TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > entertainment forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2024, 08:24 AM   #40
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Riveting is the right word and i thought the finale was deftly handled

SPOILER: show
Going into it i didnt have any clue how you could wrap a show like this up. Life doesnt exactly tie a neat bow around itself but based on a true story does imply its fiction so perhaps they could pull it off. And i think they did.

When he's at the bar and we're given the baby reindeer backstory that sceen, without donnie speaking, play almost like "i understand and i forgive you." They really give her her due in that moment. Then the bartender offers him a drink and the moments that started the show repeat themselves. Saying "yes i forgive you but you permanently stained my soul." And that was a really sophisticated statement. He can choose to forgive her but he fails to forgive himself.

I also feel like they handled a trans chracter well for perhaps the first time ever. No one ever looked into the camera and told the audience what to think. It was meerly "i think hes hot and i dont care that hes a dude." Fair enough. Theyre still a bit bogged down by making the narrative surrounding the character about his transness but its getting much closer to a place where its simply just an underlying aspcet and not a plot point.

All that said every episode was very punchy and i always was left wanting to see what happens next. The acting was great and i think both leads should at least be nominated for emmys. Its a story so outrageous its hard to believe and then also it sounds about right. Really skirts that line. Extremely unique show in a ton of ways that will make it very memorable long term.

Last edited by Destor; 05-15-2024 at 05:38 PM.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote