View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 03:40 PM   #7
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I remember my friend making a big stink about the first one but that petered out fairly quickly. I never played past the second game. I don't know what it was specifically but I couldn't get that invested in the story. The control scheme took while to get used to especially when it felt like I was controlling ten tons of tractor instead of a person. It offers a lot of neat set pieces and it's hard to not get attached to some of the characters, Carmine in particular. Graphically, it takes full advantage of the engine and some of the enemies are cool but it's artistically dull to look at and nothing really differentiates one title from another visually. If you were to take a random screenshot from one of the first three games and show it to me asking me from which entry it's from, I doubt I'd be able to do it. So, it's a bit of a mixed bag for me. I did enjoy the second game slightly better, though. I guess a 3 will have to do for this one.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote