View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 12:35 PM   #4298
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Christian is definitely interesting in AEW. Will he improve ratings for Dynamite? I doubt it but he could a bit if used well. The thing is that I don't see a ton of obvious stories for him there. I don't see one obvious rivalry that jumps out at me. Now eventually getting involved with MJF would probably yeild some great results, and a match with Omega would be pretty cool too but other than that I'm not sure where he fits in. I could see good stuff with Penta, Fenix, Kingston, Archer but they will have to generate some interest there for sure. Like, if Angle had been the choice and he was capable of working at a higher level than his last WWE run then I would've seen him pairing up with any of the top young talents looking to get a win over one of the GOAT's. Obviously his day has gone and he probably can't work like he'd like to. Christian on the other hand has had some great matches and is capable of a lot. I'm certainly going to give him a chance here. Truthfully there aren't many stars available under 45 years old or thereabouts so I guess that just is what it is. We ragged on WCW in the late 90's and for pushing stars in their early to mid 40's, what we considered has beens and too old. But I think this is the cycle of the industry, pulling in stars of olden times when available has always been a promotional tactic in every company that has been of consequence. If AEW is ever able to snag a true recent WWE contract expiree, someone who's age is more viable like Seth Rollins or Big E, that will be the major feeling of OOOOH SHIT we've all wanted since the days of Luger showing up on Nitro, or X-Pac returning to Raw in 98.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote