View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 11:07 PM   #1120
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I have two more newly-minted main eventers. AJ Styles and Sean Waltman bring my main-event total to nine people. That's kinda nuts for TNA.

AJ Styles
Alex Shelley
Chris Sabin
Christian Cage
Christopher Daniels
Jeff Jarrett
Raven
Rhino
Sean Waltman

Since I have so damned much time until the next PPV (SEVEN weeks!), I started a 16-man double-elimination tournament to decide who would face Jarrett for the title. The plan right now is for Christopher Daniels to win the tournament, beating his rival Raven in the finals (after Raven knocks him into the losers' bracket in the third round).

Early tourney wins are what put AJ and Waltman into the main event. The tournament is made up of the eight guys who aren't Jarrett listed above as well as Jeff Hardy, Abyss, Ron Killings, Sabu, and both members of Team 3D and America's Most Wanted.

I planned out every outcome of every match for the next seven weeks, so I hope I don't have any setbacks like injuries or AJ going back into rehab. James Storm actually is hurt, but he hurt himself at a house show the day after he got his second loss of the tournament to AJ, so it worked out okay.

So far I'm planning:

World Title: Jeff Jarrett vs. Christopher Daniels
Tag Team Titles: Team 3D vs. Abyss & Sabu
Undetermined Gimmick Match (Feud-Ender): Matt Bentley vs. CM Punk
Christian Cage vs. Sean Waltman
Rhino vs. Raven (These guys have put on several 100% quality matches)

Also, I released A-1, Eric Young, and Scott D'Amore (who insisted on leaving when I released A-1) and signed Chris Hero, Sexxxy Eddie, and Sonny Siaki to developmental deals. I'll probably bring in Hero and Siaki on the Impact after the PPV, since Jerry Jarrett thinks they've learned all they'll learn down there. It's odd, though. Beyond my top couple of tiers of guys, I really don't use that many people. Siaki and Hero will just get lost in the shuffle (as Siaki did once before when I released him the first time when I was cutting costs) like the Team Canada members did.
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote