View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 10:12 PM   #739
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
As was predicted, Raw last night, in doing 2.13 million viewers, did the lowest mark in its modern history with the exception of Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.

The Toronto Raptors vs. Golden State Warriors game five did 18.22 million viewers in the United States, and was the sole reason for the record low number, even coming after a pay-per-view when Raw traditionally gets a bump ...

The previous non-holiday low was April 29, which did 2.16 million viewers ...

The show had a 19.8 percent first-to-third hour drop, which isn't record levels, but it among the biggest drops of all-time.

To show where viewers left, women 18-49 dropped 31 percent from the first to third hour, men 18-49 dropped 15 percent, teenage girls dropped 63 percent, teenage boys actually increased ten percent, and over 50 dropped 18 percent. It is notable that during a hot basketball game, that it was women, by far, turning off Raw more than men, even though in the 18-49 demo, the basketball game had a 66-34 male skew.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.38 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.09 million viewers
10 p.m. 1.91 million viewers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The Big Lead reported that Renee Young is “highly likely” to be the host of WWE’s studio show on FS1 that will begin this fall.
Quote:
Cody Rhodes spoke to ComicBook.com about Fyter Fest being free on B/R Live: "I'm thrilled that we get to do it for free. That was such a huge discussion and I'm so excited. I mean, [you get Jon] Moxley's first match in AEW for free. It's great. The people at B/R Live, I couldn't ask for better partners. You do need a subscription, but it is a free subscription. It's not a hook in and you're charged type of deal. You'll need to probably, if you're looking to see Fyter, and it's streaming for free here in the United States, you should go on the site before the actual event, get yourself signed up so you've got all your ducks in a row and you're ready to go."
Quote:
Dusty Rhodes passed away on this day in 2015. Cody thanked everyone who reached out to him today: “Thanks to all who reached out. Dusty was my hero & it’s a gift that due to his fame he was a hero for others. Mourning transcends social media. ‘RIP’ may be trendy, but what’s even better is reaching out to those you love today & letting them know how important they are to you”

Dustin Rhodes paid tribute to his father: “Pops, I am doing everything you taught me. Be strong, be a man, follow your dreams. All those things you said to me I do daily, or I try my best to. The one thing I do without fail is to always #KeepSteppin #MissYouDad”
Quote:
Chris Jericho tweeted about why his “Judas” theme song didn’t play on New Japan World’s broadcast of Dominion: “There was a small rights fee involved that @njpwworld & @njpw1972 chose not to pay. End of story.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
"The Samoa Submission Machine" Samoa Joe regained the United States Championship two weeks ago on RAW when Rey Mysterio had to relinquish the title due to injury. Samoa Joe brought his U.S. Title to Saudi Arabia for WWE Super ShowDown and competed in the 50-man Battle Royal. The commentators described the temperature in the King Abdullah Sports City Stadium as "real feel heat" and it was over 100 degrees in the area near ringside.

Samoa Joe stated that it was quite the inferno in the ring and said that there is no way to prepare for heat like that but just to realize that it is not going to be enjoyable.

"No, I don't think anybody ever has [competed in heat like that]. It was a chaotic scene, let me tell you that in 101-degree weather and a lot of human body heat." Samoa Joe told Sporting News. "It was quite the inferno in that ring. That's the kind of heat you don't make adjustments for. You just realize it's going to suck really, really bad. You're going to have to grin and bear it. With the exception of maybe running sprints in a sauna, I don't think there's anything you can really do to prepare for that."
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
Andrade and Charlotte Flair are currently taking some time away from WWE action due to Andrade's mother passing away, according to Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio.

Flair and Andrade missed weekend and Monday WWE live events, and Flair's status for tonight's SmackDown from Sacramento, CA is up in the air. Meltzer noted that Andrade likely will not be at SmackDown tonight.

Andrade's mother, Juanis Oropeza, reportedly passed away over the weekend while Andrade was in Saudi Arabia for the WWE Super ShowDown match against WWE Intercontinental Champion Finn Balor. Oropeza reportedly had been sick for several weeks, if not months.
Quote:
This past Friday at WWE Super ShowDown, Lars Sullivan defeated the Lucha House Party via disqualification. Despite the match being a three-on-one handicap match, the Lucha House Party were disqualified for triple teaming Sullivan.

Dave Meltzer noted on the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio that the finish of the match was reportedly changed. The original ending would have likely featured Sullivan picking up a dominant victory.

While it's not known why the finish was changed, there is speculation that WWE may do the Sullivan vs. Lucha House Party match again at WWE Stomping Grounds in two weeks.
Quote:
NXT has proven to be quite the breeding ground for fresh new talent for WWE. Recently an influx of talent debuted on the main roster. One of those debuting stars was former NXT champion, Aleister Black. Black joined fellow superstar Sheamus on his Celtic Warrior Workouts to talk about his career and current move ...

Black was quick to admit his time in NXT was short. And, as short as his time there seemed, the notice of his call up was that much shorter.

"I wasn't scheduled to be called up. It was a last minute decision," said Black. "I was just done (with a workout) and it was 11:30 and I didn't have to be at the live event until 1:00. So, I was just going to take a 45-minute nap. I had my phone by me, and my phone starts to go off and its coach Bloom. He said, 'I have some news for you' and as a joke, I said ' you are firing me'. And he said, 'Something like that, this Sunday your flying to Tennessee (so the debut could be kept a secret) and this Monday you make your debut on Raw and Tuesday on SmackDown."
Quote:
Sasha Banks is receiving some attention on social media for "liking" a tweet that is critical of the WWE product.

The tweet, made by a fan at @TooSweetmania, reads like this:

"With every passing Raw and Smackdown I grow less and less interested in the product. I'm starting to realize that I'm supporting a s--tty company for its past greatness rather than critiquing it's current bulls--t. I can't even sit through Raw or Smackdown anymore."

Banks "liked" the tweet more than a day ago and has not "un-liked it" yet, as some people do once their "like" makes headlines ...

The Boss has also "liked" a number of AEW tweets as of late, including Cody Rhodes' post on the seating chart and tickets for August's AEW All Out pay-per-view.
Quote:
It looks like All Elite Wrestling could be planning to release their pay-per-view events on video.

The official AEW Twitter account issued a poll today to gauge fan interest in a potential AEW Double Or Nothing DVD or Blu-ray release.

The poll asked, "Which format would you like to see #AEW's #DoubleOrNothing released on... #AEWDoN #AEWDVD #AEWBluRay"

As of this writing, 76% have voted for the Blu-ray release. As of this writing, there have been 27,228 votes since the poll was issued at 9:55am ET today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
All Elite Wrestling has hired former Senior Director, Live Event Marketing of WWE, Rafael Morfi to handle the live event aspect of the company. Morfi, who was with the New York Mets before his WWE run and worked for the New York Cosmos soccer team after departing WWE, has also worked with Impact Wrestling, MLW, House of Hardcore, Brian Knobbs' Legends of Wrestling events and Jim Ross, among others, via his Signature Move Productions Company. He's been well liked and respect within the pro wrestling world for many years.

Morfi was all "Double or Nothing" last month and will be an important part of the AEW operations going forward. It's a big hire for the company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Alberto El Patron took to social media and promoted that a new Lucha Libre promotion entitled 'Nacion Lucha Libre' was coming to the professional wrestling world and more details emerged during the press conference that was held today for the promotion. Details from the press conference were provided to Fightful by @luchablog on Twitter and the promotion's first show is slated for July 11th in Mexico City. Their first show will air on Imagen TV on July 14th and they have a time slot of 10:30 PM to midnight on Sundays.

The likes of former WWE United States Champion MVP, Chavo Guerrero, Alberto El Patron and Carlito are involved with the promotion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Here is something cool, which was uploaded by Jon Boucher. It’s highlights of a card from Maple Leaf Gardens on January 15, 1957, featuring Edouard Carpentier vs. Steve Stanlee, Bill & Ed Miller vs. Ken Kenneth & Pat Flanagan, and Billy Red Lyons vs. Baron Gattoni with narration from Dave Price.

TPWW Frontpage stuff:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote