View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 01:20 AM   #2789
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post

AEW Dark: February 16, 2021:

-Shanna def. Leva Bates
-Wardlow def. Michael Nakazawa
-"The Spanish God" Sammy Guevara def. Marko Stunt (in apparently a **** match, I'll have to make note of that one)
-Riho def. Penelope Ford
-The Butcher and The Blade def. Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian
Looking at that I'm just imagining all of the low-key **** matches out there that have been lost to history and weren't seen by a massive audience. I mean, for all we know Paul Wight and Kevin Nash put on a clinic in some bumfuck little town in the Carolinas. Also big ups to Daniels and Kazarian still hanging in there.

Quote:
AEW Dynamite: February 17, 2021

First Match:

Cody Rhodes opens us up against Matt Sydal. The two have themselves a competitive match that sees Cody ultimately besting Sydal with a Cross Rhodes. The two shake hands, Sydal leaves only for Cody to be jumped by Eddie Kingston and The Family! ***, 76% overall

Eddie grabs himself a mic and runs down Cody, he challenged him last week. "I know you're the EVP, cut the shit and give me an answer!" The Butcher and the Blade hold Cody's head up to the mic and the stubborn bastard accepts, see you at Revolution. 81% overall
What I took away from this segment was Sydal basically saying, "Cool, I got my handshake. Laters." Also it's a shame that Cody never really got a fair shake in WWE, in my opinion.

Quote:
Second Match:

A month ago, Miro beat Chuck Taylor in a match that forced Taylor to briefly be Miro's butler. Now Taylor looks for some measure of retribution, but Miro was just too powerful to be stopped. Game Over, and Taylor taps. But he holds it longer and longer, refs can't pull him off! Kip Sabian cuts Orange Cassidy off at the pass as Miro leaves the hold locked in on Taylor for so long as officials and paramedics intervene. **3/4, 72% overall
You should make it so that this win means Taylor has to continue being Miro's bitch a little longer.

Quote:
Third Match:

Last week, Matt Hardy bested Colt Cabana of the Dark Order. Tonight we're in 6 man action as The Hardy Party (Matt Hardy and Private Party) faced Dark Order members Colt Cabana, Alex Reynolds, and John Silver. The Dark Order (who are way more over IRL now than they are in these stats ) got most of the shine in this one, but the Hardy contingent's underhanded tactics ultimately prevailed with Hardy hooking Reynolds' tights. **3/4, 69% overall

Matt Hardy once again makes a plea for Hangman Page, who was once again enjoying the libations in the stadium bar. Turning down The Dark Order was the best move he's ever made in his career. A spot with the Matt Hardy brand is still wide open for him, and next week he'd love to join Hangman at the bar to seal the deal. 87% overall
"The Hardy Party". OK, that's actually pretty clever. Also, bonus points for using the word 'libations'.

Quote:
Fourth Match:

Awesome Kong makes her official in-ring return with AEW, and poor Leva Bates drew the short end of the stick on this one. This was effectively a squash and Leva never stood a chance. After the match, Hikaru Shida rushes to the ring and stuns Kong with a kendo stick shot to the head! I think that means challenge accepted. **, 65% overall
In real life, the kendo stick would have said "FUCK THIS" and flew out of Shida's hands.

Quote:
It is announced that next week, live on Dynamite, Jon Moxley will face PAC to determine the #1 contendership for the AEW World Championship. Kenny Omega was asked who he preferred to face, but Don Callis quickly interjected that Kenny's beaten them both and he won't allow Kenny to give a hack interviewer the benefit of a soundbite. 88% overall
Don Callis going strong!

Quote:
Backstage, Chuck Taylor had a back brace on as he was being taken to the hospital (yes the hospital, not the local medical facility, for fuck's sake). Miro boasts that he put Trent on the shelf and now he put Chuck on the shelf. Orange Cassidy has seen enough and he starts throwing haymakers at Miro, this is the maddest anyone's seen Orange Cassidy. 87% overall
YES! "HOSPITAL"!!! WHO THE FUCK SAYS "MEDICAL FACILITY"? He's not going to see his OBGYN!

Quote:
More backstage antics as the Young Bucks happen upon the Inner Circle in the hallway, just as Santana and Ortiz were arguing over Jericho and MJF's miscommunication last week. Jericho attempts to play the "EVERYTHING IS FINE" card once again, and says the Inner Circle will prove its strength next week. Tell the Bucks to bring their Bullet Club buddies with them because next week it'll be an 8-man tag team match. 90% overall
8-Man action is always fun. It should bring in a healthy amount of snowflakes.

Quote:
Fifth Match:

A month ago Darby Allin handed Brian Cage his first pinfall defeat in AEW and tonight Cage was determined to prove that it was a fluke. I imagine this match was a pretty frantic pace with them going hell for leather with each other and just going all out for 10 minutes or so. Taz slides the FTW Belt into the ring for a belt shot and Cage get the win. ****, 85% overall (92% quality...I loved their match in real life, they have a great small guy vs. big guy dynamic, I'm surprised they gel this well in game)

Taz can never resist the urge to gloat. He reminds Darby he has no idea what he's in for when there are no rules at Revolution. Cage gives Darby a Drill Claw, everyone expects Sting to appear to help him but a cut backstage shows him down with the rest of Team Taz standing over him with baseball bats. 87% overall
"Drill Claw" reminds me of Wolverine in those X-Men fighting games. But **** is nothing to sneeze at.

Quote:
Main Event:

PAC vs. Jon Moxley for #1 contendership to the AEW Championship. These men are evenly matched, having fought to a time limit draw on Dynamite in 2019. Don Callis on commentary says Kenny Omega has no preference for a winner, but after a ref bump it would sure seem to not be the case as The Good Brothers hit the ring and start beating down Mox. PAC is having none of it and tries to intervene, but Kenny whacks him with the belt and hits him with the One Winged Angel.
The only reason I get the One Winged Angel reference is because YouTube won't stop recommending me videos of different versions of it just because of one God damn video I watched one time.

Quote:
Mox dragged up to the announce table as Gallows and Anderson give him a Magic Killer through the table (all while Callis continues to deny Kenny having a preference). Ref comes to, PAC is knocked out in the ring but wins #1 contendership via countout. Before he can get to his feet, Kenny hits him with a V-Trigger knee to the back of the head. ***1/4, 79% overall

79% show rating
The V-Trigger? OK, now you're just fucking with me. Does it unlock his secondary Critical Art super combo, too?

Overall, more stars can only mean good things going forward.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote