View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 08:22 AM   #2203
Nowhere Man
Now. Here. Man.

Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
I'll be honest, I always kinda hated the Dark Knight Returns. I know it's got this pedigree of being a legendary game-changing comic (never mind that Denny O'Neill had been writing a 'dark and gritty' Batman for like a decade before Frank Miller came along), but Miller's artwork was always distractingly ugly to me. And the writing.....I mean, everyone laughs at Frank Miller nowadays after All-Star Batman and Robin and DKSR and Holy Terror, but I really don't see the difference between TDKR and those later comics. It's a good time capsule for the gaudy excess of the 80s, but not something I really feel like revisiting.

I did like the DKR parody that they did in Batman the Animated Series, though:

Nowhere Man is offline   Reply With Quote