Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 07:42 PM   #2664
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I mean it's fair to say I enjoy AEW. But I enjoy it the same way I enjoy WWE. AEW never elicits any reaction from me that WWE doesn't; there is no added hype wondering what they are going to do next or who is going to show up randomly. It's just there and more rassling is always ok with me.

I was way more hyped for them when they first started and I went to some shows. But at that point it was really just matches because they had no time to build any storylines. I was just seeing fresh matchups between some established guys I knew from other promotions and some new faces, some of whom can put on a really good show. I liked that and I liked the promise of where it could go. But then the stories developed and just like WWE the majority of them were meaningless tripe or comedy and they weren't that good. The upper card leaned too hard on guys like Mox and Jericho, etc. Cody removing himself from the title picture to assuage people who worried he would push himself is stupid; he should be at the top of the card because he deserved to be there. Taking forever to build up Omega to the main event when he should have been there from day 1 was also ridiculous and they didn't do a good job building him. They basically relegated him to tag team and mid card work and then 2 years later BOOM WORLD EATER. Simply put they turned into a WWE clone. It is what it is. Sure they are an alternative but they aren't the product I hoped they would be and they aren't going to get people hyped about wrestling again by just copying the competition. They will never seriously challenge WWE if this is what they are content with doing.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote