View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 07:42 PM   #1332
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On today's edition of WWE's The Bump, it was announced that there will be a special NXT Takeover: In Your House episode of the show on Sunday June 7th.

They also announced that the Ric Flair "WWE 24" subtitled "The Final Farewell" will air June 7th on demand and premiering officially on the live stream after Takeover: In Your House.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Q - Facebook has a lot of postings about Vince selling WWE to Fox sports. Is this just a wild rumor? If he did, would he be able to start another wrestling company down the road?

A - We were not able to confirm the rumor, which also mentioned ESPN sports as a co-owner (which I don’t ever see happening, it would be one or the other). But if Vince sells, I don’t see any corporation not requiring him to sign a do not compete clause. In fact, I would think they would want him to stay on, much like Dana White did with the UFC.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Ring of Honor announced the following:

Ring of Honor continues to present new, fun and entertaining content to fans, with the debut of “First Match in ROH.” The debut episode features Matt Taven from 2010 in a tag match vs. The All Night Express.
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_HBLLbqeNk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The WWE Network has added carosuels celebrating Shad Gaspard's career with the company.

They also have sections for The IIconics, Randy Savage (as today is the ninth anniversary of his passing) and In Your House as well.
Quote:
On 5/15, WWE applied for several trademarks for "DEF REBEL".
Based on the filing, seems to be something musical related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
David Bixenspan spoke with Martha Hart for the Daily Beast prior to the airing of Tuesday’s episode of Dark Side of the Ring. Bixenspan has done thorough reporting on this story including obtaining a copy of the police report from the Kansas City Police Department. In speaking with Hart, she responded to Jerry McDevitt’s comments earlier this week specifically stating that Martha “not even remotely interested in finding out what happened that night; she just wanted to use it as a vehicle to beat up a business that she didn’t like that her husband was in, the wrestling business.” Hart’s response to the Daily Beast was:

In response to Jerry McDevitt’s recent comments I want to make it very clear, if there was one person on this planet who wanted to get to the bottom of what happened to my husband Owen it was me!,” she wrote. “The defense on the other hand was doing everything in their power to muddy the waters (as they try to continue to do) in an effort to detract from the case because they didn’t have one. I read every single affidavit taken, sat through endless face-to-face depositions, and spent over a year of my life dissecting every solitary fact of this case. To insinuate for one second that I of all people did not care about the truth behind Owen’s death, but instead was more interested in a ridiculous vendetta against the wrestling business, is beyond the pale.

Jerry McDevitt’s comments are absolutely absurd, reckless, and pathetic. I am not surprised that the WWE would trot out Mr. McDevitt to do damage control. After all, the events surrounding Owen’s death and the aftermath that followed are extremely disturbing and do not reflect well on their company.

In several interviews including the one with Bixenspan, Martha mentions Bret’s support when she filed the wrongful death lawsuit but added he was hoping to secure the rights to his WWF footage and wanted that included in the settlement agreement, which did not occur. Bret issued a brief statement to Tony Maglio of The Wrap indicating there was more to it than seeking footage but did not wish to engage in a public war of words:

While I am not interested in engaging in any more media mudslinging between Martha and myself especially in light of a global pandemic, I will say that our fallout is multifaceted. To say that it only involved being able to access and use my WWE footage and photos for future projects would merely be an oversimplification and inaccurate. I will not comment any further on the matter.
Quote:
The Undertaker (Mark Calaway) spent two hours speaking with Bill Simmons for his podcast on The Ringer promoting the documentary. During the discussion, the Survivor Series 1997 came up with his take on the entire issue between Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels and how he could have been used as the go-between the avoid the screw job:

I was pissed. I was pissed about the whole thing because I was like, I could have possibly been used to get what we needed. Take Shawn out of this, let me do it and then I’ll do business on the other side and I think Bret probably would have went for that. I mean there was such disdain at that time between the two of them and Bret was leaving but I was just like, if you had come to me with this too, and it’s his company and he did what he thought what was best, but I was like ‘I think I could’ve helped this whole thing out’. I’m going to do business, but it happened, and I was really pissed. The next day, we were supposed to show up by Noon for a TV day and I think I rolled it around 5 the next day because I didn’t know because I was so pissed about the whole thing and the way it went down. I had to really gather myself because I was, my intentions when I got there was like ‘I’m going off on somebody about this’.

Calaway spoke about his numerous surgeries including the need to address an issue with the right knee currently. On his hip surgeries, he said the reason his career continued was because of something called the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing System, which he had in 2011 for the left hip and 2017 on the right hip. If he had the traditional hip replacement surgery where they cut out the femur off and insert a metal prosthesis and that would have ended his career. He noted that after facing the prospect of the regular hip replacement in 2011, he concluded his career was over and cut off his hair before learning of the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing option that extended his career and returned at WrestleMania 28 in April 2012 for the Hell in a Cell match with Triple H.
Quote:
Stardom announced Wednesday that Arisa Hoshiki is retiring due to head and neck issues. Hoshiki, 24, was the promotion’s Wonder of Stardom champion, which they stated was vacated as a result of this news. Hoshiki was part of Stardom’s original roster when it launched in 2011. She took a hiatus before in 2012 and competed in Shoot Boxing with two fights in 2014 against Maki Goto and Akari Nakamura. In 2018, she returned to Stardom as part of the STARS group. In April 2019, she won the annual Cinderella tournament defeating Saki Kashima, Natsuko Tora, and Konami in the open-night tournament. This led to her winning the Wonder of Stardom title on May 16, 2019, from Momo Watanabe.
Quote:
Randy Savage (Randy Poffo) passed away on this date in 2011 at the age of 58. Savage was driving with his wife and suffered a heart attack while behind the wheel in Seminole, Florida. It was a major mainstream story when he died due to his cultural connection from the exposure with the WWF throughout the ’80s on NBC and being one of the industry’s most recognizable characters during a major popular peak.
Quote:
In Canada, Crave is currently offering a free 30-day free trial that includes all the episodes from both seasons of Dark Side of the Ring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figghtful
Tuesday's season finale of Dark Side of the Ring focused on the final days of Owen Hart and brought to light some added information.

In the documentary, Martha Hart showed viewers the clip that was supposed to hold Owen for the stunt, revealing that it took just six pounds of pressure for the clip to release before giving an example of how easy it was to release the clip ...

David Bixenspan acquired an investigative file from the Kansas City Police Department, which features a 1999 interview with rigger Bobby Talbert, who was hired by WWE to set-up the stunt. In the interview, Talbert reveals that Max Mini was supposed to be attached to Owen, but they later decided against performing that stunt. Talbert stated he had done a similar stunt for WCW where two people were attached together and lowered from the rafters and to the ring.

According to Martha in her book, Talbert claimed the stunt they asked Owen to perform was similar to Sting's stunt. But Ellis Edwards, who was the stunt coordinator for WCW, disputed that claim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
The Undertaker's storied WrestleMania career peaked at WrestleMania 25 against Shawn Michaels when the two men had arguably the greatest WrestleMania match of all-time.

Both The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels have had classic matches throughout their WWE tenure, but WrestleMania 25 is at the top of the top for most fans. Including The Undertaker.

"In-ring, probably the four matches -- the two I had with Shawn and the two I had with Triple H. What we do more than anything else is tell stories. Wrestling is about telling stories. It's a violent, physical way of doing it, but that's the essence of what we do, done right. I'll put the first WrestleMania match with Shawn up against any and say 'show me something that's better than that as far as storytelling and execution.' Follow that up with Shawn's last match. That's some pressure. That's somebody that I feel, personally, and I think most people do, as one of the greatest in-ring, out-of-ring performers ever," Undertaker told Ariel Helwani on Helwani's MMA Show when asked about his favorite WWE matches.
Link: https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1263157748893650944

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
It's unlike that Owen Hart will ever go into the WWE Hall of Fame as long as his wife Martha Hart is alive. Martha has been adamant about not wanting WWE to honor Owen as she holds them responsible for his death in 1999.

In interviews leading up to the season finale of Dark Side of the Ring, which focused on the life and death of Owen Hart, Martha called the WWE Hall of Fame, "a fake entity" and "an event they hold to make money."

On Dark Side of the Ring, Owen's 28-year-old son Oje stood by his mom's side when it comes to his dad going into the WWE Hall of Fame.

"I would never let WWE put his name on a piece of silver and say that 'they got that,"' said Oje. "We have built a foundation that helps put people in homes, that helps single moms like my mom was, that lets kids go to school. This was all done in his namesake. This has all got Owen Hart written all over it. This is how communities, people, society remembers him. That's how we want it to be done. Yeah, he was a wrestler, but he was bigger than that. That was just part of who he was."

Oje is referring to the Owen Hart Foundation, which was set up in Owen's name to assist communities.

Oje has not spoken much, if it all, over the years about his father's passing or given his stance on Owen's legacy in WWE. During his 2018 Hall of Fame speech, Mark Henry referenced Oje in a plea to Martha to let Owen into the WWE Hall of Fame.

“Martha. This is not from the company. This is not from other wrestlers. This is from his other brother. He needs to be here. I’d love to be able to look down one day and see Oje able to be among us. It’s his birthright," said Henry in his speech.

It doesn't sound like Oje wants the privilege of standing next to Mark Henry in a Hall of Fame that doesn't physically exist.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote