View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 03:56 AM   #2845
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
SmackDown!: May 18, 2040

Opening Match: Nigel Gallagher and The British Infection vs. Jerome McDougal and The Millennium Rebels
This is the Brits along with the newly arrived Nigel Gallagher against the crew of Aaron Ramsey in a bit of an extension of what went down on Raw. 6-person tags are always a fun way to kick off a show and this is no different. Aaron Ramsey earns his keep here by taking advantage of the inexperience of Nigel to allow him to fall victim to McDougal's treachery. The heels get the win here via shenanigans. ****1/2, 88% overall.

Backstage, Marc Fury is making his way to ring for his scheduled match. However, Hugo blindsides him and just batters him all over the place. The destruction continues apparently.

Second Match: Haven vs. L.A. Xander
I feel like Haven has been getting the shaft recently so I figure I give him a strong win here. Of course I immediately blow that up by having Zed Jones attack him afterward. Zed doesn't look to happy about what Haven did last night as he beats up Haven. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Third Match: Jason Sorola and Romeo Valiente vs. Martyn LaSalle and Ozzy Mandias
Intersecting two different rivalries here as we got some awesome cruiserweight action here. Ozzy and LaSalle get a countout win when Valiente decides he's having too rough of a night. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Backstage, Faith Connors comes across Jenna Kyle. Faith says that she's not exactly sure how to feel about last night. On one hand, she guesses she should be thankful that Jenna was there for her but on the other, she kind of blew it by getting disqualified. Now they both have to contend with a four way at Judgment Day. Jenna tells Faith to back off because she's not in the mood. Yeah, she screwed up but she doesn't owe Faith anything when it's all said and done. Jenna claims she'll find a way to win anyway because she is the Queen of Queens.

Faith lowers her head and sighs. "What happened between us?" she asks. "How did we get here? After all we've been through are we still here at this place just sniping at each other? Look, Judgment Day and how last night ended aside, if I'm being completely honest with you, teaming up was actually....fun. It was a brief glimpse into how things used to be between us before it all went to hell. Can't we at least TRY to get somewhere near there again?"

Jenna gets face-to-face with Faith and simply says, "I don't know. But I sure as hell won't be thinking about that at Judgment Day", before taking her leave.

Fourth Match: Billie Padgett, Emma Edwards, and Eclypse vs. Jamie Roderick, Lauren Franklyn, and Sarah Moore
Giving some of the underutilized women a showcase here while also giving a strong win for Billie Padgett. She hits Moore with the Red Hook for the pin. ****1/2, 91% overall.

Fifth Match: WWE Cruiserweight Champion Jordan Demiras vs. Zachary Vale
This was supposed to be Marc Fury facing Vale here but Demiras volunteers to step up after Fury got destroyed earlier. Demiras needed a win here after all Hotbody has put him through. Speaking of which, Hotbody screws up a run-in and Demiras capitalizes on it to get the pin on Vale. ****1/2, 90% overall.

Backstage, Naomi Bailey meets up with Hannah McCormick and they take turns taking pot shots at Faith and Jenna. They both feel each of them deserve to be called Queen of Queens.

Sixth Match: The Dillingers vs. The Academy
A way to provide a hot tag team match while also continuing the feud between Kyle Jacobs and Salvatore Scabbia, who gets involved here to help Randy Ellis get the win over Joey Dillinger. Kyle Jacobs runs in to get a piece of Scabbia as things continue to heat up ahead of their match at Judgment Day. *****, 95% overall.

Backstage, Butch Fleming wants to rip into Noah Carmichael. Judgment Day is such an appropriate name for next Sunday. The sin of turning your back on Butch Fleming has consequences. Dire consequences. Brutal consequences. A man can get very creative when he has a year to think about the people who have wrong him.

MAIN EVENT: No DQ, Seth Von Kamp vs. Moses McKay
This will hopefully be the final confrontation to settle things between these two. It's a wild brawl in an extension of the bloody encounter they went through at Backlash. Things come to an end when Seth Von Kamp hits the Collapse of Society for the pin. *****, 95% overall.

Overall show rating: 89%
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote