View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #2926
mitchables
bonjour

mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
thor was really good. went to a preview screening a couple nights ago. i actually enjoyed it a lot more than i thought i was going to. the tone was bang on. hemsworth did a good job of transitioning the character from brash and arrogant to benevolent and heroic. natalie portman is probably the weakest choice cast-wise, because for all her trumpeting about preparing for the role by looking at real-life female scientists and their struggle to be heard and taken seriously, she kind of comes off a bit schoolgirlish throughout, all giggles and embarrassed silence around buff people claiming to be gods. guy that plays heimdall is fantastic. not a huge role but a pivotal one, and he is awesome in it. everyone else was generally pretty good too. agent coulson was, as always, a treat (upon seeing the destroyer for the first time: "is that one of stark's?") - and the appearance of hawkeye was really well done. it hints at who you'll see before you see them, but for anyone who's read the comics it's immediately obvious, and a nice set-up for a couple films down the road.

overall though, really strong outing from marvel. definitely not the runt of the litter as predicted. go check it out feeling good about the prospect guys, because it's actually a pleasantly surprising film.
mitchables is offline   Reply With Quote