View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 07:39 AM   #2739
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
74% is pretty good. That's about the right level to be at for a National level promotion. I know you intend to stick pretty close to what AEW does in real life as far as production goes but do you see yourself possibly trying to get another show?
I might have to at some point. I mean I always have Dark and can throw people on there when I need to, but it's a YouTube show and not anything that will actually generate any revenue for me. Supposedly AEW's looking into adding an hour somewhere but no word yet on what the nature of the show would be.

One thing that AEW does that I'll have to deviate from a bit is that they do a nice job of varying up who wrestles each week. You might get one or two guys wrestling on consecutive Dynamites but the rest will alternate between matches, promos, and angles as they try to get everyone in their fairly large roster screen time.

In AEW land though, you can't really book that way without pissing off your upper midcarders/main eventers, which is why I always eventually resorted to the pseudo cheat of converting those upper card guys into managers, they'd no longer complain about having a few weeks off. It was basically a necessity in WWE games as EWR was not built to handle a roster split. Main eventers want to be used one in every three shows and sometimes I had 4 shows in a given week, meaning a guaranteed pissed off main eventer if they ever had a break.

Between two Dynamites and Dark (where I can always throw a big name into a match or do a promo video) there should at least be something to let me keep morale up. All bets are off whenever I add another TV show though.

Similarly, I rarely used the in-game feud system when I was running that many shows, it didn't work. Should be workable now with the slight annoyance that I can't really blow the feuds off by Revolution in 4 weeks because "not enough time will have passed". I'd like to eventually time it so that my next big PPV in May can be a blow off for whatever feuds I have going then.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote