View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 02:21 AM   #3452
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think Grant's problem is he doesn't follow thru on anything he writes. He introduces twists and new plot developments and tends to leave them as is. I heard Kathy Kane was revealed alive in Batman Inc. I imagine nothing will come of this.

Final Crisis for all it's hype, ended up being dull and was way overshadowed by Blackest Night and Flashpoint. Batman RIP promised 'the most shocking moment in Batman's 70 year history,' and ended with Batman disappearing in the Gotham River in a helicopter explosion.

For everything I enjoy, such as the explanation for Batman's wacky adventures in the 60's and Bat-Mite, and the existence of Damian, there are all the things Grant starts and never resolves, like Dr. Hurt, Damian making a deal with the devil, the entire storyline of Mandrakk the Monitor, etc.

I was reading an interview with him where he discussed his take on Wonder Woman and I caught myself going 'oh, that sounds interesting' and then remembered it was Grant Morrison and it will go absolutely nowhere with any form of resolution, just ideas thrown up all over the place.
slik is offline   Reply With Quote