View Single Post
Old 06-27-2023, 03:18 PM   #3419
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
End of Month Notes as we head into July:

-Not an e-mail note but I'm retconning my referring to the July "PPV" as Fight for the Fallen. I've re-named it to Blood and Guts. If you recall from my previous game, Blood and Guts is basically War Games. Well, I'm doing one of those matches at the show. And calling it "Fight for the Fallen", a show meant to raise money for gun violence and having a match called Blood and Guts on it would be, well, a choice

-NOAH announced their touring roster which includes Timothy Thatcher, who was on my roster on an Open deal but I couldn't use him because he was away for most of the month on a NOAH tour. Anyway, Thatcher announced he was dropping me and any other global-level bookings because of pressure from his Japan commitments.

What this means is that, all of the New Japan guys are going to leave me in March 2024 when NJPW announce their roster for the next year. I will need to use Arsenic if I want to get them all back on Open deals for Forbidden Door 2024. I probably will, because I'm not really here to "win" the game, just have fun booking.

-Also some of the Open contract guys demanded a 10% wage hike, it's whatever, they are independent contractors and can ask for whatever they want I suppose. It's mostly the lower paid guys on the NJPW crew I won't be using much if at all anyway.

-Staff member Danny Davis retired. I hired him and every other good trainer in the game immediately upon starting, including a bunch of WWE's jettisoned trainers that were good (Norman Smiley, Matt Bloom). Thankfully I've got the workload more than covered.

-Minoru Suzuki turned 55 years old and subsequently has announced he will retire at the end of the month alas, I saw that coming which is why I wanted to do the handshake thing with Orange. NJPW are on tour the entire month of July so that was my one and only Suzuki match.

-Main Roster Birthdays (not including NJPW birthdays since they'll be used sparingly, nor ROH birthdays because I have no idea when or if they'll be called up)

The Blade (43)
Dax Harwood (39)
Cezar Bononi (37)
Brandon Cutler (36)
Hikaru Shida (35)
Max Caster (34)
Peter Avalon (34)
John Silver (33)
Tay Melo (28)
Jack Perry (26)
Riho (26)

Next week I'll have over twice as many e-mails because I'll start getting some developmental reports from ROH.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote