View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 02:18 PM   #2890
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Superstars: May 31, 2040

It's the final show of the month. I think I can take things sort of easy. I'm anxious to see how my first month on 4.2 turns out. Sonya Braddock better have continued to bring in the monies.

Opening Match: Nigel Gallagher vs. Tom Foley
Cruiserweight action at its midcard finest! I'm obviously very high on Nigel as he's quickly coming into his own as far as putting out awesome performances. Maybe he can be a Rookie of the Year Slammy contender? Anyways, Nigel gets the pin with the Union Smack but Jerome McDougal wants to ruin things for the rookie Brit and he comes down to nail Nigel in the back with a chair. ****1/2, 87% overall.

Backstage, Kerry Cemenko feels embarrassed by what happened at Judgment Day. What kind of guy is he if he's losing to a whiner like Xavier Cross. Cemenko declares that he's capable of pulling himself out of this rut and not letting Cross just discard him.

Back to the arena Nathan Quinn makes his way out to the stage. He hopes that everyone took notice of what he did on Raw and that it is proof positive that he will always look out for his clients and that includes his newest acquisition who is here tonight! Quinn asks us to welcome...LEAH! The debuting diva makes her way out and joins Quinn at his side. Quinn announces that she will make her in-ring debut tomorrow night on SmackDown! by challenging any woman brave enough to accept!

Second Match: Alexander Piero vs. Orlando Kincaid
This is probably Piero's biggest test to date as Kincaid is a former Intercontinental and Unified Tag Team Champion. Kincaid controls with his veteran tactics but grows increasingly frustrated at not being able to put away the rookie. They eventually end up outside of the ring and Kincaid just says 'fuck it' and uses the ring bell on Piero when it looks like Piero's momentum starts to become too much. Piero may have just finally received his harsh welcome to the WWE. ****1/2

Third Match: The Dillingers vs. The Southern Gentlemen
I mean, can you have enough ***** tag team matches on your show? I don't think so and these guys were gracious enough to deliver! The Dillingers get the win after Ben pinned Brody Lee. *****, 95% overall.

Backstage, Ozzy Mandias wants to respond to the threats made by Romeo Valiente. Ozzy reminds us all that Valiente started all of this when he couldn't handle the fact that Ozzy eliminated him back in the Cruiserweight Rumble. Ozzy is willing to comply with leaving Valiente alone, however....IF Valiente issues an apology.

Fourth Match: Shawn Dangerson vs. WWE Intercontinental Champion Brandon Reigns
Reigns is back in action after his stunning upset at Judgment Day. Nothing wrong with giving him a solid win here to help keep his momentum. After Reigns gets another submission win the Iron Reign, he gets on the mic and immediately dismisses Kyle Jacobs. "You people think Jacobs becoming the number one contender or Jake Connelly being forced to retire at MY hands is big news? Well I've got a doozy for you. Tomorrow on SmackDown!, I'm announcing when I'll be cashing in my Money in the Bank contract!!!" *****, 94% overall.

We're joined by Faith Connors in the ring who wants to discuss Jenna Kyle. "If you all would be so kind as to indulge me, there's something that I want to share with you regarding Jenna. Even though it might be hard to believe considering these past few...well, who am I kidding?...this past year, Jenna was actually the first friend I ever made when I came into the wrestling business. I was just some scrappy kid who did parkour for fun who got into this game on the promises and dubious kindness of strangers who were willing to take a chance on me. Jenna, however, didn't believe in chance. She believed in the certainty that Faith Connors was going to be not just a major female star in wrestling, but THE major female star in wrestling. She pushed me to go that extra mile when I was running on empty and it was a hell of a trip when she and I entered this stage almost side-by-side. So in a lot of ways you can say I owe a lot to her. But I can easily say that she owes me a lot, too, considering everything we've been through together. So with that said I am asking Jenna to join me out here right now."

All eyes are fixed on the ramp and sure enough they're greeted by Jenna Kyle who looks somewhat annoyed as she enters the ring. "What is it that you could possibly think I owe you, Faith?"

"Well, it's actually nothing major, I don't think. You see, if you recall I made a bit of an overture to you not too long ago about moving past all the nastiness between us and you said it wasn't really the time to even think about it. Well, here we are, four days after Judgment Day, we stand face-to-face together a couple of losers, neither one us going to Night of Champions. Then, you have to factor in what you did on Raw. So what I'm asking of you is quite simply where is your head at? I need to know how distrusting I'm going to be with you from here on out. I have a preference because you're more honest with friends than with your enemies but I'm all ears with whatever's on your mind."

"First things first, watch who you're calling a loser. Secondly, it would be completely convenient and easy to just sweep all of my feelings under the rug as simple jealousy but you know that isn't true. I push people to be their best so that I am able to say that I beat the best and that's what I've done whether you like it or not. So how much can you trust me? Well, you can definitely trust that in my heart I will always believe that the top spot belongs to me. There's where my head is at."

Lisa Benton decides to join the conversation by making her way to the stage. She's seen quite enough of this and makes the declaration that one way or another, the animosity between Faith and Jenna needs to end. Benton asks the pair how they feel about one more match. Faith simply replies while looking at Jenna, "I'm down." Jenna replies, "Time and place" while returning Faith's gaze.

Benton continues, "Well, lucky for all of us I have just the match and just the time and place. In 11 days, the second Raw of June, the two of you will be the main event in what will surely be the most decisive encounter to put a cap on all of this hostility. It will be a match that few dare to tackle but yet one you two are familiar with....AN IRON WOMAN MATCH!" We go to break with Faith and Jenna still staring each other down, both seemingly happy with the news.

Back from break, Brooke is backstage with her client Carmella Costello. They're not impressed with Faith or Jenna and they hope the two take each other out so that there's room for an outstanding up-and-comer. Frankie will need to be dealt with first, however.

Fifth Match: King Kavovit and Moses McKay vs. The Wyldhearts
I think I might just make McKay and Kavovit a permanent team. They gel really well and it couldn't hurt the division. What does hurt is the Agents of Change mucking things up for the Wyldhearts allowing McKay to pin Robbie Greer. *****, 94% overall.

MAIN EVENT: WWE Cruiserweight Champion Former Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody and Jason Sorola vs. Jordan Demiras and Martyn LaSalle
Before the match, Hotbody stays on the stage still in his street clothes and berates Jordan Demiras for what went down on Raw during what was supposed to be a night of fun for everyone. Demiras only cares about himself and ruined the night for all of these people! As much as Hotbody wants to compete tonight, he is refusing to compete against Demiras until he learns proper respect for party etiquette and that he can't just show up uninvited wherever he feels like it! How would the people like it if Demiras just showed up at your wedding unannounced? It's rude and selfish, is what it is. Besides, even if Hotbody wanted to compete tonight, he can't because of the vicious injuries caused by Demiras carelessly smashing one of Hotbody's prized dance records in his face. The doctors found pieces of vinyl in Hotbody's eye. HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO GET VINYL IN HIS EYE!!! Not to worry as Hotbody has a suitable replacement for tonight's match as it is someone who is just as angry as Hotbody is and just as vicious...making his return...ZED JONES!!!

MAIN EVENT: Zed Jones and Jason Sorola vs. Jordan Demiras and Martyn LaSalle
Hotbody takes his leave and the main event proceeds with Jones just dominating the faces. The end comes when Hotbody comes running down the aisle in what sure is a brief moment of good health that coincidentally occurs once Demiras and LaSalle have Jones in trouble. LaSalle gets tripped up and that allows Jones to score a cheap pin on him. The faces get beaten down in a three-on-two scenario as we go off the air. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Overall show rating: 91%
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote