View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 10:59 AM   #153
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dronepool View Post
That's where the double standard comes in- girls can be gay because it turns guys on, so it's okay to watch lesbos get it on because it gives the fans a boner then come the hundreds of thousands of fan girls (and numerous gay guys who like wrestling) who are glad to get their pussies wet when they see two guys doing stuff.
The vast majority of wrestling fans are males, usually between the age of puberty and 30. The majority of the males are straight. now, you might want to argue a larger social context, and I agree there's a double standard, but why would you market two dudes kissing in a genre where you're trying to court a predominantly straight male fanbase? You could argue fan service, but the women are, as you said, already wetting themselves over two men grappling.

Socially, girls can also be gay because of the "normalcy" factor. Even if it doesn't give a guy a boner, they can understand better why a chick would want pussy than a dude dick. Is it right? No, but it exists, and if you want to address social norms and evolution of perspective, pro wrestling will be a lagging indicator. Wrestling is a conservative business with largely conservative fan base. Ironic, since it's a Queen's club, too, but that doesn't change much.

Being a gay wrestling fan is fine, but one should understand he is not only a minority, but a hated one. Being a gay wrestling fan is practically self abuse, but I would never tell anyone they shouldn't be a wrestling fan because of it. However, it's utterly retarded to expect such a culture to cater to you. It may be childish to go "ew, two guys kissing," but if you seriously expect the average wrestling fan to be more evolved than the average Joe, your expectations are unrealistic and borderline stupid.

Women in wrestling are largely trophies or fuck dolls. Women attracted to wrestling tend to already be drawn because of the dudes doing stuff that is incredibly homoerotic. And alienating a major part of your fanbase (childish homophobes who like watching oily men spoon) for a minor part is fucking stupid.

If they want gays kissing, they can go watch LOGO. I seriously doubt anyone got into wrestling with any delusion that it was some sort of open minded community that welcomes people. It was only in the last few years that "gay tendencies" didn't make someone almost an instant heel. Hell, Muhammad Hassan got booed before he did anything heelish for saying things like "I am an arab American" and "Praise Allah."

Oh, and he had a manager that spoke ferner.

I'm pretty sure pro wrestling will end up being one of the last bastions of televised homophobia. Probably not the last, but they still televise evangelical douchebags. And daytime talk shows.

And Fox News.

And...You get my point.q
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote