View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 09:08 AM   #2551
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
(Gonna start just copying and pasting the weake descriptions for some of the less eventful matches to save time and hopefully encourage me to keep going with this. lol)

WCW Nitro (Week 1, August 2001)

3 weeks away from The Great American Bash, the show starts with Mean Gene in the ring and he introduces Diamond Dallas Page followed by WCW World Heavyweight Champion Booker T. They take turns talking about how ready they are for revenge tonight after what happened just 11 days ago at War Games. They turn their attention to each other and their desire to go one-on-one and prove who the better man is. Page refers to the potential match as "The people's champion vs The world champion" and Booker half-heartedly takes offense, telling Page that he considers himself both. As the two of them playfully play to the crowd and banter back and forth, we get a hint of tension before they shake hands, hug and play to the crowd.

Natural Born Thrillers vs The Mamalukes (Vito and Reno)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Natural Born Thrillers defeated The Mamalukes when Sean O'Haire defeated Reno by pinfall with a Double Superkick.

Winners: Natural Born Thrillers in 5:34

Mean Gene with Midajah and Lex Luger. She cuts off Gene's introduction, frantically yelling that she can't find Buff. She warns Luger that if he's done something to him, she will make him pay as Luger feigns innocence. Suddenly Buff comes into the shot in street clothes apologizing to Midajah. "I'm sorry. I had a date last night, I had a bit much to drink and I woke up late..." Midajah doesn't seem happy with this excuse. His match is next...

Buff Bagwell vs Fit Finlay

Buff comes out in his street clothes and barely gets any offense in as his complete lack of preparation leads to Finlay picking up the relatively easy win.

Winner: Fit Finlay in 5:18

After the match, Midajah gets in the ring to yell at Buff but out comes Torrie Wilson who makes a b line for her and flirts with Buff a little before taking Midajah down! A catfight ensues and Buff pulls Midajah off and separates the two as Lex Luger stands in a corner of the ring trying to contain his laughter. Midajah gets on the mic and demands Buff stop seeing Torrie but Buff simply stares awkwardly unable to agree. Torrie suggests they fight for him. Next week. Winner gets Buff all to herself. Personally and professionally and the other walks away for good. Midajah shakes her head at Buff's lack of willpower and accepts.

Kanyon vs Johnny Swinger

Kanyon comes out, clearly still visibly angry over the events of last week with Mike Sanders and his mother. The match starts and it's only a few minutes in before Sanders' music hits and out he comes with a smile on his face. He informs Kanyon that he's just a couple weeks from being cleared for action again after Kanyon injured him over a month ago. He says out of respect to his mother, he's decided to forgive him though. "And by the way. Just in case there was any question. Your mom can officially confirm. Mike Sanders is definitely above average." Sanders gives Kanyon a taunting wink as Kanyon goes apeshit before getting rolled up by Johnny Swinger and upset for the second time in three weeks.

Winner: Johnny Swinger in 4:44

After the match, Kanyon goes ballistic, tearing apart everything at ringside he can get his hands on.

Konnan heads to the ring with Chavo Guerrero following behind. He gets a chair and sits in the middle of the ring with Guerrero at his side and speaks on what happened last week...

"A lot of people were shocked at my actions. It had to be done though. I came to realize it a couple months ago. Shane Helms was an outsider. He wasn't part of our family. He showed his true colors. And when I tried to make it right, I realized my brothers had gone soft. They forgave him. They treated HIM like family. And I was treated like the bad guy. And then the ultimate betrayal. At Clash of the Champions... Rey chose him over me. And that's when it dawned on me. This was years in the making. 2 years to be exact. 2 years ago... Rey allowed this company to rob him of his heritage and take the mask off his face. He laid down and accepted it and I stood behind him. Just like he accepted it when Shane Helms took money from his pocket in that match. And I stood behind him again. And I was paid back with betrayal. So call it tough love. But today Rey is wearing a mask again. One that is scarred on his face."

The crowd starts to get loud as Billy Kidman and Shane Helms rush the ring, sending Konnan and Chavo retreating and looking on from down the aisle. Konnan tells Kidman he had Chavo protect him last week because he still thinks he can be saved. He'll give him a week to think about it and choose between himself and Helms.

The Harris Brothers are about to be interviewed backstage when KroniK interrupts and tells them they paid them a lot of money to ensure the Thrillers couldn't escape with the titles and they've failed. Now tonight, they want them to take out the newest team standing in their way.

The Harris Brothers vs Mark Jindrak and Shawn Stasiak

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Jindrak and Stasiak defeated Harris Brothers when Shawn Stasiak defeated Don Harris by pinfall.

Winners: Jindrak and Stasiak in 5:41

After the match, KroniK comes out and Jindrak and Stasiak escape the ring. KroniK turns to the Harris Brothers and absolutely destroy them leaving them down and out in the middle of the ring.

Rick Steiner and Road Warrior Animal vs Elix Skipper and Kid Romeo

In an extremely short match, Rick Steiner and Animal defeated Skipper and Romeo when Rick Steiner defeated Kid Romeo by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog.

Winners: Steiner and Animal in 3:49

After the match, Team Canada shows up on the screen standing somewhere outside. Awesome stands behind Storm as he talks about Steiner and Animal being the last two pieces of the two greatest tag teams of all time trying to regain the glory. And at the Bash, they will kill two birds with one stone. The camera backs up and shows a pair of spiked shoulder pads and a Michigan letterman jacket laying on the ground as Awesome lights a match and symbolically sets them on fire.

Jarrett and Douglas are interviewed backstage and explain their plan. How after they win tonight, they'll take out both men first at the Bash and then it's one on one between them for the world title.

Jeff Jarrett and Shane Douglas vs Booker T and Diamond Dallas Page

A back and forth main event with good action and heat comes to a climax when the match breaks down with all four men in the ring. Page's scar from being busted open at War Games opens up again leaving him bleeding by the end. The finish comes when Douglas avoids a missile dropkick and Booker accidentally knocks DDP into a rollup by Jarrett for the 1-2-3.

Winners: Jarrett and Douglas in 17:39

After the match, Jarrett and Douglas celebrate at ringside as Booker checks on DDP inside the ring. Suddenly Eric Bischoff's music hits...

"Congrats. I told you I wasn't pleased with your actions at War Games but you did earn the chance to get into the title match at the Bash and you succeeded. I'm not so sure why you're celebrating though, Shane. Maybe I didn't make it clear last week. If you won the match... you get your title shot. And I didn't see you WIN the match for your team. So unfortunately at The Great American Bash, Jeff will be in the ring with Booker T and Diamond Dallas Page alone. But don't worry, Shane. You'll be in a title match too. In honor of the man you so viciously attacked 8 days ago, you'll be defending the US Title in a Texas Bullrope Match against..."

Bischoff gives a smile and out comes Dustin Rhodes with a bullrope over his shoulders staring down Douglas as he looks on with an angry expression while the show fades to black.
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote