View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 03:12 PM   #2540
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I've continued plugging along booking television in the build up to Battleground. Admittedly though, with the exception of my top few stories my booking is pretty much unfocused for everyone in the undercard (lol at least I'm being realistic ). There are just so many people I'm trying to fit onto television. It's pretty much the reason why I always wind up bringing back the split in my game and this will be no exception. Trying to get through SummerSlam and then bring it back sometime soon after so I can actually try to develop some proper stories.

Anyway, Battleground is more or less being built around 2 matches anyway as sort of a filler PPV before the SummerSlam build begins in earnest. The main event is the sensible one: a triple threat match for the World Heavyweight Title between the 3 former members of the Shield. Rollins and Ambrose both have valid claims to the title having both lost it at MITB. Ambrose is his usual maniacal self and is even more unhinged now after being betrayed by his other "brother". Rollins has slowly become more sympathetic - pissed off that the Authority interfered in his MITB match when he didn't need the help and Kane basically screwed him over outright. And Reigns is being booked as a badass heel champ, polar opposite to what Rollins had been doing up until MITB.

In a perfect world, I'd have loved to have somehow held off on this triple threat until WM 32 but I have no idea if I'll play long enough to see it through, and with the split soon to come back it might be tough to get them all in the same angle again. I'd rather just get it out of my system now, just over a year since the faction split - and then let each man go into their own stories for the time being.

I also have Cena actually staying offscreen, selling the injuries sustained from Owens from the apron powerbomb. Owens has been committing gimmick infringement, doing his own Open Challenges on Raw for the NXT Title and he's also issuing an open challenge for the NXT Title at Battleground. I know who I will pick for it and I'm sure it'll be a really good match to help generate interest in NXT moving forward.

Speaking of NXT, I've actually been borrowing some of the lower card guys from the main roster (such as what Zack Ryder is doing in real life) as the actual NXT roster I have to work with right now is pretty small. I have a ton of people in the actual in-game development system because their ratings are just way too low to use in televised matches and therefore can't use those people on my NXT TV show. Even some of the ones I'm using like Blake & Murphy are horribly unready and might get "demoted" so I can build their stats. I had them drop the tag belts to Enzo & Cass who at least have some charisma to get by on. May sign a few more former WWE guys to beef up the NXT roster a la Rhyno and The Brian Kendrick.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote