View Single Post
Old 01-07-2024, 06:45 PM   #52
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I can see Cody winning the Rumble, Rock costing Roman the belt. It would create a stir and avoids the problem of Rock needing to “earn” a title shot.

Cody doesn’t need to win the belt off Roman. He just wants the WWE Championship. Orton would seem like the obvious choice to work with Cody since they’ve got the history and something of a story. I don’t know why, but I can see LA Knight winning at the Rumble, just to “make” the guy. LA Knight then loses the belt when a heel fucks him over in the Chamber.

Actually imagining someone holding the belt other than Roman seems off, but I can see Rock being conscious that his story with Roman gets more out of Rock being an active agent in messing with Roman. I can see there being slight concepts from Rock’s camp that if he, say, wins the Rumble or they just announce the match for the belt, there is a chance of backlash — even if it is performative.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote