Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2021, 01:41 AM   #2997
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWFRick View Post

Vince Russo and Glen Gilberti called it. Punk and Daniels did nothing for the ratings and were not game changers at all. AEW didn't know how to book them because the owner is a dirt sheet mark sheep. Just wait until the TBS move where the ratings will tank even more and watch the AEW marks trying to come up with more and more excuses for why their 30 min matches don't draw.
They’re right. Mainly Disco (let’s not give Russo credit). Every time AEW has had a spike, the people they attract vote with their remotes. It doesn’t fit the narrative that this is the cool, hip product, but it’s the unavoidable reality — people just ain’t that into you.

I don’t blame Punk and I don’t blame Bryan as much as others (and there are good arguments there). I blame the entire philosophy around this product and what it chooses to surround potential draws in.

When AEW goes to TBS, I think it is going to be a bit of an eye-opener for people. I think that when Dynamite came to TNT, it just replaced a movie or something? Dynamite is going to be knocking back people’s sitcom time. Warner might get some feedback from people about wrestling intruding into their leisure time. AEW needs to be more valuable than a sitcom block. A lot of people are predicting a long-term move into the millions. That number is possible on TNT, but their quality holds them back. TBS is in more homes, but it doesn’t mean more people are going to watch it. I can see the move doing a lot of damage to a segment of the audience and them never coming back.

They’ve got a happy accident with the West Coast coming back. But that does not count for hundreds and thousands of people. Which is sad when you think about the population of it. They’re going to need to bring it when they jump, and I don’t think they know how. Evidence: Their inability to hold viewers after they do something to encourage new people to sample.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote