View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 05:56 AM   #2359
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I just wrapped up a successful Backlash 2017 and in the process of building towards Judgment Day. I have some new wrestlers fresh from developmental to help break up some of the monotony. I've got Kane retiring at the end of the month and I might as well use him to help put one of the new guys over. Here are some quick results from Backlash:

WWE Cruiserweight Champion Mark Mason defeated Don Maiden to retain the title. 93%

Evan Bourne pinned Cash Stevens. 92%

WWE U.S. Heavyweight Champion Pete Shapiro pinned Drew McIntyre to retain the title. 94%

WWE Diva's Champion Natalya pinned Nicole Durgan to retain the title. 92%

AJ Styles and newly turned CM Punk defeated The Status Quo to win the WWE Unified Tag Team Titles. 97% (!)

Mr. Kennedy pinned Jack Swagger. 91%

Chris Sylvain defeated Batista by DQ. 94%

The Miz pinned Kofi Kingston in a triple threat match also involving WWE Champion John Morrison to win the title for a second time. 86%

Overall rating: 93%

For some reason, everything Kingston touches turns to crap despite some very impressive stats and wrestling guys who are also awesome. I'm thinking of just jobbing him out for a while to put over some new guys and just letting him go. Anywho, over on Raw, the Status Quo storyline is going to continue to evolve, Miz and Morrison have one more date with destiny, and Styles and Punk are going to try to make this tag title reign work. Over on SmackDown!, Rhodes and DiBiase are at odds, Ian Moore is taking his first steps towards being a successful World Heavyweight Champion, Sean Criss is eager to cash in his Money in the Bank contract but is apparently on the shelf, Sheamus and Rhyno seem to enjoy beating the hell out of each other, and newcomer Apocalypse has laid out the challenge to the Big Red Machine Kane! And best of all? No Mark Henry!!! Stay tuned!!!

Championship roll call:

World Heavyweight Champion: Ian Moore; won title at WrestleMania 33 from Jason Collins. Next scheduled defense: Judgment Day against Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase in a triple threat match

WWE Champion: The Miz; won title at Backlash 2017 from John Morrison in a triple threat match also involving Kofi Kingston. Next scheduled defense: John Morrison in a ladder match in two weeks on Raw

WWE U.S. Heavyweight Champion: Pete Shapiro; won title at Survivor Series 2016 from Cash Stevens. No upcoming defenses scheduled.

WWE Intercontinental Champion: MVP; won title at WrestleMania 33 from Cody Rhodes in a triple threat match also involving Bryan Danielson. Next scheduled defense: Sean O'Haire at Judgment Day

WWE Diva's Champion: Natalya; won title at Royal Rumble 2017 from Nicole Durgan. Next scheduled defense: Judgment Day against Lisa Benton

WWE Cruiserweight Champion: Mark Mason; won title at Bragging Rights 2016 from Alex Furious. Next scheduled defense: Judgment Day against Matrix

WWE Unified Tag Team Champions: AJ Styles and CM Punk; won titles from Bret Banderas and Brian York at Backlash 2017. Next scheduled defense: A rematch two weeks from now on Raw.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote