View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 03:42 PM   #2422
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
WCW Monday Nitro 9/8/2003

Nitro kicks off with the remaining first-round matches in the Cruiserweight TItle tournament. "Above Average" Mike Sanders, with his manager Disco Inferno, takes on Crowbar. Decent match. You could probably call it... above average. I'll leave now. Oh, and Crowbar wins.

Inexplicably, EWR thinks that Chris Harris is a lighweight. I, inexplicably, let EWR's weight-class analysis determine who gets into my tournaments. C'est la vie. I don't know if I'm using that right. Anyway, the "Wildcat" beats Psychosis to reach the Elite Eight.

Last week, AJ Styles said that he would beat Billy Kidman tonight. And, you know what? He was right! Very exciting match that AJ wins clean with the Styles Clash. Remarkably, in a match involving a Styles Clash finish and Billy Kidman, no one died!

Our eighth and final spot in the quarterfinals is up for grabs in our next match pitting Ultimo Dragon against Juventud Guerrera in a battle of two of the cruiserweight division's founding fathers. Very exciting match. In the end, though, Juventud takes advantage of a Dragon slip-up (Sorry, Funky) to hit the 450 to get the win.

Backstage, the nWo is warming up. Three members will be in action tonight. Rick Steiner is still pissed about the whole my-brother-picked-somebody-other-than-me-to-attack-Booker-T-and-Dustin-Rhodes-last-week thing.

Road Warrior Animal, finally recovered from his brawl with Big Van Vader last week, takes on the struggling Nikita Koloff in our next match. It's a brief match that's interrupted by (SURPRISE!) Vader, who attacks Animal, resulting in a DQ loss for Koloff.

Backstage, Scott Hall is about to crack more Nikita Koloff jokes when he's blindsided by Koloff himself. Apparently, there is a limit to how many times you can have Scott Hall make fun of you. And that limit is two.

New World Order members Buff Bagwell and Scott Norton (collectively, Vicious & Delicious) are in the ring when we return from break. They will take on two of their (or, at least Buff's, we still don't know what's going on with whether Norton is in the match 'cause of Rick Steiner being a baby) War Games opponents, Goldberg and Dustin Rhodes (collectively, Goldberg & Dustin Rhodes). It's a Goldberg match, so he gets the hot tag and levels Buff with the Jackhammer for the win. After the match, Vicious & Delicious argue about whose fault that was. I'm gonna go with Goldberg.

Rick Steiner is out next for his next attempt at making the War Games match as he goes one-on-one with Booker T. The seven-time, seven-time, seven-time, seven-time, seven-time, seven-time, seven-time WCW Champion picks up the clean victory, and Rick is now 0-2.

The members of Team WCW then cut an in-ring promo because they keep giving me really high ratings. Oh, and they have a match in a couple weeks. There's that, too.

Our main event - I'm just gonna lay this out for you - is weird. Unlikely WCW Champion Shane Helms teams with Ernest "The Cat" Miller to face Konnan and #1 contender Jeff Jarrett. No real reason, I'm just curious what shit I can throw out there and still have higher ratings than Raw. No, really, this is building to stuff sort of, but still. Weird. Helms pins Konnan for the win. After the match, all four men brawl WE'RE OUT OF TIME WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN NEXT?!?!?

=====

Quick Results (Final Rating 6.81)
  1. ROUND ONE - Crowbar over Mike Sanders
  2. ROUND ONE - Chris Harris over Psychosis
  3. ROUND ONE - AJ Styles over Billy Kidman
  4. ROUND ONE - Juventud Guerrera over Ultimo Dragon
  5. nWo promo
  6. Road Warrior Animal over Nikita Koloff by DQ when Big Van Vader attacks Animal
  7. Koloff attacks Scott Hall backstage
  8. Goldberg and Dustin Rhodes over Vicious & Delicious, V&D argue after
  9. Booker T over Rick Steiner
  10. Team WCW promo because ratings
  11. Shane Helms and Ernest Miller over Jeff Jarrett and Konnan
Fall Brawl 2003 Card so far (9/21)
  • War Games: Team WCW (Hulk Hogan, Goldberg, Rey Mysterio Jr., Booker T, and Dustin Rhodes) vs. New World Order (Sting, Lex Luger, Scott Steiner, Buff Bagwell, and Scott Norton or Rick Steiner)
  • WCW World Heavyweight Title: Shane Helms (c) vs. Jeff Jarrett
  • WCW Cruiserweight Title: Tournament final, participants TBD
Cruiserweight Title Tournament Quarterfinal Match-Ups Revealed!
Crowbar vs. AJ Styles
Shannon Moore vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Chris Harris vs. Juventud Guerrera
Harry Smith vs. Elix Skipper

Last edited by loopydate; 02-22-2015 at 02:54 PM.
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote