TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Old 01-06-2008, 09:53 AM   #1561
KingofOldSchool
...IN HD!!!!

KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
From WWE.com

"WWE.com has learned that WWE Chairman, Mr. McMahon will make a huge announcement on Raw tonight coming off the heels of Mr. McMahon's loss to Mick Foley at Wrestlemania. What will the Chairman have to say? And what impact will it have to Raw and the rest of WWE? Find out tonight!"
KingofOldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:20 PM   #1562
Rob
Part time poster

Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Sid View Post
I've just been playing the demo

I love watching MMA, but I know very little about it, but the game was pretty fun, you can only book it for 6 weeks, which is a shame, but its all right. I'm considering buying it.
Same here. Now I have no life, I have time to waste on computer games again.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:02 PM   #1563
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Kinda hate when this happens. I have loads of ideas floating in my head but they aren't gonna happen until after several in-game months yet I'm too lazy to book.

Perhaps the biggest idea I've got floating around is having something happen storyline-wise that sees Bisch and Heyman brought back in...Bisch somehow grabs control of Smackdown as Heyman gets ECW back. Smackdown becomes WCW Thunder or something. All the rosters are wiped clean, new ones are drafted (including loads of OVW guys who will be ready by then), ECW gets bumped to prime time (thus justifying a full roster) and also brings back the TV Title, Tag Titles, and a specialty title to make it equal with the other brands.

Gives me the ability to shape all the rosters as I see fit while also making the show more diverse. Basically I wanna make things similar to how they were when the draft began...essentially having multiple promotions that rarely interact except in special circumstances. I kinda wanna make it like my last WWE game that I never got to finish cause my computer died and everything got erased.

Last edited by Evil Vito; 01-09-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #1564
Impact!
R.I.P Tanner

Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
What's this MMA game Rob?
Impact! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:22 PM   #1565
Cactus Sid
Smashing Blouse

Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)
Its an MMA game made by the same guy who makes these wrestling games, you can check it out at www.greydogsoftware.com

I've just booked about a years worth shows, the last one being UFC 86, where Mirko Cro Cop shocked Fedor Emelianenko for the UFC Heavyweight Title. It was totally out of the blue, I booked it because it was the match which had the biggest interest. I've basically been hoping that I'd have someone new step up to the plate, get a few wins under their belt and be ready for a title match sometime in the middle of 2009. Fedor has absolutely steam rolled everyone since he came, took the title off Couture in Couture's last ever fight, Cro Cop has won his last fight before the title match (against Nogueira) and lost 3 others. 2nd round Knockout. Pretty shocking stuff.
Cactus Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:07 AM   #1566
Impact!
R.I.P Tanner

Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Cheers man, looks awesome
Old 01-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #1567
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Planning stuff out for No Way Out and WrestleMania (about 2 weeks till No Way Out)...I gotta say, making a WM card is a pain in the ass. Even with 9 matches I'm still leaving out guys like Flair, Kane, and the entire women's division. There are some angles/feuds I just don't have room for to blow off at Mania so I might do so the week before the show.

Here's my No Way Out card as of right now:

WWE Championship - 6 Pack Challenge: Booker T (C) vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Bobby Lashley vs. John Cena vs. Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Championship: Edge (C) vs. Finlay

ECW Championship: CM Punk (C) vs. Johnny Jeter

Chris Jericho vs. MVP (If Jericho wins he gets the US Title, if MVP wins he gets Jericho's WM Title shot)

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Carlito vs. Shelton Benjamin (Hardy "injured" Stevie McMahon so Vince books Hardy against 3 Corporate members in an effort to get the IC Title to the Corporation)

WWE Women's Championship: Victoria (C) vs. Mickie James

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Open: Jimmy Wang Yang (C) vs. Jamie Noble vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Shannon Moore vs. Funaki vs. Cassidy James vs. Jesse Dalton vs. Matt Cappotelli vs. Chavo Guerrero

Extreme Rules: Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman vs. Elijah Burke and Marcus Cor Von

------

I'm enjoying booking the Originals vs. New Breed war. Mick Foley traded Kevin Thorn (the only member of the ECW roster yet to pick a side) over to Raw to bring back The Sandman and swing the war into the Originals' favor. I plan on ending the war between the two factions at WM.

Punk and Jeter are on the same side...but the match was really just thrown together because it'll be good (Jeter won #1 contendership over Kenny Dykstra).

Edge vs. Finlay was also basically thrown together because it should be a good match and it gives something for Edge to do before I get into the full-on WM build. Finlay's one half of the WWE Tag Team Champions still.

Also thinking that once I get past WM and do the complete re-draft, I might go back to having solo-branded PPVs especially since I'll have essentially three separate promotions going on.

Last edited by Evil Vito; 01-13-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:15 AM   #1568
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Ugh. A mere week and a half after returning from injury Jamie Noble goes and injures his neck and is out for 8 months.

Anyway, after Foley went and traded Thorn over to Raw for Sandman...Coach attempted to even the odds by firing ECW Original Nunzio. Nunzio immediately signed a SmackDown contract and is gonna take Noble's place in the Cruiserweight Open.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #1569
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

No Way Out 2008 Results:

Pre-Show: Special Edition of the Cutting Edge
World Heavyweight Champion Edge interviewed both of his potential WrestleMania opponents, Chris Jericho and MVP. Lots of verbal sparring went on between the three men, including Jericho mentioning that it may very well be Jericho vs. Finlay at Mania if Edge doesn’t focus on his match. Ultimately, MVP and Jericho brawled in a preview of the night’s match.
Overall Rating: 88%

WWE Intercontinental Title: Jeff Hardy (C) vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Carlito vs. Shelton Benjamin
Going in, it seemed Jeff would have no chance at retaining his gold…the match started off essentially as a three-on-one handicap match. However, once Hardy appeared to be down for the count, Carlito covered only for the fall to be broken up by a selfish Mr. Kennedy. The Corporate members bickered amongst themselves and ultimately it was Kennedy taking the fall as Jeff defied the odds and retained his belt.
Match Quality: 79%
Crowd Reaction: 82%
Overall Rating: **3/4, 81%

Extreme Rules: Elijah Burke and Marcus Cor Von vs. Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman
Not much to say here other than it was a violent, bloody brawl filled with all kinds of hardcore goodness. The ECW Originals managed to take Burke out of the equation long enough to double team Cor Von and put him through a table, which was enough to register a pinfall victory. As the Originals celebrated, the world was shocked when STEVE CORINO made his surprise debut and assaulted Sandman and Dreamer. The announcers could only speculate why, especially since he can be considered an ECW Original himself.
Match Quality: 86%
Crowd Reaction: 80%
Overall Rating: ***1/2, 83%

WWE Women’s Championship: Victoria (C) vs. Mickie James
In one of the better women’s wrestling matches of recent memory, it seemed all but certain that Mickie James would finally pin Victoria and grab a hold of the championship. However, when Mickie attempted the Mick Kick, Vicky ducked and rolled her up…using the feet on the ropes for leverage. Victoria continues her reign as champion despite being on the SmackDown roster.
Match Quality: 76%
Crowd Reaction: 75%
Overall Rating: **1/4, 75%

Cruiserweight Open for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Lots of high flying action happened here. Funaki and Cassidy James got the first two entry spots, and Funaki survived. Matt Cappotelli then entered and eliminated Funaki before being eliminated by Nunzio. Nunzio also went through Jesse Dalton before being eliminated by champion Jimmy Wang Yang. Yang showed why he was champion as he also outlasted a game Shannon Moore.
Rey Mysterio entered next as he and Wang had a classic high-flying affair that saw Rey come out on top, ensuring a new champion. Chavo Guerrero, winner of the first two Opens, got the luck of the draw at #9 and tried his best to cheat his way to victory but Rey managed to get out of it and win the Cruiserweight Title!
I SPIT IN THE FACE OF PEOPLE WHO DON’T WANT TO BE COOL. Carlito shocked the world by running out as Rey celebrated, essentially acting as a tenth entry. The refs waved it off and Carlito ultimately got his hand on some gold, pulling a Helms by winning the Cruiserweight Title as a Raw superstar.
Match Quality: 73%
Crowd Reaction: 65%
Overall Rating: *3/4, 69% The Dames hates Cruiserweights.

US Title vs. WM Title Shot: MVP vs. Chris Jericho
This match just ruled, plain and simple…clearly match of the night. MVP seemed to have it won until Jericho came firing back…a worrisome MVP took down the ref and attempted to cheat. However, MVP’s plans backfired when the ref DQ’ed MVP as soon as he came to. Thus, MVP gets to keep his US Title but perhaps more importantly…Jericho is still going to WrestleMania.
Match Quality: 89%
Crowd Reaction: 90%
Overall Rating: ***3/4, 89%

ECW Title: CM Punk (C) vs. Johnny Jeter
Huge disappointment here, as you’ll see by the ratings. I envisioned it being a back and forth battle between two faces…and Punk ultimately got the nod with the GTS and shook hands with friend Johnny Jeter after.
Match Quality: 78%
Crowd Reaction: 77%
Overall Rating: **1/2, 77% (ECW Title lost image. WTF…seriously have no idea what went wrong here. Both guys have 80+ overness, nearly identical stats…and according to the game it had nothing to do with the fact that I put it on after MVP/Jericho. Fuck.

World Heavyweight Title: Edge (C) vs. Finlay
Hard-hitting encounter here as it was obvious Edge clearly underestimated Finlay, who was looking to become a dual champion with a win. Edge tied up the referee at one point for some reason, and it became obvious why when Raw GM William Regal came in and whacked Finlay with the brass knux, allowing Edge to retain. “What the hell was that all about?” asked Michael Cole.
Crowd Reaction: 86%
Overall Rating: ***1/2, 85%

6-Pack Challenge for the WWE Title: Booker T (C) vs. Bobby Lashley vs. John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels
Lots of near falls in this one fall to a finish bout, with lots of near falls as the crowd thought any of the six had a shot at winning. The two Corporate members Cena and Orton were both the legal men in at one point, as all 4 other men dropped down from the turnbuckles to force them to fight. Hell broke loose as Cena and Orton eventually seemed to get on the same page…unfortunately for them a miscommunicated title shot occurred, enabling Book to once again pin Orton and retain his title.
Match Quality: 83%
Crowd Reaction: 94%
Overall Rating: ***1/2, 90%

82% Overall Rating for No Way Out
1.87 Buy Rate…demolishing TNA’s 1.16 Buy Rate for Against All Odds

I’m only just NOW noticing that titles’ image takes a hit if not defended at the PPV. The World Tag belts went down from 80 Image to 73…and the WWE Title (since technically in game it wasn’t defended) went down to 84 and the writers think I should take the belt off Book. Guess the next time he gets a singles win on Raw I’ll put the belt on the line to raise the image.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:45 PM   #1570
HeartBreakMan2k
Franchise of TPWW

HeartBreakMan2k puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)HeartBreakMan2k puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)HeartBreakMan2k puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)HeartBreakMan2k puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)HeartBreakMan2k puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)HeartBreakMan2k puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)HeartBreakMan2k puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)HeartBreakMan2k puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)HeartBreakMan2k puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Just started up a new WWE game.

Basically I signed Randy Couture, CM Punk, Brock Lesnar and Don Callis (this is an old expansion by the way, still has Christian under contract to me on Smackdown 8-)).

Started the following feuds.

Major
John Cena vs Triple H
Batista vs The Undertaker
Brock Lesnar vs Kurt Angle

Minor
Shawn Michaels vs Edge
Shelton Benjamin vs CM Punk

Only ran two shows so far, Raw scoring a 5.27 with Cena/HHH main event and the debut of CM Punk, Smackdown score a 5.74 with a Batista/Undertaker match and the debut of Randy Couture with Paul Heymen as his manager.
HeartBreakMan2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:16 PM   #1571
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I miss this thread, and I just made it to 12/1/08, so I think I'll bump with an update on my TNA game (the one that started in ROH).

CURRENT ROSTER

Main Event
AJ Styles - Heel - TNA World Champion
Bill Goldberg - Face
Shark Boy - Heel
Sting - Face

Upper Midcard
Brother Ray - Heel - TNA Tag Team Champion
Jeff Jarrett - Heel
Juventud Guerrera - Face - TNA X Division Champion
Kip James - Heel
Rhino - Face
Roderick Strong - Heel
Samoa Joe - Face
Senshi - Heel
Shane Douglas - Face
Steve Corino - Face

Midcard
Abyss - Face
Austin Aries - Heel
Ayako Hamada - Face
BG James - Heel
Black Reign - Heel
Brother Devon - Heel - TNA Tag Team Champion
Brother Runt - Face
Chris Harris - Face
Chris Sabin - Face
Christopher Daniels - Heel
Elix Skipper - Heel
Erik Watts - Heel
Gail Kim - Heel
Homicide - Face
James Storm - Heel
Joe E. Legend - Heel
Joseph Bruce (formerly Violent J) - Face
Judas Mesias - Heel
Konnan - Face
L.A. Par-K - Face
Michael Modest - Heel
New Jack - Face
Petey Williams - Face
Ron Killings - Heel
Simon Diamond - Heel
Sonjay Dutt - Face
Tommy Dreamer - Face

Lower Midcard
Jay Lethal - Face
Johnny Kashmere - Heel
Lash LeRoux - Face

Non-Wrestlers (all face)
Jim Cornette
Lex Luger
Terry Funk

Managers
Christy Hemme - Face
Jackie Gayda - Face
James Mitchell - Heel

FEUDS

Major
97 Heat - Sting vs. AJ Styles
86 Heat - Bill Goldberg vs. Jeff Jarrett
85 Heat - Shane Douglas vs. Austin Aries

Minor
89 - Rhino & Steve Corino vs. Team 3D
88 - Juventud Guerrera vs. Senshi
84 - Chris Harris vs. James Storm
82 - Samoa Joe vs. Shark Boy
71 - Chris Sabin & Sonjay Dutt vs. Voodoo Kin Mafia

STABLES

Doomsday
Black Reign
James Mitchell
Judas Mesias

Latin American Exchange
Homicide
Konnan
L.A. Par-K

Ring Of Dishonor
Austin Aries
Roderick Strong
Shark Boy

Team Extreme
Brother Runt
New Jack
Rhino
Shane Douglas
Steve Corino
Tommy Dreamer

TNA Governing Board
Jim Cornette
Lex Luger
Terry Funk

Triple X
Christopher Daniels
Elix Skipper
Senshi

Voodoo Kin Mafia
BG James
Kip James
Ron Killings
Simon Diamond

I have a primetime slot on NBC Saturday nights. Last week, I put up a 6.90. RAW got a 6.93. I also have a Monday night show on Sci-Fi and a Saturday night show on Playboy. I'm dropping the Playboy show once the contract expires in 8 weeks, because I have no need for a third show and the ratings are terrible on that network.
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:24 AM   #1572
Impact!
R.I.P Tanner

Lol why is Shark Boy in the Main Event?
Old 02-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #1573
Xero
He's Here

Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
It's TNA. He doesn't need to explain why.
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:24 PM   #1574
loopydate

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Because he's way over and, unlike the actual TNA bookers, I can turn fan support into a proper push.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #1575
KingofOldSchool
...IN HD!!!!

KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)KingofOldSchool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
From WWE.com

When Mr. McMahon has an announcement to make, it usually ends up being big. And this past Monday night was no different. In an attempt to make significant changes within WWE, Mr. McMahon announced that on a very special Saturday Night's Main Event this Saturday, WWE will be holding a draft lottery. However, this was not the only major announcement as Mr. McMahon announced that for the very first time in a WWE ring, there will be a Battle Bowl: Lethal Lottery competition.

Taken from a WCW concept, the Lethal Lottery will feature tag team matches where the participants are drawn at random. The winning tag teams will advance to a battle royal in the main event. The winner of the battle royal will get a World Title shot of his choosing within the next 6 months.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:55 PM   #1576
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

I’ve gotten back into the game, though doubtless I’ll fall back out of it again even though I still have my future plans. Anyway, here’s my WrestleMania 24 card:

World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Edge (C)
Chris Jericho made his shocking surprise return at the Royal Rumble, going on to win the match and earn his chance to once again headline WrestleMania, this time as the challenger. Edge has tried to make Y2J’s life a living hell, and has made certain to mention that he has yet to be pinned or forced to submit at Mania, while Y2J choked the last time he main-evented the grand daddy of them all.

WWE Championship: Booker T (C) vs. John Cena
Booker T has been on a tear ever since his unthinkable victory at the Royal Rumble when he wrestled the championship away from Randy Orton. Orton failed to reclaim his title and bring it back to the Corporate ranks. Now, Vince McMahon has appointed John Cena in charge of bringing the belt home “where it belongs”. Cena has had quite a WrestleMania streak building, so he has to be considered a favorite.

ECW Championship: CM Punk (C) vs. Ace Steel vs. Colt Cabana
Punk and Cabana, once the best of friends, have had several classic matches over the ECW Championship thus far…and it appeared to be headed in that direction again for WM. But now, enter Ace Steel…the man who trained both Punk and Cabana and was the third man in their Second City Saints triumvirate. Steel has been red hot since debuting in the land of the Extreme, and can’t be overlooked as he knows all of Punk and Colt’s tricks of the trade.

8-Man Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Representing SmackDown are United States Champion MVP and “The Animal” Batista. MVP certainly cannot be discounted, as he’s held that US Title since May. Batista has never competed in a ladder match before, so it should be interesting to see how the beast fares.

ECW has two representatives. First you have “Innovator of Violence” Tommy Dreamer. He is no stranger to matches of the extreme variety, and so he should feel right at home. He would love nothing more than to win this match and get an ECW Title shot. Also from ECW is “The King of Old School” Steve Corino, who made a surprise appearance at No Way Out by assaulting Dreamer and Sandman, and he’s been a force to be reckoned with on ECW since them.

Raw has the most representation, with four superstars. “The Game” Triple H has been a perennial thorn in the side of the Corporation. He has not been in a ladder match in some time, but when the situation calls for it, the “King of Kings” always seems to rise to the occasion. Also involved is Bobby Lashley, the powerhouse of a man who has been steamrolling his way up the Raw ranks. He has some ladder match experience, as he was a participant in the MITB match at WM22.

Also within Raw, the Corporation has two representatives in the match in Randy Orton and Mr. Kennedy, both of whom competed in the WM23 MITB and know what to expect, the latter of which actually won. Will their Corporate bond cause them to work together in this match, or will it truly be every man for himself?

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Jeff Hardy (C) vs. Shawn Michaels
After being screwed out of his MITB qualifier by the Corporation, the Heartbreak Kid has sought a way to get onto the show where he has thrived so much. He turned his attention to Jeff Hardy, the long reigning IC Champion who has held the belt since September. Both men have the utmost respect for one another and have helped each other out whenever possible, but they will be foes come WM. Will the Showstopper come through again or will Hardy be able to oust his childhood hero?

The Undertaker vs. Kane vs. Kevin Thorn vs. Umaga
The Undertaker’s 15-0 record at WrestleMania has never before been in so much jeopardy. Originally, Taker was entangled in a struggle with the cryptic warrior Kevin Thorn, who was certain he could be the one to end the streak. However since then, the Samoan Bulldozer Umaga has run in on their matches, prompting Taker’s brother Kane to come to his aid, but at WM it will be a fatal four-way, one fall to a finish bout. Taker’s amazing run seems to be in peril against three monsters, and he doesn’t even have to be pinned for it to end.

Street Fight for Control of ECW: Mick Foley vs. Marcus Cor Von
The war between the ECW Originals and the New Breed has reached the absolute boiling point. Neither side is backing down, until ECW Co-GM Mick Foley finally decided to lay down the law. He challenged any member of the cocky New Breed to a match at WrestleMania, with the winning brand getting control of the brand. The New Breed chose the powerful and dangerous Marcus Cor Von to lead the group into battle.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Rey Mysterio vs. Carlito (C)
The sly Raw superstar Carlito shell-shocked Rey Mysterio by entering the No Way Out cruiserweight open as a surprise participant and winning the title just minutes after Rey thought he was the new champion. Rey has stopped at nothing to get the championship back, including traveling to Raw to face fellow Corporation members who were friends of Carlito. It should be an exciting match.

Matt Hardy and Finlay vs. William Regal and Dave Taylor
Hardy and Finlay, originally an odd-couple team, have managed to hold the WWE Tag Team championships since November and are possibly the most dominant team in the company today. This didn’t sit well with Raw GM William Regal and fellow Englishman Dave Taylor, the World Tag Team champions. This match isn’t about titles, it’s about pride.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #1577
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

WRESTLEMANIA 24 RESULTS

Street Fight for Control of ECW: Mick Foley vs. Marcus Cor Von
In one of the most brutal opening bouts in WrestleMania history, Foley and Cor Von truly took it to the extreme. In a scene reminiscent of Backlash 2004, Cor Von took a bareback bump onto thumbtacks. But in the end, Cor Von hit Mick with a Pounce through a barbed wire-wrapped table that was set up in the corner. Cor Von won, and as a result, the New Breed now has control of ECW.
Crowd Reaction: 87%
Match Quality: 75%
Overall Rating: 83% **1/2

Battle of the Tag Champions: Matt Hardy and Finlay vs. William Regal and Dave Taylor
This was an absolutely brilliant match and certainly a change of pace from the previous bout. Finlay, Regal, and Taylor made this perhaps one of the stiffest matches in WM history. With the referee knocked out, Regal took a swing at Matt with his brass knux, but Hardy ducked and Regal wound up knocking out his own partner. Finlay then came in with his shillelagh and took Regal out of the mix as well. When the referee came to he saw Hardy on top of Taylor and counted the three. The WWE Tag Team champions won this battle.
Crowd Reaction: 83%
Match Quality: 98%
Overall Rating: 90% ****1/2

WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Rey Mysterio vs. Carlito (C)
This fast paced encounter saw Mysterio trying to reclaim the Cruiserweight Championship from Raw champion Carlito. He got Carlito into position for the 6-1-9, but Carlito ducked and managed to crotch Mysterio in a manner that the ref couldn’t see. Carlito got the pin and retained his title. Now that’s cool.
Crowd Reaction: 84%
Match Quality: 84%
Overall Rating: 83% ***3/4

The Undertaker vs. Kane vs. Umaga vs. Kevin Thorn
This was an all out brawlfest, and a damn good one at that as all four men remained in the ring all match. The crowd was electric, knowing that Undertaker’s perfect record at WrestleMania could end even without Taker being pinned, and the match was laden with nearfalls and false finishes. With Thorn and Kane eventually out of the picture outside the ring, Umaga planted Taker with the Samoan Spike and it seemed like it was over. However, Taker sat right back up to everyone’s amazement, and he managed to lift the Samoan Bulldozer for a Tombstone Piledriver and go 16-0 at Mania.
Crowd Reaction: 84%
Overall Rating: 85% ***1/2

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Shawn Michaels vs. Jeff Hardy (C)
If you want to see an electric match, look no further than this as both fan favorites had a match that was back and forth all the way. Eventually HBK began to tune up the band, but Jeff managed to sidestep the Sweet Chin Music, plant HBK with a Twist of Fate and then hit a Swanton Bomb to retain his title in easily the biggest win of his career.

HBK and Jeff received a standing ovation and embraced in the middle of the ring. HBK then began to walk out and let Jeff has his time alone, until he out of nowhere planted Jeff with a Sweet Chin Music to the head. The crowd looked on in stunned silence as HBK just stared down the man who had beaten him on the grandest stage in wrestling.
Crowd Reaction: 89%
Overall Rating: 88% ***3/4

Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Randy Orton vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Triple H vs. Bobby Lashley vs. MVP vs. Batista vs. Tommy Dreamer vs. Steve Corino
The annual MITB match featured more big spots than anybody could have imagined, especially with the likes of HHH, Lashley, and Batista involved. A Batista Bomb off of a ladder on Triple H onto Lashley who was laying on the mat and a Dreamer Driver through a table on Corino were just a few of the high spots.

Orton and MVP were fighting one another outside the ring, leaving Kennedy all alone to reclaim the MITB briefcase for the second straight year. However, Orton noticed this and jumped back in and RKO’d his Corporation teammate off the ladder after working together all match, proving it truly was every man for himself. This enabled the United States champion the chance to climb the ladder and claim the briefcase to become the 2008 Money in the Bank winner. Could he become a double champion now?

Match Quality: 80%
Overall Rating: 84% ***

ECW Championship: Ace Steel vs. Colt Cabana vs. CM Punk (C)
All three of these men knew each other so well, and that really rubbed off in this match as the former best friends were able to outmatch one another hold for hold and move for move. Ace seemingly had it won after a Steel Spike, but Punk managed to catch an extra burst of energy to break up the fall and finish off Steel with a GTS to continue his reign as ECW Champion.
Match Quality: 87%
Overall Rating: 83% ***1/2

WWE Championship: John Cena vs. Booker T (C)
One year ago, Cena was the fan favorite in WWE and was defending his title at WrestleMania. Now that has all changed, and he was the most hated man in the company and the last hope for the Corporation to bring home the WWE Championship against a man with a pretty bad WM track record in Booker T. A classic, main event-caliber match that saw Booker T once again break out the Harlem Hangover and retain his title in front of a crowd that was the hottest it had been all night.
Crowd Reaction: 97%
Match Quality: 85%
Overall Rating: 93% ***3/4

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Edge (C)
The crowd for our main event somehow was even hotter during this match, as Chris Jericho has won the World Heavyweight Championship barely two months after returning to WWE. As always, plenty of nearfalls, including Edge shockingly kicking out of the Lionsault. Jericho leapt OVER Edge, who was attempting a Spear, before spinning Edge around and planting him with a double kneebuster to the face. Jericho locked on the Walls of Jericho and Edge was forced to swallow his pride and submit, losing the championship he had grown attached to.

After the bout, Booker T and CM Punk came out and the three champions, three close friends and three fan favorites, celebrated to end the show as confetti fell from the ceiling. In a scene reminiscent of WM10, MVP stood on the rampway and looked on in disgust…MVP has the opportunity to challenge any of these three men for the title.
Crowd Reaction: 99%
Match Quality: 79%
Overall Rating: 92% ***1/4

87% Overall Rating
1.91 Buy Rate

A bit odd only having one title change at WM…I considered having Carlito drop the CW belt but I had other plans. Great show.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:02 PM   #1578
loopydate

I've decided that when 2009 starts (I'm on Christmas Eve 2008, btw), I'm going to have TNA do what WWE tried to do and failed.

I'm bringing back ECW.

So far, I've got a handful of ECW workers signed, and I'm waiting for more guys' contracts to run out with WWE. What I have so far:

2 Cold Scorpio
Al Snow
Balls Mahoney
Beulah McGillicuddy
Chris Chetti
Christian York
CW Anderson
Danny Doring
The Dudley Boyz
Johnny Swinger
Little Guido
New Jack
Nova
Perry Saturn
Rhino
Shane Douglas
Simon Diamond
Spike Dudley
Steve Corino
Terry Funk
The Blue Meanie
Tommy Dreamer

Still needs some work, but I'm thinking about doing something along these lines. Terry Funk is on the TNA Board of Directors. He'll turn heel and announce the formation of the ECW brand. His first big acquisitions will be the new TNA Tag Team Champions (who won the belts at Turning Point) Rhino and Steve Corino. They will pretty much reform the old Network stable (with Tajiri as soon as his WWE contract runs out). They'll get preferential treatment in the new ECW.

Tommy Dreamer will be hurt that his idol didn't confide in him that he was planning this, and will wind up leading the resistance against Funk. The former Team 3D will go back to their original names and turn face to align with Dreamer against the team that beat them for the TNA (now ECW) Tag Team Titles.

My interest in my TNA game was waning, but I think this should perk it back up. TNA will keep my Monday night slot because I'll want the bigger stars to be going up against RAW. ECW will get the Sunday night slot.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:58 PM   #1579
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

I love that idea, Loopy. Definitely will add some life to your game.

As I mentioned earlier on this page (like a couple of months ago ) I have a big plans for the future that will reshape my entire WWE.

Since I took over in September, I've done my best to re-establish the brand split. I brought back the trade window and such, because I hated it when WWE just had people move brands with no explanation. Really, up until I got to my WM buildup, I've stuck with the split and I have kept interbrand competition to a minimum, but at WM there were like 4 interpromotional matches.

Basically, I'm at the point where most of the feuds and storylines I want to do involve people switching shows...so much so that I can't even justify doing that many trades. Not to mention, I have an influx of talented workers ready to come up from OVW/FCW but I just don't have room for most of them with two full rosters and a mini-roster.

My solution - in storyline, Vince is fed up. His Corporate team has failed him, and so he's had enough of it all. He lambasts his Corporate members, saying he could find better people to represent him anywhere. In his haste, he even winds up rehiring Bischoff and Heyman...Bisch takes Smackdown and Heyman takes ECW The rosters more or less are unified during the whole month of April, with there being a brand new full-on draft the night after Backlash.

With nobody quite sure about their future, some huge matches get signed like a 30-Man Battle Royal where the winner gets to CHOOSE which promotion he goes to...and the main event will be a triple threat match with the champions. The winner nets his show the first TWO picks of the draft, the guy not involved in the decision picks 3rd, and the guy who gets beaten goes 4th and then the drfat order loops back around.

Basically I'll wind up with:

WWE Raw headed by Vince McMahon
WCW Thunder (I don't want a Friday night TV show to be called Nitro) headed by Eric Bischoff
ECW Hardcore TV headed by Paul Heyman (Sci-Fi have been begging me to go to primetime so I'll have more segments and thus a bigger roster).

Basically I'll have three distinctively different shows, much like how things were with my old game, new storylines, new feuds, new wrestlers. A fresh start basically. I may or may not allow trades, but I'll definitely do the annual draft. The brands won't interfere with one another except in rare circumstances (Rumble buildup, KOTR final, etc.)
Old 04-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #1580
loopydate

2008 has come to a close, and here are the top 10 wrestlers in the world:

1) CM Punk (Ring Of Honor)
2) Rey Mysterio (World Wrestling Entertainment)
3) Kid Romeo (IWA-Puerto Rico / Pro Wrestling World-1)
4) Colt Cabana (Ring Of Honor)
5) Senshi (Total Nonstop Action)
6) AJ Styles (Total Nonstop Action)
7) Chris Benoit (World Wrestling Entertainment)
8) Kurt Angle (World Wrestling Entertainment)
9) Bryan Danielson (Ring Of Honor)
10) Juventud Guerrera (Total Nonstop Action)

Other TNA wrestlers on the Top 100 List:

19) Steve Corino
21) Petey Williams
37) Samoa Joe
38) Christian York (...pretty high for a non-wrestler)
39) Ron Killings
40) Nova
41) Shark Boy
42) Austin Aries
43) Homicide
47) Chris Chetti
48) Sonjay Dutt
53) Christopher Daniels
60) Al Snow
69) Johnny Kashmere
70) Rhino
72) Chris Sabin
83) Elix Skipper
92) Roderick Strong
100) Jeff Jarrett

Instead of turning Terry Funk heel, what's happening is that Cyrus The Virus is going to become the network representative, taking over the Monday night timeslot. He's going to build the show around Rhino and Steve Corino, the Tag Team Champions and The Franchise Shane Douglas. Other members of his Network stable include CW Anderson, Johnny Swinger, and Simon Diamond.

The X Division and Tag Team Titles will fluctuate between both brands, and there will be a battle royal on the debut of ECW Hardcore TV to determine the new ECW World Champion. Haven't decided whether to have Douglas or Tommy Dreamer win it, but I want those two to fight at Guilty As Charged for the title. At this point, here's how GaC is shaping up:

FATAL FOURWAY FOR THE TNA WORLD TITLE
AJ Styles (c) vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Bill Goldberg vs. Sting

LADDER MATCH FOR THE X DIVISION TITLE
Senshi (c) vs. Juventud Guerrera

ECW TITLE MATCH
Shane Douglas vs. Tommy Dreamer

TABLES MATCH FOR THE TAG TEAM TITLES
The Network (Rhino & Steve Corino) (c) vs. The Dudley Boyz

FATAL FOURWAY FOR AN X DIVISION TITLE MATCH
Christopher Daniels vs. Roderick Strong vs. Shark Boy vs. L.A. Par-K

HARDCORE RULES TAG TEAM MATCH
Balls Mahoney & Spike Dudley vs. Johnny Swinger & Simon Diamond

Chris Sabin & Sonjay Dutt vs. Voodoo Kin Mafia

Chris Harris vs. James Storm

Abyss vs. Ron Killings
Old 04-02-2008, 10:04 PM   #1581
Xero
He's Here

Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Why is #7 blank?
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:22 PM   #1582
loopydate

I dunno. Must be some glitch in the game. I should e-mail Ryland about that.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:32 AM   #1583
The Mackem
VG + Q&A FORUM REPRESENT

The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Started posting a diary on another forum dedicated to EWR. I feel that the diary helps add more to the gaming experience because otherwise you could have the same guaranteed good matches week after week and not really get penalised for it. Helps to keep it real a bit.

If anyone wants to read it's at:

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/4200...review-posted/
The Mackem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:22 PM   #1584
Rob
Part time poster

Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
How do the wrestling and MMA games not have cracks available yet?
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #1585
The Mackem
VG + Q&A FORUM REPRESENT

The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)The Mackem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
The owners are very serious about it. I've never seen cracks for the old versions, it uses an e-licence system which, although I'm not an expert, I've heard claimed is uncrackable.

I once got a free game of the original TEW for helping the old publishers out with UK debit card payment problems they were having.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:30 AM   #1586
Indifferent Clox
emerge

Indifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be banned
bookmarked your diary mackem

looks really in depth
Indifferent Clox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:10 AM   #1587
The Mackem
VG + Q&A FORUM REPRESENT

yeah probably spent too much time on it in truth and it's the first one I've ever done but I wanted to see if it improves the game for me at all.

No idea how long it will last!!
Old 04-17-2008, 10:19 PM   #1588
loopydate

TNA ANNOUNCES NEW HIRES!

Eric Young returns to TNA to team with his old Team Canada partner Petey Williams and add depth to the X Division.

Nick Dinsmore & Rene Dupree will be brought in as a heel tag team.

Former ECW Champion Justin Credible will be added to the ECW brand.

Rumor has it a fifth signing has been made. Supposedly it's a top-tier talent that TNA management is just itching to announce. However, this star has made the Board Of Governors promise not to reveal his name until he can make his presence known at Guilty As Charged. The Board has agreed on the terms that this star not affect the outcome of the TNA World Heavyweight Title fatal fourway. We'll see how this all sorts itself out at the first joint TNA/ECW pay-per-view!

STIPULATION ADDED!

The Chris Harris/James Storm feud will finally come to an end at Guilty As Charged, as the two face off in a Texas Death Match!
Old 04-17-2008, 11:28 PM   #1589
loopydate

Sonjay Dutt injured his hand at a house show, so the tag match has been changed to Chris Sabin vs. Kip James in a singles match.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:32 PM   #1590
Impact!
R.I.P Tanner

Post the show Loopy
Old 04-18-2008, 12:33 AM   #1591
loopydate

I still have a week of shows to sim, then I'll post it. It sucks trying to book three shows a week. Mercifully, the contract for my Saturday night show expires after three more shows, so I should be able to post things much faster then.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:02 AM   #1592
The Mackem
VG + Q&A FORUM REPRESENT

November 2003 and the ICW TV title tournament has begun

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/4200/t1118685-icw-2003
Old 04-28-2008, 08:58 PM   #1593
loopydate

GUILTY AS CHARGED 2009

HARDCORE TAG TEAM MATCH
Balls Mahoney & Spike Dudley vs. Johnny Swinger & Simon Diamond

Suplex onto two upright chairs by Simon Diamond. Big kick from Swinger. Simon Diamond uses the table as a battering ram. Balls blocks a kick from Johnny Swinger. Simon takes a vertical suplex. Balls and Spike hook up Simon, then hit a double suplex. Weak bodyslam by Spike. Spike rams Swinger into a table. Simon counters an avalanche with a raised foot to the face. Johnny Swinger hits a delayed suplex on Spike. Gutwrench into a powerbomb, Balls hits hard. Balls Mahoney is all alone...Problem Solver!! 1....2....3! *** rating, as it was good, but nothing too special.

Overall Rating: 72%
Crowd Reaction: 67%
Match Quality: 78%

TAG TEAM TITLE - TABLES MATCH
The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray & D-Von) vs. The Network (Rhino & Steve Corino) (c)

Big kick from D-Von. Bubba Ray Dudley scores with a crappy looking standing spinebuster. The Dudley Boyz hook up Rhino, then hit a double suplex. D-Von Dudley goes to slam Corino through a table, but he manages to escape. Bubba Ray Dudley misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Bodyslam by Corino. Steve Corino goes to suplex D-Von through a table, but he slips out the backdoor. Powerbomb on Bubba Ray. Corino climbs onto the table with D-Von Dudley and hits a bodyslam through it for the win! This one gets a ***1\4 rating, it was a good bout.

Overall Rating: 86%
Crowd Reaction: 89%
Match Quality: 80%
Road Agent Notes: Rhino gained overness from this feud ending. Steve Corino gained overness from this feud ending. D-Von Dudley gained overness from this feud ending. Bubba Ray Dudley gained overness from this feud ending. The Tag Team titles have gained in image.

SINGLES MATCH
Abyss vs. Ron Killings

Ron Killings hits a rolling kick on Abyss. Super kick by Ron Killings. There's a two count on the pin. Abyss avoids a Ron Killings avalanche. Killings gets slammed. Bodyslam by Abyss. There's a two count on the pin. Massive lariat, apparently Abyss has been watching The Best Of Stan Hansen again. Hooks the leg for a close fall. Big clothesline on Killings. Killings blocks the suplex attempt. Spinning bulldog in the corner, Abyss is down. Cover for a two count. Springboard dropkick from Ron Killings. Nicely done. Pin, but Abyss is out just before the three count. Second rope flying axe handle, Abyss goes down. Kick from Ron Killings to the leg. Abyss elbows Ron Killings in the face to break a hammerlock. Fallaway slam by Abyss. Abyss scores with a standing spinebuster. Abyss moves in for the kill. Black Hole Slam!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! This gets a **3\4 rating. Perfectly Acceptable Wrestling.

Overall Rating: 74%
Match Quality: 74%

ECW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE - HARDCORE MATCH
Tommy Dreamer vs. Shane Douglas (c)

Weak headbutt on Dreamer by Douglas. Shane Douglas uses a big bag of popcorn to floor Dreamer. Tommy Dreamer takes a right hand to the temple from Douglas. Dreamer takes a vertical suplex. Dreamer blocks a punch. Douglas eats a trash can. Massive backbreaker, Douglas got planted. Early reports indicate that the back was *not* actually broken, so the move's name should actually be backhurter. Hooks the leg for a two count. Douglas counters a sleeper hold by turning it into a jaw breaker. Shane Douglas hits a bulldog off the ropes. Cover for a two count. Shane Douglas turns Dreamer inside-out with a clothesline. Pin, but Dreamer is out just before the three count. Tommy Dreamer fights out of a grapple. Dreamer hits a right hand. Shane Douglas reverses a hip toss. Shane Douglas strikes Tommy Dreamer. Shane Douglas moves in for the kill. Here it comes - Franchiser. 1....2...3, it's finished. This gets a **3\4 rating. Perfectly Acceptable Wrestling.

Overall Rating: 73%
Crowd Reaction: 72%

TEXAS DEATH MATCH
Chris Harris vs. James Storm

Wildcat slams James Storm. Wildcat chair shots James Storm. Rude Awakening on James Storm by Wildcat. Bodyslam by Wildcat. Cowboy reverses a waistlock. Wildcat eats a trash can. Spinebuster by James Storm. Cover gets three. James Storm pinned Wildcat. The referee is counting: 5....6....Chris Harris is back up. Chris Harris comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Spinebuster by Chris Harris. Pin, three count, it's over. Chris Harris pins Cowboy. The referee gets to a five count....and James Storm gets back up. Chris Harris scores with a standing spinebuster. Cover gets three. Chris Harris pinned Cowboy. The referee counts: 6....7...8....but Cowboy stands up. Cowboy blocks a punch. Chanelling the spirit of Misawa, James Storm uses a forearm to the face. Wildcat counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face. Wildcat slams James Storm down. James Storm can barely stand. Catatonic! 1....2....3. The referee counts to 10, this match is over! Chris Harris offers a handshake to Cowboy...and he accepts it! Almost got a **** match, but was lacking in certain areas, so i'm knocking off half a star, so it gets a ***1\2 rating.

Overall Rating: 82%
Crowd Reaction: 77%
Match Quality: 87%
Road Agent Notes: James Storm lost overness from this match. Chris Harris gained overness from this feud ending. James Storm gained overness from this feud ending.

X DIVISION TITLE #1 CONTENDER - FOUR CORNERS
L.A. Par-K vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Roderick Strong vs. Shark Boy

Roderick drives a thrust kick into the chest of Sharky. Shark Boy walks into a stiff lariat clothesline from Roderick. There's a two count on the pin. Roderick Strong hits a delayed suplex on Sharky. Shark Boy ducks a clothesline attempt. Legsweep out of Nowhere. Where is Nowhere, and why do moves keep coming out of there? Does it have a factory? Cover for a two count. Super kick by Shark Boy. Hooks the leg for a two count. Roderick blocks a kick from Shark Boy. Stiff high kick on L.A. Par-K by Roderick Strong who has evidently been watching some old AJPW tapes recently. Roderick tags out to L.A. Par-K. Sharky takes a chop from L.A. Par-K. Badly executed second rope splash by L.A. Par-K. L.A. Par-K hits a flying kick on Sharky. Diving headbutt from L.A. Par-K, not much elevation. Pinfall attempt gets a 2.9999. Tag between L.A. Par-K and Christopher Daniels. Spin kick by Christopher Daniels to the face. Back heel kick off the second rope, Sharky goes down. Cover for a two count. Second rope flying axe handle, Sharky goes down. Cover for a two count. Lightning kick by Daniels on Sharky. Cover, but there's a last second kick-out. Tag to Roderick Strong. Daniels walks into a spike slam. Big dropkick by Roderick Strong, who got good elevation. Stiff high kick on Daniels by Roderick Strong who has evidently been watching some old AJPW tapes recently. Daniels counters a sleeper hold by turning it into a jaw breaker. DDT from the top rope by Christopher Daniels. That looked brutal. Roderick Strong can barely stand. Angel's Wings! 1....2....3. Almost a *** rating, but there were some bits that dragged, so **3\4 instead.

Overall Rating: 74%

SINGLES MATCH
Chris Sabin vs. Kip James

Dropkick connects, Kip goes down. Stiff high kick on Kip by Chris Sabin who has evidently been watching some old AJPW tapes recently. Driven DDT by Chris Sabin. The ring shook violently, instantly making it better at selling than some of the current roster. Spin kick by Chris Sabin to the face. Kip blocks a punch. Kip James with a badly-executed spinning neckbreaker on Sabin. Kip James hits a sloppy double axe handle. Hooks the leg for a two count. Kip only gets knees on a splash. Flying cross body off the top rope! I'll give a 0.8 on the Steamboat scale for that effort. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tornado DDT from Chris Sabin, Kip got planted. Cover, but there's a last second kick-out. Kip James takes the advantage after a i-block-your-punch-you-don't-block-mine routine. Weak headbutt on Sabin by Kip. Kip only gets knees on a splash. Chris Sabin hits a rolling kick on Kip. Kip James can barely stand. Cradle Shock! 1....2....3. I'll give it a **1\2 rating.

Overall Rating: 76%
Match Quality: 69%

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE - ELIMINATION
Bill Goldberg vs. Sting vs. AJ Styles (c) vs. Jeff Jarrett

Sting strikes Bill Goldberg. Goldberg takes a vertical suplex. Hooks the leg for a two count. Goldberg blocks the suplex attempt. Tag to AJ Styles. Styles hits a dropkick on Sting. Sting reverses an irish whip...and AJ Styles runs into the referee. Vicious kick to the teeth from AJ Styles. Akira Maeda would be proud. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is conveniently laid out. Hard back suplex on Sting. Anyone remember when that was Shawn Michaels's finisher? Sting blocks the suplex attempt. Sting tags out to Jeff Jarrett. Styles walks into a spike slam. Running knee lift from Jeff Jarrett. AJ Styles ducks a clothesline attempt. Jarrett takes a flying neckbreaker from AJ Styles. DDT from the top rope by AJ Styles. That looked brutal. Pin, three count, it's over. AJ Styles pins Jarrett. Bill Goldberg hits a right hand on AJ Styles. AJ Styles takes a right hand to the temple from Goldberg. Cover for a two count. Bill Goldberg DDTs Styles, although it was hardly executed with pin-point precision. Cover, but there's a last second kick-out. AJ Styles powers out of a Bill Goldberg headlock. Shining Wizard on Goldberg, Styles really laid that one in. Tag between AJ Styles and Sting. Sting scores with a crappy looking standing spinebuster. Pin, three count, it's over. Sting pins Goldberg. Sting strikes AJ Styles. AJ Styles elbows Sting in the face to break a hammerlock. Super frankensteiner on Sting, who hit hard. Pin, but Sting is out just before the three count. Sting elbows AJ Styles in the face to break a hammerlock. Sting with a badly-executed spinning neckbreaker on Styles. Sting floors AJ Styles. Here it comes...Scorpion Deathlock! AJ Styles taps! *** rating, as it was good, but nothing too special.

Overall Rating: 82%
Match Quality: 73%
Road Agent Notes: The TNA World Heavyweight title has gained in image.

AFTER THE MATCH

Sting is in the ring, about to give an interview. Out from the crowd comes the debuting Brock Lesnar, who attacks. Brock Lesnar moves in for the kill. Verdict! Sting has been laid out by Brock Lesnar.

Overall Rating: 88%
Old 05-30-2008, 12:09 PM   #1594
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Good show, loopy (forgot about this thread yet again)

I booked a few shows in my EWR game...3 weeks from Backlash though doubtless I'll lose interest again.

Anyway I had Vince temporarily end the brand split untl new rosters are drafted from scratch the night after Backlash. So I'm running matches using talent from all 3 shows that I normally wouldn't be able to book due to the split. I'm getting a feel of what matches/feuds would work when I re-draft.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:27 AM   #1595
Cactus Sid
Smashing Blouse

Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)Cactus Sid is a chill bro (7,500+)
Whack out the old MMA game every now and again, decided to book the Affliction Banned show coming up, but then the game completely crashed, so gonna go back to the UFC game thats in its 6th year, with GSP winning the title at almost every weight now.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #1596
Impact!
R.I.P Tanner

Man I love the MMA game. I booked Jardine V Silva a week before it happened and Silva KO'd him in 54 seconds. I was like man that's not gonna happen (then fucking BAM)
Old 06-01-2008, 05:13 PM   #1597
KingofOldSchool
...IN HD!!!!

Hey, they've released the TEW '08 demo today. Yeah I didn't even know that they were releasing another one, but evidently everything has been overhauled. I'd recommend downloading it, but their servers are jammed right now.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:44 PM   #1598
KingofOldSchool
...IN HD!!!!

Just by looking at the interface, TEW 08 is pretty nice. I like how the creative meeting option was expanded on, you can now see who creative thinks are the rising stars, declining stars, guys under the radar, etc.

Also there is a Hall of Fame section, I would think people are added to it as they retire as an active wrestler.

And with TEW 07, they made it so where you can have 3 seperate brands ala WWE, well in TEW 08 you can determine what each brand's focus is. Like Brand 1 can be more traditional, while Brand 2 can be more entertainment, while Brand 3 can be more hardcore.

THEY ADDED TAG TEAM FINISHERS BACK!

And they added an option where you can view who each wrestler has chemistry in the ring with.

They've brought back the the website feature ala EWR.

They've added a tournament storylines so you can book tourneys directly via TEW.

You can view your lockeroom morale as in seeing who are the locker room leaders and who are the cancers, etc. without having to weed through each person individually.

Oh and the biggest improvement I've seen...

MOVESETS!

Yes, you can assign a wrestler up to 25 specific moves.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #1599
KingofOldSchool
...IN HD!!!!

Booking screen is a lot nicer and are easier to search for stuff. They added new match types and booking notes including Turns, Ref screwjobs, and botch interference.

They added a few more match types and angle as well.

Although I'm disappointed with the lack of text play-by-play, they just used the same format as previous versions.

Overall, from the demo I think it is a very solid game. I would recommend downloading the trial and see for yourself. I'm not sure of the price but I'd assume that it would be $35-$40 like years past.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:27 PM   #1600
Cactus Sid
Smashing Blouse

Fucking hell that sounds amazing

Anyone put up an update for it yet? (he's released the editor to a couple of the update/scenario makers)