mox still never received a rematch for the AEW World Title, and PAC not only got screwed in his opportunity but he made Omega surrender like a bitch on Saturday, so he deserves another go at it to. If Kenny doesn't agree to give them the shots they deserve, he'll need to watch his back.

But perhaps Mox and PAC should've been watching their own backs as they were jumped by Kenny and "The Machine Gun" Karl Anderson. We haven't seen Karl since losing to Moxley in a tag team tables match at Revolution. The heels take advantage of the faces having lingering injuries Saturday and coming off of a physical match tonight, and the faces are left down and out. 86% overall
You busting out a fatal four-way, too?

Quote:
Segment 11:

"Judas" by Fozzy hits and out come the Inner Circle for what was promoted as their farewell address.

Jericho explains his reasoning for disbanding the group. The Inner Circle was founded on the very first episode and for much of AEW's history they've been the most dominating faction in the company. But things have slid over the past months. He saw the infighting and the dissension in the ranks. He saw the results not coming up the way they wanted to.

He threatened to break the group up two months ago, but relented and hoped he could find a way to make it work. When he made the ultimatum that it was more gold for the Inner Circle or bust, that was the final test he needed to see if the group could still thrive.

He's got a lot to say to everyone in this ring. To the original members of the group - Sammy, I picked you because you reminded me of me in my mid 20s, and I can see how bright your future will be. Jake, you and I have been down the road in other places before, I know you've dabbled with MMA but I brought you hear because I knew there was so much more you could give to the wrestling business. Santana and Ortiz, I think you're going to end up being the best team in this company, and I feel like shit that I let my own ego get in the way of giving you the tag title shot you deserved.

He then turns to MJF and his bodyguard Wardlow. "Max, this group all went to hell on November 7, 2020...the day I let you join the Inner Circle. We were doing fine with just the five of us, I should have my head examined for ever considering letting someone else in.

Don't get me wrong, you're a hell of a talent, and I mean no disrespect - but you're an asshole. You were an asshole when you joined, a bigger asshole since you've been here, and you'll probably become an even bigger asshole in the future. And you know what? I like that about you. Sometimes you have to rub people the wrong way to get in this business. But there's no way we can continue this group without you.

Look guys, I'm getting kinda schmaltzy on you all, but the point is this - we're all incredible talents. Staying together will just hold us back. I think I need to hit the road for a while and do some self-reflection, but I want you guys to start next week as a clean slate, and I know you'll make me proud. I've got some bubbly in the back for us to enjoy our last night together, but let's flip off the camera one last time for old time's sake."

The group all hug it out after the finger as Judas plays again. Santana and Ortiz are the first to exit the ring and start heading up the ramp. Then Jake Hager, then Sammy Guevara. Jericho waves to the crowd from the turnbuckle, hops down, turns around, WARDLOW LEVELS HIM WITH A LARIAT! MJF then walks over the Jericho and locks him in the Salt of the Earth.

The other four rush back down to the ring and back off Wardlow/MJF. It's a 4 on 2 staredown, until all of a sudden, all 6 of them start stomping a mudhole into Jericho! What in the world! Jericho eats a bunch of finishers and is left dead in the ring with the other 6 men giving him the middle finger as we go off the air. 97% overall

83% show rating
LOL @ the swerve. Is this a face turn for Jericho, though?
Old 03-07-2021, 01:27 AM   #13
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Ivelisse apparently couldn't handle being on job duty for the Blood and Guts pre-show, and she has checked herself into rehab for a drinking problem.

So in her honor, tonight's results are sponsored by Ivelisse:

AEW Dark: April 6, 2021:
-Colt Cabana def. Michael Nakazawa
-Shawn Spears def. Brian Pillman Jr.
-Thunder Rosa, Big Swole, and Yuka Sakazaki def. Emi Sakura, Mel, and Diamante
-Jurassic Express def. Chaos Project
-Brian Cage def. Matt Sydal

AEW Dynamite: April 7, 2021

Segment 1:

We start the show seeing AEW TNT champion Darby Allin arriving to the ring, naturally by riding in on a skateboard. He's greeted in the parking lot by Taz, who starts talking trash. If Darby was the champion he thought he was, he'll put the TNT Title on the line against "The Machine" Brian Cage TONIGHT!

Darby agrees without hesitation but then gets jumped from behind by Cage, it was a trap! 75% overall

Segment 2:

Last week, Matt Hardy challenged any member of the Dark Order. The challenge has been answered by John Silver who had himself a nice showing as I try to showcase him a bit more. He gave Big Money Matt probably a bigger run for his money than he thought, enough so that Matt had to resort to a cheap victory via tight hook. Afterwards, Matt beats down Silver before Hangman Page and the rest of Dark Order runs in to save their friend as Matt hurries on out of there. ***, 77% overall

Segment 3:

Miro is not here tonight, but he cuts a promo from home. He's The Best Man, good looking, charismatic, dangerous in the ring, makes good money, and has a hot wife. So why is his life being made hell by a group of clowns like the Best Friends, especially that slacker Orange Cassidy? This shit can't go on much longer, the two of us will have to settle our differences once and for all real soon. 88% overall

Segment 4:

Women's World champion Awesome Kong is in action tonight against Serena Deeb. Suppose that's one extra punishment to add on to her suspension last month. Kong vanquishes her as you'd expect and collects a lock of her hair...strangely not even the first time she's had a haircut in the ring.

While she cuts Serena's hair, Dr. Britt Baker slides in for a cheap shot but Kong no-sells it and just shoots a death glare at Baker who falls on the mat in terror and rolls out of there quickly. ***, 75% overall

Segment 5:

Tag action next with the Young Bucks up against TheHybrid2 as I continue to give TH2 plenty of chances to build some overness up purely through in-ring performance. Bucks matches are the closest thing to an M-A-G level lock in terms of high match ratings, these teams killed it.

FTR, who feel they should get to jump the line ahead of Daniels and Kazarian, watch the match from the ramp again as Tully complains on commentary. FTR eventually hit the ring and try to provide a distraction but it backfires with Angelico getting a Superkick Party for his troubles.

FTR hop in and it turns into a 4 on 2 beatdown on the Bucks before Daniels and Kazarian rush in for the save. ****1/2, 91% overall

Segment 6:

The Inner Circle are out to big boos. MJF does the bulk of the mic work as he says he was selected by his peers to explain their actions from last week. Don't let any of Chris Jericho's corny, sentimental bullshit from last week fool you. He only ever created the group to achieve his own means, he was the inaugural AEW World Champion and immediately surrounded himself with promising young talent because he wanted to cling to his spot like grim death.

This group was really all about one man and one man only, and that's Chris Jericho. The group started going through a rough patch, and Jericho was too selfish and stupid to see what the problem really was: him! And that's why we heaved his fat ass out of the Inner Circle.

This will be a new Inner Circle. There is no leader, there are no ulterior motives - we are 6 hungry young men ready to step out of the spotlight of that bloated egomaniac, and we will weed out any and all has-beens in order to pave way for the future. 91% overall

Segment 7:

Next up is Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Fenix - these two men were partners a week and a half ago at Blood and Guts, and they requested a match with one another out of mutual respect. The crowd was into this match but they didn't gel as well as I'd hoped. The bandaged up Cody picks up the win after a competitive match, and the two shake hands.

Of course, here comes Eddie Kingston eager to do even more damage to Cody, the beatdown starts but Fenix hops back in to send Eddie at bay. ***, 83% overall

Segment 8:

Cody gets a mic - he's had just about enough of this. Eddie - you left me a bloody mess last week, I had to get stiches because of you, but as you can see from tonight, nothing will keep me from getting in this ring and doing what I love to do. My wounds will be healed by next week, so if you wanna take your shot one more time, here's your chance. You and me next week - first blood match! Eddie Kingston nods a sick grin of approval. 87% overall

Segment 9:

It's Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage for the TNT Title...and here's where I can laugh at the write ups again because the show is playing out very differently in my mind than it is in text. In my brain, this was yet another Team Taz set-up. A quick match where they hurl haymakers at each other for a few minutes before Powerhouse Hobbs quickly runs in for the DQ as it turns out they care more about crippling Darby than even winning the title at this point. Instead the game writes it as a 97% match quality classic

In any event, as the two big guys Cage and Hobbs are putting a hurting on Darby - lights go out - they come back in. IT'S STING! Sting is back for the first time in a month, he vowed he'd be there for Darby if he was needed again and here he is! ****1/2, 92% overall

Segment 10:

As we come back from the break, Team Taz had left the arena and Darby Allin is getting medical attention. As Sting leaves the doctor's office, he's suddenly jumped in a hail of punches and kicks. The cameras pan up to show Inner Circle standing over him! 86% overall

Segment 11:

Following last week's sneak attack, PAC and Jon Moxley requested and received a tag team match against Kenny Omega and the recently returned "Machine Gun" Karl Anderson. By the end of the match, Kenny and PAC are the legal men while Mox and Anderson brawl on the outside. Mox sent into the steel steps. PAC meanwhile has Kenny down and ready for the Black Arrow, but Anderson smacks him off the top rope with a chair.

It's a rare night of back to back DQs which rarely if ever happens in AEW, but I've gotta build these feuds up dammit! Looks like Anderson will be sticking around to protect Omega from the two men gunning for his belt. ***1/2, 85% overall

84% show rating

Notes:

-I have, in fact, signed Karl Anderson to a written deal.

-I tried to convert Thunder Rosa from an open deal to a written deal but she's happy being a freelancer.

-Cody says he and Fenix don't click and requests to work with Colt Cabana. Not sure I have a storyline to get to that point but I've thrown Cody against fellow faces before so I could arrange this.

-ROH started a new show on the Comet network on Wednesday night prime time, directly competing with me. I completely trounced them on their debut episode.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:38 AM   #14
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Ivelisse apparently couldn't handle being on job duty for the Blood and Guts pre-show, and she has checked herself into rehab for a drinking problem.

So in her honor, tonight's results are sponsored by Ivelisse:

That ass though....

The only Ivelisse I'm familiar with in regards to wrestling is that one from Tough Enough way back when. That can't be the same one, right?

Quote:
AEW Dark: April 6, 2021:
-Colt Cabana def. Michael Nakazawa
-Shawn Spears def. Brian Pillman Jr.
-Thunder Rosa, Big Swole, and Yuka Sakazaki def. Emi Sakura, Mel, and Diamante
-Jurassic Express def. Chaos Project
-Brian Cage def. Matt Sydal
If it were me I'd do an angle where Brian Pillman, Jr. convinces Dakota to turn on her dad and uncle and join her as his half-sibling as he vows to finish what his dad started. Although I can see how SOME PEOPLE would view that in bad taste.

Quote:
AEW Dynamite: April 7, 2021

Segment 1:

We start the show seeing AEW TNT champion Darby Allin arriving to the ring, naturally by riding in on a skateboard. He's greeted in the parking lot by Taz, who starts talking trash. If Darby was the champion he thought he was, he'll put the TNT Title on the line against "The Machine" Brian Cage TONIGHT!

Darby agrees without hesitation but then gets jumped from behind by Cage, it was a trap! 75% overall
God damn it, Admiral Ackbar, you have ONE JOB!!!

Quote:
Segment 2:

Last week, Matt Hardy challenged any member of the Dark Order. The challenge has been answered by John Silver who had himself a nice showing as I try to showcase him a bit more. He gave Big Money Matt probably a bigger run for his money than he thought, enough so that Matt had to resort to a cheap victory via tight hook. Afterwards, Matt beats down Silver before Hangman Page and the rest of Dark Order runs in to save their friend as Matt hurries on out of there. ***, 77% overall
I'm impressed that Matt can still bring the goods all things considered. I can only assume things got better for him in the last 5 or so years?

Quote:
Segment 3:

Miro is not here tonight, but he cuts a promo from home. He's The Best Man, good looking, charismatic, dangerous in the ring, makes good money, and has a hot wife. So why is his life being made hell by a group of clowns like the Best Friends, especially that slacker Orange Cassidy? This shit can't go on much longer, the two of us will have to settle our differences once and for all real soon. 88% overall
Pfft, I'LL be judge of whether or not his wife is hot.

Quote:
Segment 4:

Women's World champion Awesome Kong is in action tonight against Serena Deeb. Suppose that's one extra punishment to add on to her suspension last month. Kong vanquishes her as you'd expect and collects a lock of her hair...strangely not even the first time she's had a haircut in the ring.

While she cuts Serena's hair, Dr. Britt Baker slides in for a cheap shot but Kong no-sells it and just shoots a death glare at Baker who falls on the mat in terror and rolls out of there quickly. ***, 75% overall
LOL @ Baker watching her life flash before her eyes.

Quote:
Segment 5:

Tag action next with the Young Bucks up against TheHybrid2 as I continue to give TH2 plenty of chances to build some overness up purely through in-ring performance. Bucks matches are the closest thing to an M-A-G level lock in terms of high match ratings, these teams killed it.

FTR, who feel they should get to jump the line ahead of Daniels and Kazarian, watch the match from the ramp again as Tully complains on commentary. FTR eventually hit the ring and try to provide a distraction but it backfires with Angelico getting a Superkick Party for his troubles.

FTR hop in and it turns into a 4 on 2 beatdown on the Bucks before Daniels and Kazarian rush in for the save. ****1/2, 91% overall
Kazarian & Daniels vs. The Young Bucks alone should bring in a healthy snowflake rating if that's where you're going with them and it'd be one hell of a sendoff for Daniels.

Quote:
Segment 6:

The Inner Circle are out to big boos. MJF does the bulk of the mic work as he says he was selected by his peers to explain their actions from last week. Don't let any of Chris Jericho's corny, sentimental bullshit from last week fool you. He only ever created the group to achieve his own means, he was the inaugural AEW World Champion and immediately surrounded himself with promising young talent because he wanted to cling to his spot like grim death.

This group was really all about one man and one man only, and that's Chris Jericho. The group started going through a rough patch, and Jericho was too selfish and stupid to see what the problem really was: him! And that's why we heaved his fat ass out of the Inner Circle.

This will be a new Inner Circle. There is no leader, there are no ulterior motives - we are 6 hungry young men ready to step out of the spotlight of that bloated egomaniac, and we will weed out any and all has-beens in order to pave way for the future. 91% overall
Love it. The missing cherry would have been Jericho being called a 'skinny' fat ass but I suppose that probably wouldn't actually apply.

Quote:
Segment 7:

Next up is Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Fenix - these two men were partners a week and a half ago at Blood and Guts, and they requested a match with one another out of mutual respect. The crowd was into this match but they didn't gel as well as I'd hoped. The bandaged up Cody picks up the win after a competitive match, and the two shake hands.

Of course, here comes Eddie Kingston eager to do even more damage to Cody, the beatdown starts but Fenix hops back in to send Eddie at bay. ***, 83% overall
Hey, with 3 stars that's gelling well enough to get you over the bar. If no one's complaining it shouldn't deter you.

Quote:
Segment 8:

Cody gets a mic - he's had just about enough of this. Eddie - you left me a bloody mess last week, I had to get stiches because of you, but as you can see from tonight, nothing will keep me from getting in this ring and doing what I love to do. My wounds will be healed by next week, so if you wanna take your shot one more time, here's your chance. You and me next week - first blood match! Eddie Kingston nods a sick grin of approval. 87% overall
***SQUEAL!!!***

Wait, was that plan all along or did you go by what I said the last time around?

Quote:
Segment 9:

It's Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage for the TNT Title...and here's where I can laugh at the write ups again because the show is playing out very differently in my mind than it is in text. In my brain, this was yet another Team Taz set-up. A quick match where they hurl haymakers at each other for a few minutes before Powerhouse Hobbs quickly runs in for the DQ as it turns out they care more about crippling Darby than even winning the title at this point. Instead the game writes it as a 97% match quality classic

In any event, as the two big guys Cage and Hobbs are putting a hurting on Darby - lights go out - they come back in. IT'S STING! Sting is back for the first time in a month, he vowed he'd be there for Darby if he was needed again and here he is! ****1/2, 92% overall
Hey, take it if you can get it. Sadly, I guess we're seeing the beginning of the end for Sting.

Quote:
Segment 10:

As we come back from the break, Team Taz had left the arena and Darby Allin is getting medical attention. As Sting leaves the doctor's office, he's suddenly jumped in a hail of punches and kicks. The cameras pan up to show Inner Circle standing over him! 86% overall
I'm pretty sure Sting said something about MJF's mother, it just wasn't picked up on the audio.

Quote:
Segment 11:

Following last week's sneak attack, PAC and Jon Moxley requested and received a tag team match against Kenny Omega and the recently returned "Machine Gun" Karl Anderson. By the end of the match, Kenny and PAC are the legal men while Mox and Anderson brawl on the outside. Mox sent into the steel steps. PAC meanwhile has Kenny down and ready for the Black Arrow, but Anderson smacks him off the top rope with a chair.

It's a rare night of back to back DQs which rarely if ever happens in AEW, but I've gotta build these feuds up dammit! Looks like Anderson will be sticking around to protect Omega from the two men gunning for his belt. ***1/2, 85% overall

84% show rating
I remember in my first ever game I had made a vow to never do DQs because I always thought it was lame but sometimes you get yourself into a corner and it's like, well, they're there for a reason.
Quote:
Notes:

-I have, in fact, signed Karl Anderson to a written deal.

-I tried to convert Thunder Rosa from an open deal to a written deal but she's happy being a freelancer.

-Cody says he and Fenix don't click and requests to work with Colt Cabana. Not sure I have a storyline to get to that point but I've thrown Cody against fellow faces before so I could arrange this.

-ROH started a new show on the Comet network on Wednesday night prime time, directly competing with me. I completely trounced them on their debut episode.
LOL, middle fingers to the competition. I honestly can't recall the last time another promotion had a network show in my universe. Thunder Rosa better get with the program. There's only so much she can get with a cute smile and an ass that won't quit. Well, she can get a lot but still.
Old 03-10-2021, 12:12 AM   #15
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Tonight's results are sponsored by Allie:

AEW Dark: April 13, 2021:
-Luchasaurus def. Billy
-FTR def. Matt Sydal and Brian Pillman Jr.
-Kris Statlander def. Leva Bates
-Orange Cassidy def. Serpentico
-MJF def. Dustin Rhodes

AEW Dynamite: April 14, 2021

Segment 1:

10-man tag pandemonium to kick us off as the Inner Circle (Sammy Guevara, Jake Hager, Wardlow, Santana and Ortiz) take on a face team of Jurassic Express and Bad Romance. It's not a squash as the face team aren't exactly slouches, but the focus of the match is to show the Inner Circle being a cohesive unit and putting together a nice win in the process. Marko Stunt takes a Street Sweeper and sells it like hell in the loss. ***, 74% overall

Segment 2:

MJF gets on the mic and talks up the Inner Circle's big win. He then moves to address they're actions from last week. Sting, I know you're probably watching me from your retirement home, but you're exactly who we were talking about when we pledged to rid AEW of its has-beens. We were actually going to do the noble thing and challenge you to a match at Crossroads, but when we saw your geriatric ass up close and personal we decided to just take you out of your misery then and there. Trust us, we did you a big favor.

The lights go out, thunder claps, the lights flash and the lights pan up to reveal Sting in the rafters, bat in hand. He points it at the Inner Circle and they're irate that Sting is still standing. 86% overall

Segment 3:

Former women's champion Hikaru Shida is back in action against Allie who is making a rare in-ring appearance. She's actually a fairly decent wrestler, in real-life she's almost exclusively a manager at this point and I can only surmise she either picked up an injury somewhere or it's a personal choice. But be that as it may, Shida's trying to get herself back into winning ways.

Dr. Britt Baker joins commentary and accuses Shida of trying to jump the line, she lost the title, she needs to go to the back. Eventually she tries to run interference and it backfires, Shida gets the win. Britt runs in and clocks Shida only for Awesome Kong to emerge from the back. The heels run off, Kong is a heel herself but ran in to save Shida because she detests Britt just as much. ***, 78% overall

Segment 4:

Intergender (and interspecies?) trios match with Miro, Kip Sabian, and Penelope Ford facing Orange Cassidy, Chuck Taylor, and "The Galaxy's Greatest Alien" Kris Statlander. During this match it gets announced that Miro vs. Orange Cassidy in a steel cage match was signed for Crossroads, to settle their differences one on one once and for all.

Orange is a chill guy. Miro, not so much. He had no chill whatsoever in this match. The men were brawling on the outside, Kris was setting up Penelope for her finisher in the ring, Miro find an opening and Sambo kicks Kris right in the jaw to enormous heat drawing huge reprimand from JR on commentary. Penelope covers and heels get the win. **3/4, 73% overall

Segment 5:

Kenny Omega is backstage with Karl Anderson and Don Callis. Callis rags about Tony Khan being a terrible boss with no clue on how to run a business, because he's booked the World champion and best wrestler in the world in an unfair triple threat title defense against Moxley and PAC at Crossroads.

You think this is gonna be just a talking segment? Think again. Moxley and PAC both enter from other sides of the room and start taking it to Omega and Anderson. Furniture is thrown and amidst the fracas Callis manages to pull Kenny out and they both take off, leaving poor Karl to take most of the beating. Mox and PAC eventually have a tense staredown as their recent alliance is going to have to come to an end at Crossroads. 88% overall and Karl Anderson once again gains overness from being in a segment as 3 of the most over workers on the roster

Segment 6:

Singles action between Frankie Kazarian and Dax Harwood of FTR. A nice little old school bout between the two veterans with a good mix of brawling and technical. Cash eventually blindsides Daniels on the outside, which throws Kazarian off his game and leaves him prey to a cheap rollup with a tight hook from Dax for the win.

Daniels eventually recovers and hops in to run off FTR. Tully Blanchard says FTR are the best tag team in the world and if you can't even beat them separately, how can you beat them together? If SCU had any stones, they'd put their #1 contendership on the line next week. SCU nod and the match is set for next week. Yeah I just combined a challenge segment into this in my brain because I only had 11 to work with. ***1/4, 81% overall

Segment 7:

Young Bucks promo. They're asked if they have a preference over who they'll face at Crossroads and like every promo ever, they confirm that no, they'll be ready no matter who it is. Just a promo really, had to toss the Bucks on here because main event level guys lose morale if I don't use them within 3 shows and they don't often work Dark. Miiiiight need to go back to using my hack of turning the main event guys into managers so they won't get as fussy about working constantly. 89% overall

Segment 8:

Tag match up next with Hangman Page teaming with Colt Cabana against Private Party, accompanied by Big Money Matt Hardy. Quite a good match, Private Party still aren't quite over enough to generate big overall ratings but it was a 90% quality bout so let the snowflakes keep on coming. Hangman is on the apron, setting up for the Buckshot Lariat but Matt eventually pulls him off the apron and starts wailing on him, forcing a DQ.

As is normally the case in the numbers game now, the Hardy Party have to flee when Dark Order show up but Page isn't satisfied with that. He takes a mic "Matt, I'm sick of us having to dance this dance every week. You and I have to settle this once and for all. Double or Nothing isn't until next month, but I can't wait until then. Crossroads, you and me, double or nothing for our first 6 months of earnings. Whatever fine print bullshit you want to put in the contract, it doesn't matter anymore, it's worth the money just to kick your ass all around the bulding." ***1/2, 81% overall

Segment 9:

AEW obtained some disturbing footage of Darby Allin being jumped by Team Taz outside of his home in Seattle earlier this week, apparently they've now resorted to attacking him far away from the arena to avoid anyone else from coming to help him. Taz tells Darby the beatings won't stop until he gives Brian Cage the TNT Title shot he deserves.

Segment 10:

Our main event of the evening sees Cody Rhodes and Eddie Kingston blow off their feud in a First Blood match. Cody's bled plenty the past couple of weeks, and the psychology of the match is that his freshly healed stitched up forehead is a prime target. Eddie gets some brass knuckles, loads up and looks ready to deliver the final blow....spinning backfirst but WAIT! He didn't see Cody had a pipe in his hand. Cody blocks the backfist with the pipe, Eddie screams in pain after hitting a lead pipe with the brass knucks, Cody then hits a clean pipe shot to the help and Kingston is busted wide the fuck open! ***1/4, 88% overall

Segment 11:

Cody celebrates his win and starts heading up the ramp as Kingston slowly comes to in the ring. Cody has a microphone "Eddie, you're a tough bastard, and have given me all I could handle these past couple of months.

You may have been busted open tonight, but TRUST ME, it's about to get a lot worse for you. But the pain won't last forever...because everybody dies.

Well worth clicking that link, that theme fucking rules so hard. It's "The Murderhawk Monster" Lance Archer with his manager Jake "The Snake" Roberts! Eddie Kingston and his Family put them on the shelf months ago, and now it's time to pay. Archer hits the ring and plants the bloody Kingston with a boot as Dynamite goes off the air. 81% overall rating

81% show rating

---

Notes:

-Matt Jackson wants to work with Matt Hardy.

-PAC requests to work with Kenny Omega. Are you even paying attention to the show you're on???

-I kill ROH again, don't see that changing anytime soon.

-Crossroads is 10 days away. Well that crept up fast, if it sounds like I'm throwing the card together haphazardly it's because I kinda am. I'm so not used to trying to book a big monthly show after two years of watching AEW with their 4 PPVs a year.