View Single Post
Old 05-11-2023, 07:03 PM   #18
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
I liked its visual style and the rock-paper-scissors element to combat. It had a simple enough story but the way it was told worked. Not to rag on anyone who likes their RPGs hardcore, but I need games like this for me to give the genre a whirl. If I had known more about Secret of Mana, I probably would have tried to give it a spin, although no one I knew had it.
im all for entry level vames. Like pokemón totally has a place in the world. I find it completely unplayable because its brain dead. It doesnt mean it should be erased from existence though. Its games like that that ultimately bring people in to the genre givingus more potential sales for the games i gravitate toward.

Mana though i think is just way too same-ey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat View Post
Need to give it some real thought but that game and The Witcher 2 were the only RPG and action RPG games I ended up enjoying a ton from start to finish.

RPGs is one of the few genres I'm not that big of a fan of for gaming. Only racing, dance/music/rhythm, and rougelike are the genres I like even less outside of a few exceptions.

I also stupidly traded that game many years ago to help pay for either Super Smash Bros Brawl or Super Mario Galaxy 2 when either game was released. I paid $20 for it back in the day and now that game goes for around $100-$150+ these days.
ive still got it and several other big ticket items. At some point I'll sell them...maybe. Blood Will Tell and Fire Emblem Path of Radiance i have both CiB and in like new condition. If i got them graded theyd move for 1-1.5k.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote