View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 04:49 PM   #2997
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
Second Match: King of the Ring Second Round - Salvatore Scabbia vs. Martyn LaSalle
LaSalle makes it known that he's aware of what Hotbody is trying to do with his insults and theatrics. Hotbody shouldn't be worried about whether or not LaSalle has friends because the comfort of the Cruiserweight Championship along with the King of the Ring crown is more than enough. Scabbia tries his usual overpowering tactics here forcing LaSalle to take this to the mat in order to stand a chance. LaSalle manages to counter the Omerta and turn it into an attempt at locking in the Martynizer but Michael Hotbody makes his presence known being accompanied by an obvious, umm, 'professional companion', and offers her up to LaSalle. This is enough to break LaSalle's focus and Scabbia escapes and goes back into locking in the Omerta which causes LaSalle to pass out sending Scabbia to the quarterfinals. After Scabbia leaves Michael Hotbody and his, er, company enter the ring and Hotbody gets on the mic and mocks LaSalle for not being able to 'rise' to the occassion despite Hotbody bringing him a companion. ****1/2, 92% overall.
Michael Hotbody debuted his new gimmick: The Godfather. It got a confused response.

Quote:
Third Match: The Wyldhearts vs. The Wolves of Wall Street
The Wyldhearts have some fire here as they're happy to be the number one contenders to the Unified Tag Team Titles. Vivian Merrick once again makes it a point to watch the match from the stage. Well that aside, this is all about making the Wyldhearts look good and they isolate Hughs and hit the Heartstopper for the win. Vivian looks impressed and possibly a little aroused. *****, 95% overall.

Quote:
Sixth Match: Leah vs. Missy Brantley
Leah and Nathan Quinn make it a point to hand out photos of their beatdown of Jenna Kyle from last week to the crowd. Quinn points out that Jenna might just never show her face again around here! The match goes along without a hitch until Leah looks to hit the Sultry Splash but HERE COMES JENNA running down the aisle! She makes a beeline for Leah and tackles her down for the DQ. Jenna will not be denied though! She smashes Leah's face into the canvas a few times before Quinn pulls her off and gets Leah the hell out of there. ****1/2, 92% overall.
I'm all in on Jenna snapping and killing things. I don't really ever do handicap matches but would pop at Jenna facing both Leah and Quinn and making Quinn tap out.

Quote:
MAIN EVENT: King of the Ring Second Round - Ryan Pattillo vs. Zed Jones
This will do it for our King of the Ring matches for the night. Michael Hotbody accompanies Zed and invites Martyn LaSalle to watch a real King of the Ring contender in Zed Jones...if he's still not off in dreamland, that is. This is another hard-hitting contest with Hotbody interjecting himself whenever he can behind the ref's back. Ultimately Martyn LaSalle comes down and stalks Hotbody. Hotbody shits his pants and backs off pleading with LaSalle. They have themselves a chase through the crowd leaving Zed by himself with Pattillo. The whole ordeal is enough to allow Pattillo to take advantage of Zed's pre-occupation with the shenanigans and hit the Shutdown to get the win and advance to the quarterfinals. ****1/2, 91% overall.
Even though it'd be heavyweight vs. cruiserweight, I envision Jones eventually being tired of Hotbody's antics and turning on him, but for realsies this time. I'm always a sucker for "heel's stooge gets fed up". I think AEW are saving Wardlow eventually turning on MJF for when they get back on the road in front of crowds, because I think it will blow the roof off the building.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote