View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 12:30 AM   #2415
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
WWF SmackDown! 9/4/2003

Dan Wilson and Tazz welcome us to SmackDown as The Rock makes his way down the aisle to a massive pop. They hype up that he's approximately 2.3% of the way to his showdown with Brock Lesnar at the Royal Rumble. Grand Master Sexay is waiting for him in the ring. The bell sounds. Sexay tries to get Rock to dance at the beginning of the match. He hands Rock his sunglasses. Rock raises an eyebrow. The crowd pops. Sexay tries to match the eyebrow. Not the same. When they finally tie up, Rock puts him away pretty easily. They shake hands after. Yay friends!

Backstage, John Cena cuts a promo. It rhymes, which I'm no good at, so let's just say it's pretty awesome, and he blames Shawn Michaels for keeping him from his destiny of being World Champion.

Monday night on Raw, Hardcore Holly cost Bubba Ray Dudley the Intercontinental Title. Tonight, he teams with the new champion, his Dirty Dozen brother X-Pac against the Dudley Boyz! Super stiff match between the four high-end midcarders. The fun is ruined when Kane appears on the ramp, resulting in a distraction, which lets Big Show sneak into the ring and lay out the Dudleyz. This allows Holly to pin D-Von. After the match, the beatdown is on until Bradshaw and Faarooq run them off. The Dudleyville Protection Agency... sort of lives up to its name.

After commercial, Perry Saturn is in the ring with his manager Paul Bearer, who speaks briefly about how he, too, once blindly followed the Undertaker. He offers a cautionary tale about obedience. Saturn nods and says "Yes, Paul" a lot. Very... obediently.

Turns out the reason Paul's talking about Undertaker is that one of his charges, K-Kwik is Saturn's opponent. What are the odds? Decent match that Saturn wins with the Moss-Covered 3-Handled Family Credenza.

Undertaker rides out at the conclusion of the match, staring down Bearer as he rides. He enters the ring, and it looks like he might lay out Kwik for losing, but he instead helps him to his feet and has the New Age Outlaws assist him to the back. Scotty 2 Hotty dances out. Oh, God. Scotty's gonna die. Bell rings, goozle, chokeslam, pin one two... Taker pulls Scotty's shoulder up. Tombstone one two... Taker gets up. He finally winds up hitting a Last Ride before finally allowing the referee to count to three. Taker stomps on Scotty a couple more times before riding off.

Suddenly, Scotty isn't alone in the ring anymore as Raven lays him out with a Raven Effect! Raven, who looked like he was losing it a bit last week, screams at Scotty "WHAT ABOUT ME?!? WHAT ABOUT RAVEN?!?" He issues a challenge for Unforgiven. Scotty is unconscious, so he's not saying anything, but I think it's probably safe to say he'll agree to it when he wakes up.

The Women's Title is on the line next as Molly Holly defends against the co-#1 contenders Ivory and Lita. You'll remember Ivory and Lita won a triple threat tag match on Monday to earn this shot. It's a solidly-wrestled encounter between two women who know what they're doing, and one that can occasionally flip over without injuring herself or the people around her. Lita lays out Ivory with a Twist of Fate, only to be thrown from the ring by Molly, who pins Ivory to retain her title.

Shawn Michaels is backstage. "John Cena thinks I'm standing between him and his destiny. He thinks that he's the future of this company, the next Brock Lesnar, the next Rock, the next Austin. The next Shawn Michaels. Well, kid, I've got news for you. The next Shawn Michaels is the same guy as the last Shawn Michaels. There's only one Heartbreak Kid, and he's not going anywhere. Did I cost Cena a title shot? Maybe. But if Cena wants to say that it's my fault he's not on my level, I'll be more than happy to tune up the band for him one more time.

Our main event pits #1 contender Kurt Angle and his Team BRECK-J stablemate Chris Benoit against the running buddies of the World Champion, Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin, the WWF Tag Team Champions. It's God's Team against the World's Greatest Tag Team! The match certainly lives up to its potential, as arguably the four greatest athletes on the roster pull out all the stops. As the match degenerates into chaos, Brock Lesnar enters the ring and lays Angle out with an F-5, allowing Shelton Benjamin to pick up the victory. Lesnar continues the assault after the bell.

He has Haas fetch him his title belt, which he uses to lay out a bloodied Angle. SmackDown goes off the air with the champion posing over the challenger with the title. Will the result be the same at Unforgiven?

Quick Results (Final Rating 5.16)
  1. ROAD TO REDEMPTION - The Rock over Grand Master Sexay, they shake hands after
  2. John Cena promo on Shawn Michaels
  3. Hardcore Holly and X-Pac over Dudley Boyz when Big Show and Kane interfere. APA makes the save after
  4. Paul Bearer hypes Perry Saturn
  5. Perry Saturn over K-Kwik
  6. Undertaker squashes Scotty 2 Hotty and does a beatdown after
  7. Raven attacks Scotty after match WHAT ABOUT ME?!? WHAT ABOUT YOU AND ME ON PPV?!?
  8. WOMEN'S TITLE - Molly Holly retains against Ivory and Lita
  9. Shawn Michaels promo on John Cena
  10. NON-TITLE - World's Greatest Tag Team over Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle when Brock Lesnar attacks Angle
  11. Lesnar attacks Angle with the World Title and stands over him
Unforgiven 2003 Card so far (9/28)
  • WWF World Heavyweight Title: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Kurt Angle
  • Road To Redemption: The Rock vs. ???
  • Eddie Guerrero vs. Triple H
  • Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Raven
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote