View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 09:40 PM   #55529
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
Hey. I love Randy Orton. Let’s not use this as a reason to bash him. This is about WWE trying this “ironically bad” thing but not being nearly smart enough to do it properly.
Is that what you think they're going for? I'm asking that genuinely, because it is such a weird promotional angle.

It doesn't make sense in kayfabe. The goal of wrestling shouldn't be to have a "great match." I guess you could call Hogan vs. Andre a "great match" in terms of that promotional tact, so maybe they're going for that, but why Edge and Orton? Like, even if you like both guys and take their careers in kayfabe, it's still not, like, "the biggest" or a dream match. And it does sound like it's setting them up for failure. You don't set up a joke by saying it is going to be the funniest thing you've ever heard in your life, and you don't set up a wrestling match by promising quality. You present it as something people want to see and let it unfold.

I'm honestly feeling like it doesn't happen. Or not in the way the WWE is leading you to believe. My first thought when I heard about it was that it's going to be a bait-and-switch or something. I'm expecting The Undisputed Era to crash it and attack both guys or something. Even so, it's still an awful and weird promotional tactic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
Sonya's gorgeous. How is she in the ring these days? I don't remember her being great, but it's been a few years since I've seen her. Want her to do really well.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote