View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 PM   #2114
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
NOVEMBER 19, 2004 - SMACKDOWN!

Five nights after the Survivor Series and four after the huge World War 3 event on RAW, SmackDown! hits the ground on the road to Starrcade running with the announcement of huge matches for the pay-per-view as well as two blockbuster announcements regarding the future of some of WWE's top titles! Plus, WW3 winner Brock Lesnar chooses which champion he will challenge at Starrcade!

We kick off the show with the Dudley Boyz taking on the new team of Test and Trent Acid, a team calling themselves Blood Test. The new duo put on an impressive show, but the experience of the Dudleyz proves too much as they catch Acid with the 3-D for the win.

Brock Lesnar's music hits, and Cornette and Wilson talk about him not wanting to wait to issue his challenge. He must already know who he wants! Lesnar talks about his history with both Rhyno and The Rock. He talks about the classic matches he's had with The Rock, and he talks about how Rhyno had his chance to be part of the most dominant group in wrestling last year, and he turned it down to try and earn a title shot that never happened. Well, Rhyno, you said Monday night that you wanted me to win so you could finally prove you were better than me. Here I am, title shot in hand, and I'm granting your greatest wish. But at Starrcade, I'm going to once again prove to be your worst nightmare!

I accidentally double-clicked past it, but Matt Hardy Version 2.0 (conspicuously without the World Tag Team Title belt) beat John Cena thanks to interference from Christian.

Chris Jericho is backstage when Eddie Guerrero confronts him. Eddie's not sure why Jericho decided to cost him World War 3, but there will be other opportunities for the title. Eddie knows he's got years ahead of him, and his opportunity will arise again. But there's a brief window open for the one thing he really wants. And that's to kick Jericho's ass at Starrcade! Jericho jaws back and accepts the challenge!

We're still waiting for details on the sexual-harassment allegations that Chris Kanyon is levying against Rico, but tonight they'll get a chance at getting their hands on each other as Kanyon brings his Metro Connection partner Billy Gunn with him to take on Rico and The Hurricane! Solid match up until the Metros' apparent running buddy Mark Henry and their attorney Avery Thompson hit the ring and take out Rico allowing Kanyon to hit I'm Betta Than You for the win. After the match, the Metros continue to pummel Rico and The Hurricane, and clearly whatever is brewing here is far from over!

The first Diva member of the Elite Mickie James is backstage and she cuts a promo on the tournament that's starting on RAW to determine a #1 contender for Trish Stratus' Women's Title. Mickie knows that she's the dominant Diva in WWE, and her Elite status proves that. But if she has to work her way through eight other Divas to earn that shot at Starrcade, so be it.

Up next is a 4.5-star classic for the Cruiserweight Title as Tajiri defends against Paul London! Since the match was so good, I'll let the game's write-up tell the story: Standing leg lariat by Paul London on Tajiri. Paul London misses a clothesline. Tajiri fires off some right and left hands. London reverses an irish whip...and Tajiri runs into the referee. Back heel kick off the second rope, London goes down. Cover, but there's no one to count for Tajiri. London blocks a kick from Tajiri. Legsweep out of Nowhere. Where is Nowhere, and why do moves keep coming out of there? Does it have a factory? Super kick by Paul London. Cover for a two count. Diamond Dust from Paul London, Tajiri is out. Pin, but Tajiri is out just before the three count. Tajiri pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Flying cross body off the top rope! I'll give a 0.8 on the Steamboat scale for that effort. Pin : 1 - 2 - 2.9999999. London counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. The Rock comes running down the aisle with a chair! London whips Tajiri into the ropes. Rock jumps onto the apron with the chair! Collision between Rock, Tajiri, and the chair! Tajiri staggers back into a roll up! 1...2...3! It's over! London and Rock are beating the hell out of Tajiri! Matt Hardy Version 2.0 sprints down the aisle and slides into the ring! He goes toe-to-toe with Paul London, exchanging punches, while Tajiri comes back, sending Rock out of the ring with a clothesline. Matt \ Tajiri have cleared the ring, driving off London and Rock!

The Rock grabs a microphone and says that he attacked Tajiri because Tajiri cost him his "friendly" match with Rhyno on RAW. Well, since Brock Lesnar has decided that he wants Rhyno at Starrcade, that leaves the Great One without a #1 contender for the WWE Title. And rather than waiting for Eric Bischoff to decide on a challenger, the People's Champion has made the decision an easy one for him. He wants Tajiri, and he wants him at Starrcade if ya smellllllllllll what The Rock iiiiiiiis cookin'!

It's another very exciting tag match next as longtime friends Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio team up against Canadian Violence! If it wasn't for Eddie continuing to phone it in, this might have been greater than the London/Tajiri match. In a slight upset, Rey picks up the victory over the U.S. Champion Chris Benoit with the 619! After the match, all four men brawl back up the ramp and out of sight.

"I'm ba-ack!" The crowd erupts in a chorus of boos as WWE Chairman Eric Bischoff comes to the ring, being trailed by a security guard pushing a big cart with a covered box on it. He drops the bombshell that earlier this week, Jeff Hardy checked into a rehab clinic to deal with his personal demons. While WWE wishes Jeff a speedy recovery, he has no choice but to do what is right for the company. He motions to ringside, and the cover is removed from the box revealing the Intercontinental and World Tag Team Titles. Bischoff announces that he's vacating both of Hardy's championships and that next week on SmackDown!, we'll begin the process of determining new champions!

Our main event is a non-title encounter between World Champion Rhyno and Christian! It's a great match capping off one of the best SmackDown!s in recent memory, but unfortunately it's marred by Brock Lesnar interfering and going after the champ resulting in a DQ. John Cena gets revenge for Christian's early interference by making the save, and the babyfaces stand tall as SmackDown! goes off the air.
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote