View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 08:55 AM   #2904
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
SmackDown!: June 1, 2040

We open with what Naomi Bailey is calling her "re-coronation ceremony". She tells us all that it's well-deserved no matter what all of the peasants out there think. Not only did she win Queen of the Ring this year, she beat THREE other Queens on Sunday in dominating fashion. "Now all of you nobodies are going to sit there and shut up as I ascend to the throne of the Queen of Queens and as I take my rightful title I want you all to think about Night of Champions and what I'm going to do to Sonya Braddock! Her days as champion are numbered because we all know she escaped WrestleMania by the skin of her teeth. She doesn't even have the guts to accept my invitation and be out here to witness my coronation! Well, screw her! I only need her to show up at Night of Champions so that I can finish what I started and put a stamp on this year! Now, let's get on with it!"

The typical regal music plays as one of the coronation officials begins to read off a scroll while others prepare Naomi's royal attire. Suddenly the music cuts off and is replaced with Sonya Braddock's and sure enough the Women's Champion makes her way to the ring. She stands in silence as she stares down Naomi for a bit before gesturing that the ceremony proceed.

The scroll reader continues as the two women just glare each other. "On this day in the year of our Lord 2040, the first of the month of June, we gather to bear witness to the crowning of the greatest female monarch to grace this illustrious industry. A woman who pulled herself from the streets as a pugilist and ascended to glory as a goddess. She takes her throne symbolizing the superiority to which we shall all bow. Naomi, take this crown and this scepter as trophies granting you the title which you so richly deserve. You enter this ring the Queen of Ring and I hereby declare that you now shall leave this ring THE UNDISPUTED QUEEN OF QUEENS!"

Naomi smirks in Sonya Braddock's face and then backs herself into her throne and takes a seat. She dismisses everyone but insists that Braddock remain. "Well, what do you have to say now? I give you credit for showing up but you have to admit this is something. I hope you've been enjoying these last few months because Night of Champions is going to be end of Easy Street for you. Oh, but where are my manners? You have my permission to kneel before me."

Braddock remains standing up and keeps her glare fixed on Naomi. Naomi is a bit peeved at this and repeats herself, "I said, 'You have my permission to KNEEL before me'!" Braddock continues her silent statue routine and Naomi only gets more furious. Naomi gets up from her throne and gets back in Braddock's face. "FINE! You don't want to kneel? Makes no difference! You're going to be on your knees BEGGING for my mercy at Night of Champions! And when you look up at me with a sad, pathetic look on your face that's hoping for that mercy, I'm going to smite your sorry ass!"

Sonya Braddock merely smirks and shakes her head. She turns to leave but that only infuriates Naomi even more and she uses this opportunity to hit Braddock with the Bail Out! She plays to the crowd holding her crown and scepter in her apparent triumph BUT BRADDOCK GIVES THE FINGER TO FINISHERS and she pops back up. Naomi turns to see this blatant disregard of wrestling etiquette and is shocked. She tries the scepter route but Braddock blocks it and we've got a struggle over it as the two glare at each other. We get officials come down to try to separate them as the segment ends.

Backstage, Lisa Benton is being interviewed about her decision to make Faith Connors and Jenna Kyle an Iron Woman match on Raw on June 11th. First things first, Benton informs us that neither woman is here tonight as they've both started training for the contest. Benton believes that it's the best way to settle things between the two and she's always made decisions that will hopefully give the fans the best. Benton clarifies the rules for the match. It'll be 30-minutes long and unlike the last time, there will be a sudden death overtime period. Hannah McCormick inserts herself into the picture and berates Lisa Benton for making such a big stink of this match. Hannah is not impressed with either woman and is sick of hearing about them. Hannah's the biggest star there is and the best competitor there is. 10 minutes. 30 minutes. 60 minutes. It doesn't matter! Benton is obviously miffed at being interrupted and declares that Hannah is more than welcome to demonstrate her talking points tonight by taking on Phoebe Hanson.

First Match: Jerome McDougal and the Millennium Rebels vs. Marc Fury, El Silencio, Isaac Wolff
Opening matches with six cruiserweights? Yes, please! This is mainly a showcase for McDougal as he embarks on a mini-feud with Nigel Gallagher from the Brits. Aaron Ramsey also wants in on the action and he helps his client with chicanery and McDougal finishes off Wolff for the pin. ****1/2, 88% overall.

Backstage, Vivian Merrick tries to give an interview with her clients, the Unified Tag Team Champions, The Future Foundation but her jaw is still recovering from being introduced to Braddock's fist on Sunday. She struggles through the pain but eventually has to whisper her words to Rick Hilton who manages to get the point across himself. The Play Pals will be getting their shot at the tag team titles on Raw and that they're going to pay for allowing Braddock to do what she did to Vivian! Then Sonya Braddock will have learned her lesson!

Second Match: Kerry Cemenko vs. Orlando Kincaid
Sort of extending the feud between Cemenko and Cross as Cross is on commentary just ripping into Cemenko over his comments on Superstars. Cross says he's going to dismiss Cemenko because he doesn't demand any attention. What's the last major thing he's done? The end comes when Cemenko and Kincaid both tumble over the announce table into Cross' lap. They eventually return to the ring but Cross screws up an interference attempt and that allows Cemenko to get the pin on Kincaid. The heels are not thrilled with this outcome and they look to make Cemenko pay but Alexander Piero runs out to drive the two of them away. *****, 94% overall.

Haven joins us in the ring and he plans on making this short and simple. Butch Fleming is in possession of something that belongs to Haven. It's only a matter of time before Haven's iron hand makes it around the throat of the poisonous snake and reduces it to a writhing pitiful worm. Quentin McDaniels will be given the same treatment if he chooses to once again accompany Fleming down the primrose path.

McDaniels makes his way out to confront Haven and declares that he has no fear of him. Haven is nothing more than talk and a fancy entrance and McDaniels NEVER felt like Haven deserved to be a leader. Haven is in over his head making threats as McDaniels is the guy who is on track to take the Unified World Title so Haven can shove those pretty words right up his...

McDaniels is cut off by Haven grabbing him by the throat and forcing him into the corner. McDaniels tries to fight back but it's a bit of a rough going for him. Butch Fleming runs out to help with the beatdown and the two heels have got Haven down. Things look pretty bad but NOAH CARMICHAEL makes his return and makes a beeline for Fleming. However, overlooking McDaniels is a fatal error on his part as McDaniels assaults the former champion. Carmichael's return is unfortunately not a triumphant one as the heels stand tall again after they brutalize Carmichael and Haven.

Third Match: Salvatore Scabbia vs. Stone Walsh
Rebuild mode time for Scabbia as I don't want to just discard him. I have a match in mind for him at Night of Champions after all. Brooke proves her worth here as she distracts Walsh long enough for Scabbia to lock in the Omerta for the submission win. ****1/2, 92% overall.

Fourth Match: Leah vs. ???
Nathan Quinn is out here in support of his new client, Leah as he reminds everyone that this contest is Leah against any woman who wants to give it a go. Leah is more than prepared for whoever wants to come down that aisle so who wants to welcome her to the WWE?

For a while it looks like there aren't any takers but soon enough the music of Jamie Roderick hits and the former Women's Champion makes her way out in full ring attire. She signals that she wants the bell rung and it looks like this shit is on!

Fourth Match: Leah vs. Jamie Roderick
Leah is absolutely capable of hanging with Roderick here as things are quite even. Clearly Nathan Quinn has picked himself quite the prize. He does, however, feel the need to show some extra support and that allows Leah to ground Roderick and hit the Sultry Splash for the win! What a debut! ****1/2, 91% overall.

Fifth Match: Ozzy Mandias vs. Miles Shawcross
Ozzy tells us that he still hasn't heard from Romeo Valiente in regards to making amends. The end of this match comes when Valiente himself runs down and drops Ozzy's throat on the top rope allowing Shawcross to score the pin. Afterwards, Valiente just devastates Ozzy with repeated Cassanova Crushes off the top, each time yelling at Ozzy with things like "You want an apology?!?!", "Here's your apology!!!", and "You like that apology?!?" He asks Ozzy who the hell he thinks he is asking for apologies. Ozzy Mandias is left down and out. ****1/2, 91% overall

Sixth Match: Hannah McCormick vs. Phoebe Hanson
McCormick gets on the mic and declares that if Lisa Benton thinks she can buy off McCormick by giving her the main event for tonight, she's mistaken. McCormick will have a date with destiny in regards to Faith and Jenna. The match itself is fucking amazing as these two gel superbly. Bobbi Jo helps out her mentor here and McCormick gets the duke after one hell of a show. *****, 96% overall.

FINAL SEGMENT: The WWE Intercontinental Champion and Money in the Bank holder Brandon Reigns comes out to join us. He made the declaration that tonight would be the night that he announces when he'll be cashing in his Money in the Bank contract. The petty squabbling that we saw earlier between Carmichael and Haven and McDaniels and Fleming is just that: PETTY! It means nothing because in one fell swoop Reigns can change the entire course of the WWE. Now that the glass ceiling is being broken with all of these veterans being swept aside, the bright future that was in store for Reigns is approaching and it will be realized no matter who wants to stand in his way!

Kyle Jacobs comes out to spoil the festivities and reminds Reigns of one really big and important thing standing in his way: Kyle Jacobs at Night of Champions. Jacobs has actually been looking forward to this for quite a while even before Reigns decided to be a giant selfish douche. That night after WrestleMania when the two of them clashed over that championship was exhilarating. It was the kind of competition that Jacobs thrives on and Reigns was the kind of opponent that pushes him to places he's never been before. It was a kind of moment to go on the highlight reel when Jacobs is old and grey and is sharing his career with his grandchildren. Jacobs can certainly understand wanting to break out from someone else's shadow; he has two of his own. But what Reigns did to Connelly was also petty. Jacobs is only interested in the title but make no mistake he's not going to take any crap from Reigns.

Reigns is not amused by this and says that Jacobs isn't in his way; Jacobs is underneath him. Jacobs can only hope to ever come close to achieving what Reigns is going to which brings him to the reason why he's even out here to begin with. A bright future needs a grand stage to contain it and there is a stage out there that's the grandest of them all. So no matter what the main event is or how it ends, Brandon Reigns is going to be sitting at ringside waiting for it to be over so that his bright future is born. He will be cashing in his Money in the Bank contract AT WRESTLEMANIA 57!!!

Jacobs actually nods, apparently impressed with such a bold move. However he does point out that Reigns might have to do it WITHOUT the Intercontinental Title. Reigns looks annoyed and turns away but turns right back and nails Jacobs with the belt! Reigns stands tall with the belt and the briefcase as we go off the air.

Overall show rating: 90%
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote