View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #2495
Lara Emily
Hey

Lara Emily puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Lara Emily puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Lara Emily puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Lara Emily puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Lara Emily puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Lara Emily puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Lara Emily puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Lara Emily puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Lara Emily puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
Well your first contention can and was used against Wolverine and here we are with a (mostly) successful movie franchise a decade later. There's no reason to think Gambit couldn't have been fitted into the main role - especially played by somebody like Josh Holloway. Wolverine wasn't considered a good lead until Hugh Jackman filled out his movie version. Saying he isn't a leader type is almost moot.

Overrated? I don't know about all that. He's a total badass with destructive power yet a cool demeanor. Sure he seems obviously designed to be 'cool' but that's most comic characters to begin with. I wouldn't say one of the most underused X-Men is the most "overrated in history", though.

He could have definitely headlined a fourth movie while Hugh was off doing Wolverine solos.
Wolverine's also a terrible leader and he was a star but never a leader in the X-movies until half way through 3, ya know the one everyone hates (I enjoyed it on same levels but iwasn't because Wolverine was in charge)

Gambit doesn't have the same history or casual recognition. When I say he's overrated I mean by a lot of comic book fnsw not the general public. BTW the fact that you think Gambit, one of the most underused characters in your own words, should somehow lead the X-men is exactly what I mean by he's overrated
Lara Emily is offline   Reply With Quote