View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 10:16 PM   #2759
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
As mentioned, I'm not doing detailed Dark results since it's not a storyline show...I'm only booking between 4-6 matches but in real life it's a 2 hour web show with a dozen or more matches, many of them are fast paced enhancement style matches with the people I sent to developmental...so I'm imagining those matches are happening and I'm just booking the few matches featuring exclusively "main roster" talent. The rest of the show in game is filled with feud hype packages.

Also, Dark is taped the same night as the previous night's Dynamite and guys don't typically pull double duty.

AEW Dark: February 9, 2021:

-Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana def. "Pretty" Peter Avalon
-Bad Romance (Sonny Kiss and Joey Janela) def. Chaos Project (Luther and Serpentico)
-Matt Sydal def. Jack Evans
-Big Swole def. Mel
-"The Machine" Brian Cage def. Billy

AEW Dynamite: February 10, 2021

First Match:

Eddie Kingston leads us off and he's in as foul a mood as ever, never a good sign for his opponent. Brian Pillman Jr. tried his hardest, but the mad man from Yonkers was never going to be denied in this one. Backfist to the Future finishes him off, and Kingston gives him another one after the bell for good measure. **1/2, 66% overall

Not content with just administering a beating, Eddie Kingston grabs a mic, and everyone knows Eddie Kingston with a live mic is fire. Now that his Family has taken Archer and that ancient hack Jake Roberts out of the picture, he's ready to take his rightful spot up the chain and he's not waiting around. He heard Cody Rhodes tell the world last week that he was looking for his next challenge...well look no further. 81% overall

Second Match:

Two weeks ago on Dynamite, Jungle Boy scored a big win over Dax Harwood with both of their stables handcuffed to each other at ringside, but FTR dismantled Jurassic Express after the bell. This time it's Cash Wheeler's turn as he faces off with Luchasaurus, this time with everybody banned from ringside. Cash did an impressive job keeping the big man grounded, but just as Luchasaurus started rallying and gaining the upper hand, Cash thought better of it decided to just punch him in the dick for the DQ before hightailing it out of there. No flips, just fists indeed. ***, 73% overall

Chris Jericho and MJF continued to gloat about their battle royal win and impending Tag Title victory, much to the visible annoyance of the other members of Inner Circle. Santana and Ortiz still feel that they are the premier tag team of the Inner Circle, and they want to prove it tonight on their own. 93% overall

Third Match:

AEW Women's World Champion was in action tonight against the always dangerous "La Sicaria" Ivelisse. Shida had to contend not only with the highly skilled Ivelisse but also her tag team partner Diamante at ringside. After a highly athletic, hard fought contest, hitting her with the Three Count for...well, the three count. There was no time to celebrate as the lights went out, and when they came back on, Awesome Kong stood over her with the AEW Women's championship. ***, 73% overall

Team Taz cut a pre-taped video promo showing them dishing out their brand of street violence on some enhancement talent backstage. They warn Sting and Darby Allan that the fate that awaits them at Revolution. 77% overall

Fourth Match:

Orange Cassidy vs Kip Sabian : Lightning kick by Cassidy on Sabian. Orange Cassidy moves in for the kill. Beach Break! 1....2....3. Miro comes running down the aisle with a chair, and gets into the ring! Miro hits Cassidy with a chair to the back! Orange Cassidy goes down to the canvas, hurt. *** rating, as it was good, but nothing too special.

(I don't normally copy and paste the direct EWR write up...but I felt like I had to because it's hilarious that they effectively booked a two move squash, very on brand for Cassidy if he didn't want to fuck around this week. And hey, Kip must've had the sell job of the centure. In my brain though Chuck Taylor was shown knocked out backstage by Miro before this as well). ***, 72% overall

It is announced that next week, live on Dynamite, Jon Moxley will face PAC to determine the #1 contendership for the AEW World Championship. Kenny Omega was asked who he preferred to face, but Don Callis quickly interjected that Kenny's beaten them both and he won't allow Kenny to give a hack interviewer the benefit of a soundbite. 88% overall

Fifth Match:

Matt Hardy faced off against Colt Cabana of the Dark Order. A fairly even match with the fun-loving Colt throwing the now-serious Hardy off his game a few times with his off-beat shenanigans. Colt goes for the Flying Apple in the corner but Hardy moves out of the way, leaving a stunned Colt easy pickings for a cruel Twist of Fate. ***1/4, 79% overall

Matt Hardy takes a microphone and gives a shout out to "Hangman" Adam Page. It's no secret why Hangman turned down membership a group of losers like the Dark Order, and once again, there's always a spot in the Matt Hardy brand for him. Cameras pan to Page in the arena bar, sipping a beer and contemplating what he just heard. 87% overall

Main Event:

The Young Bucks and Santana and Ortiz are no strangers to one another, having a few classics before. Tonight was certainly no exception as they displayed incredible chemistry with one another, both teams anticipating what the other side will do. All of this was against the backdrop of Jericho and MJF on commentary, being insufferable pricks all along.

Eventually, Jericho and MJF can see no more and head on down to the ring. They hop on the apron to try to distract the Bucks, the Bucks duck and Jericho/MJF go down instead! Santana and Ortiz are confused, Superkick Party! And the Bucks get the big win. Inner Circle bickers as Dynamite goes off the air. ****1/4, 86% overall (95% match quality)

80% show rating

Hot damn, I don't know if they'll all be that good this early on but I figured that main event would slap, and a few other matches delivered more than what I was expecting. Having a lot of charismatic people in feuds helps a lot with the talking segments.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote