View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 01:06 AM   #823
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Seriously think there is probably more demand for some wrestling more than what people anticipate. Some are kind of reluctant to say this is going to do better than WWE, but I’m so hopeful. WWE are way too hard to follow. A tedious product with the flagship being 3 hours and PPVs going about as long as two Lord of the Rings films back-to-back, and this is a model they are locked into for years. They haven’t even started properly advertising yet.

Really think that if the product is succinct with emphasis in the right places, wrestling fans’ investment might go into AEW surprisingly fast. Plus it might be called by people who don’t sound like robots.

What they are looking for: easy to access cable television with a couple of marquee events a year doesn’t insult the fans by presuming they don’t have lives, or suggests that their own television isn’t must-see viewing.

WWE is no longer wrestling. It’s a week of variety shows heaped together over a few nights. I think a wrestling product, which has consistently done well on cable, and has a ready-made audience of 2+ million who I *don’t* think are WWE loyalists, could really strike chords and ride a wave of medium momentum.

Keep in mind that before this TV is going to launch, they could co-produce a show in Madison Square Garden with Cain Velasquez featured.

The WWE audience is more “hardcore” than ever, and more disenfranchised than ever, with no end in sight. I know which product I would choose to subject myself to with some commitment. It’s not even close.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote