View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 01:49 PM   #2849
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Raw: May 21, 2040

We're six days away from Judgment Day! We've got a pretty loaded card so far but we're missing a Women's Title match and a Unified Tag Team Title match. Sonya Braddock is out here apparently to address that as she throws shade on Vivian Merrick. Sonya says she is always willing to put her money where her mouth is but expects anyone trying to step up to her to do the same. She calls out Vivian Merrick to the stage so they can hash out a deal.

Vivian slowly but surely answers the call in a huff. She has no problem throwing down when the time is right but says that things are going to be done on her terms. This is what Vivian proposes: a six-person match at Judgment Day, with Vivian teaming up with her Unified Tag Team champions, The Future Foundation facing off against Sonya Braddock and the Play Pals. Here's the catch: if Sonya's team wins, Sonya remains Women's Champion and the Play Pals can get their title shot. If Vivian's team wins, Vivian is the new Women's Champion. Sonya boasts about not needing the help but as long as it gives her a chance to shut Vivian up, she'll take it. It's on!

First Match: Quentin McDaniels vs. Mathias
This is Quentin's first appearance back after his brutal I Quit match at Backlash. Although I have to say it's quite the oversight on my part to have the LOSER of that match back into the thick of things quicker than the winner. Anyways, McDaniels makes the most of his return by securing a hard fought victory after hitting the Great Depression. ****1/2, 91% overall.

Second Match: The Play Pals vs. The Wolves of Wall Street
Well, the Play Pals have something to look forward to at Judgment Day and they need a strong showing here to prepare for that 6-person match. Both teams here just blow away the crowd with a hell of a performance that ends when Haywood locks in the Rage Quit on London for the tap out. *****, 95% overall.

Backstage, Kerry Cemenko and the Unified World Champion Noah Carmichael are being interviewed about tonight's match against their respective opponents, Xavier Cross and Butch Fleming. Cemenko is all about knocking self-absorbed jerks down a peg or two. Who knows? If he's impressive enough, he might even be in line for the Unified World Title. Carmichael tells Cemenko to hold his horses. Surviving tonight is crucial in order to own the night this Sunday. Butch Fleming may be all hot and bothered and fueled by a year's worth of bitterness but Carmichaels knows him better than anyone. Let tonight be the opening act for Judgment Day.

Third Match: Jenna Kyle and Faith Connors vs. Hannah McCormick and Bobbi Jo
Jenna and Faith are forced together here by order of Lisa Benton. This is a bit of a preview of the Queen of Queens match this Sunday. Once again, Jenna and Faith work well together here despite themselves. It's all for naught though as Naomi Bailey smacks Jenna down when they get face-to-face on the outside for the DQ. They brawl for a while before officials come out to get some control. *****, 94% overall.

I'm almost afraid of what's going to be produced in that four way come Judgment Day.

Backstage, WWE Cruiserweight Champion Jordan Demiras is up in arms over Michael Hotbody, his challenger this Sunday for the title. Jordan wants to compliment Hotbody for being slick. Hotbody thought he had a plan that was going to give him an easy route to the championship. Hotbody hoped if Jordan was mad enough, furious enough, and maybe just crazy enough, Jordan would end up screwing himself out of the title. Well Hotbody accomplished the first part and it's going to end up biting him in the ass.

Fourth Match: Clubber Harris and Chris Collins vs. The Wasteland
Haven't really had Collins and Harris doing much so screw it. Let them get a win here. Maybe they'll gel enough to where I get recommended they stay a team which would be interesting. Collins gets the pin on Duke after the Fall From Heaven. *****, 96% overall.

It's time to sign the contract for the Intercontinental Title match between Brandon Reigns and his former mentor, Jake Connelly in the middle of the ring. Reigns tells Connelly that this his last chance to back out of this whole mess. Nobody will think any less of him if he does. "It's like everyone keeps talking about, Jake Connelly is the man. He's the myth. He's the legend. Main event after main event. WrestleMania after WrestleMania. Championship after championship. What exactly is there to gain by taking part in this insanity at Judgment Day? Oh, I think I know. It's your wounded pride, isn't it? The mighty ego of The Vision, Jake Connelly, can not stand idly by after it has been bruised, is that right? This is all just an act of vanity. You know it, I know it, and everyone watching knows it. You'll get your Hall of Fame induction. You'll get your name etched into the record books until the end of time as one of the greats. You'll get some fancy schmancy cushy production job. So ultimately it all comes down to vanity and the reality is, for someone like you, with what you're looking to put on the line when you sign that contract against someone like me, that is easily the stupidest motivation to have."

Connelly stares a hole into Reigns as the champion wraps up his little speech, not the least bit amused. He takes his own mic and addresses his adversary. "It's funny that you mention vanity because quite frankly, vanity is a pretty stupid motivation for what you did two weeks ago. Now, it can definitely be argued that you are overdue as far as being the top guy is concerned. But if there's one thing I've learned doing this after all of these years, the biggest obstacle to where you want to go is yourself. You see YOUR ego couldn't bear pondering over whatever mishaps or errors in judgment you might have inflicted on yourself so you got yourself a nice little excuse wrapped up and packaged as Jake Connelly standing in your way. Well, I'm going to grant you your wish." Connelly pauses to sign the contract. "I am now officially in your way! And make no mistake, Brandon; the mishap you're going to have at Judgment Day, it's all going to be on me."

Reigns looks a tad apprehensive but ultimately puts his name on the dotted line. "It's your career. Don't worry. I'll make the end of it very memorable." With that, he whacks Connelly with the clipboard and we have a brawl on our hands. Connelly looks to have the upper hand and sets up for the Vision Impairment but Reigns counters with a shot to the face with the Money in the Bank briefcase. Reigns takes his leave as Connelly is down and out.

Fifth Match: WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody and Zed Jones vs. Shawn Dangerson and Josh Turmell
Hotbody and Jones have their hands full this Sunday and they have themselves an impressive outing here. Hotbody hits Dangerson with the Hot Ticket to pick up the win for his team and to BUILD MOMENTUM! Haven appears on screen and threatens Zed Jones by suggesting Judgment Day will be a wake up call inviting him to the beautiful hell that is in store. ****1/2, 91% overall.

Sixth Match: Kyle Jacobs vs. Lonny Richards
Jacobs is looking to BUILD MOMENTUM for Judgment Day as he's got Salvatore Scabbia in his sights. Richards uses this match to try to get himself over and dominates for the most part. The end comes when Scabbia drags Kyle out to smack him around for the DQ. Richards is still in the ring trying to gain his bearings when Caleb Greene makes his return to try to get a measure of revenge on his former partner. We've got a double brawl on our hands! ****1/2, 92% overall.

MAIN EVENT: WWE Unified World Champion Noah Carmichael and Kerry Cemenko vs. Butch Fleming and Xavier Cross
It's the last Raw before Judgment Day so naturally all four men are interested in making an impact to gain some measure of an advantage. It's not so much a tag match as it is a clashing of stubborn, uncontrollable forces. Ultimately, Cross uses one of the Unified World Title championship belts to KO Cemenko and he gets the pin for his team. Fleming uses the other belt to lay out Carmichael on the outside. Both the heels play to the crowd as they head up the ramp in victory. *****, 94% overall.

Overall show rating: 91%
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote