TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Old 03-13-2013, 04:51 AM   #6921
dronepool
the low Art Gloominati

dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane Knight View Post
Kind of like Macs, except for casual gamers instead of yuppy douchebags.
I love my Macbook Pro and my Macbook from 2007.

Macs do run better and have a MUCH better working OS but yeah- they are luxury computers.
dronepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:11 AM   #6922
Extreme Angle
XBL TAG : Mootkinstein

Extreme Angle has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Extreme Angle has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Extreme Angle has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Extreme Angle has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Extreme Angle has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Extreme Angle has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
I'd want one purely to play my Steam Games somewhere other than my Workplace.
A couch, a big tv and a controller is way more relaxing than mouse and keyboard.
Extreme Angle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #6923
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Angle View Post
I'd want one purely to play my Steam Games somewhere other than my Workplace.
A couch, a big tv and a controller is way more relaxing than mouse and keyboard.
If only you could add a controller to your PC and hook it up to your TV somehow.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #6924
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Daily Gaming News:
1) Another update to the Xi3-Valve "Steam Box" news as the CEO of Xi3 denies Valve's recent claims of not having any relations to his company. He claims the "Piston" was only created due to Valve's involvement with the project.
http://www.destructoid.com/xi3-ceo-s...e-248540.phtml

2) Ron Gilbert, creator of The Cave, announces he has left Double Fine studio.
http://www.screwattack.com/news/ron-...es-double-fine

3) CD Projekt Red announces they are currently planning and developing several online multiplayer features for Cyberpunk 2077 although no actual details were revealed.
http://www.destructoid.com/cyberpunk...--248573.phtml
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #6925
Extreme Angle

Extreme Angle has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Extreme Angle has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Extreme Angle has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Extreme Angle has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Extreme Angle has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Extreme Angle has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
If only you could add a controller to your PC and hook it up to your TV somehow.
If only there was a smaller case which didn't cost a bomb. so there wasn't a mammoth in my living room...

If only there was a pc which at the press of the power button, launched up Big Picture Mode...
Old 03-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #6926
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Daily Gaming News:
1) According to the lead content manager for Assassin's Creed IV, Ubisoft is currently using 7 studios to help develop the game with each studio responsible for a specific gameplay feature.
http://www.destructoid.com/seven-dif...v-248626.phtml

2) Update to Star Wars First Assault news as gameplay footage from an early build of the game was recently leaked online.
http://kotaku.com/5990366/leaked-foo...d-call-of-duty

3) Nintendo has lost a recent US court case against a former Sony employee over claims of patent infringement in regards to glasses-free 3D technology used in the 3DS. Nintendo argued the tech they used came from Sharp's patent (who also became the manufacturer of the screens) and did not use key features from Seijiro Tomita's own patent as the lawsuit claimed.
http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-...t-248612.phtml

4) The debate regarding violent video games might be restarting soon after a Washington teen blames video games as the main reason why he murdered his parents with GTA and hearing "voices" in his head as the motivation for the crime. Also claimed the crime was due to his parents taking away his electronic devices because he was playing them almost non-stop that even caused himself to be concerned about it.
http://www.destructoid.com/teen-shoo...s-248661.phtml
Old 03-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #6927
Drakul
"Steven, your fossa!"

Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
He was playing extremely violent games too much and had a mental problem anyway. What's there to study?

Too much of anything is bad for you. That's why it's called "too much". If he watched too much Saw and heard voices, would they start studying violent movies? Most likely not.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #6928
LoDownM
Retired Prolly.

LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
No he's right. Even though the kid is obviously crazy, people and the media are going to look past that fact and blame "the video games." And using your example, even if the kid blamed the Saw franchise and hearing voices, that fact probably wouldn't ever get mentioned after the first day because "zomg video games were found in his house, clearly the reason!"
LoDownM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #6929
dronepool
the low Art Gloominati

dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)dronepool has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
I'll just go and post this....

Columbine: Whose Fault Is It?

by Marilyn Manson

It is sad to think that the first few people on earth needed no books, movies, games or music to inspire cold-blooded murder. The day that Cain bashed his brother Abel's brains in, the only motivation he needed was his own human disposition to violence. Whether you interpret the Bible as literature or as the final word of whatever God may be, Christianity has given us an image of death and sexuality that we have based our culture around. A half-naked dead man hangs in most homes and around our necks, and we have just taken that for granted all our lives. Is it a symbol of hope or hopelessness? The world's most famous murder-suicide was also the birth of the death icon -- the blueprint for celebrity. Unfortunately, for all of their inspiring morality, nowhere in the Gospels is intelligence praised as a virtue.

A lot of people forget or never realize that I started my band as a criticism of these very issues of despair and hypocrisy. The name Marilyn Manson has never celebrated the sad fact that America puts killers on the cover of Time magazine, giving them as much notoriety as our favorite movie stars. From Jesse James to Charles Manson, the media, since their inception, have turned criminals into folk heroes. They just created two new ones when they plastered those dipshits Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris' pictures on the front of every newspaper. Don't be surprised if every kid who gets pushed around has two new idols.

We applaud the creation of a bomb whose sole purpose is to destroy all of mankind, and we grow up watching our president's brains splattered all over Texas. Times have not become more violent. They have just become more televised. Does anyone think the Civil War was the least bit civil? If television had existed, you could be sure they would have been there to cover it, or maybe even participate in it, like their violent car chase of Princess Di. Disgusting vultures looking for corpses, exploiting, fucking, filming and serving it up for our hungry appetites in a gluttonous display of endless human stupidity.

When it comes down to who's to blame for the high school murders in Littleton, Colorado, throw a rock and you'll hit someone who's guilty. We're the people who sit back and tolerate children owning guns, and we're the ones who tune in and watch the up-to-the-minute details of what they do with them. I think it's terrible when anyone dies, especially if it is someone you know and love. But what is more offensive is that when these tragedies happen, most people don't really care any more than they would about the season finale of Friends or The Real World. I was dumbfounded as I watched the media snake right in, not missing a teardrop, interviewing the parents of dead children, televising the funerals. Then came the witch hunt.

Man's greatest fear is chaos. It was unthinkable that these kids did not have a simple black-and-white reason for their actions. And so a scapegoat was needed. I remember hearing the initial reports from Littleton, that Harris and Klebold were wearing makeup and were dressed like Marilyn Manson, whom they obviously must worship, since they were dressed in black. Of course, speculation snowballed into making me the poster boy for everything that is bad in the world. These two idiots weren't wearing makeup, and they weren't dressed like me or like goths. Since Middle America has not heard of the music they did listen to (KMFDM and Rammstein, among others), the media picked something they thought was similar.

Responsible journalists have reported with less publicity that Harris and Klebold were not Marilyn Manson fans -- that they even disliked my music. Even if they were fans, that gives them no excuse, nor does it mean that music is to blame. Did we look for James Huberty's inspiration when he gunned down people at McDonald's? What did Timothy McVeigh like to watch? What about David Koresh, Jim Jones? Do you think entertainment inspired Kip Kinkel, or should we blame the fact that his father bought him the guns he used in the Springfield, Oregon, murders? What inspires Bill Clinton to blow people up in Kosovo? Was it something that Monica Lewinsky said to him? Isn't killing just killing, regardless if it's in Vietnam or Jonesboro, Arkansas? Why do we justify one, just because it seems to be for the right reasons? Should there ever be a right reason? If a kid is old enough to drive a car or buy a gun, isn't he old enough to be held personally responsible for what he does with his car or gun? Or if he's a teenager, should someone else be blamed because he isn't as enlightened as an eighteen-year-old?

America loves to find an icon to hang its guilt on. But, admittedly, I have assumed the role of Antichrist; I am the Nineties voice of individuality, and people tend to associate anyone who looks and behaves differently with illegal or immoral activity. Deep down, most adults hate people who go against the grain. It's comical that people are naive enough to have forgotten Elvis, Jim Morrison and Ozzy so quickly. All of them were subjected to the same age-old arguments, scrutiny and prejudice. I wrote a song called "Lunchbox," and some journalists have interpreted it as a song about guns. Ironically, the song is about being picked on and fighting back with my Kiss lunch box, which I used as a weapon on the playground. In 1979, metal lunch boxes were banned because they were considered dangerous weapons in the hands of delinquents. I also wrote a song called "Get Your Gunn." The title is spelled with two n's because the song was a reaction to the murder of Dr. David Gunn, who was killed in Florida by pro-life activists while I was living there. That was the ultimate hypocrisy I witnessed growing up: that these people killed someone in the name of being "pro-life."

The somewhat positive messages of these songs are usually the ones that sensationalists misinterpret as promoting the very things I am decrying. Right now, everyone is thinking of how they can prevent things like Littleton. How do you prevent AIDS, world war, depression, car crashes? We live in a free country, but with that freedom there is a burden of personal responsibility. Rather than teaching a child what is moral and immoral, right and wrong, we first and foremost can establish what the laws that govern us are. You can always escape hell by not believing in it, but you cannot escape death and you cannot escape prison.

It is no wonder that kids are growing up more cynical; they have a lot of information in front of them. They can see that they are living in a world that's made of bullshit. In the past, there was always the idea that you could turn and run and start something better. But now America has become one big mall, and because of the Internet and all of the technology we have, there's nowhere to run. People are the same everywhere. Sometimes music, movies and books are the only things that let us feel like someone else feels like we do. I've always tried to let people know it's OK, or better, if you don't fit into the program. Use your imagination -- if some geek from Ohio can become something, why can't anyone else with the willpower and creativity?

I chose not to jump into the media frenzy and defend myself, though I was begged to be on every single TV show in existence. I didn't want to contribute to these fame-seeking journalists and opportunists looking to fill their churches or to get elected because of their self-righteous finger-pointing. They want to blame entertainment? Isn't religion the first real entertainment? People dress up in costumes, sing songs and dedicate themselves in eternal fandom. Everyone will agree that nothing was more entertaining than Clinton shooting off his prick and then his bombs in true political form. And the news -- that's obvious. So is entertainment to blame? I'd like media commentators to ask themselves, because their coverage of the event was some of the most gruesome entertainment any of us have seen.

I think that the National Rifle Association is far too powerful to take on, so most people choose Doom, The Basketball Diaries or yours truly. This kind of controversy does not help me sell records or tickets, and I wouldn't want it to. I'm a controversial artist, one who dares to have an opinion and bothers to create music and videos that challenge people's ideas in a world that is watered-down and hollow. In my work I examine the America we live in, and I've always tried to show people that the devil we blame our atrocities on is really just each one of us. So don't expect the end of the world to come one day out of the blue -- it's been happening every day for a long time.

MARILYN MANSON
(May 28, 1999)

Posted May 28, 1999 12:00 AM
dronepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #6930
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Pac-Man made me a crack fiend.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #6931
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Angle View Post
If only there was a smaller case which didn't cost a bomb. so there wasn't a mammoth in my living room...

If only there was a pc which at the press of the power button, launched up Big Picture Mode...
So you're a retard switching it from capacity to use on a TV to convenience.

Gotcha.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #6932
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

I'm not following this Piston shit too closely (in part because the idea of a consolised PC strikes me as the worst of both worlds), but have they even announced a single press boot of Big Picture?
Old 03-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #6933
ClockShot
TPWW Fire Pro Champ

ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
If it ain't gun control, it's violent video games. And vice versa. Newtown opened up one big pandora's box.

This is just the Halo 3 kid all over again.
ClockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #6934
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:

Gotcha.
Unnecessary. Don't shoot the rabbit eating your berry garden with a rocket launcher. Waste of good berries.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:06 AM   #6935
Extreme Angle

Quote:

Gotcha.
Yup.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #6936
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
Unnecessary. Don't shoot the rabbit eating your berry garden with a rocket launcher. Waste of good berries.
honestly, it was mostly surprise. I don't remember EA being as phenomenally stupid as he's demonstrated on this topic and the whole EA and crash topics, for that matter.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #6937
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Daily Gaming News:
1) According to the NPD, the Xbox 360 and Dead Space 3 ended up being the best selling console and game for the month of February. Hardware sales managed to rise compared to last month but are 25% lower compared to last year.
http://www.destructoid.com/npd-hardw...p-248732.phtml

2) Assassin's Creed Rising Phoenix currently rumored to be another Assassin's Creed spin-off title for the PS Vita with a release date of October 10.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-spin-off.aspx

3) Supposed box art for Battlefield 4 was recently leaked along with rumors of a teaser trailer expected to arrive later today. EA has confirmed the game will officially debut on March 26.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...g-later-today/
http://www.destructoid.com/battlefie...h-248812.phtml

4) According to recent trademark news, Nintendo was granted another trademark extension for the Eternal Darkness IP with the trademark being applied on December of last year.
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=198171
Old 03-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #6938
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Quote:
honestly, it was mostly surprise. I don't remember EA being as phenomenally stupid as he's demonstrated on this topic and the whole EA and crash topics, for that matter.
Well that I get.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #6939
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball View Post
Daily Gaming News:
1) According to the NPD, the Xbox 360 and Dead Space 3 ended up being the best selling console and game for the month of February. Hardware sales managed to rise compared to last month but are 25% lower compared to last year.
http://www.destructoid.com/npd-hardw...p-248732.phtml
That would be worth noting if it was a Fall release. I bet I'd have the best taco stand in Nowhere, USA in a post-apocalyptic era.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #6940
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Quote:
That would be worth noting if it was a Fall release. I bet I'd have the best taco stand in Nowhere, USA in a post-apocalyptic era.
"We're up 25% from last year, too."
Old 03-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #6941
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Daily Gaming News:
1) According to EA, SimCity has managed to sell about 1.1 million copies since launch. The list of games available for the free game offer was also recently revealed along with the offer lasting until March 30.
http://www.destructoid.com/simcity-h...h-249017.phtml
http://www.destructoid.com/ea-s-free...4-249002.phtml

2) John Riccitiello, announces he has resigned as the CEO of EA with the move due to the poor financial performance of both EA's stocks and big name projects since mid-to-late 2011.
http://www.destructoid.com/john-ricc...o-249028.phtml

3) Even though Thief 4 will be a reboot of the series, Edios Montreal stated the game still allows non-lethal play-thoroughs to be possible and is part of the several gameplay styles being planned for the game.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...play-throughs/

4) Microsoft reiterates once again they have zero plans to released Halo games on Steam nor making PC versions of Halo 3 (and Halo 4).
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...ion-of-halo-3/
Old 03-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #6942
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Damn Micro$oft.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #6943
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Did I do that right?
Old 03-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #6944
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

You could settle for M$.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #6945
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Daily Gaming News:
1) Update to the Xbox Entertainment Awards as Microsoft has suspended the contest due to hackers being able to get access to roughly 3000 accounts from those who had voted before it was pulled down.
http://www.screwattack.com/news/aler...80%99re-hacked

2) According to developer Dontnod Entertainment, the studio had a hard time trying to find a publisher for Remember Me due to the majority of the publishers did not want the main character to be a female.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...e-protagonist/

3) The developer for Super Meat Boy claims the push for DRM is more harmful than fighting piracy for gaming due to his reasons involving the large amounts of money wasted on DRM and its track record of hurting legit customers more than pirates on a disproportionate scale.
http://www.destructoid.com/super-mea...y-249054.phtml

4) EA will be defending its crown as the "worst company in America" after The Consumerist has released the brackets for this year's tournament.
http://consumerist.com/2013/03/18/he...ca-tournament/
Old 03-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #6946
ClockShot
TPWW Fire Pro Champ

ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think Carnival might knock them off this year.
ClockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #6947
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Red face

If Halo is not on Steam by the middle of 2014, I will be very shocked. Not only the database entries in Steam itself but it's also got an entry in the latest AMD drivers too.

There's speculation that MS might leverage Steam for some rudimentary backwards compatibility as the next XBox will be x86 and based on DirectX. There's nothing in the hardware that would make it difficult, but I'd be shocked if MS didn't use their own platform for that rather than Steam.

But if they're porting the greatest hits of the 360 to x86 for BC purposes, it would make sense to get some extra cash on another platform that isn't a threat to their business too.
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #6948
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Is there a demand for a Halo game for Steam? Seems strange to me.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #6949
VSG
Hazardous to Your Health

VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I would buy it if only for the mods.
VSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #6950
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

It's unlikely Microsoft would allow a mod kit for Halo, it would undermine a fairly key feature of the last few games.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #6951
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockShot View Post
I think Carnival might knock them off this year.
Last time they were up against banks that nearly killed the country. Never underestimate the power of butthurt gamers in large numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball View Post
2) According to developer Dontnod Entertainment, the studio had a hard time trying to find a publisher for Remember Me due to the majority of the publishers did not want the main character to be a female.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...e-protagonist/
Sexism in gaming? Now I've seen everything!

Quote:
Is there a demand for a Halo game for Steam? Seems strange to me.
PC fans are retarded. They resent games being exclusive to something other than the PC, but then proceed to shit on it when they get it.

They will likely hem and haw and petition for Halo 3/4 then whine that it's for "console scrubs," because that's how neckbeards roll.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #6952
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

That's exactly what was on my mind. The PC gamer attitude is prevalent enough for a 'PC Master Race' meme to develop. They see console games as overly simplified, inferior things - but petition for specifically console created games to appear on their platform. Then they complain that x-console game plays and operates like a console game. And don't get me started on how companies have data supporting that certain games and franchises would literally be wasteful to port to a PC versus what they'd gain after the fact.

Tekken producer Harada noted on Twitter that there is no gain in porting Tekken to PC and the Tekken community loses their fucking minds like he's on some Cliffy B 'talking out ass' thing. He wasn't and isn't. C'mon, kiddies.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #6953
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

The best thing about the "PC Gamer Master Race" meme is that it originated in mocking PC elitism. So I just amuse myself with that.

Gamers in general are falsely entitled and lack self-awareness. It seems like PC gamers tend to have even more of it.

And yeah, it doesn't make sense to port some games. I like the butthurt behind controller optimised games existing on the PC after people begged, pleaded and threw tantrums to get it there. If I developed for a game like that, I'd close shop.

Which is kind of a shame. There's less and less reason to buy a console, so if I could get my "consolised" games on PC as well, I'd probably never buy another console.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #6954
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Life is poetic like that.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:06 AM   #6955
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Life is a boat.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:35 AM   #6956
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Little League's Yale giving his spin on Metal Gear Solid. Can you identify the kid-ified characters?

Old 03-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #6957
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Daily Gaming News:
1) Namco teasing Tekken X Street Fighter might be cancelled for the Xbox 360 and PS3 in favor of being released only for next gen consoles.
http://www.screwattack.com/news/tekk...atform-release

2) A recent batch of rumors involving the Next Xbox include having a "massive" hard drive, no ability to play from actual discs (only used for installing), and requires an "Always On" internet connection.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...not-supported/

3) According to recent rumors, Final Fantasy Versus XIII has been renamed as Final Fantasy XV and is a PS4 exclusive due to Sony joining as co-developers for the game.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...ps4-exclusive/

4) Microsoft announces the Xbox Live Spring Sale starts next week and lasts till April 2nd. Square Enix is currently having their own Spring sale from now till March 27 involving a 25% discount on retail games and a 50% discount for digital games.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...off-next-week/
http://www.destructoid.com/square-en...w-249175.phtml
Old 03-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #6958
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

I thought Squeenix's sale already ended.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:47 PM   #6959
VSG
Hazardous to Your Health

VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)VSG makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Big sale on Origin going on this week. Too bad Origin is shit on PC.
VSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #6960
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Daily Gaming News:
1) DICE announces a free in-game dog tag for Battlefield 3 is available for anyone who visits the Battlefield 4 teaser website while also teasing sea battles will be a feature in BF 4.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...r-bf3-players/
http://www.destructoid.com/battlefie...s-249281.phtml

2) According to Capcom Unity, Capcom vs SNK 2 is planned to be released for PSN next month with the release date to be decided by Sony.
http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-vs...l-249222.phtml

3) Valve has recently launched a new service for Steam called "Early Access" which allows games to be purchased and playable while they are still in development.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/...-early-access/