View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 10:04 AM   #58977
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vastardikai View Post
I mean, think of how squick it is when folks bring up stuff like Cuties. Or Child Beauty Pageants. Or Dance Moms. Think about the backlash when Izzy the Superfan got chokeslammed by Effy in a match.

Now, just imagine if there were all female promotions in the US that featured girls Izzy's age in under card matches. And the Audience watching these contests were primarily men. The moral outrage would be through the roof. Unless TLC got a hold of the TV rights, then it'd be a ratings smash for them.

The thing I just described? That's Joshi Wrestling. It's also why the fanbase of New Japan has resisted efforts to bring Joshi stars into the company, because there are a great number of female fans that don't want to be around perverts. And Japan didn't really have much of a "Me Too" movement, let alone a "Speaking Out" movement. Imagine the things that would have come out if it did.

I remember watching the AJPW women in the 80s and all you could hear is a wail of sound coming from young female fans. It's nothing like I've ever heard before.
Bad News Gertner is offline   Reply With Quote