View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 06:36 AM   #2807
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Raw: May 14, 2040

Opening Match: The British Infection vs. The Millennium Rebels
The Infection promised some sort of surprise for us but I guess they're going to make us wait a bit on that. A hot opener where it looks like Adrian Gallagher has this well in hand but the manager of the Rebels, Aaron Ramsey, jumps him for the DQ. It looks like a three on one situation but the scene is joined by somebody running down the aisle who helps the Infection fight off the odds. Who is this person? After the ring is cleared of the heels, the Infection's manager, Fantasee, introduces this new face as the younger brother of Adrian Gallagher, as well as her newest client, Nigel Gallagher! *****, 95% overall.

Second Match: Azazel vs. Mathias
Truth be told, I'm getting such awesome results from everyone else, these guys seem like dead weight and I'm debating keeping them around. Anyway, it's a heavyweight slugfest that ends with Azazel's manager, Vivian Merrick getting involved, allowing Azazel to hit the Demonator for the pin. Vivian makes threats to Sonya Braddock into the camera. ****1/2, 89% overall.

Hannah McCormick is backstage and wants to clue us all in as to why she attacked Faith Connors last week. All of this talk about a Queen of Queens match and NOBODY considered inviting her, undoubtedly the best Queen of the Ring of all time. She demands to be added to the match at Judgment Day so that everyone can witness her superiority.

Third Match: Ryan Pattillo and Seth Von Kamp vs. Chris Collins and Moses McKay
We learn that we'll be getting McKay vs. Von Kamp one more time on SmackDown! in a No DQ match. Maybe that will finally settle things between them. This is an evenly matched contest that ends with Pattillo recovering from his defeat to Brandon Reigns by pinning Collins with the Shutdown. *****, 94% overall.

Fourth Match: WWE Intercontinental Champion Brandon Reigns vs. Conner Buchanan
Speaking of Reigns, he continues his winning ways here as he just may be right about not needing anyone by his side. After getting the submission win with the Iron Reign, however, Reigns gets jumped by an angry Jake Connelly, who was betrayed last week! They have themselves a brawl that needs to be stopped by officials. *****. 94% overall.

The WWE Unified World Champion Noah Carmichael joins us in the ring and wants us all to go down memory lane with him. "Is it true that I stood by the side of Butch Fleming for years? Yes. It was my understanding that he held the key to unlocking opportunities. Unfortunately it turned out that really, it was Fleming who looked towards me for that key as he added more and more people to prop him up. I saw a way out and I took it and despite the punishments that I've received for making that decision I still regret nothing. Look at what I'm holding in my hands here! Don't think for a second that Butch Fleming's hurt feelings and temper tantrums keep me up at night because these belts are all the proof I need that made the right decision! So Fleming can cry himself a river and use it to get to Judgment Day because I'm sending his ass right back where it came from without a paddle!"

Unfortunately, just as Carmichael finishes, Butch Fleming himself sneaks up from behind to lay out the champion with a chair shot to the back. He adds in a few stomps for the fun of it and decides to grab the title belts and raise them up in triumph.

Fifth Match: Tania and Frankie vs. Billie Padgett and Carmella Costello
Two separate feuds are united into one match here. This will hopefully give CiCi and Frankie some experience and overness. It comes down to an all out brawl where Padgett manages to lay out Tania and beat the count for the win. ****1/2, 90% overall.

Backstage Kyle Jacobs is on the phone, apparently with his dad but is interrupted by Brooke. She understands that Jacobs has been lobbying for a one-on-one rematch for the Intercontinental Title against Brandon Reigns. It's not going to happen because Salvatore Scabbia deserves his shot after having the belt stolen from him. Kyle tells Brooke that she has a lot of nerve even getting in face considering all of the drama that's been going on. As far as Scabbia goes, he can take Kyle's shot at the title over his own dead body. Brooke proposes facing Scabbia one more time at Judgment Day to determine who gets the one-on-one title shot. Jacobs isn't happy with the idea but any excuse to get his hands on Scabbia is a good one. He accepts.

Sixth Match: Michael Haywood vs. Julian Merrick
Haywood and Gavin Jones have been lobbying for a title match against the tag team champions for the past week and the champions have offered this match as a way to prove themselves. Vivian Merrick looks to try to hand her brother a foreign object to help him win but Sonya Braddock comes out and surprises Vivian. Vivian wastes time focusing her attention on Braddock that Michael Haywood is able to grab the foreign object out of her hand and use it himself to get the win. Both Merricks are furious afterwards as Braddock just smiles. ****1/2, 92% overall

Seventh Match: Jenna Kyle vs. Missy Brantley
Naomi Bailey is out here to observe and Jenna keeps giving her dirty looks. Naomi tries to get involved but Jenna repeatedly refuses her help. She's able to hit the Kyle Driver for the pinfall win. *****, 95% overall.

MAIN EVENT: Xavier Cross, The Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody, and Zed Jones vs. Kerry Cemenko, WWE Cruiserweight Champion Jordan Demiras, and Haven
Quite the intersection of personal issues here. It's a hard fought encounter and in the end it's "Katy, bar the door" time as everything breaks down. Zed Jones manages to plant Haven through a table in time to help Michael Hotbody from suffering the wrath of Jordan Demiras as Jones knocks the Cruiserweight Champion off the top rope, enabling Hotbody to steal a pin. ****1/2, 91% overall

Overall show rating: 92%
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote