View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 08:28 PM   #211
Mike the Metal Ed
VALENTÍA

Mike the Metal Ed puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mike the Metal Ed puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mike the Metal Ed puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mike the Metal Ed puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mike the Metal Ed puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mike the Metal Ed puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mike the Metal Ed puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mike the Metal Ed puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mike the Metal Ed puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
OK, I booked Spring Stampede:

Dark Match
Ernest Miller vs Goldust vs Chris Kanyon vs The Sandman.

Match Background: This will be a four corners bout.

The Match: Trying to channel the spirit of Misawa, The Sandman ends up chanelling Lex Luger instead and nails a running forearm to the face, minus the steel plate, of course. The Sandman with a spinning neckbreaker on Miller. There's a two count on the pin. Miller kicks The Sandman in the gut to reverse the momentum. Tag between Ernest Miller and Goldust. Goldust slams The Sandman down and motions to the crowd. The ref is bumped, as goes down after accidentally getting caught by an elbow to the face. Spear! Sandman is down! Hooks the leg, but the referee is still out! Goldust slams The Sandman down and motions to the crowd. Sandman backdrops Goldust out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of The Sandman. Sandman tags out to Chris Kanyon. Spear by Chris Kanyon. A Gut buster connects on Goldust and hits hard. Goldust powers out of a Chris Kanyon headlock. BIG clothesline on Kanyon. Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Goldust connects and Chris Kanyon is down! Tag to The Sandman. The Sandman with a spinning neckbreaker on Kanyon. Death valley driver by The Sandman! No one executes that move properly anymore. Chris Kanyon is in trouble. White Russian Leg Sweep! 1....2....3.

My Opinion: *1\2 rating. Hey, you wanted to make it harder on yourself, right?

68%
=====
A video is played, hyping the Triple H vs Undertaker feud.

90%
=====
Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Billy Kidman.

Match Background: This will be a ladder bout. This is a continuation of the Kidman vs Mysterio feud. This match is for the WCW Cruiserweight title. Billy Kidman has been WCW Cruiserweight champion since 15 April 2004.

The Match: Billy Kidman kicks the leg, knocks Mysterio down, and goes to work on it. Dropkick into the ladder by Kidman, sending it into Mysterio! Flying elbow from Billy Kidman connects. Mysterio takes a flying neckbreaker from Billy Kidman. Kidman goes for a splash but Mysterio puts the knees up. Dropkick from the middle of the ladder by Mysterio. GORGEOUS Spinning bulldog in the corner and Kidman is down. Rey Mysterio Jr. misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Flying cross body off the top rope! DDT from the top rope by Billy Kidman. That looked KILLER. Billy Kidman gets taken down out of nowhere! Spinning back kick from Rey Mysterio Jr.. Mysterio drops an elbow...but Billy Kidman moves out of the way. Second rope flying axe handle, Mysterio goes down. One day, Kidman might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. They both begin to climb the ladder. Once they reach the top, an exchange of punches starts! Kidman grabs Mysterio...and sends him crashing to the canvas! Billy Kidman grabs the prize for the victory. Jamie Noble comes running down the aisle with a chair! Billy Kidman is just leaving the ring...and Noble scores with a brutal chair shot! Billy Kidman falls to the floor holding his head.

My Opinion: I can be generous sometimes. Well, depends on your definition of generous. **1/4.

Road Agent:
Billy Kidman gained 4 points of overness from this feud ending. Rey Mysterio Jr. gained 2 points of overness from this feud ending. The WCW Cruiserweight title has gained in image.

75%
=====
We see Bret Hart arriving backstage.

77%
=====
Raven vs Terry Funk vs Sabu.

Match Background: This will be a hardcore bout. This match is for the WCW Hardcore TV title. Raven has been WCW Hardcore TV champion since 01 April 2004.

The Match: Raven slams Terry Funk. Trying to channel the spirit of Misawa, Raven ends up chanelling Lex Luger instead and nails a running forearm to the face, minus the steel plate, of course. Terry Funk is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Terry Funk uses a big bag of popcorn to floor Raven. I wonder if butter adds impact. Spinebuster by Sabu. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Fallaway slam by Raven puts down Sabu. Sabu counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Funker \ Sabu whip Raven into the corner. Terry Funk whips Sabu in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. Terry Funk scores with a standing spinebuster. Sabu uses a big bag of popcorn to floor Funker. I wonder if butter adds impact. Terry Funk fights out of a grapple. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Raven by Funker. Remember when that was a legit finish? Terry Funk floors Raven. Here it comes...Spinning Toe Hold! Raven taps!

My Opinion: These guys worked SO HARD...for a ** rating. Something went wrong somewhere, didn't it?

Road Agent:
The WCW Hardcore TV title has gained in image. Sabu is losing overness because of his weak gimmick.

72%
=====
Razor Ramon vs Booker T.

Match Background: This is a continuation of the Razor vs Booker feud. This match is for the WCW United States title. Booker T has been WCW United States champion since 25 March 2004.

The Match: Trying to channel the spirit of Misawa, Razor Ramon ends up chanelling Lex Luger instead and nails a running forearm to the face, minus the steel plate, of course. Razor Ramon gets taken down out of nowhere! Booker slams Razor Ramon. Razor Ramon charges, Booker moves, and the referee is knocked silly! Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Booker T connects and Razor Ramon is down! Hooks the leg, but the referee is still out! Razor reverses a Booker T hammerlock. Bodyslam by Razor. Full nelson slam on Booker. Hooks the leg for a two count. Razor Ramon scores with a standing spinebuster. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Booker T reverses a hip toss. Spear by Booker T. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Razor blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Razor Ramon gets whipped into the corner. Booker charges in, but into a pair of raised boots. Razor uses a roll up, with feet on the second rope! The referee hasn't seen it: 1....2....3!! Razor Ramon goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

My Opinion: I'll give it a *1\2 rating. Consider getting more stars to be the adventure of a lifetime. Get started.

Road Agent:
Razor Ramon gained 2 points of overness from this match. Razor Ramon gained 2 points of overness from this feud ending. Booker T lost 2 points of overness from this feud ending. The WCW United States title has gained in image.

73%
=====
Undertaker vs Triple H.

Match Background: This will be a special guest referee bout. Bret Hart will be the referee for this match. HHH and Undertaker have been feuding recently. Undertaker has yet to get an in-ring victory in this feud. This match is for the WCW World Heavyweight title.

The Match: HHH is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. HHH backdrops Undertaker out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Triple H. HHH hits a right hand. The referee bumps after catching a wild right hand and is down. Brutal sit out powerbomb on Undertaker! Hooks the leg, but the referee is still out! Undertaker counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. BIG clothesline on HHH. Spinebuster by Undertaker. Covers for a quick two count. Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Undertaker connects and Triple H is down! Pin, but HHH is out just before the three count. Triple H powers out of a Undertaker headlock. Full nelson slam on Undertaker. Pin, but Undertaker is out just before the three count. Undertaker kicks Triple H in the gut to reverse the momentum. Triple H is in control. Bret Hart comes up behind...low blow! HHH collapses to the floor. Undertaker takes the advantage. Triple H is in trouble. Tombstone Piledriver! 1....2....3. Bret Hart attacks HHH. Bret Hart has Triple H down on the canvas. Sharpshooter!!! Triple H goes limp! Bret Hart leaves HHH on the mat.

My Opinion: I'm capable of giving out high star ratings...but only for matches that really deserve it. This one didn't. **1/4.

Road Agent:
Triple H gained 2 points of overness from this feud ending. Undertaker gained 6 points of overness from this feud ending. The WCW World Heavyweight title has gained in image.

89%
=====
Sting is backstage. I'm actually looking forward to this and you should too! He was on Hype Central (HYPE CENTRAL!!!) tonight, this time for a match with Ric Flair. Can you believe that I just marked out for Lance Wright? How many people even remember that guy?

89%
=====
Ric Flair vs Sting.

Match Background: This will be a submission bout. Flair and Sting have been feuding for quite some time now. Neither has managed to get an in-ring victory in this feud.

The Match: Nice piledriver on Flair. Ric Flair powers out of a Sting headlock. Sting receives some punishment by Ric Flair but with that horrid offense, we're the only ones truly being punished. Sting takes a vertical suplex, but pops right back up. Ric Flair with a badly-executed spinning neckbreaker on Sting. One more performed that badly and this match will end on a bad note, if you get my drift. Sting ducks a wild right hand. Sting hits a bulldog off the ropes. Sting scores with a standing spinebuster. BIG clothesline on Flair. Ric Flair comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Ric Flair hits a right hand on Sting. Sloppy discus punch from Ric Flair barely connects on Sting. Triple H comes running down the aisle with a chair! Flair goes to irish whip Sting into the ropes. HHH hits Sting with a chair to the back! Ric Flair has Sting down...and locks in the Figure Four Leglock for the submission victory! Sting offers a handshake to Flair...and he accepts it! No! Ric Flair levels Sting with a cheap shot right hand! Ric Flair drops Sting to the canvas. Ric Flair quickly locks on the Figure Four Leglock! Sting has been floored after the match.

My Opinion: Not good enough to earn an entire star. 3/4* for you.

Road Agent:
Ric Flair was sluggish and didn't put much effort in. Sting gained 3 points of overness from this feud ending.

82%
=====
Overall: 81%, better than most of my Nitro's, but it lost to Wrestlemania

PPV Stats: We got a 1.77 buy rate for 'Spring Stampede'!
The attendance was 20480 people.
We made $4425000 from pay-per-view revenue.
We made $1228800 from ticket sales.
Mike the Metal Ed is offline   Reply With Quote