View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 04:50 PM   #1428
BigDaddyCool
Pelvic Sorcerer

BigDaddyCool makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)BigDaddyCool makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)BigDaddyCool makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)BigDaddyCool makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)BigDaddyCool makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)BigDaddyCool makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)BigDaddyCool makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)BigDaddyCool makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)BigDaddyCool makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)BigDaddyCool makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)BigDaddyCool makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)BigDaddyCool makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)BigDaddyCool makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
I never said that I wouldn't like the movie just because you can see the outline of his toes. I've overlooked far more stupid decisions in movies in order to enjoy them or give them a chance. What I'm saying is that the whole concept of having his feet and legs look he's wearing chronic-green spandex leggings is stupid and not "super-hero-ish" at all. Name one other superhero who runs around in their bare feet. It feels like a decision that was made by the designers of the GL costume that was extremely poorly thought out and one that was made really without taking the hardcore fans into consideration (of which I am not one, btw). Captain America looks like Captain America, Batman looks like Batman (and more badass than ever, tbh), Iron Man looks like Iron Man... this Green Lantern doesn't really look like any GL that's been around before, and NOT in a bad ass, awesome and new kind of way. In a bad way.

The toes were a stupid decision and no, it won't effect me in trying to enjoy the story or the acting or the movie as a whole, but I am aware of it and I do think it sucks.
Beast and occasionally Killer Crock...but you are suppose to see their toes.

And I was thinking...spider-man in the black/venom costume would have made some what of sense if I could see his toes. Not that I want to see his toes, just thinking it wouldn't have bothered me. And I do thinking about it, how does he climb walls with his feet if there is a pad of rubber or leather or whatever between him and the wall? So with Spider-Man it would make sense if he was wearing something that you could see his toes through, not aesthetically pleasing, but logical.
BigDaddyCool is offline   Reply With Quote