Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 04:27 AM   #468
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane Knight View Post
Howabout one where Bioware kept up with their claims? I mean, they were talking multiple, fluid endings to the series.

This is bordering on Peter Molyneux syndrome, and that's before plot holes you can drive the Normandy through.

Having not purchased the game, I don't feel "ripped off," per se, but that's a pretty lousy ending to a series that was supposed to be all about choices and shit.
How dare you, both endings that come from one single choice at the end are very different.

The main plot was always fucked, I just looked at it like big black robots to kill, oh well. All the time the subplots, attachment to the crew and quite well executed interspecies politics kept me coming back.

The thing with Molyneux is that when his games were good, most of the ideas he had that never made it in were superficial anyway. He loved talking about things they were probably trying, but was way too early as they didn't even know if it was possible now. Bioware have basically lied about a very fundamental aspect to the game and even through doing that, if the ending had any closure in at all after a game I found an immense amount of joy in up until that point, I probably would have just thought "oh you Bioware, you lying little toerags. I'll let you off this time!".

But no. We got what I am assuming is the deadline ending no matter if they do DLC the ending or not.

Obviously this "save your save111!!1" is making me think DLC ending even more, but they could make a Mass Effect 4 that a Miranda that's been reconstructed by Jacob reconstructs Shepard one... more... time....

Then we find out that Desmond ruined this series too by looking at the events through an Animus in 4156.
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote