View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 09:36 PM   #13423
Sixx
LUV CABBAGE/H8 JEWS

Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
Eternals - 7/10

I had low expectations going in, as the trailers didn't really do anything for me and the source material bored me to tears, but I ended up enjoying this, overall.

Right off the bat, this would have worked far better as a disney+ series. You've got an entire team of characters being introduced, and a plot that's perhaps even grander in scale than endgame. That said, this is not X-men: Apocalypse. This film actually does a pretty damn good job getting you invested in the many characters and story, despite fitting it all in a single film. It's just not as satisfying as it could have been if it had more time.

It's also been brought to my attention that a large portion of the negativity around this film comes from review bombers upset that the film has a diverse cast and a gay character. Having seen the film, I can safely say that the parallels between extreme woke crowds bombing ghost in the shell for "white washing" and extreme anti-woke crowds bombing this for diversity pandering, would be hilarious if it weren't so depressing. They're two sides of the same coin, and the world would be a better place if said coin got chucked into the sun. The cast is diverse because it has to be, given who these characters are and the effect they have on human history. The gay character just happens to be gay, just like some characters happen to be straight. There's no lgbtq acceptance message anywhere in the movie.

Anyway, moving away from all THAT, this is probably one of, if not the most gorgeously shot films in the mcu. So I'm kind of torn on whether it should have been a tv show or not, as you definitely couldn't have achieved the visual grandeur on a TV budget, disney+ or otherwise.

I think there's going to be people who absolutely love this film. I also think there are people who will hate it. I can't see destor letting some of this movies faults slide as much as I have, for instance. It's definitely not the typical mcu film so it's going to be devisive. They got balls though, to not only try something like that, but do it with an entirely new cast of characters. Gives me hope that marvel is willing to venture out of its comfort zone to keep things from going stagnant.
Why in the fuck should there be some lgbt acceptance stuff?
Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote